Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 07:28:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228056 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Ron Thal's guitar
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ron Thal's guitar  (Read 25460 times)
Saul Isobel
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2006, 10:51:22 AM »

Oh look, it's the founder of the kiss-Ron-Thal's-ass club.

-When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser-? (Socrates)

Thank you for making it that obvious that you are struggling this much. I simply love it when people show that much weakness. Go ahead give us some more?

US? Personality disorder huh!? hihi Not slander, it's called sarcasm. And also the truth - your post history shows that you have a hard-on for Ron Thal. Hey, be my guest, i'll stick with Jimi, Jimmy, Angus, Zakk, Slash etc and you stick with Vai, BH, Thal and the Guitar Player Magazine widdly widdly gang.? rofl

Here's a quote for you laughing boy " A picture speaks a thousand words"...

--- PIECE  hihi
Slipdisc
VIP

~Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur~

« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2006, 11:03:14 AM »

Exactly, what's left for you to say. Thanks for validating everything I stated about you in my previous posts. I'm not used to people making it this easy for me, I must say. What are you going to do as an encore, fart? It sure would be the cherry on this masterpiece of literary impotence you have constructed in this thread.

I'm loving it.? rofl

-PEACE-

Ps.
if you think buckethead had any "emotion" in his playing your high.. he had a fukcing mask on... you cant see his face or the emotion hes trying to convey with his playing...

The difference between you and me, is that I have no note-bending-face-pulling definition of emotion in music. Buckethead's ability to channel emotion into his playing is second to almost none. If spend the better part of ten years listening to great amounts of instrumental music, I don't need such shallow visual stimuli to define whether there's emotion or not.

« Last Edit: May 29, 2006, 03:44:11 PM by Slipdisc » Logged

Saul Isobel
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2006, 11:07:42 AM »

Exactly, what's left for you to say. Thanks for validating everything I stated about you in my previous posts. I'm not used to people making it this easy for me, I must say. What are you going to do as an encore, fart? It sure would be the cherry on this masterpiece of literary impotence you have constructed in this thread.

-PEACE-

Yah, as i said, A picture speaks a THOUSAND words - Thanks for coming. NEXT!? hihi rofl

-----PIECE
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2006, 11:08:52 AM »

You two please stay on topic, take it to pm's if you can't.
bumblerocks
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2006, 11:09:57 AM »

I'm loving it.? rofl

-PEACE-

rofl rofl rofl

saul, tell me this, what makes you wanna stick with angus as opposed to buckethead? is it that buckethead is less known and more of a virtuoso? is that what's making you uncomfortable and unable to open your closed mind up for something new?
Saul Isobel
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2006, 11:21:31 AM »

I'm loving it.? rofl

-PEACE-

rofl rofl rofl

saul, tell me this, what makes you wanna stick with angus as opposed to buckethead? is it that buckethead is less known and more of a virtuoso? is that what's making you uncomfortable and unable to open your closed mind up for something new?

Dude - there are two types of players. The blues based rockers like Jimi Hendrix, Jimmy Page, Zakk Wylde, SLASH and Angus Young to name a few. These players are rock n roll legends for a reason and they don't rely on cheesy gimmicks like KFC buckets and cartoon guitars with lil flapping wings to make a name for themselves. Musically, while i acknowledge the ability of the likes of Vai, Buckethead and Bumblefoot these players are scientific, self indulgent soloists who leave me cold and bored with their bland "look how fast i can run up and down the fretboard" guitar wankery. Give me rock 'n' roll, groove and melody over "musical science" any day of the week. Understand where i'm coming from now?

Oh and on topic..... would you seriously play or want to see THIS over a Les Paul Custom?Huh...

Jonathan
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2006, 11:24:50 AM »

Oh look, it's the founder of the kiss-Ron-Thal's-ass club.

-When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser-? (Socrates)

Thank you for making it that obvious that you are struggling this much. I simply love it when people show that much weakness. Go ahead give us some more?

US? Personality disorder huh!? hihi Not slander, it's called sarcasm. And also the truth - your post history shows that you have a hard-on for Ron Thal. Hey, be my guest, i'll stick with Jimi, Jimmy, Angus, Zakk, Slash etc and you stick with Vai, BH, Thal and the Guitar Player Magazine widdly widdly gang.? rofl

Here's a quote for you laughing boy " A picture speaks a thousand words"...

--- PIECE? hihi

And yet again... You're being completley stupid and superficial.

I won't even argue anymore, because there is no need, I don't want to feed the troll. Have fun with your stupid insults about how people look.

Just tell me this... What is more pathetic, being completley superficial about how a person looks, or being completley "superficial" about a goddamn instrument? It's all image-based for you, and it probably always will.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2006, 11:29:00 AM by I have a good title » Logged
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2006, 11:31:26 AM »

Nobody cares what you think.... it is what it is.....  SHUT THE FUCK UP!

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
bumblerocks
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2006, 11:34:01 AM »

Dude - there are two types of players. The blues based rockers like Jimi Hendrix, Jimmy Page, Zakk Wylde, SLASH and Angus Young to name a few. These players are rock n roll legends for a reason and they don't rely on cheesy gimmicks like KFC buckets and cartoon guitars with lil flapping wings to make a name for themselves. Musically, while i acknowledge the ability of the likes of Vai, Buckethead and Bumblefoot these players are scientific, self indulgent soloists who leave me cold and bored with their bland "look how fast i can run up and down the fretboard" guitar wankery. Give me rock 'n' roll, groove and melody over "musical science" any day of the week. Understand where i'm coming from now?

but don't you think axl brought both buckethead and bumblefoot in the band for a reason? do you think axl wants to create some virtuoso band? axl makes rock music, but he is a visionary and he explores the frontiers, i think he has big plans for ron thal and equally i think ron thal is talented enough musically to have plans for guns n' roses as well, that's why he is there and that's why he will take us far with his playing, he is capable of so many different styles. and besides, do you honestly think two of the world's most respected underground virtuosos would join just any band for publicity? no, they are better than that, and gnr are better than that. they saw something they want in gnr, most likely because of all the talent in the band and the new material, and axl saw something he wants in them. that's how it is.
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2006, 11:35:57 AM »

Ron is a great guy, if your that unhappy with the guys guitar, we got it..enough said

Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2006, 11:38:30 AM »

but don't you think axl brought both buckethead and bumblefoot in the band for a reason? do you think axl wants to create some virtuoso band? axl makes rock music, but he is a visionary and he explores the frontiers, i think he has big plans for ron thal and equally i think ron thal is talented enough musically to have plans for guns n' roses as well, that's why he is there and that's why he will take us far with his playing, he is capable of so many different styles. and besides, do you honestly think two of the world's most respected underground virtuosos would join just any band for publicity? no, they are better than that, and gnr are better than that. they saw something they want in gnr, most likely because of all the talent in the band and the new material, and axl saw something he wants in them. that's how it is.

Well said  ok

Saul Isobel
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2006, 11:39:40 AM »

Dude wake up - Buckethead USED Axl for his own gain and then quit the band!!!! Who's to say Bumble won't do the same thing.

Another fact you may like to consider is why the fuck does it take TWO guitarists to do the job SLASH did on his own huh??... ?hihi
elevendayempire
Rocker

...Now I know you better...

« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2006, 11:42:40 AM »

-PEACE-

Yah, as i said, A picture speaks a THOUSAND words - Thanks for coming. NEXT!? hihi rofl

He has a sense of humour. You clearly don't. End of story.

SG

-----PIECE
bumblerocks
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2006, 11:44:44 AM »

Dude wake up - Buckethead USED Axl for his own gain and then quit the band!!!! Who's to say Bumble won't do the same thing.

Another fact you may like to consider is why the fuck does it take TWO guitarists to do the job SLASH did on his own huh??... ?hihi

ron is a great guy, i have emailed with him myself, and he would never do something like that, he's staying on the team for as long as they want him, to use his own words for me when i asked him about if he was permanent. anyway, you don't get it, axl dosn't want to duplicate slash's work, he has two lead guitar players to create a new dimension in the band, and believe me, it will work. you'll regret your words soon enough, trust me.
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2006, 11:47:49 AM »

I've got to feel sorry for you cause you have no idea what your talking about when it comes to Ron Thal. Buckethead is a headcase.............

AXL 20
Rocker

Marijuana For President

« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2006, 01:17:20 PM »

i hate the foot guitar but if it works for Ron great, keep in mind it has a floyd rose for his solos which are all tricks and taps. Les Pauls dont have them obviously. I love les pauls and he used them the whole show people, except for his solos which included a whammy.

also buckets white LP is so cool.

The legendary guitarist said that he does have some contact with Guns n' Roses singer Axl Rose, however.

"I've actually sent him Christmas cards, just to be cordial, but he never returns anything."
Elrothiel
« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2006, 01:27:39 PM »

Personally I think that Ron Thal is an awesome guitarist, and a kewl guy. Yes, his foot guitar is a little weird looking, but hey! I can think of worse designs for guitars! So its not the coolest looking guitar in the world. BIG FUCKING DEAL!! Its not the way it LOOKS its the way it SOUNDS!

Can't you people get over the image thing!? Its not all that important! Yes, when something looks good it makes it automatically acceptable, and yes, because you're not used to the foot guitar you're all thinking "HEY! That's DIFFERENT!! It's GAY! It looks STUPID!"

But I bet that if Slash had played that guitar right from the beginning... you'd all be sayin' things like "HEY!! That guitar is like SO COOL man!! Its DIFFERENT! You're SO BRAVE AND COOL to play it!"

Roll Eyes

Seriously. Just get over it already.

Bumblefoot's an awesome guitarist and a real nice guy, so just all you non-believers give him a chance! You'll see!! You'll all be singing his praises!! Just you wait and see!
W. Adam S
Rocker

...Gone to the toilet

« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2006, 01:29:40 PM »

Is it just me or does Buckethead have huge fucking hands?

Thats why he has Gibson make him slightly larger Les Pauls and flying vees.

'For Ricky to be any smarter he would have to die and come back as a turnip' - Trailer park boys.
deanaxlrose
Rocker

Hey, where's my Avatar ?

« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2006, 01:30:49 PM »

cause I never find anyone to replace you.

My life is so Fuckin' Boring...Until The Chinese Democracy Comes.
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2006, 01:33:54 PM »

Dude i'm not the one playing with a KFC bucket on my head or a fucking foot-shaped guitar with lil flapping wings! If that's acceptable to you then YOU my friend are the fool!

We know.  If you were, it'd mean you're a talented guitar player who has played in front of huge crowds and impressed the fuck out of them.  Instead you're so petty you come here and call Buckethead an idiot for dressing the way he does, and Ron Thal a disgrace for playing with a custom made guitar, as though that has anything to do with their talent
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: