Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 06:15:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227942 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Possibility of Hammerstein as a DVD
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Possibility of Hammerstein as a DVD  (Read 5976 times)
Veon
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« on: May 14, 2006, 09:36:11 AM »

I think that we will have more insight if the Hammerstein run is intended to be released as a DVD.  If Axl is sporting the same outfit and the band are sporting the same outfits, I really think they are considering releasing a DVD.  In the past, Axl has always had numerous changes in clothes during a concert, but on Friday he stuck to one outfit.  A lot of times bands will record multiple shows over a course of time and wear similar outfits so they can mix and match performances for the DVD and not be pigeonholed into using film from only one night (use the best possible perfromance while maintaining visual consistancy for the DVD).  I was watching 'Under the Blackpool Lights' by the White Stripes last night and the thought occured to me.  Lemme know what ya'll think...
Jimmy?
You can't really dust for vomit
Legend

Don't you try to stop us now.......

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2006, 09:38:01 AM »

I think that we will have more insight if the Hammerstein run is intended to be released as a DVD.? If Axl is sporting the same outfit and the band are sporting the same outfits, I really think they are considering releasing a DVD.? In the past, Axl has always had numerous changes in clothes during a concert, but on Friday he stuck to one outfit.? A lot of times bands will record multiple shows over a course of time and wear similar outfits so they can mix and match performances for the DVD and not be pigeonholed into using film from only one night (use the best possible perfromance while maintaining visual consistancy for the DVD).? I was watching 'Under the Blackpool Lights' by the White Stripes last night and the thought occured to me.? Lemme know what ya'll think...

You know its possible but i just can't see it happening. Fingers crossed though  ok
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2006, 09:42:11 AM »

At least one thing makes me think they were collecting footage for a DVD.  A few times during the show, the camera men up at the stage panned the crowd and focused on some individuals (I think, I was not one of them lol)  Also, the photographer (Chin I think?  He was asian) took a few pics outside the Hammerstein before we could get in.  He almost fell and everyone said "Wwwhhoooooaaaa" hihi 

It looked to me like they were setting something up for a special about the first night at Hammerstein.

Oh, and there was a camera guy with an interviewer earlier in the day interviewing people in the line.  I think he was from 104.3 though....

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
Jimmy?
Legend

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2006, 09:43:45 AM »

At least one thing makes me think they were collecting footage for a DVD.? A few times during the show, the camera men up at the stage panned the crowd and focused on some individuals (I think, I was not one of them lol)? Also, the photographer (Chin I think?? He was asian) took a few pics outside the Hammerstein before we could get in.? He almost fell and everyone said "Wwwhhoooooaaaa" hihi?

It looked to me like they were setting something up for a special about the first night at Hammerstein.

Oh, and there was a camera guy with an interviewer earlier in the day interviewing people in the line.? I think he was from 104.3 though....

When the cameras were panning the crowd, did it show up on the big screen?
axlirs
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2006, 09:45:52 AM »

we can only hope. i wonder what happened to that vegas 01/01/01 DVD that was pulled back by management? Huh
gnr will always be one big mystery. smoking
IFINGLOVEGNR
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2006, 09:46:29 AM »

Those camera guys filmed so much of me, they loved my costume

I hope they air it on MTV (or atleast VH1 classic)

5/12/06
5/14/06
5/15/06
5/17/06
NJ-11/5/06
NYC-MSG 11/10/06
NYC-CBGB 2/11/10
NYC-RoseBar 2/14/10
NJ-11/17/11
CT-11/19/11
NJ-11/26/11
NYC-2/12/12
Vegas-11/14,17,18/2012
NYC-6/6/13
NYC-6/8
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2006, 09:49:29 AM »

At least one thing makes me think they were collecting footage for a DVD.? A few times during the show, the camera men up at the stage panned the crowd and focused on some individuals (I think, I was not one of them lol)? Also, the photographer (Chin I think?? He was asian) took a few pics outside the Hammerstein before we could get in.? He almost fell and everyone said "Wwwhhoooooaaaa" hihi?

Oh, and there was a camera guy with an interviewer earlier in the day interviewing people in the line.? I think he was from 104.3 though....

When the cameras were panning the crowd, did it show up on the big screen?

From what I remember it didn't. I was too busy screaming for them hihi? I belive the screens were dark at the time. I know it was between songs or before GNR came out.

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2006, 09:52:28 AM »

well there was a video camera right above the floor on mezz 1 ok
axlirs
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2006, 09:53:58 AM »

mike what is your first-hand impression of bumblefoot?
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2006, 10:00:56 AM »

we can only hope. i wonder what happened to that vegas 01/01/01 DVD that was pulled back by management? Huh
gnr will always be one big mystery. smoking
I ordered it twice, and never got it.
first time in 2001 from some japan site, and second time from france e-store, and both times they were canceled.
the 2nd time it seemed like it was actually going to happen, but I ended up with nothing.

the important thing is that the recording egzists, and one day we might get it.
the DVD was said to have a bandana as a bonus, and some stickers.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
darknemus
I lost my threads and all I got was this lousy title
Legend

A true fan - no, not that 'truefan' (where is he?)

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2006, 10:01:17 AM »

No, the camera guy taking shots of the crowd was NOT broadcasting it on the big screen.  In fact, he was taking crowd shots.. (with alot of slow pans, zooms, focuses on certain people) about 15 mins before Guns even took the stage.  He was even pointing to certain people and encouraging their antics.  The big screens didn't become active until the show starts.

(If anyone wonders how I know he was focusing / zooming.. well, I was standing about 20 feet away from him and he was very easy to see, action wise..also, I'm pretty sure it was an HD camera.. it was alot of freaking camera, I know that much)

-darknemus

It's not how you're thinking, or as you've imagined
To live in a shade of beliefs that were fashioned
to leave you in slavery and drain out your soul....
St_Jimmyuk
VIP

Im Right next door to hell...

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2006, 10:02:50 AM »

i just think they are generally just warm up shows nothing else intended by them, maybe the european tour will be turned into a dvd i see it more likely

- They call me Lenny...... But that's not my name, that's not my name.
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2006, 10:07:10 AM »

Or maybe they're filming footage for a music video... Who knows.

I don't know. I for one am just waiting for some sort of an official product from the band. But for now I'll settle for the shows...

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2006, 10:07:39 AM »

Since it was a very special venue, ofcourse they taped it? This show would make a very cool DVD. They could pick one show of the four nights... Who knows...?... Man. I';d kill for a good quality boot of this. Hearing from the 'crappy' boots sound quality wise... Axl sounds on top of the game! His voice must have been awesome. Great news.

dark, you going to tonight as well?

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
darknemus
I lost my threads and all I got was this lousy title
Legend

A true fan - no, not that 'truefan' (where is he?)

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2006, 10:10:36 AM »

dark, you going to tonight as well?

Yep, tonight & tomorrow.  I won't be at Wednesday's show, though.  Real life sucks and all that Smiley

-darknemus

It's not how you're thinking, or as you've imagined
To live in a shade of beliefs that were fashioned
to leave you in slavery and drain out your soul....
DMJ
Headliner

« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2006, 10:11:14 AM »

why get ur hopes up when u know theres not a chance no

Baron of the bench the panhandlin' master
Wando
Rocker

« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2006, 10:11:52 AM »

why get ur hopes up when u know theres not a chance no
Care to explain?
VIP

« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2006, 10:14:09 AM »

It seems like the Chinese democracy folder is going to contain pictures of crowd and audience going wild.
ashlar
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2006, 11:37:10 AM »

No, the camera guy taking shots of the crowd was NOT broadcasting it on the big screen.? In fact, he was taking crowd shots.. (with alot of slow pans, zooms, focuses on certain people) about 15 mins before Guns even took the stage.? He was even pointing to certain people and encouraging their antics.? The big screens didn't become active until the show starts.

(If anyone wonders how I know he was focusing / zooming.. well, I was standing about 20 feet away from him and he was very easy to see, action wise..also, I'm pretty sure it was an HD camera.. it was alot of freaking camera, I know that much)

-darknemus

yeah, dark is right. the guy was doing a fair bit of crowd shots and egging people on to get a reaction. It was around 15-20 minutes before guns came on. There was also a dude filiming like 5 minutes after I got into the venue (i was standing to the left of dark)
Jimmy?
Legend

« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2006, 11:40:05 AM »

No, the camera guy taking shots of the crowd was NOT broadcasting it on the big screen.? In fact, he was taking crowd shots.. (with alot of slow pans, zooms, focuses on certain people) about 15 mins before Guns even took the stage.? He was even pointing to certain people and encouraging their antics.? The big screens didn't become active until the show starts.

-darknemus

yeah, dark is right. the guy was doing a fair bit of crowd shots and egging people on to get a reaction. It was around 15-20 minutes before guns came on. There was also a dude filiming like 5 minutes after I got into the venue (i was standing to the left of dark)

Could well be for an upcoming music vid. Let's hope so.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: