Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 01:44:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  CD Not Going To Be Released Next Month (From SP1at)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CD Not Going To Be Released Next Month (From SP1at)  (Read 25344 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2006, 01:54:29 PM »

over on VR site, someone writes:

1999 - Releasing the track "Oh My God" on the "End OF Days" soundtrack. Led nowhere.
2001 - New Years Day concert. Lead to a few random appearences, but nothing else.
2002 - Tried the New Years approach AGAIN! Attempted to go on tour and ended up fucking it up in his usual bitchy way. Led Nowhere... yet again.
2006 - The year starts with release rumours, and rumours about Slash re-joining. Makes a few public appearences, and announces ANOTHER tour which WILL NOT be completed (If it even starts that is).

Seems they think the new GnR tour isn't going to last either. If the new GnR fails, CD maynot see the light of day. If GnR fuck up again, it will prove what a joke Axl really is. Some times i get the impression Axl likes to dig big holes for himself, just to see if he can climb out. I when the day arrives, he can't climb out, it'll be the end.

Not for nothing, but..considering all the bad blood lately..I'd consider the source on those comments on the VR board. 

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2006, 01:55:25 PM »

over on VR site, someone writes:

1999 - Releasing the track "Oh My God" on the "End OF Days" soundtrack. Led nowhere.
2001 - New Years Day concert. Lead to a few random appearences, but nothing else.
2002 - Tried the New Years approach AGAIN! Attempted to go on tour and ended up fucking it up in his usual bitchy way. Led Nowhere... yet again.
2006 - The year starts with release rumours, and rumours about Slash re-joining. Makes a few public appearences, and announces ANOTHER tour which WILL NOT be completed (If it even starts that is).

Seems they think the new GnR tour isn't going to last either. If the new GnR fails, CD maynot see the light of day. If GnR fuck up again, it will prove what a joke Axl really is. Some times i get the impression Axl likes to dig big holes for himself, just to see if he can climb out. I guess when the day arrives, he can't climb out, it'll be the end.

I'm sure they're circling like buzzards at the VR board... the reality is that they should be worried about their own band... Axl could dangle a reunion in front of Slash and Duff and deep six VR any fucking day he pleases...

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2006, 01:57:51 PM »

No confirmation that he's even touring?

Then why are all the dates and news stories posted.

Unless, you mean confirmation directly from axl or axl's management...
Show me the confirmation. European ticket agencies and a few web sites is not confirmation to me.

All that sounds like is 2001.

wasn`t the 2001 tour confirmed by management??

and the 2002 was confirmed as well.....   there simply are no guarantees regarding gnr......

it`s to early to speculate about the end of gnr at this point ok

let`s stay positive that axl actually manages to show up at these concerts (what i think he`ll do this time...) and that an announcement soon gets issued.......

it`s frustrating that we don`t have any official news at this point, but all this apocalyptic speculation isn`t very constructive either peace

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Meanmachine22
Rocker

Trust me it's worth the waiting...

« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2006, 01:59:33 PM »

No confirmation that he's even touring?

Then why are all the dates and news stories posted.

Unless, you mean confirmation directly from axl or axl's management...
Show me the confirmation. European ticket agencies and a few web sites is not confirmation to me.

All that sounds like is 2001.

Like 2001? yes a bit.... BUT even the dumbest,most ignorant instable motherfucker in the GNR Camp ( not necessarily talking about Axl!! hihi) knows that this time we are in a now or never situation.What happened with the (US-)tour in 2002 is still very present (at least to the amercian fans and the promotors). Axl knows that this might be the last real chance.. Still today a lot of people talk to me in disbelief when i have a GNR shirt on like" what was that at the VMA's?"...

No,another "fuck up" this time around and we will see a Knock out in early round 2....... ? ?no

They will deliver. And i think it is almost certain that we will at least know a release date (and probably have a single!) before the first note was played in Rio.

"when i say the time is right..well, than the time is right fuckhead!"
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2006, 02:00:47 PM »

Yeah, a lot of huge festivals would promote a band without their aknowledge just to be sued. Roll Eyes

The album will come out right before the tour, during it, or before the North American tour (assuming all goes well in Europe and they schedule it.)

Last I heard it hasn't even hit mastering yet.
Did you buy the "insider" status too? nervous

Steel_Angel
« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2006, 02:03:52 PM »

well..might as well hope for more leaks then? Kiss or a single ATLEAST confused
WARose
Legend

« Reply #46 on: March 27, 2006, 02:04:25 PM »

The album will come out right before the tour, during it, or before the North American tour (assuming all goes well in Europe and they schedule it.)

Last I heard it hasn't even hit mastering yet.
Did you buy the "insider" status too? nervous

there are loads of insiders on the boards these days hihi hihi

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #47 on: March 27, 2006, 02:09:13 PM »

Your ranting and whining steming most likely from your previous bad g'nr related expirences will get to you nowhere Mr. Lofton.

I specifically mentioned, did you mean confirmation at all or confirmation directly from Axl or his management but you coulden't answer that.

Confirmation from the tour webpages, articles confirming their prescene their and Richard Fortus having the dates up on his site is confirmation enough from me.

The only thing that I think we need is some sort of press release from Axl or Axl's management.

If this tour ends up failing or called off within' the next few days, maybe I'll show your opinions more respect. But until then...
You call a tour web page confirmation? A Richard Fortus website confirmation? articles "confirming their presence" confirmation? Gimme a break. That isn't confirmation. That's daydreams.

You're right. We need a press release from the GNR camp to confirm this. Until that day comes, this tour is one huge pipe dream. Its hard to believe its been weeks since this tour "confirmation" and not one word has come from the GNR camp, the ones that do the real confirming.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #48 on: March 27, 2006, 02:11:38 PM »

You call a tour web page confirmation? A Richard Fortus website confirmation? articles "confirming their presence" confirmation? Gimme a break. That isn't confirmation. That's daydreams.

You're right. We need a press release from the GNR camp to confirm this. Until that day comes, this tour is one huge pipe dream. Its hard to believe its been weeks since this tour "confirmation" and not one word has come from the GNR camp, the ones that do the real confirming.

Says the resident HTGTH pessimist. Smiley

And, if all those things aren't confirmation....what are they?  I mean, the term "confirmation" pretty much sums up what they are.  They might not be as definitive as you'd like them to be, but confirmation they are, all the same.

Email Merck.? He's confirmed the dates for others....I bet he'll confirm them for you, as well.

Together again,
RoCoKiN
VIP

I am The Shackler in the Rye with Diamonds!!

« Reply #49 on: March 27, 2006, 02:11:49 PM »

"Double talkin' jive release the album motherfucker
'cause I've got no more patience
 Double talkin' lies...no more patience man
 You Dig
 What the fuck I'm sayin'
 ?HomeFuck
 OOWWWWWWWWWWWW!" ?Angry

'...Oh, my distorted smile...'
WARose
Legend

« Reply #50 on: March 27, 2006, 02:13:43 PM »

Your ranting and whining steming most likely from your previous bad g'nr related expirences will get to you nowhere Mr. Lofton.

I specifically mentioned, did you mean confirmation at all or confirmation directly from Axl or his management but you coulden't answer that.

Confirmation from the tour webpages, articles confirming their prescene their and Richard Fortus having the dates up on his site is confirmation enough from me.

The only thing that I think we need is some sort of press release from Axl or Axl's management.

If this tour ends up failing or called off within' the next few days, maybe I'll show your opinions more respect. But until then...

the fact that i`m able to buy tickets for two gnr shows is confirmation enough for me to know that this tour exists  Lips Sealed

the point is that all this speculation is bullshit at present peace

Markus Asraelius
« Reply #51 on: March 27, 2006, 02:17:02 PM »

JamesLofton... I don't need to get into an argument with you. I really don't like you as a person, I never have and I never will.

But, I will mention that it's quite clear that no matter what happens regarding this subject, it will never be confirmation-enough for you. People like you make me sick.

Lips Sealed
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #52 on: March 27, 2006, 02:17:30 PM »

It's ironic. We see no GNR action whatsoever for 4 years, we finally have a summer tour scheduled, Axls making appearances weekly and the imminent CD release rumours are more frequent than ever, ?and we are all speculating how this summer could be the end of Axl ?hihi Only in the world of GNR! ?

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
Steel_Angel
« Reply #53 on: March 27, 2006, 02:18:19 PM »

JamesLofton... I don't need to get into an argument with you. I really don't like you as a person, I never have and I never will.

But, I will mention that it's quite clear that no matter what happens regarding this subject, it will never be confirmation-enough for you. People like you make me sick.

Lips Sealed
harshh...
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #54 on: March 27, 2006, 02:19:01 PM »

02 setlist and 02 outcome is a very strong possibility.
I agree. If the album isnt out by Rio, the tour officially becomes a joke. They wont play a bunch of new songs without the album out. If they did, we would already have the album in demo and bootlegs format.

Agree, I think its the 02 set list but instead of madagascar, the blues, and chinese democracy ... its better, TWAT, IRS.

Rock the jungle
Rocker

Here Today... GONE TO BARCELONA JODER!!

« Reply #55 on: March 27, 2006, 02:19:36 PM »

But please stop laming his ass!! ?
"Double talkin' jive release the album motherfucker
'cause I've got no more patience
 Double talkin' lies...no more patience man
 You Dig
 What the fuck I'm sayin'
 ?HomeFuck
 OOWWWWWWWWWWWW!" ?Angry

Hi to everyone, I'm a Guns N' Roses fan, and I'm sorry to say that the CD is going to be a fucking shit I'm really fed up of waiting. Axl's Guns N' Roses are not Guns N' Roses anymore... Where's the classic line up??

Axl we're waiting for you, don't be chicken and release the fucking CD at fucking once!

I'm sorry I can't stand anymore I'm sick of false rumours... it looks like we're laming his ass with the CD come on! leave him alone!!! and go to support other bands!

And then as soon as Axl release the CD, buy it and post our own critics.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #56 on: March 27, 2006, 02:20:46 PM »

Hi to everyone, I'm a Guns N' Roses fan, and I'm sorry to say that the CD is going to be a fucking shit I'm really fed up of waiting. Axl's Guns N' Roses are not Guns N' Roses anymore... Where's the classic line up??

Axl we're waiting for you, don't be chicken and release the fucking CD at fucking once!

I'm sorry I can't stand anymore I'm sick of false rumours... it looks like we're laming his ass with the CD come on! leave him alone!!! and go to support other bands!

And then as soon as Axl release the CD, buy it and post our own critics.

Love the avatar...Dangermouse (and Penfold) are the shizznits!

Smiley

Together again,
Meanmachine22
Rocker

Trust me it's worth the waiting...

« Reply #57 on: March 27, 2006, 02:27:29 PM »

wasn't there a note from Axl regarding the Dockland gig? Like " We have blah blah blah memories. Europe always been great blah blah..." ? Guess that is as much confirmation as you can get from Axl these days hihi

James Loften: You may be the "boards pessimist" but i really enjoy to read your posts (no sarcasm!!) and: Someone needs to do the "It's never gonna happen .Spread the word job"  hihi
When CD is out you will probaly wet your pants like anybody else here. See you in the first thread that hits the board when CD is released called : 

" i thought the holy grail gots something to do with religion. Fuck, i never knew that i just bought it in a cd store" ok

"when i say the time is right..well, than the time is right fuckhead!"
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #58 on: March 27, 2006, 02:29:56 PM »

Says the resident HTGTH pessimist. Smiley

And, if all those things aren't confirmation....what are they?? I mean, the term "confirmation" pretty much sums up what they are.? They might not be as definitive as you'd like them to be, but confirmation they are, all the same.

Email Merck.? He's confirmed the dates for others....I bet he'll confirm them for you, as well.
Cmon Pilferk. Did I miss some announcement from Merck or Axl? An email from Merck doesnt prove a thing. Emails dont prove shit. If you dont agree, go read all the previous email threads from years past. The only thing that proves its existence is an actual announcement/press release from the GNR camp.

Didn't you mean resident HTGTH realist? hihi

the resident HTGTH insider Mysteron needs to put his two cents in on this thread.

Lips Sealed
That was classy. ok Now go get in the back of a long line of people that offer nothing intellectual and instead of offering a decent rebuttal to something I said, have to resort to that type of bullshit. I dont like trolls. Never have, and I never will. If you would like, I can PM you a list of my trolls/stalkers, and you can join their club and do some serious mindmelding.

Dont bother responding to this, Markus. It will just prove you're a troll, and we dont need any more "confirmation".

Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #59 on: March 27, 2006, 02:33:47 PM »

I seem to think, that there is no release date confirmation, because it is still up in the air as to who is going to be touring with Axl this summer. ?I would imagine we will get an album this fall: ?either Chinese Democracy or a two disc set with the 2003 (Duff, Izzy, Slash, Matt) stuff mixed with the four or five completed songs from the 94-97 jam sessions on one disc, and a Best of on disc two. ?Increasingly, Axl's inclusion (on the non-Business Wire ?version of the legal statement) of the Oct. 2005 Slash visit, maybe more of a personal challenge to Slash than any legal maneuvering. ?Whatever the case, Sterling Sound is getting some material this summer to work on. ?

In either scenario, GNR is back this year--let's at least be happy about that. ?I tend to think that Axl is beginning to get a little nervous about this, and maybe thinking it's time to just throw away the last eight years, and give Duff a call. ?We know he chat's with Izzy, and we know that Slash and him were trying to work it out last fall. ?I would think one of the major sticking points to a reunion is choosing the drummer. ?Duff maybe still loyal to Matt, whereas I don't see Axl reconciling ever with the guy. ?Taz Bentley, Brain, or Josh Freese all would be very suitable in my book!

The nice thing about the new guy's is they all have their own projects--IF a REUNION DOES HAPPEN:

Fortus (may tour instead of Izz) or will continue to do session work, tour with Nena, re-join Richard Butler for a new album, etc.
Finck (may tour instead of Izz) or will rejoin Reznor and NIN, will work with Perry Farrell (who wanted to work with him on numerous occasions), ?or do more performing arts work, etc.
Brain can find work in a second with many bands, including Buckethead or Primus.
Pitman--more projects than one can name here--the guy is busy
Dizzy--will be involved in any GNR line-up
Tommy--Soul Asylum, or will reunited with Paul Westerburg

There is really many "win-win" scenarios, if shit hit's the fan with the new band.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: