Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 14, 2024, 05:33:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228037 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN'R playing with The Rolling Stones in Germany in July
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R playing with The Rolling Stones in Germany in July  (Read 21826 times)
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #160 on: May 10, 2006, 09:09:45 AM »

The latest rumors ... which are of course denied by the Stones camp ... is that Keith has needed several operations and that he has suffered brain damage. ?Cry

Fuck the tour ... just be well Keith!!!

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #161 on: May 10, 2006, 01:57:43 PM »

from rollingstones.com...

"They are known as one of the most controversial and popular American Rock Bands of all times. They have sold over 85 million albums. They are the only act to hold the top two album spots in both the UK and US on the week of releasing both records with Use Your Illusion I and Use Your Illusion II. Their album, "Appetite for Destruction" holds titles for the Greatest Guitar Album Ever (Total Guitar, June 2003), Greatest Metal Album (Spin, July 2003), #1 Essential Hard Rock Album (Kerrang! March 2004), and their rock-anthem November Rain holds the #1 spot on Dutch Veronica radio for the number 1 song (December 2004). They are Guns N' Roses and they will be appearing at 2 shows only as part of The Rolling Stones A Bigger Bang tour this summer."

Does Mick know it's just Axl...?  nervous

If not they are in for a surprise...
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #162 on: May 10, 2006, 02:02:41 PM »

no....   mick doesn`t know who`s going to play with them Roll Eyes

pretty useless thread ok

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
pollyblue
Rocker

t.w.a.t.

« Reply #163 on: May 10, 2006, 02:03:54 PM »

i'm really getting sick of some of the topics on this board. fucking useless!
TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #164 on: May 10, 2006, 02:04:29 PM »

Jagger's a control freak, of course he knows. He probably even knows who the mystery guitar player is.

Now doesn't that make you feel better?
The pigs have won tonight
Now they can all sleep soundly
And everything is all right
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #165 on: May 10, 2006, 02:27:24 PM »

Ditto to all the post here save the opening one.

Surely they must know it's not just Axl.
badapple81
« Reply #166 on: May 24, 2006, 09:00:16 AM »

Stones' European tour put back

Wednesday May 24 16:28 AEST

The European leg of the Rolling Stones' world tour has been put back by two to three weeks because of guitarist Keith Richard's brain operation, the band's spokesman in London said.

Bernard Doherty, of LD Publicity, said the tour had been put back "by two to three weeks" but refused to confirm reports that the band's two Paris concerts, scheduled for June 3 and July 2, had been postponed indefinitely.

"The Rolling Stones will announce their European tour in the next few days. That's all I'm prepared to say," he said.

"We said when Keith Richards hit his head that the tour would be set back by two to three weeks, but the actual dates and when it starts I can't say."

The European leg of the Stones' "A Bigger Bang" tour had been due to start on May 27 in Barcelona, but has been the subject of speculation following Richards' fall from a palm tree on the South Pacific Ocean island of Fiji.

Richards, 62, was hospitalised in New Zealand with a brain haemhorrage and had to undergo an operation to drain blood from his brain.

He has now left hospital and is in the United States, according to a statement released on his behalf on Monday.

"He is feeling great, happy to be home and looking forward to getting back on the road with the Rolling Stones next month," tour promoter Michael Cohl said.

www.ninemsn.com.au
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #167 on: May 24, 2006, 09:05:13 AM »

i don`t think this has any effect on the german dates....

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #168 on: May 24, 2006, 04:05:19 PM »

E is reporting the dates with GNR will not be affected:

http://www.eonline.com/News/Items/0,1,19106,00.html

New dates for those cities will likely be revealed in the coming days. Nuremburg, Germany, the first city not to have its Stones outing disturbed by the postponement, is now shaping up to be the likely site of the tour launch on July 10. Should that date hold, the new itinerary won't affect the Stones' highly-anticipated reunion with Guns N' Roses, who are set to open Nuremburg and their July 12 stop in Leipzig.
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #169 on: May 24, 2006, 04:30:17 PM »

the Stones won't be able to play so GnR will have to play a 4 or 5hr set hihi
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #170 on: May 24, 2006, 04:44:04 PM »

GN'R are playing the 10th (seems to be RS first tour date..), so essentially they will kick-off the whole tour! Great!  ok

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
parisrocks
« Reply #171 on: May 25, 2006, 09:27:50 AM »

So far the stones have cancelled 15 European dates all the way up to July 5th.

Keith needs time to recover from the surgery he had to releive the pressure from mild brain swelling.

the list of cancelled dates began as 8 shows and has now climbed to 15, chomping at the GN'R shows heels.
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #172 on: May 25, 2006, 09:32:12 AM »

who cares about Keith Richards, GN'R can sell out the shows anyway hihi

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: