Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 04:13:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227962 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash to perform tribute to Kiss with Tommy Lee Scott Ian and Rob Zombie
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash to perform tribute to Kiss with Tommy Lee Scott Ian and Rob Zombie  (Read 19951 times)
anythinggoes
« on: May 20, 2006, 05:48:50 AM »

An all-star band consisting of Rob Zombie (vocals), Slash (guitar; VELVET REVOLVER, ex-GUNS N' ROSES), Tommy Lee (drums; M?TLEY CR?E), and Scott Ian (bass ? yes, bass; ANTHRAX) ? plus a "special-surprise" second guitarist ? will be paying tribute to KISS at the first annual "VH1 Rock Honors".

"VH1 Rock Honors" is the first-ever show to pay homage to the legends who influenced the sound of hard rock. This year's celebration will honor the music and influence of JUDAS PRIEST, KISS, QUEEN and DEF LEPPARD. Premiering on Wednesday, May 31 at 9:00 p.m., "VH1 Rock Honors" will be taped at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas on Thursday, May 25 and will include performances by all of the honorees as well as tribute performances by GODSMACK (who will be paying tribute to JUDAS PRIEST), FOO FIGHTERS (QUEEN) and THE ALL-AMERICAN REJECTS (DEF LEPPARD). Riki Rachtman will serve as backstage announcer.

The two-hour tribute will salute the groundbreaking bands of rock, the once-in-a-lifetime events and the influential people who made a lasting mark on the history of hard rock. The influence of these honorees will be felt through spoken tributes, filmed packages and performances by some of today's hottest rock acts as well as the legends themselves.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2006, 07:17:42 AM »

lol eddie van halen hehe?

html sucks
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2006, 10:16:00 AM »

lol eddie van halen hehe?

whooh, now that would be something! Slash and Eddie on the same stage, hell yeah!

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2006, 12:55:38 PM »

sounds good to me, love how slash is always apart of these great things

wonder who it'll be, bumble
Nighteyes
VIP

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2006, 02:57:05 PM »

Wow.
I really hope someone tapes this  yes

shit happens when you party naked
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2006, 12:53:27 AM »

this is going to be awesome! Slash and Tommy Lee is a dream come true! beer
GNRslaxl
Rocker

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2006, 10:59:26 PM »

this is great! can't wait to see it  Cool for me the "surprise 2nd guitar" will be Ace or Paul... but thats just me
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2006, 10:12:10 AM »

Sad if only dime wasnt dead, i have no doubt he'd be that surprise guitarist, he loved KISS.

html sucks
Nighteyes
VIP

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2006, 11:50:29 AM »

Maybe it's Izzy again?   hihi

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2006, 12:20:11 PM »

Maybe it's Izzy again?? ?hihi

it's going to be bumblefoot Grin
Nighteyes
VIP

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2006, 12:27:51 PM »

Maybe it's Izzy again?? ?hihi

it's going to be bumblefoot Grin

Of course  Grin
or Buckethead?

Hmm.. Someone gonna record when Slash is at Nights with Alice Cooper?

tomass74
Legend

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2006, 02:21:44 PM »

this is great! can't wait to see it? Cool for me the "surprise 2nd guitar" will be Ace or Paul... but thats just me

I agree.. I think it is gonna be Ace..... I hope they play something cool too.. NOT ROCK N' ROLL all night.. I would like to hear something like,

Dr. Love
She
Deuce
Strutter
God Of Thunder

tomass74
Legend

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2006, 02:19:17 PM »

They are playing "God Of Thunder"  ok

ROB ZOMBIE, SLASH, TOMMY LEE, SCOTT IAN To Perform 'God Of Thunder' At 'VH1 Rock Honors' - May 24, 2006 

An all-star band consisting of Rob Zombie (vocals), Slash (guitar; VELVET REVOLVER, ex-GUNS N' ROSES), Tommy Lee (drums; M?TLEY CR?E), and Scott Ian (bass ? yes, bass; ANTHRAX) ? plus a "special-surprise" second guitarist ? will be performing the song "God of Thunder" as a tribute to KISS at the first annual "VH1 Rock Honors".

"VH1 Rock Honors" is the first-ever show to pay homage to the legends who influenced the sound of hard rock. This year's celebration will honor the music and influence of JUDAS PRIEST, KISS, QUEEN and DEF LEPPARD. Premiering on Wednesday, May 31 at 9:00 p.m., "VH1 Rock Honors" will be taped at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas on Thursday, May 25 and will include performances by all of the honorees as well as tribute performances by GODSMACK (who will be paying tribute to JUDAS PRIEST), FOO FIGHTERS (QUEEN) and THE ALL-AMERICAN REJECTS (DEF LEPPARD). Riki Rachtman will serve as backstage announcer.

The two-hour tribute will salute the groundbreaking bands of rock, the once-in-a-lifetime events and the influential people who made a lasting mark on the history of hard rock. The influence of these honorees will be felt through spoken tributes, filmed packages and performances by some of today's hottest rock acts as well as the legends themselves. 

Nighteyes
VIP

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2006, 02:46:31 PM »

Haven't Slash said somewhere that he didn't like Kiss? Huh

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2006, 04:24:36 PM »

I only know they wouldn't let kiss sign them years ago.. It shows several bands there, KISS Def lepp, Priest,  & queen..
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2006, 05:44:30 PM »

I only know they wouldn't let kiss sign them years ago.. It shows several bands there, KISS Def lepp, Priest,? & queen..

Yeah, but Slash will playing "God Of Thunder"..  I can't recall Slash ever saying he didn't like them anyway....  If he did, I am sure some dickweed will make a post about him being a two faced liar piece of shit.....

metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2006, 07:54:47 PM »

I only know they wouldn't let kiss sign them years ago.. It shows several bands there, KISS Def lepp, Priest,? & queen..

Yeah, but Slash will playing "God Of Thunder"..? I can't recall Slash ever saying he didn't like them anyway....? If he did, I am sure some dickweed will make a post about him being a two faced liar piece of shit.....

I think I remember Slash saying that when he first started out jamming with Steven Adler that Steven was really into Kiss and he loathed them, or something like that.

But who cares, we get to see Slash and Tommy Lee rip it up on stage together! beer

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Nighteyes
VIP

« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2006, 07:06:21 AM »

Yeah, but Slash will playing "God Of Thunder"..? I can't recall Slash ever saying he didn't like them anyway....? If he did, I am sure some dickweed will make a post about him being a two faced liar piece of shit.....

I think I remember Slash saying that when he first started out jamming with Steven Adler that Steven was really into Kiss and he loathed them, or something like that.

But who cares, we get to see Slash and Tommy Lee rip it up on stage together! beer

Yeah, it was something about Steven liking them.
Yeah,it's going to be awesome! Grin
I hope someone records it  drool

oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2006, 02:08:04 PM »

Slash wants to find out if Axl was talking shit from Scott Ian when he went on the trucnk show
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2006, 09:38:46 PM »

The surprise is Ace. There are pictures of them rehearsing on wireimage.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: