Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 09:50:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228062 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Possible "Surprise"?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Possible "Surprise"?  (Read 33315 times)
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #160 on: April 21, 2006, 05:38:04 PM »

i think the name does mean something.  i ve wanted to attend a gnr concert for as long as i can remember, i was probably way to young when the original line up toured, but nows my chance to see guns n roses. 

MarioGunner
Rocker

I should've known you're crazy

« Reply #161 on: April 21, 2006, 05:39:02 PM »

i think the name does mean something.? i ve wanted to attend a gnr concert for as long as i can remember, i was probably way to young when the original line up toured, but nows my chance to see guns n roses.?

as i said before, whatever man, if that makes you happy

You can run like a river
Till you end up in the sea
And you run till night is black
And keep on going in your dream

My NEW Trading Space http://www.freewebs.com/mariogunner/
Takemedown
Headliner

Livin' Life Full Throttle

« Reply #162 on: April 21, 2006, 05:44:53 PM »

bottom when people ask me what concert am i going to see in may, i say im going to see guns n roses, nothing more it for me

I say I am seeing axl rose and his new guys... I usually get asked if it's gnr they knew or axl's band.... I told one person I was going they asked me if it they had gotten back together...

it?s simply the truth, face it people, i have posted this in other threads, this just isn?t GN?R,? is axl?s proyect, he didn?t have to keep the name to succeed, he would have done it without the name, i think he should have called it something else.

as simple as that, wether we like it or not........ anyway we would still follow axl, am i wrong??

right on, bro. funny how some people seem to get offended at this simple fact! we all still dig axl, regardless!

and if slash came back i still wouldn't feel it was GNR (but it would be an enormous leap in the right direction). Need at least Duff also to start feeling it...
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #163 on: April 21, 2006, 05:49:25 PM »

i think the name does mean something.? i ve wanted to attend a gnr concert for as long as i can remember, i was probably way to young when the original line up toured, but nows my chance to see guns n roses.?

as i said before, whatever man, if that makes you happy

very true, im sure no matter how we look it, we re going to have a great time at the concerts

vds0216
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #164 on: April 21, 2006, 05:50:12 PM »

Axl brings the attitude...the energy that surrounds the night when the band is in town....the possibility of a cancelation or all hell breaking loose....he is rock n roll.....it sucks when it happens but thats how he is....thats y theres this aura about him...thats y the tour in 2002 was sold out even though there was nothin to promote....on the other hand slash and duff bring the stage presence...the completeness...every1 has a niche....but when it comes down to it axl is guns n roses...u cannot replace the attitude....the unknowingness of what this man will do next....we know guns n roses as this fucked up roller coaster ride that has many fans on it....we put up with a lot of his shit...i guess thats y we are drawn to it...cuz we put up so much....anyways....my dream...which i think will never b a reality....would have the curtains rise up and have slash come out....just to c them both...rock out on nightrain...or my michelle...or fuckin jingle bells.....whatever c ya all on the 12th
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #165 on: April 21, 2006, 06:10:29 PM »

bottom when people ask me what concert am i going to see in may, i say im going to see guns n roses, nothing more it for me

I say I am seeing axl rose and his new guys... I usually get asked if it's gnr they knew or axl's band.... I told one person I was going they asked me if it they had gotten back together...

it?s simply the truth, face it people, i have posted this in other threads, this just isn?t GN?R,  is axl?s proyect, he didn?t have to keep the name to succeed, he would have done it without the name, i think he should have called it something else.

as simple as that, wether we like it or not........ anyway we would still follow axl, am i wrong??

right on, bro. funny how some people seem to get offended at this simple fact! we all still dig axl, regardless!

and if slash came back i still wouldn't feel it was GNR (but it would be an enormous leap in the right direction). Need at least Duff also to start feeling it...

goin to the NY shows?  What does your ticket say?

Guns N' Roses?

Thats what I thought. 
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #166 on: April 21, 2006, 06:11:53 PM »

great point

believeume
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #167 on: April 21, 2006, 06:18:52 PM »

OK, so essentially to you, all Guns n Roses is, is Axl Rose. Fair enough.
Takemedown
Headliner

« Reply #168 on: April 21, 2006, 06:32:38 PM »

it?s simply the truth, face it people, i have posted this in other threads, this just isn?t GN?R,? is axl?s proyect, he didn?t have to keep the name to succeed, he would have done it without the name, i think he should have called it something else.

goin to the NY shows?? What does your ticket say?

Guns N' Roses?

Thats what I thought.?

Duhhhh, ummm, yep! That's what it READS. Axl owns the rights to the name, guy.

He can run fuckin' Hansen out there to back him up and he could still call it Guns N Roses. Don't make it Guns N' Roses!

Jeesh!
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #169 on: April 21, 2006, 06:33:54 PM »

it?s simply the truth, face it people, i have posted this in other threads, this just isn?t GN?R,  is axl?s proyect, he didn?t have to keep the name to succeed, he would have done it without the name, i think he should have called it something else.

goin to the NY shows?  What does your ticket say?

Guns N' Roses?

Thats what I thought. 

He can run fuckin' Hansen out there to back him up and he could still call it Guns N Roses. Don't make it Guns N' Roses!

Jeesh!
well its certianly not your band to be giving a name to.  Its Axl's.  He can do what he wants with it.  Your personal feelings on the issue in the end mean jack shit.  Its Guns N' Roses.
believeume
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #170 on: April 21, 2006, 06:36:17 PM »

Sheep
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #171 on: April 21, 2006, 06:39:03 PM »

Sheep

Its not being a sheep.  Its called accepting the way things are!  No amount of bitching or whining is going to change a goddamn thing.  The band is called Guns N' Roses, that is the name of the band.  Calling them anything else is simply inaccurate because they are Guns N' Roses.
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #172 on: April 21, 2006, 06:40:05 PM »

lol this thread has gone way off topic, but thats alright. ?are we all agreeing on this: we support ?axl, robin, fortus, tommy, and brain 100%.?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2006, 06:41:50 PM by GnR-NOW » Logged

Takemedown
Headliner

« Reply #173 on: April 21, 2006, 06:41:07 PM »

Guns N' Roses?

Thats what I thought.?

Jeesh!
well its certianly not your band to be giving a name to.? Its Axl's.? He can do what he wants with it.? Your personal feelings on the issue in the end mean jack shit.? Its Guns N' Roses.

Likewise i don't give a rat's ass what you think. It's guns n roses by name only. How can this even be debatable? They haven't even put out a new album! I can legally change my name to Elvis Presley, don't make me the king. Oy!
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #174 on: April 21, 2006, 06:42:56 PM »

Guns N' Roses?

Thats what I thought.?

Jeesh!
well its certianly not your band to be giving a name to.? Its Axl's.? He can do what he wants with it.? Your personal feelings on the issue in the end mean jack shit.? Its Guns N' Roses.

Likewise i don't give a rat's ass what you think. It's guns n roses by name only. How can this even be debatable? They haven't even put out a new album! I can legally change my name to Elvis Presley, don't make me the king. Oy!

we obviously care, bc if we didnt we wouldnt go crazy and have tried to get tix to these shows.  so if we support these guys, we have to support them and respect them as guns n roses

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #175 on: April 21, 2006, 06:43:42 PM »

lol this thread has gone way off topic, but thats alright.  are we all agreeing on this: we support  axl, robin, fortus, tommy, and brain 100%. 

and dizzy and chris  peace
uzisuicide2002
VIP

DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOU ARE!?!?!?!

« Reply #176 on: April 21, 2006, 06:45:45 PM »

i don't think its going to be slash with the law suit and what not. I think maybe Izzy or Gilby

GN'R Boston 02
GN'R NYC 06
GN'R Mass 06
GN'R NJ 11
VR Mass 05
GN'R Foxboro 16
GN'R Boston 17
VR Mass 07
Slash Boston 10
Steven Adler NYC 11
Slash Foxwoods 14
Slash Providence 15
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #177 on: April 21, 2006, 06:50:59 PM »

Gilby would be cool! awesome guy!

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #178 on: April 21, 2006, 06:52:06 PM »

It's an interesting topic. I think in most bands Axl would be a big enough front man to carry a bands name on his own, however I guess unfortunately for him the original GNR lineup included one of the most iconic guitarists in music history which means whenever the GNR name is mentioned people associate with it both Axl and Slash.

I have some friends who are not naive when it comes to music but when I mentioned the upcoming shows they all said 'Is it the old lineup?' It's what the public wants I'm afraid, the old tracks still have a massive amount of popularity, I have never yet been on a night out where SCOM has not got a cheer if it comes on. The fact is until this band can release an album under the GNR name the public will continue to think Axl/Slash when GNR is mentioned.

For me I will always follow Axls music whatever his band is called it would not really matter to me, just as I have followed Slash and Duff in VR. Between them these guys were IMO the greatest band in the world and for me always will be, and I will continue to support their current projects. I would take a reunion over anything they could do individually but until/if that happens I'll buy CD and the next VR album.

Is just Axl GNR? Not for me no but whilst he makes music I'll continue to buy it whatever the name just like the rest of you ?peace

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
Takemedown
Headliner

« Reply #179 on: April 21, 2006, 06:54:16 PM »

Guns N' Roses?

Thats what I thought.?

Jeesh!

we obviously care, bc if we didnt we wouldnt go crazy and have tried to get tix to these shows.? so if we support these guys, we have to support them and respect them as guns n roses

Guys, it's obvious we support him. Damn, Axl's the best frontman i ever saw! I can't wait for the shows. But i have my opinion on "the band's name"... some agree, some don't. Small potatoes in the grand scheme of things. All that matters is Axl's back!

beer

cheers,
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: