Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 07, 2024, 07:47:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228015 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  What the hell has happened to I.R.S.?!
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: What the hell has happened to I.R.S.?!  (Read 5221 times)
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2006, 09:50:31 AM »

Soundboard recordings suck dick... just look at the 2002 bootlegs for proof... the 2001 audience recording from vegas sounds better than any soundboard recording from the 02 tour...thats why the rio from today sucks... its a soundboard.

i don`t agree with you. listen to chicago 92 or tokyo 88. two of the best gnr bootlegs around. and soundboard.....

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
monkeychow
VIP

How's that for provocation?

« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2006, 12:33:46 PM »

As everyone else has said I think its just the mix from the show had the keys up way too loud and drowned out half the guitar parts on that song. Other than the addition of keys - i feels its not a good enough recording (mix wise) to get a feel for if the song has changed much from the demo....

I gotta say - I love the demo version of IRS so much at the moment - i'm really hooked on it - i can't wait for the studio - I just hope it makes the CD cut or whatever ( i get nervous for it when axl talks sometimes about how theres like a whole load of songs in development and 13 on the cd. I'd be sad if it got cut. ) - but i think all the playing of it live recently makes it more likely its going to be there come release time.

Anyway - IRS rocks - bad mix last night - roll out CD I say  beer

HungerForChaos
Rocker

Not Here Yesterday...

« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2006, 12:41:55 PM »

That's problem all these "new" hardcore fans are like 17 year old and now only GNR through this new band, they were never around for the olf band, the only now th magic of the old band through CD/DVD...that is why they become so defensive when you say anything.

I am glad you're into GNR the new band rocks,   but,  it's not as GREAT as the old. just my honest opinon
with that said  I hate Velevet Revolver too

Well no one cares about your opinion of which band is better. Stop your bullshit.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2006, 12:43:57 PM »

I dig the Rio version but Pitman was way to loud on most of the songs, I dont know if it was the webcast or the sound man that fucked up.
Th e new live IRS seems to be more agressive, which I like peace

It was the webcast. It did not sound anything like that in NYC.

I like the live version much better then the leaks. It actually seemed slowed down just a tad which made the song work great.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2006, 12:45:18 PM »

That's problem all these "new" hardcore fans are like 17 year old and now only GNR through this new band, they were never around for the olf band, the only now th magic of the old band through CD/DVD...that is why they become so defensive when you say anything.

False. I've been there since the begining. At the concert in NYC the people on both sides of me had been too (my age.)
bumblerocks
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2006, 12:51:00 PM »

IRS and better both rocked last night! ok
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2006, 11:35:08 PM »

After hearing Guns perform the song live at Hammerstein and then watching it from Rock in Rio last night, I got to say, I.R.S. has turned into a mess. I love the demo and I think it's an excellent rock and roll song, but his new version of the tune is just a clusterfuck of 10 instruments and medley's. It doesn't even sound like music at some points.

Furthermore, it seems like Axl has a hard time keeping up with the song because it's unclear as to where he's supposed to come in with a verse at certain points due to the fact there's too much happening all at once.

Someone needs to tell Mr. Rose that not every song needs an orchestral backing and that a stripped down rock and roll song is OK to have. Every song doesn't need to be an epic masterpiece, especially I.R.S. What was once a good solid rock tune is now a mad genius's failed experiment.

I agree, the song did not work for me and my impression is that this  is studio song but not a concert song.
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2006, 11:53:28 PM »

IRS was one of the highlights at the 5/15 show to me, Axl sounded great
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: