Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 12:15:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  CD Not Going To Be Released Next Month (From SP1at)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CD Not Going To Be Released Next Month (From SP1at)  (Read 24959 times)
Siliconmessiah
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2006, 01:19:08 PM »

But on the other hand, Sp1at has been wrong before...
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2006, 01:23:09 PM »

Gigger, I agree with that. A release date announced before Rio would save the tour. Even if the release date is way down the road, say August or even September. But if he says 'See ya in the summer with a bunch of new songs' instead of a real date, then he should just announce the cancellation of the tour on the same stage.

If this tour is cancelled, I predict the end of GNR. At least the end of this version anyways.

Does this tour need saving at the moment? it's sold reasonably well with almost no promotion.

i agree if this is it-we hear nothing official about CD before Rio, then we have problems and the tour could collapse, but with 2 months and change to  i wouldnt turn pessimistic yet, as some people here and other places are so inclined to do (not targeting that at you James, just a general statement)

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2006, 01:29:05 PM »

What's funny is how people guarantee this album is coming out right before, or in the middle of the tour. Why? Did it come out in 2002? We had fake insiders up the ass claiming the same thing four years ago. Same with 2001. Obviously, the logical thing to happen would be an announcement or release right before the tour, or at the beginning of the tour. But since when is logic used in the same sentence with GNR?

Yeah, I'm sure Axl knows that alot is at stake this time. Everyone knows that. But does that mean we are guaranteed to see the album before or during the tour? No, it does not. Anyone that thinks its a guarantee needs to get in a time machine and go back four or five years and listen to those same guarantees.

NickNasty: The main reasons of the good ticket sales is half the people are expecting a reunion and the other half are expecting CD. If they dont come through on one of those, the tour will tank fast.

Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2006, 01:30:20 PM »

I don't think a lack of a release date would be a death blow in and of itself... IF the shows are fucking amazing and feature 7-10 tracks off CD (not just CD, Madagascar and The Blues) each night...

Lastly... IF Slash and Duff are along for the ride... the release date could be in 2010 and no one (outside of us die hards) will give a shit...

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2006, 01:34:39 PM »

NickNasty: The main reasons of the good ticket sales is half the people are expecting a reunion and the other half are expecting CD. If they dont come through on one of those, the tour will tank fast.

i dont neccesarily disagree with that-i just think it's too early to go into a full-out panic/piss negative mode...now, if i hear nothing in the next two weeks or so, my mind may change nervous

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
madagas
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2006, 01:38:04 PM »

at a bare minimum they need a single on the radio before Rio...... Angry
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2006, 01:38:32 PM »

Lastly... IF Slash and Duff are along for the ride... the release date could be in 2010 and no one (outside of us die hards) will give a shit...
I disagree. If Slash and Duff are "along for the ride", that just means guaranteed AFD rehash. Hell, the 'new' band can do that. No way will those two coming back not piss fans off about a longer wait. Plus, doing that is unfair to the band and would probably make them leave. They have patiently waited for Axl to get his shit together. Bringing any old members in would be a slap in the face.

Nicknasty: I agree, and I said this earlier in another thread. If we go a few more weeks with nothing from the GNR camp, not only can you forget about CD in the short term, you can forget about the tour as well. We still have not heard confirmation that the tour actually exists.

Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2006, 01:39:33 PM »

I honestly wonder if Axl even has a fucking clue about who he's touring with this summer... imagine if the communication gets all screwed up and he shows up at the stadium in Lisbon and finds Slash, Duff, Izzy, Popcorn, Matt, Dizzy, Robin, Buckethead, Richard, Brain, Chris Pitman, Tommy, Michael Angelo Batio, Teddy Zig Zag Big Bag The Greek Andreattis on ?the Harmonica and Brian May all hanging out backstage before the show... sitting around like... ahhh... what the fuck?

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2006, 01:40:32 PM »

No confirmation that he's even touring?

Then why are all the dates and news stories posted.

Unless, you mean confirmation directly from axl or axl's management...
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2006, 01:40:52 PM »

I honestly wonder if Axl even has a fucking clue about who he's touring with this summer... imagine if the communication gets all screwed up and he shows up at the stadium in Lisbon and finds Slash, Duff, Izzy, Popcorn, Matt, Dizzy, Robin, Buckethead, Richard, Brain, Chris Pitman, Tommy, Michael Angelo Batio, Teddy Zig Zag Big Bag The Greek Andreattis on ?the Harmonica and Brian May all hanging out backstage before the show... sitting around like... ahhh... what the fuck?

Don't forget Derek Trucks.
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2006, 01:41:34 PM »

Slash and Duff aren't coming back.

I agree it would be ridiculous to at least not have some type of announcement regarding the status of C.D by the tour and would be more ridiculous not to release the album at least during it.

The concert is selling well because it's guns n roses, people are going to see a guns n roses show, if it was announced plans for C.D have been scrapped, I still think the shows would sell out. The name Guns N Roses still has huge drawing power.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2006, 01:41:49 PM »

What a GREAT fucking show that would be!

Just imagine the "rotation" they'd go through on stage.

Smiley

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2006, 01:42:56 PM »

I disagree. If Slash and Duff are "along for the ride", that just means guaranteed AFD rehash. Hell, the 'new' band can do that. No way will those two coming back not piss fans off about a longer wait. Plus, doing that is unfair to the band and would probably make them leave. They have patiently waited for Axl to get his shit together. Bringing any old members in would be a slap in the face.

I agree about that from our perspective... the masses and the music media have wanted a reunion of any kind for fucking years though... most of those types would take that over Chinese Democracy anyday... it would be a HUGE story... even I would be pumped to go watch Axl, Slash and Duff perform together even if it were just AFD and UYI rehash...

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2006, 01:46:15 PM »

No confirmation that he's even touring?

Then why are all the dates and news stories posted.

Unless, you mean confirmation directly from axl or axl's management...
Show me the confirmation. European ticket agencies and a few web sites is not confirmation to me.

All that sounds like is 2001.

St_Jimmyuk
VIP

Im Right next door to hell...

« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2006, 01:48:00 PM »

Awesome!!!

Now GN'R won't be fucking up my exam schedule next month...

First Guns N' Roses album in 15 years + 4 impossible law school exams = "do you want fries with that sir?"

GREAT NEWS!!

Come on... I know everybody's happy for ol' Mao! ok

what level are you taking them at

- They call me Lenny...... But that's not my name, that's not my name.
RichardNixon
« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2006, 01:49:23 PM »

I agree about that from our perspective... the masses and the music media have wanted a reunion of any kind for fucking years though... most of those types would take that over Chinese Democracy anyday... it would be a HUGE story... even I would be pumped to go watch Axl, Slash and Duff perform together even if it were just AFD and UYI rehash...

A reunion at this point would be terrible. It would be a huge step backwards and GN'R would be a nostalgia act, no better than KISS or Motley Crue (expect for the far better songs!). No, Axl needs to release CD with and tour w/the new band.

And I don't see the need for all the negativity just yet. There is a tour on the way, and yet people are talking as though the band is over, when they haven't even played a single note yet. Relax...for now at any rate.
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2006, 01:50:51 PM »

Your ranting and whining steming most likely from your previous bad g'nr related expirences will get to you nowhere Mr. Lofton.

I specifically mentioned, did you mean confirmation at all or confirmation directly from Axl or his management but you coulden't answer that.

Confirmation from the tour webpages, articles confirming their prescene their and Richard Fortus having the dates up on his site is confirmation enough from me.

The only thing that I think we need is some sort of press release from Axl or Axl's management.

If this tour ends up failing or called off within' the next few days, maybe I'll show your opinions more respect. But until then...
Crashdiet
Banned
VIP

'Absolutely'

« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2006, 01:51:30 PM »

If there is no release date before or during the tour.... then axl it completely out of touch with reality. Trying 'recreate' GNR is fine, but not releasing any new material since 99 (and that was only one song) is making him look like a fucking joke. IF they go out and play the same setlist or even add a few new tunes axl is still not going to get the response in the media he wants.

The only way to prove he is still relevant is to release a fucking album. its not hard. people do it everyday. If CD is not finished get out of the fucking night clubs and back in the studio.

13 million and still can't produce... gimme a break. I love the guy but get on with it already

Check out www.myspace.com/ashjonesmusic
Its me and my songs

Saskatoon, Sask Place March 16 1993

New York, Hammerstein Ballroom
May 12, 14, 15, 17
shaun
« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2006, 01:52:07 PM »

over on VR site, someone writes:

1999 - Releasing the track "Oh My God" on the "End OF Days" soundtrack. Led nowhere.
2001 - New Years Day concert. Lead to a few random appearences, but nothing else.
2002 - Tried the New Years approach AGAIN! Attempted to go on tour and ended up fucking it up in his usual bitchy way. Led Nowhere... yet again.
2006 - The year starts with release rumours, and rumours about Slash re-joining. Makes a few public appearences, and announces ANOTHER tour which WILL NOT be completed (If it even starts that is).

Seems they think the new GnR tour isn't going to last either. If the new GnR fails, CD maynot see the light of day. If GnR fuck up again, it will prove what a joke Axl really is. Some times i get the impression Axl likes to dig big holes for himself, just to see if he can climb out. I guess when the day arrives, he can't climb out, it'll be the end.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2006, 01:54:08 PM by D0badog » Logged
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2006, 01:53:17 PM »

Awesome!!!

Now GN'R won't be fucking up my exam schedule next month...

First Guns N' Roses album in 15 years + 4 impossible law school exams = "do you want fries with that sir?"

GREAT NEWS!!

Come on... I know everybody's happy for ol' Mao! ok

what level are you taking them at

2nd year (out of 3 in the US)... which is a lot better than 1st year... STILL- when CD comes out I'm bolting myself in my room and probably won't come out until 72 hours later... not condusive to studying. hihi

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: