Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 10:44:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin Fink: 10 Years Apparently Arent Enough
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin Fink: 10 Years Apparently Arent Enough  (Read 21635 times)
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2006, 04:10:56 PM »

If you think that's why we give out bad karma you really have no idea how things work around here at all.

You complain that we don't let you discuss stuff that's been discussed before, yet there's a whole section for it and you don't go there because you don't like it?

Anyway, I'm dragging this offtopic.  If you want to continue talking about this, you can find the admin section at the bottom of the index page.
SADIS
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2006, 04:12:54 PM »

I was very sceptic about "the Goth"....but he has definately won me over especially after seeing him this Sunday.

He's got the whole package and I can't wait for CD to arrive. And of all the new songs me and my friends like "Better" the best which was written by Robin so I really think he's gonna give us some good music.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2006, 04:15:48 PM »

just coming in here to get bashed hihi

anyway...there are so many other great guitarists out there that are tremendously better guitar players than Robin is...and IMO he didn't nail the old solos in '02...he rather sucked at playing them...but I'm gonna give him a fair shot this time around and reserve my judgement for when i see them live or when i hear the album...whatever comes first.

As far as robin being in the band for as long as slash...well c'mon when slash was in the band they toured relentlessly and released 5 albums....robin has a big old 0 for number of tracks released while in GnR.

how can you possibly love a guitarist better than slash when slash was such an integral part of making the GnR name in the first place? and Robin has done virtually nothing while in the band?

Here we go...a hundred posts of "Robin wrote better and blues" hihi whoo two tunes but we don't know how much he actually wrote for them could just be the main riffs could be the whole tune....like i said i reserve ultimate judgement but in '02 he sucked bad IMO

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2006, 04:27:13 PM »

how can you possibly love a guitarist better than slash when slash was such an integral part of making the GnR name in the first place? and Robin has done virtually nothing while in the band?
Visually, Robin is cuter. hihi

Joking aside, I'm not into big name stuff.
Did you see him live in 02?

I know how the things function around here, and I'm aware of dead horse.
I dont read it because I dont care about the topics like those, but the fact is, that I dont mind when people post it on the main board.

Maybe you don't mind that but the mods and other board members do. Most of us prefer our fav board kept tidy.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2006, 04:35:43 PM »

Visually, Robin is cuter. hihi

Joking aside, I'm not into big name stuff.
Did you see him live in 02?

haha...yeah i saw GnR in Toronto '02...his solo's didn't impress me...his own or his renditions if Slash's...maybe it's just I'm used to hearing the old tunes a specific way and Robin's style is sooo much different that slash's...but he's getting rave reviews from everywhere...hopefully he'll proove me wrong this time around Undecided I want to be wrong but we'll have to wait and see, i do know it'll be a different story once they play more of their own material.

I don't necessarily like Slash cuz he's a big name cuz i even really enjoyed his snakepit stuff (which alot of people dont seem to) although his fame contributes to things obviously cuz in the day gnr was played constantly....and I've never been a NIN fan so robin's involvement there doesn't impress me all that much...Better is a fantastic tune though soo...yeah I'm waiting to be prooved wrong...they just gotta come play near me, I'm waiting Grin

the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2006, 04:41:51 PM »

Slash became a big name when he helped GNR get to the top.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2006, 04:42:47 PM »

i love robin, i think he seems very honest and humble onsatge. i like his playing and i like his charisma, he's fun to watch and to hear. a great guitarrist, very underrated.

Chinese Democracy!
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2006, 04:44:51 PM »

anyone whose worked for NIN, Axl, and Cirque De Soliel must be a talented mofo ok

robin rocks

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2006, 04:59:10 PM »

I'll be honest, I wasn't a fan of the guy from 01 - 02 period in the band. His playing didn't do anything for me, I didn't like the way he looked or moved on the stage.
But since the first time I heard and seen him this year in boots etc I have to say my opinion has changed. He has stepped up in every catagory I mentioned. He can play the leads better this time. He looks the part. The guy is the full fucking package now.

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
estranged.1098
« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2006, 05:41:20 PM »

Here we go...a hundred posts of "Robin wrote better and blues" hihi whoo two tunes but we don't know how much he actually wrote for them could just be the main riffs could be the whole tune....like i said i reserve ultimate judgement but in '02 he sucked bad IMO

What is that smilie there for?

What I think is really funny is that the people who bash Robin hate to admit that the material he wrote for the new band is amazing.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2006, 06:19:33 PM »

just coming in here to get bashed hihi

anyway...there are so many other great guitarists out there that are tremendously better guitar players than Robin is...and IMO he didn't nail the old solos in '02...he rather sucked at playing them...but I'm gonna give him a fair shot this time around and reserve my judgement for when i see them live or when i hear the album...whatever comes first.

As far as robin being in the band for as long as slash...well c'mon when slash was in the band they toured relentlessly and released 5 albums....robin has a big old 0 for number of tracks released while in GnR.

Robin has been in this new gnr since the beginning save a few months he toured with NIN. Robin wrote most of the music on the album I can assure you that.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Gargh!
Rocker

Danny Cockroach

« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2006, 06:21:17 PM »

I respect him as a player, but I'm not convinced that he's right for Guns - oops, this isn't a BF thread, just trotting out the standard response smoking

But yeah, I think everyone realises how hard Robin Finck has worked for Guns N' Roses, and how much effort he's put in. ?I'll reserve judgement until I hear the record, but I think I'll be impressed.

Welcome to the ZooFarm: www.myspace.com/dannycockrach

Please check us out and leave us some feedback.  If you live near us, it'd be great to see you at a show or something.  Rock on!
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2006, 06:26:36 PM »

I respect Robin for his patience and devotion. I saw him Live and He is an OK guitar player.
However, if you think Slash could ever be "replaced", you dream. You can replace a good guitar player, but you can't replace a Legend and a Genius.
Slash is like hendrix, Page, Clapton or Knopfler, he made Rock n' Roll History. This is a non-sense to even think about replacing such a genius.

There will never be another Slash as there will never be another Michael Jordan.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2006, 06:39:35 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
AxlRose4eva1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2006, 06:42:54 PM »

I respect Robin for his patience and devotion. He is an OK guitar player.
However, if you think Slash could ever be "replaced", you dream. You can replace a good guitar player, but you can't replace a Legend and a Genius.
Slash is like hendrix, Page, Clapton or Knopfler, he made Rock n' Roll History. This is a non-sense to even think about replacing such a genius.

There will never be another Slash as there will never be another Michael Jordan.

This is a response from the same person who said, "Good point...great to have someone smart on these boards" when regarding a post that read, "Slash sucks and could never be as good as BBF". 

Also I think Slash and RObin have similar styles, not technically.  Both can play smooth solo's, but both choose a more passionate dangerous style.

I think Finck is smart, loyal and a passoinate player who obviously had a lot of music in his head that he wanted to get out and thats why he joined gnr
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2006, 06:45:57 PM »

What is that smilie there for?

What I think is really funny is that the people who bash Robin hate to admit that the material he wrote for the new band is amazing.

the smile is cuz everytime someone says something about robin other than he is amazing and writes instant classics is that "oh he wrote Better, Axl said so" or "he wrote the blues his webmaster told some guy via email"

yeah a few demos and a couple live tunes buries everything slash ever did for GnR Roll Eyes

Robin has been in this new gnr since the beginning save a few months he toured with NIN. Robin wrote most of the music on the album I can assure you that.

since the beginning of what? since the beginning of the 14 years of silence? but anyway, Thanks Axl, I'm glad for the preview of the liner notes of CD

Once the album is released we'll be able to judge how great he actually is....don't worry if I'm dead wrong about his playing/creative abilities I'll say so peace I refuse to judge him off of crappy bootlegs

Also I think Slash and RObin have similar styles, not technically. Both can play smooth solo's, but both choose a more passionate dangerous style.

huh? smooth solos? wtf? dangerous? man, oh yeah, i forgot, he smashed a guitar

snakepipero
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2006, 07:00:41 PM »

Robin Fink: 10 Years Apparently Arent Enough   hihi rofl hihi rofl hihi rofl
10 years doin' everything and nothing. I respect fink for one really hard thing, to be able on work with Axl and Roses and have the patience of still bein' in the band without at least an album released!!!! Shocked Shocked
Yeah, some of you have the reason, Fink's worked with Axl more time than slash or Duff, but in less years they'd done all the magic that make us to look at this kind of sites, to look for this band
estranged2006
Banned
Rocker

Barbara K Bodine is a Fucking Whore. Traitor

« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2006, 09:22:43 PM »

yeah its stipid. if u dislike bbf guitar u get told to shut up or made fun of. if u like slash its a dead horse. if u dont think axl should bite someone u dont support him. forum sucks.
hunterwh
Headliner

« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2006, 09:34:04 PM »

Robin Finck is amazing.
I love his style and tone. He has an amazing presence.
I love how all his Les Pauls are customized... especially the gold one with only one humbucker.... I wish Gibson would come out with a signature model for him. I love how he moves his pickup selector down into one of the volume or tone spots.... just adds to his style. Kinda like how all guitar greats have an identifiable sound and image: Page, Slash, Townsend, Cobain, etc

There Was A Time
Opening Act

Lonely Teardrops Calling Me.....

« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2006, 10:28:27 PM »

Robin Finck is amazing.
I love his style and tone. He has an amazing presence.
I love how all his Les Pauls are customized... especially the gold one with only one humbucker.... I wish Gibson would come out with a signature model for him. I love how he moves his pickup selector down into one of the volume or tone spots.... just adds to his style. Kinda like how all guitar greats have an identifiable sound and image: Page, Slash, Townsend, Cobain, etc

COBAIN!!!! lmao he is just about as good as the dude from green day...... wow he sucks. guitar great my ass.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #39 on: July 04, 2006, 10:36:52 PM »

I can't believe people are still complaining about Robin after hearing his amazing job on Better and TWAT... WTF do you guys want? If the album is still not released to show Robin's full talent, it's not his fault! rant

I respect Robin for his patience and devotion. I saw him Live and He is an OK guitar player.

Robin is Robin, he never wanted to be the next Slash. Either you like it or not. Both are good in their own ways, no need to put them as if only one could be in that position.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: