Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 03, 2024, 03:51:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227992 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  New York Hammerstein setlists - wishes/guesses
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New York Hammerstein setlists - wishes/guesses  (Read 16339 times)
shedkid
Opening Act

Here Today...

« on: April 25, 2006, 10:43:25 PM »

I realize that there are several setlist request threads but I am curious as to how Axl will approach this upcoming tour.  Guns N Roses (original lineup) were always known for mixing up the setlists every night.  I have read through many of the setlists from the Illusion Tours and was always impressed by their variation.  Axl truly mixed it up for the fans every night.  I was a little disappointed by the lack of song changes with the new lineup.  I realize that this is a new band who aren't going to learn the entire back catalogue but GN'R have a rabid fanbase that follows each and every show.  I think they could at least change around the order to keep things fresh.  Hopefully Axl will listen to some of the feedback on these boards for adding new songs. 

Besides the two Vegas shows in Dec 2001, the new lineup has not done a mulitple night stand at one venue (if I remember correctly).  I could see keeping the setlist the exact same for two nights, but does anyone really think it will be the exact same for all four shows at the Hammerstein?  Do you think Axl will change it up for the fans attending multiple nights?  I am going the last night so I will be avoiding the internet so I will still be surprised at the setlist if he doesn't change it night to night.  I think Axl will give us fans at least one rare track (ala Think About You) this tour that hasn't been played by this lineup.  Thoughts?   
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2006, 10:44:33 PM »

I hope theey switch up the setlist every other night.  I think it gets boring after a while with the same ones.
Lesty
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2006, 10:45:43 PM »

I think they're going to mix it up.
The fact that it's a small venue and a warm-up show for huge festivals in Europe gives them license to try out new material, dust off some old stuff, etc...
I would be surprised if each night was the same set.

PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2006, 10:47:46 PM »

nah they are gonna play some songs that should be played in every concert...like wttj, pc and scom... and then they will play some new songs...
just like they did with the uyi tour... they will do try outs..

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
welshrose
Banned
Rocker

Neil Young es Dios.

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2006, 10:47:55 PM »

When I saw the Black Crowes do their Hammerstein run last year. They played 7nights over 10days I believe.

They changed their setlist every single night, never opening with the same song, never closing with the same. Only a handful of carry overs.

I really hope Guns N' Roses do this too. Open a show with Jungle, open the next with Its So Easy, or throw a curveball and open with a new song...etc

It makes for a more enjoyable experience one that the band will enjoy and one that us die hard gnr fans will love.

Girl I am just a Vampire for your love

And I'm gonna suck ya!!
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2006, 11:15:48 PM »

When I saw the Black Crowes do their Hammerstein run last year. They played 7nights over 10days I believe.

They changed their setlist every single night, never opening with the same song, never closing with the same. Only a handful of carry overs.

I really hope Guns N' Roses do this too. Open a show with Jungle, open the next with Its So Easy, or throw a curveball and open with a new song...etc

It makes for a more enjoyable experience one that the band will enjoy and one that us die hard gnr fans will love.

Totally agree.  Makes everything so much more interesting and you get to hear some songs you might not have heard in a while. 
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2006, 11:31:41 PM »

If there's 20+ shows coming up, I'd rather not listen to 20+ bootlegs with the exact same songs in the exact same order.

This isn't a broadway show, it's a concert.
Steel_Angel
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2006, 11:32:55 PM »

i just hope they play most new songs  ok
crimson_joel
Headliner

Canada Loves GNR

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2006, 12:30:52 AM »

I highly doubt it will be the same, I don't think I've ever heard/seen a band who has played four nights in the same city and played the same set. They have to know alot of the people are attending more than one of the shows, especially with the way they sold the pre-sale tickets.

School's Out + GNR + Daily Show = Priceless.
dave_guns
Rocker

i am me

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2006, 12:33:53 AM »

GNR rarely changed their sets in the past, so I doubt they'll do it now.  it was pretty much the same yet for the 2+ years of the UYI tour, it was pretty much the same set for the 2002.  no reason to think any differently now.

would i like a different set every night?  sure, but it won't happen.

yes yes yes.  no no no.
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2006, 03:51:39 AM »

im keen on the mixed sets, but when i have a nasty set list (as in openers n' last songs) i wanna give the same experience   to the next crowd, but oh well, ya cant have everyone watchin' the same show!! Undecided

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2006, 04:40:56 AM »

they might change the old tunes around, but I think anything new might stay
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2006, 05:06:58 AM »

I think there will e a far fewer afd tunes this time , maybe smoe illusion tunes and perhaps if what was said is true, Id love for them to play tunes that may only be played for the moment that potentially will be slat3d for followup records, . NOw that would rock , not to shoot the wad at one shot, but keep people guessing, but at the same time give a release date for CD. And by doin so, letting the world know this isnt jstu gonna be a one shot deal.

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
TOPGUNner
Rocker

Gonna call the president...

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2006, 05:59:51 AM »

nah they are gonna play some songs that should be played in every concert...like wttj, pc and scom... and then they will play some new songs...
just like they did with the uyi tour... they will do try outs..

too....many....abbreviations... Cool

Of course they're gonna play Jungle every night, what would a GNR show be if they didn't. But to tell you the truth, I think each night is gonna be switched up a bit. I'm going to the 12th and 14th show thus far (still want to see the 17th) and I'd be a bit pissed if the set list was the same. I think we're gonna hear new music.

Hell, I'd even trade the old music for the new music. If I had a choice between listening to their usual live songs like Sweet Child or Paradise City...I'd trade those in for something off Chinese Democracy is a second.

Got a one way ticket on your last chance ride
Got a one way ticket to your suicide
JennaSide
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2006, 01:43:34 PM »

As everyone else has said, I also think it will be switched up  smoking

I'm the luckiest girl alive.
Origen
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2006, 01:50:19 PM »

The 2001/2 got SO boring after awhile.

They should do what the old band did during the Illusion tour during the 1991 leg and not have a setlist but have a picklist and just play what they feel like at the time.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2006, 01:57:11 PM by Origen » Logged
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2006, 02:12:48 PM »

I  think it will be pretty much the same but the order might change.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
jimb0
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2006, 03:14:19 PM »

I'll be upset if I don't get to hear a song that they only played on one night. But whatever. I'm sure it will all be good
Lesty
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2006, 03:25:39 PM »

GNR rarely changed their sets in the past, so I doubt they'll do it now.? it was pretty much the same yet for the 2+ years of the UYI tour, it was pretty much the same set for the 2002.? no reason to think any differently now.

would i like a different set every night?? sure, but it won't happen.

There's a  big difference between playing the same or similar sets on a 2 year world tour in arenas and stadiums, versus mixing it up when you play in a small venue. 
In arenas, bands have to sync up the lights, music, and it's far more coreographed.
This is a perfect chance to keep things loose, experiement with some new songs, etc...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2006, 03:34:00 PM »

and they know many are attending more than one show.
I think each date they'll do something different.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: