Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 02:01:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  BUY Product
| | |-+  Roses of Velvet
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Roses of Velvet  (Read 75791 times)
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #140 on: October 25, 2007, 06:51:39 PM »

Sounds like fun...  Grin

"Everybody wants to rule the world..."

Maybe I'll start a new heretodaygonetohell with AdZ and some other mod...  rofl

nyd
« Reply #141 on: October 25, 2007, 08:08:05 PM »

This is my (probably biased) side of the story....

Rosesofvelvet.com went offline and was replaced by a japanese message board. There was no sign of it coming back to life after waiting a fortnight, and numerous attempts to contact Brody went unanswered.

I started talking to Jameslofton and DoubleTalkingJive and they wanted to see RosesofVelvet back online as soon as possible so I offered them server space, lent a hand with rebuilding the site from scratch etc. James bought rosesofvelvet.net and started inviting some of the old regulars over to visit the new board. The site was never advertised publicly, other than on the temporary rosesofvelvet site that james had setup during Brodys silence.

I then received an email from Brody threatening legal action for hosting rosesofvelvet.net because he claimed to have a trademark on the name (which took us a whole 2 minutes to prove was a lie rofl). Brody showed up on our new board and again started claiming he had trademarks. Fact is, not one of the members give a shit about what our site is called. Brody let them down so james/DTJ took the initiative to build a new place for the members who had been wanting answers about rov.com.

To avoid any hassle, like when Brody threatened to contact my webhost and have Izzys site pulled offline, we agreed to change the name. The banners with the name "rosesofvelvet" on were removed within 72 hours, again because Brody claimed copyright to the images, even though they were designed by dreamline (and possibly Elmir?)  hihi

Brody is in the process of relaunching rosesofvelvet.com ; a majority if not all of his staff have abandoned that site and are now here. The staff are thinking of a new name for the site hosted on my server, but the board is already active and had its first live chat with Bumblefoot last night Smiley

At the end of the day we're talking about a Guns N Roses message board for fans. Brody threatening lawsuits etc is a load of bullshit, and quite frankly it's pathetic. I'm too busy with real life- working my ass off, walking my dog and banging my girlfriend to deal with this shit  hihi

rofl It's like a fucking soap opera.
CSS
« Reply #142 on: October 25, 2007, 08:10:44 PM »

Well, that seems too fucked up enough for my liking... hihi
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #143 on: October 25, 2007, 08:20:24 PM »

At the end of the day we're talking about a Guns N Roses message board for fans.

As much as I don't like rov, that's simply bogus. Just because someone doesn't get their site back up right away, doesn't mean that other people who don't own the site can go and create a new place with the same name and site. That's Eric Romano sleazy, and not cool.

Brody
Headliner

« Reply #144 on: October 25, 2007, 08:43:22 PM »

This is my (probably biased) side of the story....

Rosesofvelvet.com went offline and was replaced by a japanese message board. There was no sign of it coming back to life after waiting a fortnight, and numerous attempts to contact Brody went unanswered.

I started talking to Jameslofton and DoubleTalkingJive and they wanted to see RosesofVelvet back online as soon as possible so I offered them server space, lent a hand with rebuilding the site from scratch etc. James bought rosesofvelvet.net and started inviting some of the old regulars over to visit the new board. The site was never advertised publicly, other than on the temporary rosesofvelvet site that james had setup during Brodys silence.

I then received an email from Brody threatening legal action for hosting rosesofvelvet.net because he claimed to have a trademark on the name (which took us a whole 2 minutes to prove was a lie rofl). Brody showed up on our new board and again started claiming he had trademarks. Fact is, not one of the members give a shit about what our site is called. Brody let them down so james/DTJ took the initiative to build a new place for the members who had been wanting answers about rov.com.

To avoid any hassle, like when Brody threatened to contact my webhost and have Izzys site pulled offline, we agreed to change the name. The banners with the name "rosesofvelvet" on were removed within 72 hours, again because Brody claimed copyright to the images, even though they were designed by dreamline (and possibly Elmir?)? hihi

Brody is in the process of relaunching rosesofvelvet.com ; a majority if not all of his staff have abandoned that site and are now here. The staff are thinking of a new name for the site hosted on my server, but the board is already active and had its first live chat with Bumblefoot last night Smiley

At the end of the day we're talking about a Guns N Roses message board for fans. Brody threatening lawsuits etc is a load of bullshit, and quite frankly it's pathetic. I'm too busy with real life- working my ass off, walking my dog and banging my girlfriend to deal with this shit? hihi

rofl It's like a fucking soap opera.

I have no problem with people starting they're own site but when you call yourself rov, and create your themes almost identical to rov's theme and you cant even come up with names for your sections.. thats lame and downright wrong.

At the end of the day we're talking about a Guns N Roses message board for fans.

As much as I don't like rov, that's simply bogus. Just because someone doesn't get their site back up right away, doesn't mean that other people who don't own the site can go and create a new place with the same name and site. That's Eric Romano sleazy, and not cool.

Your dead on!! dont let newguns go down for a minute cause soon as ya do im relaunching it!!! haha

thanks

Brody
Headliner

« Reply #145 on: October 25, 2007, 08:44:23 PM »

Sounds like fun...? Grin

"Everybody wants to rule the world..."

Maybe I'll start a new heretodaygonetohell with AdZ and some other mod...? rofl

hey make sure you keep it a secret from jarmo for a while! ps im in!!
nyd
« Reply #146 on: October 25, 2007, 09:03:55 PM »

As far as anyone knew rov.com (which DoubleTalkingJive was paying to have hosted) wasn't coming back online. Members wanted to know where there community had disappeared too so I helped DTJ/James rebuild it from scratch. We didn't publicly advertise the name RosesofVelvet as nobody knew what Brodys intentions were.

Instead of threatening us with bogus lawsuits he could have thanked DTJ/James for trying to save the site whilst it was offline for a month without explanation. I would have been happy to hand over all of the files to Brody to help him get ROV back off the ground if he'd lost his database etc and had to start again.

No-one had any intentions of stealing a name. All Brody had to do was give some kind of explanation about when the site would return, but he didn't. If he had we wouldnt have bothered building a new site  smoking
Brody
Headliner

« Reply #147 on: October 25, 2007, 09:09:05 PM »

As far as anyone knew rov.com (which DoubleTalkingJive was paying to have hosted) wasn't coming back online. Members wanted to know where there community had disappeared too so I helped DTJ/James rebuild it from scratch. We didn't publicly advertise the name RosesofVelvet as nobody knew what Brodys intentions were.

Instead of threatening us with bogus lawsuits he could have thanked DTJ/James for trying to save the site whilst it was offline for a month without explanation. I would have been happy to hand over all of the files to Brody to help him get ROV back off the ground if he'd lost his database etc and had to start again.

No-one had any intentions of stealing a name. All Brody had to do was give some kind of explanation about when the site would return, but he didn't. If he had we wouldnt have bothered building a new site? smoking

DTJ did not pay for the hosting that was a complete lie!!!!

I paid for the hosting she contributed but compared to the cost of the hosting it was very little!

http://www.theplanet.com/dedicated-servers/ready-to-go-servers.asp

that was our hosting cost $129

You have been lied to mate.  she paid 40 of that.. but only for 3 months she paid that so... im telling yaa she didnt pay for the hosting of the site.. I have OVER $800 dollars wrapped up into the hosting of the site for the past year and a half..

so dont gimme that

you been lied to mate.
nyd
« Reply #148 on: October 25, 2007, 09:28:25 PM »

I only got involved because I missed the discussions  rofl

I believe we've now dropped all references to the name 'rosesofvelvet'. We have 10 different designs available so we can easily afford to drop the theme based on ROV, but since Elmir designed the theme it will be staying online until he asks us remove it.

If I've been lied to about who paid for hosting then I guess I shouldn't be so easy to trust people. I liked ROV and was sorry to see it go offline. I helped DTJ/James get the site online because nobody could contact you and the community meant a lot to the members  Smiley

If I'd known all this shit would have come up I wouldn't have got involved.

Brody
Headliner

« Reply #149 on: October 25, 2007, 10:04:46 PM »

I only got involved because I missed the discussions? rofl

I believe we've now dropped all references to the name 'rosesofvelvet'. We have 10 different designs available so we can easily afford to drop the theme based on ROV, but since Elmir designed the theme it will be staying online until he asks us remove it.

If I've been lied to about who paid for hosting then I guess I shouldn't be so easy to trust people. I liked ROV and was sorry to see it go offline. I helped DTJ/James get the site online because nobody could contact you and the community meant a lot to the members? Smiley

If I'd known all this shit would have come up I wouldn't have got involved.

well yea mate you were lied to and thats as simple as it gets.. some people are notorious for those things..
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #150 on: October 25, 2007, 10:37:52 PM »

All I have to say is Brody ignored the site for nearly a year, he never got anything installed again when something went down, I can count on my one hand how many times he posted in a thread in admin and we posted many threads to his attention that went ignored and also on the main board he never posted.? Also he was going to sell the site to James when HE asked James to make an offer, James did but I guess it was too little cuz then he didn't want to sell it and wanted me to have it but I didn't want to buy ROV, I threw alot of myself into that place, then the site goes offline and Brody updates me with a one sentence IM when I responded to that IM, he never responded back to me, this has happened more then once.? ?Brody wasn't rushing to get the site back we went about month with nothing and then we see that Rosesofvelvet.com is chinese site, he didn't even join our Alt site to tell HIS members what was going on.

Bottom line is Brody had zero interest in ROV or it's members, His Admin abilities were non existent and now he has a vengence cause we abandoned him and went off on our own, when HE abandoned us.? I give him 5 months before he starts losing interest again and will fuck over his new staff as he fucked us over.

I didn't pay for all the hosting, I did contribute as well as James did too and we contributed to an expensive hosting company and we STILL continued to go offline. 

Brody, bring ROV back, all the best to you.?
« Last Edit: October 25, 2007, 11:00:02 PM by DoubleTalkingJive » Logged

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
elmir
VIP

« Reply #151 on: October 26, 2007, 03:58:38 AM »

hah, my name got mentioned twice on one page....nice....i usually do autographs on tuesday afternoons....after 3 and before 5...

but seriously....ROV was a great community, with some really cool people on there....discussions were top notch, and when it comes to discussion forums, that's what you want as a fan....

if it comes back to the way it was before it went off....great....if it doesn't....it doesn't....

it was a cool place to hang out, and i hope that the mods from there can sort out their differences in the near future, for the good of those guys/fans who called it home.

aiit.

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #152 on: October 26, 2007, 06:34:44 AM »

Hm.. to be honest, without any sort of explanation from Brody what did you expect the other mods to do? they wanted to get the site back up ASAP

I for one am glad that DTJ and James put the site back up cause ROV was one of my favorite places to waste time online. It took like a 3 week period to get any info from Brody so what were people supposed to expect?

I'm not bashing Brody at all, just saying that when your favorite (perhaps close to favorite..) forum goes down most people expect it to be back up asap and don't wanna wait too long for an explanation. Luckily James and DTJ happened to be considerate enough to do so.

That said I will check out Brody's new ROV, compare it to the alternative site, and choose from there. Can't be on 3 different forums at once! Lol.

But honestly, why not try some reconciliation? I know you guys must be mad at each other, maybe even starting to hold grudges, but I for one would really like to see the old ROV team back together. Forget this two site BS. It's only gonna split the community. If a reconciliation can be reached I'm all for it. Surely you guys can be level headed about it. Do it for the community! Drop your pride! Lol.  peace. ROV4LIFE

-jack

gnrevolution.com
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #153 on: October 26, 2007, 07:16:50 AM »

.net is where it's at, I honeslty don't give a shit about brody's new site. The guys been disrespecting posters left and right for as long as I can remember.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #154 on: October 26, 2007, 09:01:33 AM »

at least we finally got you to speak brody.  If we woulda known we may have tried this sooner hihi peace

anyway, yeah brody may have our old threads, site name and stuff, but the staff that made RoV happen has relocated....and like i said soon we'll have a new name then i'll get rid of RoV in the title of this thread then Brody can move forward as we wishes with his trademarked site name....its too bad it came to this but C'est La Vie. as for airing out your money troubles and what not....what did that prove? the site was a fucking disaster for months, we didnt even have smilies!  Huh does the average poster care about hosting costs? no, they wanna talk about the band they love

anyway I'm done, come check out our new place....help us get to the level we were at before

http://chopaway.com/rov2/forum.php

Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #155 on: October 26, 2007, 10:08:56 AM »

Oh the drama...

People might be accusing us for lots of shit, but when it comes to sticking up for eachother they can't say a damn word... And I'm proud of the few friendships I've made through this site, even though they live on the other side of the world and I might not be seeing them as often as I'd like to...

I've been here for 6 looong years I believe and honestly, if htgth went down for a month or two, the only reason I'd try to keep the name is just so that noone else would take it (an asshole or someone who would use it to make money) until Jarmo could come back and work with the site. Hopefully that will never happen.

I believe that's what a friend should and would do.

If you didn't like the way Brody worked, you should have resigned and start an entirely new effort, not buy rosesofvelvet.net and try to "steal" its members...

Cause like it or not, that's exactly what you did. You might try to make it look like something else, but that's what you did.

And just to make myself clear, I'm not talking about downliner, he just tried to help.

But that's just me...

"Everybody wants to rule the world"

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #156 on: October 26, 2007, 10:34:14 AM »

we never wanted to quit....he bailed on us....hell it was even proposed buying the domain name off of him becuase he wasnt interested in running the site anymore at least in appearances....and a fairly large sum was offered for it...as for stealing "his" members, well at least Jarmo is around to help keep HTGTH running smoothly thats all I'll say this site is Jarmo's he puts everything into it and has been active since day one. and if he left i'm sure he'd let everyone know a time frame as to when things would be back....RoV disappeared....gone no word for over a month....

but as far as who "built" RoV...ask the members if it was admin or the rest of the staff of the site, you only know what you see on here...and someone is playing the sympathy card

Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #157 on: October 26, 2007, 11:14:29 AM »

we never wanted to quit....he bailed on us....hell it was even proposed buying the domain name off of him becuase he wasnt interested in running the site anymore at least in appearances....and a fairly large sum was offered for it...as for stealing "his" members, well at least Jarmo is around to help keep HTGTH running smoothly thats all I'll say this site is Jarmo's he puts everything into it and has been active since day one. and if he left i'm sure he'd let everyone know a time frame as to when things would be back....RoV disappeared....gone no word for over a month....

but as far as who "built" RoV...ask the members if it was admin or the rest of the staff of the site, you only know what you see on here...and someone is playing the sympathy card

It's not about anyone playing the sympathy card.

I don't know anyone from ROV, just some usernames...

You might be the coolest guys in the world, you might the biggest assholes. I wouldn't know.

It's just that since he didn't give a damn, and he didn't want to sell the site on the first place, you should make an announcement and start a new forum.

Not buy rosesofvelvet.NET...

That's what I don't agree with.

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #158 on: October 26, 2007, 11:33:24 AM »

well...we're in the process of changing names....yes it prolly wasnt the most tactful decision that has been made in this mess but we were trying to get things back online and we didnt exactly think things through....and like i said Brody was MIA and his interest had been dwindling....we just didnt know, once Brody made clear he wanted to bring back RoV we removed the references to RoV off our site...from what i understand he wanted it to sell it to us but wanted as much as he put into it over the last year...$800 or something for a domain name that doesnt generate any revenue....i mean gimme a break  Roll Eyes anyway more dirty laundry yes i know..

the fact of the matter is that the staff that made RoV successful has a new site with an new host, downliner, and we are bringing back all that everyone loved about RoV.

http://chopaway.com/rov2/forum.php

and yes we are a bunch of assholes  Tongue but we can be a bit cool too, but the coolest in the world? that might be taking it a bit far hihi

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #159 on: October 26, 2007, 11:38:37 AM »

then after the offer was made....a week or 2 later...the site went offline and became a japanese forum of some kind ...we were like WTF? i guess brody is gone...thats when james purchased rosesofvelvet.net

like i said maybe we shoulda waited, but nobody could get a hold of brody and he wasnt responding to any forms of communication that we had to him

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: