Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 02, 2024, 12:02:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227984 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN'R Start Rehearsals ?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R Start Rehearsals ?  (Read 10867 times)
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2006, 08:40:57 PM »

acutally, they are rehearsing in my bedroom- dizzy is passed out after drinking a whole bottle of jaeger.

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
a.
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2006, 08:43:07 PM »

I'd almost pay some pretty big bucks to go see them rehearse. Perhaps they're playing on the same stage as Bob Barker in Burbank, CA? Wink
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2006, 08:51:57 PM »

The Price Is Right is shot in West Hollywood...
Jeramy
Rocker

« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2006, 08:53:48 PM »

^ hihi i'd like to see axl spin the big showcase showdown wheel, but back to the topic i hope someone does get some pics or new news on who's in the band or something now

"He's in my band, that's where Slash is, fuckhead. Go home!"
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #44 on: March 28, 2006, 09:36:04 PM »

Where is  Burbank ?!

California.

Stinson lives there.

Thanks that make sense because Stinson is the leadear of the rehearsals , he is AXl man wen AXl is not around .

you saying axl faxed over the songs for the band to practice while he scarfs down steaks at butter with lindsey lohan

Wouldn't you be doing the same Mike? Grin Wink hihi

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2006, 09:38:23 PM »

Where is? Burbank ?!

California.

Stinson lives there.

Thanks that make sense because Stinson is the leadear of the rehearsals , he is AXl man wen AXl is not around .

you saying axl faxed over the songs for the band to practice while he scarfs down steaks at butter with lindsey lohan

Axl couldn't have been eating with Lindsay Lohan - everyone knows that Lindsay Lohan doesn't eat.
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #46 on: March 28, 2006, 10:32:45 PM »

i would have thought they had started rehearsals at least some time ago, but i guess two months is enough?..

How much rehersal time do they need for songs that were done 7 years ago?
[/quote

Make that 20 years ago.
True Believer
Opening Act

« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2006, 10:54:30 PM »

They're gonna need a BIG space to rehearse.  To get used to the range of motion they'lll have.  For the Illusion tours they rehearsed at the Burbank Airport in a rented hangar...

SS
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #48 on: March 28, 2006, 10:56:19 PM »

They're gonna need a BIG space to rehearse.  To get used to the range of motion they'lll have.  For the Illusion tours they rehearsed at the Burbank Airport in a rented hangar...

SS

lol , back in the day they had money to burn .. BURN ... gnr aint getting that kinda money thrown at them these days.

KIKO2K6
Happy as a Pig in Shit
VIP

I am a ''ROCKER''

« Reply #49 on: March 29, 2006, 12:11:20 AM »

They're gonna need a BIG space to rehearse.? To get used to the range of motion they'lll have.? For the Illusion tours they rehearsed at the Burbank Airport in a rented hangar...

SS

Is this true ?! a full hangar ?!

The New Interpretation of a Masterwerk!!!!

http://www.angelfire.com/art2/kikoalbuquerque/

Chinese Democracy Starts....sometime between now and November 25th !
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #50 on: March 29, 2006, 12:17:14 AM »

no, an empty one.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
KIKO2K6
Happy as a Pig in Shit
VIP

I am a ''ROCKER''

« Reply #51 on: March 29, 2006, 01:06:30 AM »

no, an empty one.

A empty one .....okay thanks now this make sense .

The New Interpretation of a Masterwerk!!!!

http://www.angelfire.com/art2/kikoalbuquerque/

Chinese Democracy Starts....sometime between now and November 25th !
ericy210
Headliner

What's up..... homefuck!

« Reply #52 on: March 29, 2006, 07:20:41 AM »

Hangar makes sense.  Keep in mind it's not just about playing the tunes.  They have to work out the stage, lighting, sounds systems, how the crew breaks it all down and put it all together in different configurations for different venues, etc.

Iowa City 1993, Leeds 2002, Quad Cities 2002, Chicago 2002, NYC 2006, Lisbon 2006, London 2006, Donnington 2006, Wembley 2006, Chicago 2006, Toronto 2010, Chicago 2011, Chicago 2012, Chicago 2016 x 2
darkmonth
« Reply #53 on: March 29, 2006, 07:48:58 AM »

Luigi, I live in Sherman Oaks, and Mike, sadly, peole here in L.A. don't like Axl.  All you hear (for the most part) is the upcoming FALL OUT BOY concert.  Oh boy, I can hardly wait hihi  Axl probably rehearses at night, don't ya think?

The 2002 tour proves that Axl doesn't rehearse at all... The old gunners members used to rehearse without Axl, and his quality of vocal on the 2002 tour was awful overall... I am betting he doesn't rehearse with the band... they just play the songs as they're supposed to, and Axl turns up at the gig.  I'm confident of that.
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #54 on: March 29, 2006, 08:33:29 AM »

In the Illusion days, they practiced while listening to a recording of Axls vocals.  I'm sure the same thing is happening now.  Everyone knows Axl is busy with you know, important stuff. Cheesy

elmir
VIP

« Reply #55 on: March 29, 2006, 10:06:36 AM »

Hangar makes sense.  Keep in mind it's not just about playing the tunes.  They have to work out the stage, lighting, sounds systems, how the crew breaks it all down and put it all together in different configurations for different venues, etc.

that would be a huge waste of money....this doesn't happen...trust me.

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #56 on: March 29, 2006, 10:38:29 AM »

Luigi, I live in Sherman Oaks, and Mike, sadly, peole here in L.A. don't like Axl.  All you hear (for the most part) is the upcoming FALL OUT BOY concert.  Oh boy, I can hardly wait hihi  Axl probably rehearses at night, don't ya think?

The 2002 tour proves that Axl doesn't rehearse at all... The old gunners members used to rehearse without Axl, and his quality of vocal on the 2002 tour was awful overall... I am betting he doesn't rehearse with the band... they just play the songs as they're supposed to, and Axl turns up at the gig.  I'm confident of that.

I completely disagree with your assessment of Axl's vocals on the 2002 tour.  His voice sounded far stronger and healthier than it did during most of the Illusion tour.

As far as Axl not rehearsing with the band, he admitted to that during the 01-01-01 show.  It's not like they need him there to run through the songs, anyway.

Ali
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #57 on: March 29, 2006, 11:04:21 AM »

I guess some fans know the old lives only from the official releases.
Or they think a pushed throaty voice is stronger than the refined clear one that carries well.

that would be a huge waste of money....this doesn't happen...trust me.
Yea they could simulate the stage settings at home (using pc) and then put them into practice on the spot before each show, nay?

In this case, Tommy's bedroom is still a likely place. hihi
VelvetGoldman
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #58 on: March 29, 2006, 11:44:14 AM »

They're gonna need a BIG space to rehearse.? To get used to the range of motion they'lll have.? For the Illusion tours they rehearsed at the Burbank Airport in a rented hangar...

SS

Apropos...I wonder where the "Yesterdays" video has been shot...?
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #59 on: March 29, 2006, 11:47:12 AM »

They dont necessarily need a huge space to rehearse. I mean when GN'R played at Rock in Rio 2, the band rehearsed in this tiny ass room. Axl will probably be at a few rehearsals at least since he needs to get into the groove of singing in a live setting again, probably more towards May.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: