Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 07:48:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  bumblefoot - yes or no?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: bumblefoot - yes or no?  (Read 34796 times)
axlirs
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« on: May 13, 2006, 12:16:09 PM »

so now it's official after last night spectacular show, bumblefoot is the new guitar player of guns n' roses. what do you think of him? is he the right man to fill buckethead's shoes, and how do you think he will develop in the band?
WhosGilby?
Rocker

Now we all know better!

« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2006, 12:19:20 PM »

Fuck Yes

So bitersweet this tragedy Won't ask for absolution
This melody, inside of me Still searches for solution
axlirs
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2006, 12:22:48 PM »

i agree, i believe this is the right guy to fill bh's spot and help take guns to that next level smoking
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2006, 12:23:43 PM »

Give the man time. ?He's never had this much responsibility as well as publicity before. ?After a few shows (and a stylist Grin) i'm sure he will be fine. ?He seems to have alot of the shred factor as well as bluesy factor and meshes the 2 styles together well.

axlirs
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2006, 12:26:20 PM »

yeah i think the band definately needs both, both bluesy playing and shredding, and i think bumblefoot will prove himself in guns. beer
i'm still trying to get used to the idea that we in fact have a new guitar player, especially one with the name bumblefoot Grin
Back Off Bitch
VIP

Fritz Lang

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2006, 12:27:07 PM »

Yeah, he's great! He plays as well as a motherfucker & fits in with the band well! Not a freak like Buckethead...

12.10.91 Madison Square Garden
05.12.06 Hammerstein Ballroom
05.14.06 Hammerstein Ballroom
11.10.06 Madison Square Garden
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2006, 12:29:09 PM »

Just from the lo end bootlegs Ive heard of last night's show, bumblefoot is a better fit for GNR than bucket. his style and lack of any gimmick ( kfc bucket & mask) as well as his playing style hints he is not as neurotic and more of a team player musically.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2006, 12:29:29 PM »

Although I dont know much about this guy. He seems to be the man to fill Buckethead's shoes. He seems to dig GN'R's music as well I think thats what Axl needs to. I think Bumblefoot will settle well within the band he has a lot of pressure on him hes got some really big gigs coming up so I think the guy is cool myself. But I really do need to hear a better quality version of the show last night but I guess we will have to wait a little while for a good quality recording of the band live! Before I can make up my mind!

EEEERRRR Little boy
BabyGorilla
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2006, 12:30:32 PM »

Give the guy some time to assimilate into the band. I'm sure he has never been thrown into the position of being the 3rd guitarist in what will be one of the biggest bands in the world. Also, speaking as a guitarist, its hard get a grove by jumping in mid-song and start playing. You need to get into a groove and judging by the reviews, Robin and Richard too the majority of guitar parts leaving Ron to do filler. He needs to get into his grove and when he does he will kick ass.
Shiryu
Headliner

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2006, 12:30:38 PM »

just imagine Baz saying "YEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!" beer

Shiryu.

*We train young men to drop fire on people. But their commanders won't allow them to write "fuck" on their airplanes because it's obscene!*
axlirs
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2006, 12:31:45 PM »

robin richard and ron Grin
are there bootlegs out?
where? Shocked
Origen
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2006, 12:33:04 PM »

I would of preferred to just have Richard & Robin Dualing all the stuff.
shaun
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2006, 12:37:13 PM »

so now it's official after last night spectacular show, bumblefoot is the new guitar player of guns n' roses. what do you think of him? is he the right man to fill buckethead's shoes, and how do you think he will develop in the band?

Bumblefoot seems like a good choice to replace Buckethead. Buckethead is stuck in Bucketheads world. Weather or not GnR needs a shredder is a different question  Grin
badapple81
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2006, 12:41:29 PM »

As long as he can play the shit thats all that matters
BKinNYC
Rocker

Worrying's a waste of my time.

« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2006, 12:42:26 PM »

Bumblefoot seems like a good choice to replace Buckethead. Buckethead is stuck in Bucketheads world. Weather or not GnR needs a shredder is a different question? Grin

As long as they don't give him any more solos, he's ok. ?His look is alright. ?Much better than Breakdancing Bucket. ? Roll Eyes
Jonathan
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2006, 12:42:54 PM »

Bumblefoot? Hell yes.
Axl8302
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2006, 12:48:48 PM »

fuck yeah!! After hering bucketheads stuff i hoped we would get another shredder in the band, bucket was good and he's certainly not an easy many to replace but from what i've heard bumble could be just as good or better. I'm glad it's noy just fink and fortus i like them having that extra cannon on stage.

If love is blind i guess i'l buy myself a cane..
KOK
Headliner

« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2006, 12:54:52 PM »

He should loose that foot shape guitar! Otherwise he is cool
AxlFink
VIP

thelesserkings.com

« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2006, 12:55:49 PM »

he sounded like complete shit last night.  worst guitar sound ive ever heard.  His solos in between songs have to go.... never heard a more unstructered mess and he kept tripping all over himself.  Such a pointless waste of time.  Dizzy did a better solo.  He sounded fine during the songs.  actually... just get the gut to fuckin not play solos between songs until he gets a better live sound.... and not use that little crappy guitar.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2006, 12:58:21 PM »

from what i can hear he sounds decent so far....any guitarists at the show that can rate the guy? I prefer to judge someone on playing ability rather than the shape of his guitars Tongue

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: