Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 02:20:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228064 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Where would you rate these solos -give into me-mj n slash
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Where would you rate these solos -give into me-mj n slash  (Read 2524 times)
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« on: June 29, 2006, 06:04:11 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mhg_t3YJwQI&search=give%20into%20me

I forgot all about this song since it came out ,.I would say this is such amazing work by slash, gilby guests, is that teddy in there too..
Middle solo and outro sound great, fucking amazing to me ,great over all song beer
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2006, 09:59:28 AM »

I'd rate that a 10/10. Those solos are up there with Slash's best. ok

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Origen
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2006, 05:06:12 PM »

Slash really can add emotion to any song he plays on. It's not as good as somethink like his Street Child solo but still good,  And yes that's Teddy on the keyboard.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2006, 04:03:26 AM by Origen » Logged
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2006, 09:06:30 PM »

that was awesome thank u.

slash didnt guest on the studio version did he?

that really is a pretty cool song.

MJ was at the top of his game for a long time till it all came tumbling down.

that was was so great this might make me get into him some more i mean i know most of his hits but thats it.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2006, 09:15:23 PM by GnFnR87 » Logged

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2006, 09:36:20 AM »

so why dioes everyone always try to say slash can not play without axl by his side..?? I think the guy can do awesome stuff on his own and there are many songs to prove this...

I don't want this to become one of those threads, but the evidence is right here yet the same stupid comments are made over and over..
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2006, 03:07:24 PM »

Like mikegiuliana said, Slash doesn't need Axl let alone any GREAT front man. Even if the vocals suck and stuff like that, you'll still be able to pick out Slash's AWESOME guitar work, which makes him one of the greatest all time.

(Not saying he's the best of all time, because there could be many strong arguments for Hendrix, some like Bumblefoot, it just all depends on people's points of view)
gnrvrrule
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2006, 09:33:25 PM »

This is very interesting to me....
I just checked the release date of the "Dangerous" CD that this song was released on out of curiosity, and it came out on November 26th, 1991.  Now, one would have to figure that Slash and Gilby worked on this song AT LEAST a month before the actual album was released, so it could have been no later than October 1991 that they worked on the song.  The significance?  Well, I thought Izzy quit the band in November 1991 and Gilby joined within a few weeks and only had a few weeks to learn the songs before the December tour.  This suggests that Gilby MAY have been touted earlier by Slash and company.  Even though Izzy QUIT, does anyone think that they were interested in Gilby to take over for Izzy's non-emotional performances and Izzy quit for this reason?  I know Gilby was a friend of Izzy's in the 80s and probably knew Slash and the guys, but it seems too convenient for them to have played with him just a month or so before he was asked to join the band, especially because Teddy was also in the song and he joined the tour in December as well (this shows that Slash was getting some of the guys together that he knew would be on the tour).  It seems like Gilby was at least involved in Guns earlier than we thought.
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2006, 09:55:55 PM »

This is very interesting to me....
I just checked the release date of the "Dangerous" CD that this song was released on out of curiosity, and it came out on November 26th, 1991.? Now, one would have to figure that Slash and Gilby worked on this song AT LEAST a month before the actual album was released, so it could have been no later than October 1991 that they worked on the song.? The significance?? Well, I thought Izzy quit the band in November 1991 and Gilby joined within a few weeks and only had a few weeks to learn the songs before the December tour.? This suggests that Gilby MAY have been touted earlier by Slash and company.? Even though Izzy QUIT, does anyone think that they were interested in Gilby to take over for Izzy's non-emotional performances and Izzy quit for this reason?? I know Gilby was a friend of Izzy's in the 80s and probably knew Slash and the guys, but it seems too convenient for them to have played with him just a month or so before he was asked to join the band, especially because Teddy was also in the song and he joined the tour in December as well (this shows that Slash was getting some of the guys together that he knew would be on the tour).? It seems like Gilby was at least involved in Guns earlier than we thought.

Gilby and Teddy don't play on the studio version of Give In To Me, only Slash does. Gilby and Teddy just appear in the film clip which came out in 1992.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
gnrvrrule
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2006, 02:01:48 AM »

Gilby and Teddy don't play on the studio version of Give In To Me, only Slash does. Gilby and Teddy just appear in the film clip which came out in 1992.

I appreciate that, I should have figured that out when I saw on this site that the three of them shot the video in June 1992.  I was thinking of all the possibilities, but for some reason that never dawned on me.  Thanks for clearing that up though.
Mr Rage
Rocker

My Friends Call Me ACE!!!!!

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2006, 03:26:38 PM »

but still it's nice 2 watch it with gilby in the video, he always looks so cool!

A World Without BASS is.....CHAOS
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: