Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 04:32:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Graspop,Belgium - 24/06
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Graspop,Belgium - 24/06  (Read 45237 times)
timebomb
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #240 on: June 25, 2006, 12:32:02 AM »

i herd show was taped

THANK GOD FOR THE BOMB    http://gnrundergroundnation.co.nr/    A COOL NEW GNR TRADING DL SITE
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #241 on: June 25, 2006, 12:56:16 AM »

I JUST CAME BACK FROM THE SHOW, FEAR NOT !! what I heard at graspop may be his best performance of 2006, he nailed all the songs from start to finish, his voice is perfect , I had a smile from ear to ear when he kept on nailing song after song.....BETTER WAS FANTASTIC ! The drummer fucked up a bit but nobody noticed..... Ididnt, Evil Ash told me  hihi

Greatest show ever !

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
jsg2295
Banned
Headliner

The Album will come.

« Reply #242 on: June 25, 2006, 01:51:00 AM »

This is why I never see the posts til real late. To many jackasses who speculate and try to ruin the fun for those who want true info. Then get mad and try to tar and feather the band with speculation about what happened.  A big middle finger to those out there who talked smack about Axl and the band while the concert was playing.
pollyblue
Rocker

t.w.a.t.

« Reply #243 on: June 25, 2006, 04:39:30 AM »

show was good, but i've seen them better. axl was hungover, he told us. they drank too much champagne the night before, so now they called it 'vanpain'. but he sounded great! man his voice went over the top during the last singalong line of KOHD "knock-knock-knocking on heaven's doooooooooooor!!!) i loved it!! yeah absolutely great vocals. robin must have been high with his weird outfit. i like ron and richard more, they do better solo's. i missed CD, Maddy and rocket queen. so i think they shortened their set down, just one encore (PC). i went to the middle of the crowd for that song so i could get home faster and the sound was way better over there. man they nailed that song! see y'all in holland next week.
suicide
VIP

« Reply #244 on: June 25, 2006, 05:53:05 AM »

Great show, too bad Axl was late! When the show finally started the crowd was very calm, much calmer then in Dublin where I saw them before (but in Dublin the show started on time and the sun was still shining). We were promised a two and a half hour show but the show only lasted two hours.

Axl said he invented a new drink the night before, a mixture of Vodka and Champagne and he called it "Vampagne. It's pain". He said he had a hangover but let's be honest... who can sing a two hour Guns N' Roses show with a hangover and still sound great?!?

Yeah, the sound quality was really good at this festival. The new songs and solos didn't get the attention or response they deserve. If you think Buckethead was weird, check out Robin Finck, this guy can start his own religion! Check out the pictures of this show when they're online.

Not much more to say right now 'cause I really gotta go to bed again and most things have been posted before. Thank you for reading this. Goodnight!
droezle
King of comedy
Banned
Rocker

Here today,gone to hell

« Reply #245 on: June 25, 2006, 06:26:00 AM »

There where also some negative things in this show.
-To much songs from Appetite. (G N' R have so much other great songs to play live like Civil war,Double talkin' jive,Estranged,Yesterdays,.. to name a few)
-Axl not talking that much with the audience.
-The pauses between several songs.
-To much solo's.
This is only my oppinion and how i feel it. The show was great but only these little things have bothered me.
One of the funniest things of the show was when Axl held his mic low and jumped a little up together with Tommy just to hear to sound of his shoes clapping on the stage.

Where's Axl?
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #246 on: June 25, 2006, 06:45:34 AM »

back from belgium. it was awsome. gnr came 1.5h late.and some people started booing and stuff. but finally they came.
i had a pretty good overview of the people in the front row and they weren't really moving like at rock am ring. although the crowd really loved the show and the band, even in the far back of the venue,which i thought was amazng. they were singing along and were really happy.

the show was really good. axl's voice was phenomenal.i don't know how it's possible to improve that much from 2002 - 2006 just great. he didn't tlak much though. about the votcaine thing i understood that he said "cocaine" after that,maybe i was wrong.

i filmed the show. it was my first time but i think i did a pretty good job. although my battery died durnig november rain. i am missing the last half hour.

unfortunately they only played pc as an encore.

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #247 on: June 25, 2006, 06:49:27 AM »

There where also some negative things in this show.
-To much songs from Appetite. (G N' R have so much other great songs to play live like Civil war,Double talkin' jive,Estranged,Yesterdays,.. to name a few)
-Axl not talking that much with the audience.
-The pauses between several songs.
-To much solo's.
This is only my oppinion and how i feel it. The show was great but only these little things have bothered me.
One of the funniest things of the show was when Axl held his mic low and jumped a little up together with Tommy just to hear to sound of his shoes clapping on the stage.

that's just about every show, heavy afd, not much being said, to many solos...

At ;least he is partying and having fun...
Lukin
Headliner

Veganism is nice.

« Reply #248 on: June 25, 2006, 07:09:27 AM »

i filmed the show. it was my first time but i think i did a pretty good job. although my battery died durnig november rain. i am missing the last half hour.

So will you share this with us and upload it? Would be G R E A T! Cheesy

"Why don't we plant a mechanic virus and erase the memory of the machines that maintain this capitalist dynasty?"
heelaxl
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #249 on: June 25, 2006, 08:12:40 AM »

Hello Gunners

What a night yesterday.
Guns N' Roses is back for good...
Axl sounded amazing and looked very fit as well. He was magic.
We had to wait a bit longer ( 1.15min ) but is was fucking great.
They played a 2.15 min show.
A lot of Guns fans were there and we all had the same conclusion :

GUNS N' ROSES is the best band in the world!!!!

Who was there as well?

Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #250 on: June 25, 2006, 08:27:58 AM »

no i will keep it to myself like born to die Wink

of course i'll share it

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #251 on: June 25, 2006, 08:30:10 AM »

back from belgium. it was awsome. gnr came 1.5h late.

Just one hour  Roll Eyes , and it was because of the rain mostly, when the rain started they covered the stage with black plastic blankets and then when it ended they took them off

Lukin
Headliner

Veganism is nice.

« Reply #252 on: June 25, 2006, 08:40:08 AM »

no i will keep it to myself like born to die Wink

of course i'll share it

Woohoo! Where, when, how?  Tongue

"Why don't we plant a mechanic virus and erase the memory of the machines that maintain this capitalist dynasty?"
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #253 on: June 25, 2006, 08:41:30 AM »

and another thing, they did play two and a half hours, from 11:30 to 2:00..... ?and people complaining about the fuckin pauses is ridiculous, they had to move the fuckin piano.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #254 on: June 25, 2006, 09:02:50 AM »

People complaining about the solos probably never had to listen to a drum solo during the UYI tour. hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #255 on: June 25, 2006, 09:03:52 AM »

and another thing, they did play two and a half hours, from 11:30 to 2:00..... ?and people complaining about the fuckin pauses is ridiculous, they had to move the fuckin piano.

no they only played for like 2hrs. pc was the only encore, no madagascar,rocket queen or CD

MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #256 on: June 25, 2006, 09:05:14 AM »

People complaining about the solos probably never had to listen to a drum solo during the UYI tour. hihi

/jarmo

exactly, now that was boring.

Chinese Democracy!
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #257 on: June 25, 2006, 09:05:26 AM »

2,5 HOURS, from 1130 to 200 ?Kiss

remcognr
Rocker

#remcognr

« Reply #258 on: June 25, 2006, 09:12:10 AM »

the show was really good. axl's voice was phenomenal.i don't know how it's possible to improve that much from 2002 - 2006 just great. he didn't tlak much though. about the votcaine thing i understood that he said "cocaine" after that,maybe i was wrong.

totally agree: amazing show! We had to get through several bands with very, VERY bad sound, but when GN'R came on, it was just simply perfect! About the waiting, the rain did hold things up a bit, but all in all, it wasn't that long of a wait. (Soulfly, who played before Guns, actually ended their set like 20 mins or so late, so that also hold it up a bit :-) )

and to clear things in the Axl-cocaine discussion, he definately didn't say 'cocaine', he mentioned a new drink, a mix of vodka & champagne, and they called it 'vampagne' (or 'vodpagne' not really sure now), and he said that the day after (day of the show) he was in 'pain', 'vampain'...

all in all, the best gn'r show (as a band) I've seen so far, after Nijmegen '93 & Belgium '02. now up to Nijmegen next week.... :-D

remco

"There's A Lot Goin'On"

Check out my GN'R collection on insta: www.instagram.com/remcognr
elmaestro
Rocker

Turn loose the swans that drew my poets craft...

« Reply #259 on: June 25, 2006, 09:12:53 AM »

2,5 HOURS, from 1130 to 200 ?Kiss

Nope, sorry to dissappoint you: they played from 11u45 'till 01u50!!!

The secret of the hanged man.... the smile on his lips...
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: