Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 07:34:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227942 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  What the hell has happened to I.R.S.?!
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: What the hell has happened to I.R.S.?!  (Read 5178 times)
TOPGUNner
Rocker

Gonna call the president...

« on: May 28, 2006, 06:32:53 AM »

After hearing Guns perform the song live at Hammerstein and then watching it from Rock in Rio last night, I got to say, I.R.S. has turned into a mess. I love the demo and I think it's an excellent rock and roll song, but his new version of the tune is just a clusterfuck of 10 instruments and medley's. It doesn't even sound like music at some points.

Furthermore, it seems like Axl has a hard time keeping up with the song because it's unclear as to where he's supposed to come in with a verse at certain points due to the fact there's too much happening all at once.

Someone needs to tell Mr. Rose that not every song needs an orchestral backing and that a stripped down rock and roll song is OK to have. Every song doesn't need to be an epic masterpiece, especially I.R.S. What was once a good solid rock tune is now a mad genius's failed experiment.

Got a one way ticket on your last chance ride
Got a one way ticket to your suicide
You Gonna Eat That?
Rocker

Mada-Gaz-car

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2006, 06:35:43 AM »

I really like the Rio version but I think Pittman's sound takes over a bit

I like the way it's sung

Dave Mustaine discusses the origins of the name of his band, Megadeath: "The band's name means the act of dying, but, like, really mega."
odd1
Banned
Rocker

The storm is getting CLOSER !!!

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2006, 06:40:01 AM »

I dig the Rio version but Pitman was way to loud on most of the songs, I dont know if it was the webcast or the sound man that fucked up.
Th e new live IRS seems to be more agressive, which I like peace
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2006, 06:42:10 AM »

The AOL Broadcast stands as proof that at least one time during the 2006 tour Chris Pittman's keyboards were plugged in.
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2006, 06:43:27 AM »

this song needs Buckethead rocking hihi as well as TWAT. the current leaks prove this, without Buckethead these two songs are poor no

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2006, 07:13:20 AM »

Damn it, how many times we need to say? It was the bad mix on broadcast, the sound was not supposed to be like that!

WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2006, 07:55:22 AM »

this song needs Buckethead rocking hihi as well as TWAT. the current leaks prove this, without Buckethead these two songs are poor no

those two songs are very early demos.....

on topic: i think IRS is the best song gnr has ever written. definitely my favourite. the rio version`s mix is just wrong... you can barely hear the solos and pittman`s keyboard is way too loud.

the hammerstein version is great imo. can`t wait for studio...

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
darkmonth
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2006, 08:01:05 AM »

on topic: i think IRS is the best song gnr has ever written. definitely my favourite. the rio version`s mix is just wrong... you can barely hear the solos and pittman`s keyboard is way too loud.

Sorry?  IRS is better than... Coma?  Nightrain?  Sweet Child O' Mine?  Paradise City?  Don't Damn Me?  Civil War?  Wtf?  No way....
WARose
Legend

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2006, 08:04:44 AM »

Sorry?  IRS is better than... Coma?  Nightrain?  Sweet Child O' Mine?  Paradise City?  Don't Damn Me?  Civil War?  Wtf?  No way....

did you notice the "i think" in my post?

seriously guys, i got into gnr because of the old guys, but this band is what makes me a hardcore fan ok

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
darkmonth
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2006, 08:08:17 AM »

Think before calling yourself a hardcore fan.  Did you follow them around the world?  Did you buy every single bit of merchandise they ever had?  From other countries etc too?

I LIKE some stuff about the new band ... primarily Axl Rose.  Everyone else in the band could go jump for all I care, except I have to admit, I like some of the new drum beats Brain was doing and Richard Fortus can jam with me any time Cheesy

I'll say this ... my two fave new members... by FAR....

Richard
Brain

They both bring something fresh and cool.  The others are pointless.
WARose
Legend

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2006, 08:23:32 AM »

Think before calling yourself a hardcore fan.  Did you follow them around the world?  Did you buy every single bit of merchandise they ever had?  From other countries etc too?

are you serious dude?Huh Shocked

this is probably the dumbest statement i`ve ever read, seriously.

i`m a 17 year old student, how the fuck am i supposed to follow gnr all over the world and buy all their merchandise?Huh hihi

being a hardcore fan isn`t about owning all the merchandise and having visited all their concerts anyways.... wtf??

i love this band and spend nearly every fuckin day on this board, looking for news, discussing unimportant matters and even watching shitty webcasts at the moment..... ok  i even went home early from a party yesterday to watch that crap hihi

i don?t care if you think i`m a gnr fan though...  that wasn`t my point.

i just wanted to explain, that i became a fan after getting to know the new band. before that, i was into nirvana and stuff like that. i always thought the old band were great and axl fascinated me for years, but the reason i`m a member of this board is gnr`s future, not the past...

i`m going to see them at rock am ring and in holland this summer by the way. that`s not quite the whole world, but i hope it`s enough for you for the moment hihi

Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2006, 08:24:47 AM »

yeah man, Brain is definately my fave new member.
but Im starting to quite like the others too now, Fortus is great and Im getting to like Fincks playing now. and he looks cool as shit these days too Grin
Stinson is always good smoking

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
makane
Legend

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2006, 08:28:48 AM »

Brain, Tommy and Richard are great together. It's a good rhytm section. Though I liked Brain and Buckethead even more, they had a past and playd well together.

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2006, 08:49:32 AM »

What the hell has happened to I.R.S.?!

What the hell happened to half of the songs?!

They say it was the stream.  Roll Eyes
Bostonrose
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2006, 08:52:32 AM »

on topic: i think IRS is the best song gnr has ever written.

Definately not the best, and not the best ever...

and why do people say the miss BH on TWAT or anything else,  do we even know for sure that he is actually on those,  I mean everyone thought Better was al BH and we find out it wasn't

"I never wanted you to be so full of anger, I never wanted you to be somebody else"
Bostonrose
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2006, 08:56:39 AM »

That's problem all these "new" hardcore fans are like 17 year old and now only GNR through this new band, they were never around for the olf band, the only now th magic of the old band through CD/DVD...that is why they become so defensive when you say anything.

I am glad you're into GNR the new band rocks,? ?but,? it's not as GREAT as the old. just my honest opinon
with that said? I hate Velevet Revolver too

"I never wanted you to be so full of anger, I never wanted you to be somebody else"
WARose
Legend

« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2006, 09:12:06 AM »

That's problem all these "new" hardcore fans are like 17 year old and now only GNR through this new band, they were never around for the olf band, the only now th magic of the old band through CD/DVD...that is why they become so defensive when you say anything.

I am glad you're into GNR the new band rocks,   but,  it's not as GREAT as the old. just my honest opinon
with that said  I hate Velevet Revolver too

i wouldn`t mind attending a live concert with the old band actually....  what i`m looking forward to is the CD though. and from the music i heard allready i can say i definitely like it better than the old stuff.

it`s not about having witnessed the old band with slash or not i think. it`s about listening to some albums and comparing them. most of you people here might prefer the old stuff, appetite etc.  of course i love those records, but i like the new stuff better..... that?s it...   it doesn`t matter if you`re 14 or 34, it`s a matter of taste actually....

and me getting defensive? someone just told me i`m less of a gnr fan, because i`m not following them around the world and didn`t buy all the merchandise available Undecided

kockstar999
Banned
Rocker

Ladies and Gentlemen, Mr Kevin Federline!!

« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2006, 09:16:41 AM »

Soundboard recordings suck dick... just look at the 2002 bootlegs for proof... the 2001 audience recording from vegas sounds better than any soundboard recording from the 02 tour...thats why the rio from today sucks... its a soundboard.
kockstar999
Banned
Rocker

Ladies and Gentlemen, Mr Kevin Federline!!

« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2006, 09:19:15 AM »

I am glad you're into GNR the new band rocks,? ?but,? it's not as GREAT as the old. just my honest opinon
with that said? I hate Velevet Revolver too

very true...  vr sucks dick.. i agree... and all the new fans think that coz they play the old songs they are the best ever... nothing beats the old band . but i dont want to hear them now. i want to hear the new band play thier own tunes... time to shit or get off the pot.. stop playing the same old songs
TWT
Rocker

GNR's next lead guitarist

« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2006, 09:35:38 AM »

IRS still sounds ok, they just seemed to mess it up badly in a couple of places, as they did with Patience. So much for playing 'warm up' shows.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: