Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 03, 2024, 01:00:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227992 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  July, 5th - Helsinki. The update / fuckin' aye I'll be there thread
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: July, 5th - Helsinki. The update / fuckin' aye I'll be there thread  (Read 22364 times)
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #140 on: July 06, 2006, 08:39:41 AM »

By the way I have to mention one new stage move by Axl I hadn't seen before: during Better he was jumping up and down really energetically, how would I describe it, with both feet up in the air (tasajalkaa in Finnish). Anyone else notice that?

yeah   he did that in nijmegen as well ok

I loved the blues-funk-jam-rant about the Stockholm incident:

"Whether they love me or hate me - it really doesn't matter. I wasn't looking for a Swede with a good taste. I was looking for a Swede that tastes good!" Grin

I for one laughed my ass off.

Yeah I laughed like an idiot for that too! Cheesy One of the best rants ever.. maybe I should print it to a t-shirt in school.
Btw. Did anyone notice a low microphone-thing in the left side of the stage (might be on right side too but I couldn't see) that was pointed out to the crowd? It was standing over the "boxes" that were in front of the stage corner.. well nobody gets the point anyway Cheesy But I was just thinking that are they recording these concerts and want to get some crowd noice too?

Still no photos?

again, same in nijmegen..... two mics in front of the crowd. that`s what i saw at least.... but there were probably some on the sides of the stage as well.

"Whether they love me or hate me - it really doesn't matter. I wasn't looking for a Swede with a good taste. I was looking for a Swede that tastes good!" Grin

what was that rant about anyway?

axl bit a security guard in sweden..... did you sleep for the last weeks? hihi

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
LaTeRaLuS
Rocker

Some say the end is near......

« Reply #141 on: July 06, 2006, 08:44:54 AM »

By the way I have to mention one new stage move by Axl I hadn't seen before: during Better he was jumping up and down really energetically, how would I describe it, with both feet up in the air (tasajalkaa in Finnish). Anyone else notice that?

Yeah I laughed like an idiot for that too! Cheesy One of the best rants ever.. maybe I should print it to a t-shirt in school.
Btw. Did anyone notice a low microphone-thing in the left side of the stage (might be on right side too but I couldn't see) that was pointed out to the crowd? It was standing over the "boxes" that were in front of the stage corner.. well nobody gets the point anyway Cheesy But I was just thinking that are they recording these concerts and want to get some crowd noice too?

Still no photos?

again, same in nijmegen..... two mics in front of the crowd. that`s what i saw at least.... but there were probably some on the sides of the stage as well.

what was that rant about anyway?

axl bit a security guard in sweden..... did you sleep for the last weeks? hihi

ahhhh sorry im really slow, i get it!!!  hihi
Hypird
Headliner

Hanoi Rocks

« Reply #142 on: July 06, 2006, 10:09:22 AM »

It was great show!  ok  beer
Iltasanomat gave 4 stars out of 5  Smiley

"Just because I don?t sleep
Doesn?t mean that I?ve stopped dreaming"
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #143 on: July 06, 2006, 11:10:14 AM »

Thanks for the reviews and the updates.

Ahem, I noticed it as early as RIR on aol live stream.  Cheesy
Axl Tommy and even Robin were bouncing on the song. I love that.
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #144 on: July 06, 2006, 11:13:19 AM »

Thanks for the reviews and the updates.

Ahem, I noticed it as early as RIR on aol live stream.  Cheesy
Axl Tommy and even Robin were bouncing on the song. I love that.

yeah   and robin has this groovy style of playing the rythmn (especially in better) drool

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
CD2006
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #145 on: July 06, 2006, 11:16:45 AM »

Frank is in the Drums

poor guy, is he stuck? Undecided

Finlandia!

Thank you Robin!

/jarmo

you seem a tad obsessed with that song Tongue
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #146 on: July 06, 2006, 11:32:54 AM »

Finlandia!

Thank you Robin!

/jarmo

It's hard to explain to a Norwegian. So I'm not even gonna bother trying.  Tongue

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #147 on: July 06, 2006, 11:50:21 AM »

Finlandia!

Thank you Robin!

/jarmo

It's hard to explain to a Norwegian. So I'm not even gonna bother trying.? Tongue

/jarmo

Norwegians only drink Finlandia  hihi  ok

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
makane
Legend

« Reply #148 on: July 06, 2006, 11:51:09 AM »

If someone missed this:

HS.fi review:
http://www.hs.fi/kulttuuri/artikkeli/Guns+N+Rosesin+show+py?rii+vanhojen+hittien+varassa/1135220571442

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
axe
Rocker

« Reply #149 on: July 06, 2006, 11:51:51 AM »

Sorry, I kind of blew it. My girlfriend managed to sneak in a camera, but then she gave it to me and I failed the camera test. A) The security went for camera flashes, so I didn't use a flash (don't know if it would have helped). B) I didn't use zoom because in my theory the photos won't be that shaken and I can anyway crop and do stuff to them with Photoshop. I really couldn't. C) I didn't want to stand there with a camera in my hand all the time, so I only took it out once in a while and then shot a dozen on the spot hoping for one or two good ones. That didn't happen.

There was about 60 photos, and these are the best so you can imagine what the rest is. Actually I have a good collection of hands, arms and back of the heads. They came nicely on the digital card! I made them pretty small so they look a little better.

http://www.tuubi.net/axe/gnr/

And soon I'll head back to arena. No girlfriend or camera this time.
CD2006
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #150 on: July 06, 2006, 02:04:54 PM »

Finlandia!

Thank you Robin!

/jarmo

It's hard to explain to a Norwegian. So I'm not even gonna bother trying.? Tongue

/jarmo

is it that song "finland, finland, finland, the country where i want to go pony trekking" etc rofl

sorry i just had to Tongue
sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #151 on: July 06, 2006, 02:07:47 PM »

A little anecdote:

I just met a friend, who works in the Hartwall Areena security, and had - as well as her peers - received orders to remove all those audience members who were spotted sporting T-shirts of the old band (sans the ones w/ Axl) or VR. Also, one person chanting for Slash was apparently thrown out, as had been ordered by the band before the performance.

None of this had obviously been told to the audience beforehand, so with some bad luck, you might get booted out. ?nervous

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
makane
Legend

« Reply #152 on: July 06, 2006, 02:11:10 PM »

There was this guy next to me taking pictures, when the security saw him taking pics he literally got THROWN OUT. He came back, though without hes camera  Cheesy

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
anythinggoes
« Reply #153 on: July 06, 2006, 02:13:32 PM »

A little anecdote:

I just met a friend, who works in the Hartwall Areena security, and had - as well as her peers - received orders to remove all those audience members who were spotted sporting T-shirts of the old band (sans the ones w/ Axl) or VR. Also, one person chanting for Slash was apparently thrown out, as had been ordered by the band before the performance.

None of this had obviously been told to the audience beforehand, so with some bad luck, you might get booted out. ?nervous

well if you go there with a VR or slash t shirt and stand there chanting slash you really are looking to cause trouble and its pretty obvoius that you dont wear them t shirts so i dont see a need for the warning
sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #154 on: July 06, 2006, 02:35:03 PM »

well if you go there with a VR or slash t shirt and stand there chanting slash you really are looking to cause trouble and its pretty obvoius that you dont wear them t shirts so i dont see a need for the warning

True enough. However, my point was that while they booted out a person chanting for Slash, the instructions called for even rooting out people with simply certain t-shirts on them - no other provocation required. They seemed to have wardrobe etiqeutte.? Tongue

edit: Also, a casual/nostalgic fan might wear a Slash-only GNR-shirt or a VR shirt simply to pay his or her respect towards Slash's AFD guitar riffs, so I can see it happening.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2006, 02:41:21 PM by sic. » Logged

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #155 on: July 06, 2006, 03:00:21 PM »

couldn't they wear them inside out to stay there in that case?

I'd say good move. So that they prevented possible the clashes between fans v the Uninvited guests which could have ruined audiences enjoyment.
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #156 on: July 06, 2006, 04:20:21 PM »

That's kind of shitty you can't even wear a Slash shirt... they are playing songs he helped write and you can't even sport a shirt of the guy?? If that's true.. that's sad. no
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #157 on: July 06, 2006, 04:22:17 PM »

That's kind of shitty you can't even wear a Slash shirt... they are playing songs he helped write and you can't even sport a shirt of the guy?? If that's true.. that's sad. no

Agreed. Slash MADE Guns N' Roses what it is today.
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #158 on: July 06, 2006, 04:36:26 PM »

Agreed. Slash MADE Guns N' Roses what it is today.

Yeh but come on, he is not in the band anymore! Surely its a bit disrespetful to the guys in the band? Dont get me wrong I loved Slash when he was in the band but that time is gone now, he left! The new guys are doing a pretty fucking cool job! Mike

jonnybgoode82
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #159 on: July 06, 2006, 04:53:10 PM »

Where the Hanoi boys anywhere near this show?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: