Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 09:54:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227937 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The GN'R "Greatest Hits" thread!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The GN'R "Greatest Hits" thread!  (Read 67280 times)
Billo
VIP

"soon" is the word....SOON :)

« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2004, 01:11:54 AM »

OK.....all these ramblings about this new Ghits so i may as well join in... Grin
I think that they should have released this type if greatest hits with STUDIO versions of the songs rather than Live ERA.....and Years ago...
LIVE ERA was cool with the good cover and booklet, new videos and stuff but i never EVER saw them on Tv in Australia...maybe one once...those 2 clips should have been on the WTTvids DVD but thats another issue..
Live Era ....well ive only listened to the whole thing a few times.....A Greatest hits i would buy in a second and play it alot....But the timing is BAD for CD....

If u love guns the wait it allmost over..HEHE
war1981
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2004, 02:23:39 AM »

just because axl owns the GUNs N ROSES name does not mean slash duff matt and izzy do not make money on sales of the greatest hits, nor does this mean they will not benefit from the name GNR being out there.  Just remeber every time you hear the name Velvet Revolver the name former Guns n roses members comes up.  The two will always be attatched.  Axl and ( slash Duff and matt) might not be friends any more or have any plans of playing together any time soon or even ever but I am sure after 8 years they could atleast have their managers speak and dicuss releasing a GH album to help both of their up and coming albums.  remember slash and co. have really done much in the past eight years worth talking about either.  I think the fight between them is not nearly as serious as people think, ego's and different musical direction broke the band up just as hundreds of other bands have.  Axl might have done alot to to have any chance of a reunion, but I am sure the two sides had some say in the release.      
Breakdown
Opening Act

Fat People Are Harder To Kidnap......

« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2004, 11:39:06 AM »

Everyone is freaking out about the greatest hits delaying CD.....well, back in 1994 Bon Jovi released a greatest hits package called Crossroads...well a few months later they released a new cd called These Days...so Guns n Roses releasing a greatest hits cd does not mean that Chinese Democracy will not be released BUT::::::

I remember back in 1999 when the album was going to be titled 2000 Intentions....which was Axl's way of saying he had every "intention" of releasing the cd but probably was not going to. Then he changed the name to Chinese Democracy..which we know that there is no Democracy...so that is Axl's way of saying that there is no CD. So...that brings us back to the present. It looks as though Axl has pulled a fast one on all of us...teased us for years with anticipation of a new cd...when in all actuality...we get Greatest Hits.

Argue with me if you would like to...but this is the most sensible explanation that anyone on this board has come up with. There is no album....there never will be....let us just enjoy the joke Axl has played on his hundreds of adoring fans on these boards, and let's enjoy Greatest Hits. The wait was worth it!!!!
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2004, 11:42:05 AM »

if that is axl's way to say "we dont get new material" then why a new band? why new songs? why thour? why? to promote the Greatest Hits album?  hihi

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
Andrew
Ewok
VIP

Art Student

« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2004, 11:50:50 AM »

...but this is the most sensible explanation that anyone on this board has come up with

Bullshit
loretian
« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2004, 11:59:36 AM »

So... all these well respected musicians, and in some cases, well known, such as the bandmembers, Brian May, Moby, etc just decided to play along and claim they heard really good material to help Axl sell more copies of his Greatest Hits album.  Right....  very sensible.  Wink
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #46 on: February 16, 2004, 12:23:36 PM »

Everyone is freaking out about the greatest hits delaying CD.....well, back in 1994 Bon Jovi released a greatest hits package called Crossroads...well a few months later they released a new cd called These Days...so Guns n Roses releasing a greatest hits cd does not mean that Chinese Democracy will not be released BUT::::::

I remember back in 1999 when the album was going to be titled 2000 Intentions....which was Axl's way of saying he had every "intention" of releasing the cd but probably was not going to. Then he changed the name to Chinese Democracy..which we know that there is no Democracy...so that is Axl's way of saying that there is no CD. So...that brings us back to the present. It looks as though Axl has pulled a fast one on all of us...teased us for years with anticipation of a new cd...when in all actuality...we get Greatest Hits.

Argue with me if you would like to...but this is the most sensible explanation that anyone on this board has come up with. There is no album....there never will be....let us just enjoy the joke Axl has played on his hundreds of adoring fans on these boards, and let's enjoy Greatest Hits. The wait was worth it!!!!

This maybe the dumbest thing I've ever read on these boards...

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
Breakdown
Opening Act

« Reply #47 on: February 16, 2004, 12:34:15 PM »

Wow...you guys are harsh...yet you guys can not supply one ounce of "official proof" that Chinese Democracy exists...except for people who have heard "recordings" of new songs that very well could be just good ol jam session Axl has with hired musicians for himself to enjoy. Oh, and countless promises by Dizzy......other than that there is no proof...no cover art...no release schedule...no "physical proof"...just hear-say......Some of you guys need a reality check.
anythinggoes
« Reply #48 on: February 16, 2004, 12:40:28 PM »

jesus go back and smoke some more of what youve been smoking ive read some shit on this board but this tops them all even the fake rumors make more sense then what youve just wrote  rant rant Huh Roll Eyes
Breakdown
Opening Act

« Reply #49 on: February 16, 2004, 12:49:31 PM »

I guess the brutal truth and reality is hard for some of you guys to comprehend. I guess Im writing to a bunch of dolts. I apologize to those who have a warped sense of reality when it comes down to Axl and his so-called Chinese Democracy.Maybe this will make more sense.....

There will be no song from GnR on the Spiderman 2 soundtrack
There will be no song on Kill Bill Vol 2 soundtrack
There will be no European tour this year
There will be no Chinese Democracy this year or any other year

There will be a Greatest Hits album due in March

That should clear it up for you guys.
gabble
Rocker

I-E-A-I-A-I-O

« Reply #50 on: February 16, 2004, 12:52:10 PM »

Wasn't 2000 Intentions made up by a fan for the express purpose of seeing how far a rumor would go?
Buritoking
I Voted for a Third Party Candidate
Rocker

- It's Good To Be The King -

« Reply #51 on: February 16, 2004, 12:52:53 PM »

Wow...you guys are harsh...yet you guys can not supply one ounce of "official proof" that Chinese Democracy exists...except for people who have heard "recordings" of new songs that very well could be just good ol jam session Axl has with hired musicians for himself to enjoy. Oh, and countless promises by Dizzy......other than that there is no proof...no cover art...no release schedule...no "physical proof"...just hear-say......Some of you guys need a reality check.

I'm sorry and where did you prove to us there is no album? Listen up Adler, go back to you crappy cover band, and stop spamming these boards. No one likes you or your cock sucking ways! You where good enough for one album back in the day, now stop trying to kill our dreams! rofl
« Last Edit: February 16, 2004, 12:54:01 PM by Buritoking » Logged
Funeral
Rocker

Welcome to the neighborhood

« Reply #52 on: February 16, 2004, 12:54:13 PM »

I guess the brutal truth and reality is hard for some of you guys to comprehend. I guess Im writing to a bunch of dolts. I apologize to those who have a warped sense of reality when it comes down to Axl and his so-called Chinese Democracy.Maybe this will make more sense.....

I hope your wrong!  But I like your style.

-F
Breakdown
Opening Act

« Reply #53 on: February 16, 2004, 12:54:35 PM »

No, 2000 Intentions was named by Axl himself in the Rolling Stone interview held in 1999....5 years ago..right around the time the classic "Oh My God" was released.
Breakdown
Opening Act

« Reply #54 on: February 16, 2004, 12:56:46 PM »

I do have proof there is no album...go to your local record store, and check under the Guns n Roses section...there is a good chance that there is no Chinese Democracy there.

Oh, and calling me Adler is a good one, it really is...but in all actuality, Adler has been more productive than Axl has this past year. Suck on that....biznatch.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2004, 01:00:06 PM by Breakdown » Logged
//JK75
VIP

It's been a long time for me

« Reply #55 on: February 16, 2004, 01:11:39 PM »

there's a lot of people with nothing to do...  rant

//JK
Lesty
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #56 on: February 16, 2004, 01:15:19 PM »

You call your explaination sensible?
That's ridiculous. I don't know where all your pent up anger comes from, but you should try and relax.. There's so many ways to dispute your theory I don't even know where to begin, and I won't even try. You think Axl is playing a joke on everyone? What for? You think Tommy Stinson and the rest of the guys have been on Axl's payroll for the past 2-4 years so he can fool people? You think he's had a recording studio booked on and off for nearly 5 years so he can record some jam sessions? Get a grip.  
Breakdown
Opening Act

« Reply #57 on: February 16, 2004, 01:22:22 PM »

Did I ever say I was angry? Im happy as a lark....so, I dont know how you came up with the fact that I was angry. And, correct me if I am wrong, but how do you know for sure that Tommy is on the payroll? Are you his accountant? Are you the one that hands out paychecks? And so what if Axl rents out studio time for himself to jam....there are actually quite a few musicians who do such a thing. So, until you or anyone else can come up with a valid explanation why ChDem has not been released, or why Axl hasnt peeped for over a year, then one is to assume that the album does not exist. Its simple, my dear.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2004, 01:23:05 PM by Breakdown » Logged
Smoke
Rocker

nobody ever told me baby,how it was going to be

« Reply #58 on: February 16, 2004, 01:35:38 PM »

first of all, who are to tell us about Guns N' Roses.  Are you their best friend or manager who is a Mr. know it all?  

Second of all, you don't know that GNR won't be on the soudtrack of Spiderman or Kill Bill.  Do you work for these movie studios or music companies?  No, I didn't think so.  

Third of all, you don't know if their will be a european tour or not.  Are you their tour manager?  No, your not.

Fourth of all, Chinese Democracy will be released and it will be released this year.  Are you an employee of Guns N' Roses?  I think you know the answer to that one

Fifth of all, GH looks like it will come out in March... wait, am I agreeing with you?   confused

Hopefully this will clear things up for you.   rant
loretian
« Reply #59 on: February 16, 2004, 01:38:52 PM »

Oh geeze....

So you believe the record company has been pumping money into a non-existent project all this time.  The new songs they premiered on the tour didn't exist either.  And all the musicians involved are just full of shit.

I don't know if Chinese Democracy will ever be released, but the material is there.  It just hasn't been released yet for one reason or another.

Assume what you will, I don't think you've convinced anyone of anything other than not to take you very seriously.  ok
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 22 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: