Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 12:33:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin Fink: 10 Years Apparently Arent Enough
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin Fink: 10 Years Apparently Arent Enough  (Read 21636 times)
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #140 on: July 05, 2006, 04:09:47 PM »

If Axl wanted to do Industrial/Piano ballads etc couldnt he have set up a side project or released a solo album? The others managed quite easily.

yeah i agree Axl should did a solo album...but it was something like his musical career is GnR not a solo record...that's why he's still going on with the GnR name.

sorry I'm way too lazy to pull quotes today hihi

ok anyway i changed my mind....here is the duff and five oclock thing...still looking for he axl solo project thing

Kurt Loder interview 1999

Rose: You could find ways to blend all kind of things. It really just takes the right song. I don't personally believe that was the interest of Guns or Slash, I don't believe the right song was the interest. I mean, what people don't know is, the [Slash's] Snakepit album, that is the Guns N' Roses album. I just wouldn't do it.

Loder: Really?

Rose: Oh, yeah! Duff walked out on it, and I walked out on it, because I wasn't allowed to be any part of it. It's like, "No, you do this, that's how it is." And I didn't believe in it. I thought that there were riffs and parts and some ideas, I thought, that needed to be developed. I had no problem working on it, or working with it, but you know, as is, I think I'm with the public on that one.

slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

A Rock N' Roll bash where everybody's smashed

« Reply #141 on: July 05, 2006, 04:12:54 PM »

If Axl wanted to do Industrial/Piano ballads etc couldnt he have set up a side project or released a solo album? The others managed quite easily.

yeah i agree Axl should did a solo album...but it was something like his musical career is GnR not a solo record...that's why he's still going on with the GnR name.

sorry I'm way too lazy to pull quotes today hihi

ok anyway i changed my mind....here is the duff and five oclock thing...still looking for he axl solo project thing

Kurt Loder interview 1999

Rose: You could find ways to blend all kind of things. It really just takes the right song. I don't personally believe that was the interest of Guns or Slash, I don't believe the right song was the interest. I mean, what people don't know is, the [Slash's] Snakepit album, that is the Guns N' Roses album. I just wouldn't do it.

Loder: Really?

Rose: Oh, yeah! Duff walked out on it, and I walked out on it, because I wasn't allowed to be any part of it. It's like, "No, you do this, that's how it is." And I didn't believe in it. I thought that there were riffs and parts and some ideas, I thought, that needed to be developed. I had no problem working on it, or working with it, but you know, as is, I think I'm with the public on that one.

i dont beleive some of axl's words!!its like cd was ment to be out 10 years ago right??@wheres that!!!

Hammersmith - london 7th june G N' F' R
NEC - Birmingham 25th july G N' F' R
madagas
« Reply #142 on: July 05, 2006, 04:16:11 PM »

can somebody move this to dead horse now? Sad
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #143 on: July 05, 2006, 04:16:56 PM »

yes but slash was never controlive about it!!he didnt say look you have to do this or get out of my band!!!

Neither did Axl Undecided as for slash being controlling or not.... check out that quote above

i dont beleive some of axl's words!!its like cd was ment to be out 10 years ago right??@wheres that!!!

But Slash speaks god honest truth? c'mon i understand that he may be lying but how can you pic one guy over another...you know how? blame both Wink neither could meet in the middle that's what broke up the band...it's called creative differences...Slash and Duff sold the GnR rights to Axl after Slash left and a couple months before Duff quit so it wasn't like he held them at gun point or anything...Duff didn't like the new direction so he let Axl run with it...and slash gave up on 'compromising with Axl so he wanted nothing to do with it

No shit hihi

slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

« Reply #144 on: July 05, 2006, 04:19:33 PM »

yes but slash was never controlive about it!!he didnt say look you have to do this or get out of my band!!!

Neither did Axl Undecided as for slash being controlling or not.... check out that quote above

But Slash speaks god honest truth? c'mon i understand that he may be lying but how can you pic one guy over another...you know how? blame both Wink neither could meet in the middle that's what broke up the band...it's called creative differences...Slash and Duff sol the GnR rights to Axl after Slash left and a couple months before Duff quit so it wasn't like he held them at gun point or anything...Duff didn't like the new direction so he let Axl run with it...and slash gave up on 'compromising with Axl so he wanted nothing to do with it

No shit hihi

i recall axl saying sign the band name over to me or its over!!!thats controll!!!

no what slash says isnt gospel, but i beleive him over axl, just because on numerous occasions axl has said one thing then in the future says the complete opposite!!take a look at CD release dates, how many times has axl said, music will be heard this year??this is the third i think

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #145 on: July 05, 2006, 04:25:21 PM »

i recall axl saying sign the band name over to me or its over!!!thats controll!!!

no what slash says isnt gospel, but i beleive him over axl, just because on numerous occasions axl has said one thing then in the future says the complete opposite!!take a look at CD release dates, how many times has axl said, music will be heard this year??this is the third i think

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/history/history9699.php

check out October, 30 1996 then January 1997

Axl doesn't have sole control over what the recod company decides...the reasons for the delays since 2002 are up in the air still Undecided

slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

« Reply #146 on: July 05, 2006, 04:29:08 PM »

axl is axl

slash is slash

im findin this descussion going in circles, IMO axl's controlivness broke up the band, and he should use the GNR name nomore, it should be diffrent.snakepit was more guns n roses than this band ever was!!

but im giving the new band a chance.

peace out!!

LaTeRaLuS
Rocker

Some say the end is near......

« Reply #147 on: July 05, 2006, 05:42:55 PM »

i wish the finck bashing would stop, i know this isnt everyon,  he's been a loyal player/employee/friend of axl for what? 10 years?

ill admit, his playing wasnt great in 01/02 but you can see that he's put in hard work in between then and now and is a better player, please respect him for that, he's in a band you all love, even if you dont like his playing: support him!
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #148 on: July 05, 2006, 06:56:00 PM »

for the record...the only NIN album that Finck is presented on is the live one...reznor writes everything for NIN...EVERYTHING Robin was just able to play it the way Trent wanted it played

and estranged paul....take a good listen to some old gnr solos...off your cds...tell me slash doesn't rip it up...NR outro comes to mind Wink

Slash can rip if up, but don't insult him by calling him a shredder. No out and out shredder would have wrote that amazing lick the solo was based around.

I was in fact referring to Finck when he said he is bluesy rather than a shredder. And this is closer in style to Slash than Fortus or Finck. Slash can play fast, but Finck doesn't play those fast ones. I think when it comes to the bluesier and rockier stuff like Sweet Child, Finck is the best guy to play them. I would hate to hear a shred version of that one. It would ruin it. That's why Axl chooses Finck plays those most of the old ones, although he really should stop playng the second NR one. He overdoes the emotion and totally forgets about technique and it ends up sounding embarrassing! When it comes to the fast ones like NR and PC outros, Ron Thal can take over.

jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #149 on: July 05, 2006, 08:41:42 PM »

slash wrote the greatest riff of all time as some people say SCOM!!!

"Some people say"? You mean, "people who aren't Slash", I guess? Cos I remember him saying something more like "I thought it was just going to be a filler track, we threw it together at the last moment to replace [whatever track got cut from AFD], blah blah blah and then it got released as a single and was huge and GOD DAMN am I sick of hearing it." Or something like that, in the old Mick Wall GNR biography.?

totally irreleavnt really. doesnt matter what Slash thinks of it really - then or now. The fact remains, it is one of the most memorable, musical riffs of all time and he wrote it

your other post earlier made some good points although I think you underplay a tad how great Slash is/was/always will be considered. he is up there with the greats, it may have taken a little while for peeps to initially realise it, but it is fait accompli really

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #150 on: July 05, 2006, 08:44:10 PM »

IMHO slash is awsome and finck is average!!he has done nothing to associate why he should even be in the same league as slash!!i mean example, slash wrote scom, wether you're a GNR fan or not 99% of people have heard of it.i havnt heard on of fincks songs outside of GNR.slash is a rock god. finck is average/good IMHO

Yeah and if slash had his way that SCOM we all know and love would have been scrapped.

okay not convinced??great riffs, solo's

rocket queen, november rain, estranged, dont cry, you could be mine list goes on.another fact robin is playing slash's parts, and not doin them much justice.its nothing against robin, i just think slash's sound is unique, even a bad not by slash sounds ok.

No one is saying slash is not good, we all know slash is amazing for what he did in gnr, what we are saying is Finck is not crap like some of you make him out to be. I dont understand some of you. You think if we think Finck is great it must mean we think slashs work in gnr sucked. Stop putting words in our mouths.

And if you really want to go with Robins playing again I have tons of mp3s (I have already posted a few) where slash butchers him own solos that the wrote. And dont give me that shit he was wasted because a lot of them come from 1991 when he was sober for those shows. I posted that Nov Rain solo a few weeks ago and people thought it was Finck playing when it was really slash.

slash was always wasted.if you noticed in 1991 he was fucking up everyfin, 1992 he wasnt.what does that say??st louis for instance i mean he was so wasted!!as for the robin argument, im not slasting him, im just backing up the fact that slash is way above him, people are saying robin is better than slash which i find very hard to beleive

That is always the excuse for slash when he fucked up, oh he was wasted? ?Roll Eyes

it didnt help having to wait around 2-3 hours for your frontman to show up to the gig i would imagine  Roll Eyes

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
lul
Headliner

« Reply #151 on: July 05, 2006, 08:56:03 PM »

robins finest work is Sossego,.. its a nice ass kissing song for the latins

Time is wasted when you are wasted all the time
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: