Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2024, 12:29:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227993 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Former Guns n' Roses manager Alan Niven speaks!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Former Guns n' Roses manager Alan Niven speaks!  (Read 27126 times)
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #160 on: March 23, 2006, 10:56:42 PM »

Haha Slash isnt back in Guns.. VR is coming out with a new album, and besides if he left, do u think Scott, Matt, or Duff would let him go without making it public and spilling the beans on this HUGE reuinion between axl n slash..

Its nothing but a dream..

Yeah a VR dance concept album. That is gonna rock  Roll Eyes

you'd be the first to say wait for the album if axl made a comment like that...  We know you already hate the album even before it comes out.. hihi

Agreed. I see no reason why you should be bashing VR's new album before you've heard a note. Especally cause like Mike said.. if Axl said the same thing you would be dying to hear it.

Whatever

gnrevolution.com
badapple81
« Reply #161 on: March 24, 2006, 03:54:20 AM »

As I said before, interesting comments about who wrote the melodies on a lot off the songs... which has been of a lot of debate here lately..

And I mean Axl fired this guy.. so he has no reason to be bias.
^faeryeV
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #162 on: March 24, 2006, 06:47:22 AM »

But is this letter from Niven real or a joke?

Granted: if a fake then Nivens abrasive style has been copied with some degree of success.
godiva
« Reply #163 on: March 24, 2006, 09:11:16 AM »

Since it was posted on Metal Sludge I won't believe it till there is some sort of confirmation Niven actually wrote that. If it's not a fake I think it is nice he is on Axl's side. Remember: it won't be the first time Metal Sludge posted something that wasn't legit. Remember the fake Earl Gabbidon interview?
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #164 on: March 24, 2006, 12:14:18 PM »

Very well written too.?. .
Really? On what grade level? The caps lock thing is the least of Niven's worries. He might need to go back and make another attempt at passing 6th grade, because there is major grammar, punctuation, and spelling errors.

Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #165 on: March 24, 2006, 12:34:39 PM »

James> There ARE major grammar, punctuation, and spelling errors...  hihi

He even spelled Weiland as Weilland.  just curious if it's actually legit.  You'd think they'd edit stuff before releasing it if it's legit, eh?

GNRevolution... the missing link.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #166 on: March 24, 2006, 12:54:51 PM »

James> There ARE major grammar, punctuation, and spelling errors...? hihi

He even spelled Weiland as Weilland.? just curious if it's actually legit.? You'd think they'd edit stuff before releasing it if it's legit, eh?
hihi If you noticed that minor error, how come nobody noticed anything in Niven's statement? Is it because it takes Axl's side?

Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #167 on: March 24, 2006, 01:02:18 PM »

Haha, well I noticed a lot of errors... I just didn't want to say anything, because we're not supposed to post solely for the purpose of criticizing grammar.  hihi It's quite possible that the Axl fans have had the bandana pulled over their eyes.  Wink

GNRevolution... the missing link.
Sterlingdog
« Reply #168 on: March 24, 2006, 01:08:24 PM »

If you noticed that minor error, how come nobody noticed anything in Niven's statement? Is it because it takes Axl's side?

Nobody noticed, or nobody cared?  Besides, many people on this board couldn't speak as well as that statement was written, errors and all.  I don't even make the effort anymore.  But I don't think the errors in grammer, etc. make it false.  If he wrote it himself without a secretary to edit it, then its reasonable that it would have errors. 

That said, the statement does not ring true to me.  I can't say for sure, because I know nothing about Niven.  But as I read it again, my instinct is that it was written by a fan, not an industry person.  Just a guess though. 
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #169 on: March 24, 2006, 01:17:21 PM »

I was told there was a phone number attached to the email that was sent to various sites in order to authenticate it as being real. I'm not sure if any of the people who originally recieved the email from Niven's daughter (she supposidely sent it for her father) actually called or not, but Bori (runs blabbermouth) told me he was going to have a friend of his check it out to see if it was indeed real or not.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #170 on: March 24, 2006, 01:33:40 PM »

Nobody noticed, or nobody cared??
In an era of fake sources and fake insiders, I think people should care.
That said, the statement does not ring true to me. I can't say for sure, because I know nothing about Niven. But as I read it again, my instinct is that it was written by a fan, not an industry person. Just a guess though.
I agree. Of course, there's always the chance it could be real. The piece is way too biased to come from a "professional" such as Niven. All it does is basically fall into line with all the crap we've heard since the Weiland and Axl statements. In fact, what Niven said sounds like it could have come from one of these threads. hihi

ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #171 on: March 24, 2006, 01:35:00 PM »

Finally, someone who speaks some sense.

Good on you, Mr. Niven.  beer
Sterlingdog
« Reply #172 on: March 24, 2006, 02:34:17 PM »

I agree. Of course, there's always the chance it could be real. The piece is way too biased to come from a "professional" such as Niven. All it does is basically fall into line with all the crap we've heard since the Weiland and Axl statements. In fact, what Niven said sounds like it could have come from one of these threads. hihi

That's exactly what I thought.  Of course, who's to say that Mr. Niven isn't a member of this board?  Maybe we should be trying to spot him!
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #173 on: March 24, 2006, 03:01:09 PM »

That's exactly what I thought.? Of course, who's to say that Mr. Niven isn't a member of this board?? Maybe we should be trying to spot him!
hihi Good luck with that. Start by going through the 100 page thread of hundreds of people calling Weiland a fag and a pussy. I'm sure he's in there somewhere. hihi

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #174 on: March 24, 2006, 03:58:18 PM »

That's exactly what I thought.  Of course, who's to say that Mr. Niven isn't a member of this board?  Maybe we should be trying to spot him!
hihi Good luck with that. Start by going through the 100 page thread of hundreds of people calling Weiland a fag and a pussy. I'm sure he's in there somewhere. hihi

Or just look through this thread, handy. There're quite a few Mr Niven lookalikes.

BTW, No he isn't calling Mr. Weiland names. And no there weren't hundreads of people in that thread.
Don't make it up.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #175 on: March 24, 2006, 04:11:31 PM »

That's exactly what I thought.? Of course, who's to say that Mr. Niven isn't a member of this board?? Maybe we should be trying to spot him!

Or just look through this thread, handy. There're quite a few Mr Niven lookalikes.

BTW, No he isn't calling Mr. Weiland names. And no there weren't hundreads of people in that thread.
Don't make it up.

Go read the thread again, ppbebe. Maybe you missed out on 70 or 80 pages of it. Not too many posts there that didn't resort to the "Weiland is a fag" tactic.

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #176 on: March 24, 2006, 08:04:54 PM »

Go read the thread again, ppbebe. Maybe you missed out on 70 or 80 pages of it. Not too many posts there that didn't resort to the "Weiland is a fag" tactic.

Don't exaggerate. I must admit I didn't read all the pages but there can't be hundreds of posters.
There were only a handful of posters retorting insult for insult for Axl.
But what else do you expect from the fans when someone calls their beloved front man names?
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #177 on: March 24, 2006, 10:34:59 PM »

Really? On what grade level? The caps lock thing is the least of Niven's worries. He might need to go back and make another attempt at passing 6th grade, because there is major grammar, punctuation, and spelling errors.

James, so many people are putting forth a lot of effort lately talking shit about a reunion.  I mean faking a letter from a former member?  Reporting a joke conversation between Lars and Kid Rock?  Ross Haflin posting on his site?  I mean, why do all these irrelevant people keep trying to get a reunion going?  Why are they wasting their time for nothing?  Unless....its not for nothing....  Where there is smoke there is fire.  I just don't buy it right now.  But dam, this shit is every day now.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #178 on: March 24, 2006, 10:50:55 PM »

James, so many people are putting forth a lot of effort lately talking shit about a reunion.? I mean faking a letter from a former member?? Reporting a joke conversation between Lars and Kid Rock?? Ross Haflin posting on his site?? I mean, why do all these irrelevant people keep trying to get a reunion going?? Why are they wasting their time for nothing?? Unless....its not for nothing....? Where there is smoke there is fire.? I just don't buy it right now.? But dam, this shit is every day now.
Everytime this reunion shit starts, I always remember what started it in the first place. It started with fake insiders, then Halfin, and now all other sorts of people are saying it. I dont buy any of it. That "fire" that got started was a mirage. If other people at all the forums want to believe it, then that's their choice. I'm not falling for it.

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #179 on: March 24, 2006, 10:59:58 PM »

James, so many people are putting forth a lot of effort lately talking shit about a reunion.? I mean faking a letter from a former member?? Reporting a joke conversation between Lars and Kid Rock?? Ross Haflin posting on his site?? I mean, why do all these irrelevant people keep trying to get a reunion going?? Why are they wasting their time for nothing?? Unless....its not for nothing....? Where there is smoke there is fire.? I just don't buy it right now.? But dam, this shit is every day now.
Everytime this reunion shit starts, I always remember what started it in the first place. It started with fake insiders, then Halfin, and now all other sorts of people are saying it. I dont buy any of it. That "fire" that got started was a mirage. If other people at all the forums want to believe it, then that's their choice. I'm not falling for it.

Thanks for snuffing out my fire James.......you basssstard.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: