Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:42:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Nice Boys Don't Play Rock And Roll
| | |-+  Better chords - need help! (with BBF email, lol)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Better chords - need help! (with BBF email, lol)  (Read 29562 times)
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2006, 06:13:50 PM »

can some one record better with only bass so that i can hear it?.. and then post it hear like some of you guys hace done with the gutiar.. hope that you guys get what i mean. kinda bad at explain things in english hihi

Sure, I'll do the bass in a little bit, but first I need a bass...lol, I figured the song out on mine but unforunately it's not that great and will not sound very good.

If you want I could do it with a toned down bassy guitar?

yeah that would be cool it's at least worth a try ok
benchiefjr
« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2006, 03:15:08 AM »

hey mobenrad...do you think you could tab out the last solo + outro...cause it sounds spot-on  peace
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2006, 06:58:25 PM »

Better solo.. It's not 100% yet, but I guess isn't that bad:

http://www.perfectcrimegnr.com/downloads/Teste03.mp3

This is me playing the guitars on Rhiad along with the Osaka audio:
http://www.perfectcrimegnr.com/downloads/Rhiad_Voodoo_GNR.mp3

Same recording as above, but only with guitars:
http://www.perfectcrimegnr.com/downloads/Rhiad_Voodoo.mp3

robinfinckfan
« Reply #43 on: August 28, 2006, 07:29:48 PM »

ok so is this drop d, down 1 1/2 steps on the low e and 1/2 step on the rest? or just drop d
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #44 on: August 29, 2006, 10:55:20 AM »

It's the following:

Db-Ab-Db-Gb-Bb-Eb

robinfinckfan
« Reply #45 on: August 29, 2006, 04:09:24 PM »

It's the following:

Db-Ab-Db-Gb-Bb-Eb

thank you ok
Poof!
Rocker

« Reply #46 on: September 05, 2006, 06:59:21 AM »

My version of the Better verse has a tiny variation on the B string.
I tried posting my version of the verse, but the text formatting kept screwing up the tab even worse than it already is (a little crooked, but you get the gist), so I uploaded the text file to yousendit:
http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=D3810AE81B72D815

Thanks to everyone who post their tab ideas, it helps a lot!? beer

fridayfan13
Rocker

« Reply #47 on: September 06, 2006, 08:08:24 PM »

Better solo.. It's not 100% yet, but I guess isn't that bad:

http://www.perfectcrimegnr.com/downloads/Teste03.mp3

This is me playing the guitars on Rhiad along with the Osaka audio:
http://www.perfectcrimegnr.com/downloads/Rhiad_Voodoo_GNR.mp3

Same recording as above, but only with guitars:
http://www.perfectcrimegnr.com/downloads/Rhiad_Voodoo.mp3

dude, could you please post the tab for rhiad, it sounds fuckin awesome, great work man
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #48 on: September 07, 2006, 10:14:31 AM »

dude, could you please post the tab for rhiad, it sounds fuckin awesome, great work man
Hehe, thanks.. I don't know if what I played is 100% correct, but I can try to tab it this weekend dude. Smiley

fridayfan13
Rocker

« Reply #49 on: September 07, 2006, 04:53:01 PM »

Hehe, thanks.. I don't know if what I played is 100% correct, but I can try to tab it this weekend dude. Smiley
thanks man, i cant wait.for some reason, the song sounds so much better with the guitar standing out more.
whiny
Rocker

a boy with urban needs, plant him some urban seeds

« Reply #50 on: November 01, 2006, 03:52:30 PM »

you should really work on your timing... use a click or something... its so untight... do yourself a favour, because on the other hand you seem to get the right notes... don't ruin this by beiing utterly out of time ok

"The universe is shaped exactly like the earth -
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were"
cibol
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #51 on: November 02, 2006, 12:54:14 PM »

you should really work on your timing... use a click or something... its so untight... do yourself a favour, because on the other hand you seem to get the right notes... don't ruin this by beiing utterly out of time ok

Shocked   utterly out of time ?  -   have you ever heard Classic Music, like Bach  ?  do US a favor, listen first then come back talk about  ruining time  ok   and btw,  do you play something?   would you correct Robin's ,  Bach's  ruining time? 

ben9785
« Reply #52 on: November 02, 2006, 07:50:31 PM »

Those are fucking awesome recordings. You guys are great at what you sayI have an ever progressing instrumental of "Better" i'm working on, with horribly ad libbed solos that were as close as i could get to how the original sounds, which aren't close but anyway. I think I'm just going to give up on trying that song while I'm ahead. Keep up the great work all of you
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #53 on: November 03, 2006, 11:15:15 PM »

Thaks ben114. I'll post a new version soon, with better rhythm and solos...

Shocked   utterly out of time ?  -   have you ever heard Classic Music, like Bach  ?  do US a favor, listen first then come back talk about  ruining time  ok   and btw,  do you play something?   would you correct Robin's ,  Bach's  ruining time? 
Thanks honey, always being nice to me...  Kiss Smiley

For this whiny guy...

I may was out of time a little, but to be "utterly" sounds really rude.

BTW, about my guitar sound, you should know it's not made with real amps, but just Amplitube plugin on Adobe Audition. I would have notice this...

All this is just made for fun, not for trying to sound pro. The accoustic was to my gf. The other ones, were just recorded fast enough because I got bored. Also, having to recording with flat guitar and then adding distortion and fx later really takes A LOT of control, but you also didn't want to think about that before acting like a smartass.

Thanks for the "good ear" part, tho. But you should do yourself a favor if you could be nice with people you don't know.

whiny
Rocker

« Reply #54 on: November 05, 2006, 07:33:36 AM »

Shocked? ?utterly out of time ?? -? ?have you ever heard Classic Music, like Bach? ?? do US a favor, listen first then come back talk about? ruining time? ok? ?and btw,? do you play something?? ?would you correct Robin's ,? Bach's? ruining time??

robin is an amazing guitar player; i have always pointed that out; and for bach: the "brandenburgischen konzerte" are in my cd player right now; perfect music for a sunday morning breakfast... but what has bach to do with timing in popular music? yeah, maybe that playing bach to your metronom is one of the best ways to practice beeing "tight" like 80's jeans... 

whiny
Rocker

« Reply #55 on: November 05, 2006, 07:42:47 AM »

Thaks ben114. I'll post a new version soon, with better rhythm and solos...

Shocked? ?utterly out of time ?? -? ?have you ever heard Classic Music, like Bach? ?? do US a favor, listen first then come back talk about? ruining time? ok? ?and btw,? do you play something?? ?would you correct Robin's ,? Bach's? ruining time??
Thanks honey, always being nice to me...? Kiss Smiley

For this whiny guy...

I may was out of time a little, but to be "utterly" sounds really rude.

BTW, about my guitar sound, you should know it's not made with real amps, but just Amplitube plugin on Adobe Audition. I would have notice this...

All this is just made for fun, not for trying to sound pro. The accoustic was to my gf. The other ones, were just recorded fast enough because I got bored. Also, having to recording with flat guitar and then adding distortion and fx later really takes A LOT of control, but you also didn't want to think about that before acting like a smartass.

Thanks for the "good ear" part, tho. But you should do yourself a favor if you could be nice with people you don't know.

sorry, just wanted you to see what you might do better... should have been a constructive critique; there's no use in buttering s.o. up; as i wrote in the e-mail: you seem to be having the right musical feel(ing), but your timing IS really bad; that's a fact; its not about being perfectionistic: but in that quality, what could be a nice approach, is simply ruined; improve your timing and you'll have something really cool to be proud of; that's all i'm saying; besides: you posted this song to be discussed... that's what i did; if i thought it was nothing but shit i would not have taken my time to write to you,

so peace,

whiny

whiny
Rocker

« Reply #56 on: November 05, 2006, 08:09:20 AM »

Also, having to recording with flat guitar and then adding distortion and fx later really takes A LOT of control, but you also didn't want to think about that before acting like a smartass.

and for the smartass: i told you to improve the sound... so i probably did notice it... smoking

ps: art and science is all about criticism.

whiny
Rocker

« Reply #57 on: November 05, 2006, 08:15:43 AM »

and one more post: listen to this guy which played in my band... he used to practice alot to BACH, he also varies the time... but is not out of it... listen to the second half of the clip...

link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZseSo2Qrtpo

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #58 on: November 05, 2006, 10:00:15 AM »

It's funny, really. This is not a fact, it's your opinion. I did show the songs for some other players and asked about the time, because all I could see was recording issues. Of course, they noticed the timing stuff, but not THAT bad like you said. Also, they made it clear how they understand about the recording process I have to make and how this can be bad for tone, bends, sustain and, of course, tempo.

Yeah, of course this is all about criticism. But once again, you fail to understand the main intention here. To put this video of this guy playing just shows how you misunderstood what I said. Funny too how you put the same video in this other thread..

Yeah, the guy is good, is super fast, has technique, bla bla bla. I'm not him. If I'm that bad, just stop listen what I record. But please, stop trying to state your opinions as fact.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2006, 10:22:36 AM by Voodoochild » Logged

whiny
Rocker

« Reply #59 on: November 05, 2006, 11:09:54 AM »

It's funny, really. This is not a fact, it's your opinion. I did show the songs for some other players and asked about the time, because all I could see was recording issues. Of course, they noticed the timing stuff, but not THAT bad like you said. Also, they made it clear how they understand about the recording process I have to make and how this can be bad for tone, bends, sustain and, of course, tempo.

Yeah, of course this is all about criticism. But once again, you fail to understand the main intention here. To put this video of this guy playing just shows how you misunderstood what I said. Funny too how you put the same video in this other thread..

Yeah, the guy is good, is super fast, has technique, bla bla bla. I'm not him. If I'm that bad, just stop listen what I record. But please, stop trying to state your opinions as fact.

o.k:

i could say this: when it comes to measurable things, you can talk about facts, not only opinions; metric is measurable and you can judge "objectively"; 

but i'd rather put it this way: i listened to your rhiad version first: and i thought "wow, this is really a cool guitar riff, never heard it that clearly on the live-versions..."; then i listened to your "better", and i thought, wow, better as an unplugged version shows how great the songwriting in that one is; i heard your voice and thought it was sweet; not perfect but quite touchy; it seemed as an authentic expression of certain feelings that are in this song... i LIKED IT... and thought that it was quite remarkable to get the exact notes, record that and then put a link to it... but although i somewhat liked it, i could not listen to it, because when timing is bad, it's quite like somebody missing the notes all of the time; so i suggested that with your potential this could be much "BETTER"... maybe i was egoistic because I wanted to listen to that unplugged version more often... so take it as a compliment...

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: