Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 02:00:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Why did Axl record new vocals for Live Era??
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why did Axl record new vocals for Live Era??  (Read 11774 times)
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2006, 10:40:26 AM »

Why are YCBM and November Rain swapped around on the Toyko DVDs?

prolly 'cause they wanted to start the second dvd with a rock song or something like that
31illusions
I am the coolest guy I know
Rocker

Axl, slash, duff, izzy & steven. The true GN'R!

« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2006, 02:15:03 PM »

Yes there wre over-dubbs on "live era" so what? most people don't realize this but alot of live albums have over-dubbs. The famous album "Kiss Alive" was over-dubbed. it's pretty common. I read an article that said slash and axl both went in to record parts for the CD. but they both were never there at the same time. so i know it was true. And yes i did notice things were changed when I compared the tokyo dvd's to "the live" era songs. In a live situation artist cannot control the quailty of the sound, but to fix the problem in post-production is pretty common.

There you go, negative karma for you for being a troll. I'll give gandra negative karma as well. Happy now?  Next time you try this behavior will be the last. keep that in mind.

/jarmo
luciano
Banned
Rocker

Axl-Izzy-Slash-Duff-Steven!

« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2006, 08:53:59 AM »

I think you can release a great show UNTOUCHED.
I mean Ritz 1988. I mean Rio 1991, both nights. I mean Indiana 1991. Perfection does not need corrections.
I think ignoring a 3-year legacy (1987-1988-1991) of the best rock n' roll performances ever is a very bad choice.
I think choosing 90% of the songs from a time when the band was falling appart (1992) is another very bad choice.
I think releasing a live record like that is a joke.

kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #43 on: September 15, 2006, 10:55:05 AM »

I think you can release a great show UNTOUCHED.
I mean Ritz 1988. I mean Rio 1991, both nights. I mean Indiana 1991. Perfection does not need corrections.
I think ignoring a 3-year legacy (1987-1988-1991) of the best rock n' roll performances ever is a very bad choice.
I think choosing 90% of the songs from a time when the band was falling appart (1992) is another very bad choice.
I think releasing a live record like that is a joke.

I think you should listen to some bootlegs. Other than those proshots you already mentioned..

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
luciano
Banned
Rocker

Axl-Izzy-Slash-Duff-Steven!

« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2006, 01:08:07 PM »

Hi Kaasu, thanks for the suggestion, I have tons of Guns n' Roses bootegs and I love them all! ok

thelostrose
Rocker

For Promotional Use Only...

« Reply #45 on: September 18, 2006, 06:21:02 AM »

I haven't listen to Live Era for a long time, but doesn't Axl sing that "..with your ass in the air!" -part on YCBM? 'Cause I don't remember hearing it on the Tokyo-DVD's. Actually I have heard it only on '93-bootlegs (probably late '92 too) Roll Eyes

I think the Tokyo DVD's were a collaboration of 2 shows...

yeah that's right, the DVD is the best from two shows where they picked out the best of songs and put them on the DVD..
so if he sings "with your ass in the air" on YCBM on the album and not on the DVD doesn't mean that it's a re-done vocals it's just that the song on the album is not the same as on the DVD.. if you know what i mean

I never knew the use your illusion dvds are 2 shows-i always thought it was one show on 2 dvds.But i guess that explains why axl has like a white mark on his face on the 2nd dvd and on the 1st dvd he hasn't.

Each DVD isn't a different show.. They just took the best versions from the Tokyo shows and combined them. There are probably songs from each night on both DVDs..

And where have you read this? 'Cause I have heard that the two other nights weren't used.. and I have listened to those bootlegs, and don't find anything similar compared to the DVD's. And gnrontour.com says "This show was officially released by GN'R as the 2 home videos Use Your Illusion I & II" under the last Tokyo show..

the two videos gnr released are from one show. since they already aired on jap.tv they decided to release them on videos. that's it.

...this melody inside of me still searches for solution...
monkeychow
VIP

How's that for provocation?

« Reply #46 on: September 18, 2006, 08:02:36 AM »

Yes there wre over-dubbs on "live era" so what? most people don't realize this but alot of live albums have over-dubbs. The famous album "Kiss Alive" was over-dubbed. it's pretty common. I read an article that said slash and axl both went in to record parts for the CD. but they both were never there at the same time. so i know it was true.

Yeah i read that too. Although i think slash went on to say that he realised almost all of it was already fine so he didn't have to fix much.
GNR estranged
Rocker

« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2006, 02:39:03 PM »

if you think that re-recording vocals or guitars means it's not a 'real' live album,then I guess there never were any 'real' live albums put out by any band,because it's a fact that when any band puts out a live album there are always thing re-recorded in the studio,all bands do that,it's nothing new.

majority of the bands do this, but not all. When Ozzy put out the tribute the Randy Rhoads album, randy rhoads had already died in a plane crash and he didnt re-record anything for that album. but that is a rare case, most others have things re-recorded, i wouldnt say all though.
Adler_Sorum_Brain
Rocker

Look at the lies Slash is leading

« Reply #48 on: September 20, 2006, 05:19:33 PM »

some of the old songs should have been used from the old days...Nightrain..It?s not the same..But GNR had that big-ass AREAN sound in the 90?s so

As the dust settled, Axl stared unblinkingly at me and, with no hint of irony, summed up GN?R?s philosophy: ?We don?t start anything. But if you mess with us, then we?ll fuck you up!
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: