Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 04:20:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The "I don't care anymore" syndrome...
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: The "I don't care anymore" syndrome...  (Read 11173 times)
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« on: July 02, 2006, 02:42:25 PM »

I saw the band Live -mixed feelings, not as great as I though -? and now I'm like "all that for that?".
I don't care anymore. I don't listen to Guns N' Roses anymore. Not even the (real) old band material. I haven't heard GNR again since I went to the Paris show. I'm really not exited anymore by the release of Chinese Democracy while I've been waiting for it for a decade...

This is the "I don't care anymore" syndrome. I'm BLAZED.
Anyone got the same feeling? I'm honnest, really, I'm not exited anymore.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2006, 02:45:15 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2006, 02:45:14 PM »

I saw the band Live -mixed feelings, not as great as I though -? and now I'm like "all that for that?".
I don't care anymore. I don't listen to Guns N' Roses anymore. Not even the (real) old band material. I haven't heard GNR again since I went o the Paris show. I'm really not exited anymore by the release of Chinese Democracy while I've been waiting for it for a decade...

I get excited when watching your avatar Shocked

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2006, 02:46:26 PM »

I just hope the exitation will come back. It's the 1st time in my life I stoped listening to GNR for more than a week. Now... it's been 2 weeks and i swear I don't miss it Undecided

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
anythinggoes
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2006, 02:47:17 PM »

quitter

fucking hell im still as excited as i was back in January ive still got 4 maybe 5 concerts to attend yet the magic is still there all the tour needs now is an album or a single and GNR will explode big time
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2006, 02:49:57 PM »

I have the other case of this syndrome. When '02 gnr came out I despised them for everything , i hated each and every one of the members and thought axl was an idiot. No one can replace izzy , slash and duff ( can't say the same bout steven lol ) i just hated them I was so into the AFD era of gnr , i didn't like this version. When 06' version came out same people for the most part but at this time I've came to the point where I dont care what axl does. I dont agree , I may not like the band alot , but you know what any form of gnr , is a form of gnr at this point. I dont care what happens i just wanna hear my god damn chinese democracy and it better cost some god damn tree fiddy. ok maybe not $3.50 but you get it?
Martina
Headliner

What I thought was beautiful...

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2006, 02:50:49 PM »

it will be back probably....I'm shure it will ?yes

when cd is out you'll be probably uber excited ?and care..... Grin

''hey dude,you wanna go home?,i say,do you wanna go home?,if you do,we will gladly help you'' -axl rose, melbourne 1988
nycangel
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2006, 02:52:19 PM »

i can see what you mean it happens sometimes, but when things maybe start to get a little different, or when the cd comes out, or when they tour in the US it might get more exciting for you again, it happens to me sometimes with different things i like but the excitement always comes back to me.
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2006, 03:09:46 PM »

I don't care anymore. I don't listen to Guns N' Roses anymore. Not even the (real) old band material. I haven't heard GNR again since I went to the Paris show. I'm really not exited anymore by the release of Chinese Democracy while I've been waiting for it for a decade...

Are you truthfully tuned into yourself?

I cannot believe this for a second  smoking
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2006, 03:15:54 PM »

There's nothing wrong with taking a break from listening to a particular band for a while.  It seems pretty natural to me, actually.

Ali
Sillything
VIP

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2006, 03:16:21 PM »

What!? I've seen two times this week and I'm listening to Mr. Brownstone right now! Grin GNR 4-ever peace

Stockholm 1991, 1993, 1995 (Slash), 2006,2015 (Slash), 2017
Roskilde: 2006
Helsinki 2010
Prague: 2010, 2017,2022
Milano: 2012
Aarhus: 2016 (Ac/Dc),
Berlin: 2018
Tallin: 2018
Gothenburg 2018
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2006, 03:19:49 PM »

When a CD release date is announced and then the day that it actually comes out and is in your hands, you will be excited again. I guarentee that 100%.
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2006, 03:21:06 PM »

When the Illusions came out, I was still spinning them non-stop over a year later. People used to tell me " You know, I love em' too, but there ARE other bands out there " - ?Not on my CD player there were'nt. Part of the problem is the lack of new material , as I think everyone needs a break from the leaks.
I just took a break for a couple of weeks, and threw the CD of them in again this morning for my commute. ?I care more about this upcoming album than anything else going on musically in the world, but that's just me. Cool
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2006, 03:21:41 PM »

im excited bout the upcoming gig. not too bothered bout the album, wont be the same without slash n duff for me.

html sucks
Cristina
Rocker

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2006, 03:27:36 PM »

Well, I'm loving this band even more after seeing them live - they were even better than I expected (and believe me, I had high expectations!)

I'm quite excited about the possibility of a release date sometime late this year... and I'm still listening to the albums and the new bootlegs  ok
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2006, 03:30:44 PM »

In The stage of ennui? Bye now! wave

You've been entertaining for a long time. Tanks!

Come back when your enthusiasm comes back to you. Don't force yourself, mate. It's only music after all.

I'm naturally capricious myself but something tells me that this infatuation will last till i see TSI 2nd.
Bravefish
Rocker

Live and Let Die

« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2006, 03:46:35 PM »

I know what you mean, I'll be honest GNR will never have the same impact on me because the UYI and AFD were more than albums, they were part of my childhood growing up it's what my bro listened to and has memories for me.

But when I see them live, and the hype around them now is still much better than ne thing out there - cant wait for CD i'm sure i'll be pumped up for it!!

Fish
Johnnyblood
VIP

Nothing.

« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2006, 03:54:23 PM »

In a way I've been like this since about '96. I'll get *kinda* excited when there is something going on ... like the current tour, and those leaks last winter. But all in all, even though I still consider Guns my favorite band and the band I follow the most, I hardly ever listen to the old music, and the new stuff, while enjoyable, is hardly earth-shattering to my ears.

So I'm somewhat in the same boat as nesquick. That said, I will get CD asap and listen to it A LOT more than I do most new albums.

I've seen enough.
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2006, 04:47:40 PM »

Well, I'm loving this band even more after seeing them live - they were even better than I expected (and believe me, I had high expectations!)

I'm quite excited about the possibility of a release date sometime late this year... and I'm still listening to the albums and the new bootlegs? ok

Same here, although I haven't seen them live yet! But I'm going to next week!  Cheesy
That and all the updates that I follow in the forum have made me very excited, I'm looking forward to the show, to the album and to anything else happens in the GnR camp!

I'm also starting to dig the new line up a lot! Smiley
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2006, 04:55:53 PM »

I've always been cool with the new line-up. Maybe I'm biased because I was born in the middle of the Illusion tour, but the new guys are solid players, and look badass. I, too was ashamed of Axl in 2002, and his crew of Village People wannbes, but now the band has pulled themself together and seem to have lost a lot of that hired help feeling. Slash would still be the same, trying to get Axl to sing songs about sex and drugs when he's 44. I think Izzy is the most grown up of the new line up, and that's why he occaisionally plays with Axl. But I coudn't imagine the band in it's old form nowadays. Man, that was a rambling post...

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2006, 04:57:54 PM »

humm if u don?t care anymore about guns, which is a thing I respect and it may happen to everyone (tastes change, etc), I suggest u to not come here anymore... ok

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: