Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 03:01:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  July 23rd Manchester MEN Arena...
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: July 23rd Manchester MEN Arena...  (Read 24959 times)
greendog
« Reply #120 on: July 23, 2006, 08:13:08 PM »

funny they havnet played rhiad. that song still must suck.

ive been wondering that too... ive been dieing to hear it... im thinkin they might play it on the last UK date since thats the end of the tour Tongue then again, i could be wrong hehe.

but if it sucks... then why wasnt he told to learn a good song such as Oh My God? (i like it)

i love rhiad, so i want them to play it lol
mikegray
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #121 on: July 23, 2006, 08:13:59 PM »

looks like it could possible be a midnight curfew Sad

It wasn't, the main set wasn't over by midnight! They came on around 10:15 by which time the booing had started (that started after every song from about 10pm) - crowd were generally good, mexican wave went round the arena, lots of girls getting their breasts out (encouraged by the lighting guy who kept putting the spotlight on them!)

Anyway, great show (marred only by the assholes who decided to come and sit next to us in Block 102 after a few songs and talked LOUDER THAN THE FUCKING BAND (how is that even possible?) and refused polite requests to keep it down until they became abusive and I got them thrown back to their own seats) - the guy next to me was definitely bootlegging, although this'll have impacted on his recording some.

Axl seemed in a good mood throughout, and I didn't even spot the technical difficulties, unless you're talking about whatever went wrong in the solo before he went into Don't Cry. He came out to the side of the stage and spoke to someone, then came straight back on and went into DC. The solos weren't greeted particularly warmly where I was (the general attitude was 'ah, time for a toilet break!') but there's nothing like watching a stadium go off when the intro riff to Sweet Child Of Mine is played, for example.

Very little recognition for the new songs - saw one guy singing along to Better and that was about it.

I was surprised at the amount of kids there who weren't even born when Illusion came out, much less Appetite. One kid near me spent some of the time with his hands over his ears, scared of the pyros, he was that young - don't know what his parents were thinking!

Erm, anyway, work tomorrow. Maybe more tomorrow evening. Short video of Patience, too. Smiley

Gah, should sleep but keep thinking of things. Someone threw a Union Jack flag on stage before Patience and Axl wrapped himself in it while he sang.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2006, 08:20:38 PM by mikegray » Logged
evergreen_layne
Rocker

People have waited a long time for this

« Reply #122 on: July 23, 2006, 08:15:25 PM »

Okay that is definitely not the reason they're not playing CITR.

why isnt that the reason?

weve been told what songs Ron has had to learn, and weve seen a photo of a setlist with all song possibilities on it... seems acceptable to me.

Dude - Ron's ability on the guitar has been proven by his solos on TWAT, Better, and IRS. ?I love CITR and haven't heard anything he can't handle. ?Axl doesn't feel like having a live bootleg floating around of it. ?Trust me when its ready its ready. ?I would love to have Brian May on it at Wembley though. ?Holy oh my......

11.08.02 - Tacoma Dome, Tacoma, WA
12.10.06 - Everett Events Center, Everett, WA
12.11.06 - Rose Garden Arena, Portland, OR
greendog
« Reply #123 on: July 23, 2006, 08:17:23 PM »

looks like it could possible be a midnight curfew Sad

It wasn't, the main set wasn't over by midnight!

yeah dude, i know that now Tongue it was when I saw Nightrain... its just easy to assume Paradise City is straight after that. but then i was proven wrong Smiley thankfully hehe, glad you had an awesome time.
greendog
« Reply #124 on: July 23, 2006, 08:20:31 PM »

weve been told what songs Ron has had to learn, and weve seen a photo of a setlist with all song possibilities on it... seems acceptable to me.

Dude - Ron's ability on the guitar has been proven by his solos on TWAT, Better, and IRS. ?I love CITR and haven't heard anything he can't handle. ?Axl doesn't feel like having a live bootleg floating around of it. ?Trust me when its ready its ready. ?I would love to have Brian May on it at Wembley though. ?Holy oh my......

I know damn well Rons ability has been proven... that isnt even my argument about it not been played... my reason is that he hasnt been given it to learn... now from that, there could be a million reasons why that is.. but the fact is:

he hasnt been told to learn it
so he cant play it
so the band cant play it
so it wont be played...

you get where im coming from now?

im not questioning his musical ability at all.

EDIT:

Whatever Finck can do... Ron can do better Tongue

but that isnt hard Tongue
« Last Edit: July 23, 2006, 08:23:02 PM by greendog » Logged
evergreen_layne
Rocker

« Reply #125 on: July 23, 2006, 08:23:47 PM »

Dude - Ron's ability on the guitar has been proven by his solos on TWAT, Better, and IRS.? I love CITR and haven't heard anything he can't handle.? Axl doesn't feel like having a live bootleg floating around of it.? Trust me when its ready its ready.? I would love to have Brian May on it at Wembley though.? Holy oh my......

I know damn well Rons ability has been proven... that isnt even my argument about it not been played... my reason is that he hasnt been given it to learn... now from that, there could be a million reasons why that is.. but the fact is:

he hasnt been told to learn it
so he cant play it
so the band cant play it
so it wont be played...

you get where im coming from now?

im not questioning his musical ability at all.

Okay to all your points but I just feel like you're questioning Ron's ability.? When you say "the band can't play it" it seems like you're attacking their credibiliby.? And I do believe they can play it as they are the ones playing it on the leaked version minus Brian May's contribution.? I honestly believe Bumble can play most if not all of Chinese Democracy
« Last Edit: July 23, 2006, 08:27:01 PM by evergreen_layne » Logged

greendog
« Reply #126 on: July 23, 2006, 08:30:05 PM »

Okay to all your points but I just feel like you're questioning Ron's ability.? When you say "the band can't play it" it seems like you're attacking their credibiliby.? And I do believe they can play it as they are the ones playing it on the leaked version minus Brian May's contribution.? I honestly believe Bumble can play most if not all of Chinese Democracy

i said the band cant play it... because if Ron cant play it (because he hasnt had it to learn like the others) then the band as a whole cant play it because Rons part wouldnt be in the song and the BAND wouldnt play a song without all the possible parts.

thats all im saying. trust me, the new band are the fucking shit. and ron is amazing... but how can he play something that he hasnt been told to learn yet?

ofcourse, things could have changed, but the fact is, they aint gonna be playing anymore songs than what they already have because of bootleggers so what would be the point in Ron learning anymore than them few songs he was told to?

you get what im saying now? Smiley  beer
agropolus
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #127 on: July 23, 2006, 08:35:16 PM »

I was surprised at the amount of kids there who weren't even born when Illusion came out, much less Appetite. One kid near me spent some of the time with his hands over his ears, scared of the pyros, he was that young - don't know what his parents were thinking!

Dude, I think I would kick that kid's ass if I saw that, he must be 12 years old or something like that, they shouldn't allow children in Gn'R shows...
samoice
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #128 on: July 23, 2006, 08:37:01 PM »

pyros?

I was there!!

Reading 2010
The O2 Arena October 13th 2010
The O2 Arena May 31st 2012 - OMG IT WAS AMAZING X10000000 Smiley
greendog
« Reply #129 on: July 23, 2006, 08:37:25 PM »

Dude, I think I would kick that kid's ass if I saw that, he must be 12 years old or something like that, they shouldn't allow children in Gn'R shows...

why? its an awesome experience!

id have loved it been a GnR fan all my life Smiley
greendog
« Reply #130 on: July 23, 2006, 08:38:08 PM »

pyros?
you know... "BOOOOOOM"  hihi
evergreen_layne
Rocker

« Reply #131 on: July 23, 2006, 08:46:57 PM »

i said the band cant play it... because if Ron cant play it (because he hasnt had it to learn like the others) then the band as a whole cant play it because Rons part wouldnt be in the song and the BAND wouldnt play a song without all the possible parts.

thats all im saying. trust me, the new band are the fucking shit. and ron is amazing... but how can he play something that he hasnt been told to learn yet?

ofcourse, things could have changed, but the fact is, they aint gonna be playing anymore songs than what they already have because of bootleggers so what would be the point in Ron learning anymore than them few songs he was told to?

you get what im saying now? Smiley beer

Yeah man I get what you're saying and? beer to you.? But just because we haven't heard the band play it doesn't mean they can't play it.? ?beer  I feel like we're on the same page (no pun intended).  They have more weapons in their aresenal.  All questions will be answered soon.   yes
« Last Edit: July 23, 2006, 08:48:59 PM by evergreen_layne » Logged

agropolus
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #132 on: July 23, 2006, 08:49:17 PM »

Me too, but if you can't stand loud sound and pyros then you're a sissy and rock n roll is not for you, lol
greendog
« Reply #133 on: July 23, 2006, 08:54:14 PM »

Me too, but if you can't stand loud sound and pyros then you're a sissy and rock n roll is not for you, lol

HAHA Amen my friend Smiley
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #134 on: July 23, 2006, 09:49:56 PM »

just got home from the show and what can i say.....FUCKIN WOW!!!!

from where i was sitting every solo and every song got a excellent reception.Axl was in a great fukin mood and the show seemed to rock the whole arena.there were a few boos before but as soon as the show started that all stopped.a BIG thanx to all the girls gettin naked before the show for some entertainment  drool  hihi .the mexican wave went down well and oh,yes,did anybody see me get roped into changing some womans car tyre for her right outside the arena just before everyone went in.i was covered in black dust n shit off the wheel so i had to go and get a wash in the train station,i too fukin soft  yes .that was definetly the best show ive been to.

oh and another thing,i have the whole show on AUDIO which ill be uploading in the next couple of days,gotta be up for work in 3 hours so no time to do it now

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
GNFNR_UK
Rocker

I want to believe...

« Reply #135 on: July 23, 2006, 09:55:25 PM »

I just got back!!

What can I say?!! ? It was amazing!! I can truly say that was the best show I have ever seen and well worth the wait.

Everything about it was spectacular, the setlist was great, the band seemed in REALLY good spirits with plenty of smiles from Axl and Bumblefoot and the crowd were, for the most part, cool and well behaved (not too much shit being thrown).

Anyway, We got down to the floor early so we could get a decent spot, we managed to get just left of the stage only feet away from the front. The first support band came on, a few people were nodding there heads but overall no one seemed overly impressed! The singer sounded like a bad Jonny Rotten wannabe. I think most were thankful when their set came to an end.
After this there was a brief interval and Bullet For My Valentine hit the stage. Alhough not a fan of them myself, a lot of people were singing the words and appeared to be enjoying their set. I thought the guitar work was good on some of the songs, pity about the vocals though.
After this there was a wait that seemed like an eternity, i'm not sure exactly how long it was but people were becoming frustrated and the heat definately wasn't helping! A few booos started here and there, along with the usual 'We want Slash' chant. A few girls were trying to outdo each other for the loudest cheer by showing their breasts! This made the wait a little easier to cope with nevertheless ?hihi
Then it happened! The lights went down, the eerie music started over the PA, the opening riff from WTTJ cried out and Axl appears in the darkness, 'DO YOU KNOW WHERE THE FUCK YOU ARE!!??' The lights come on and the crowd go nuts! Axl is wearing shades and chewing gum like the true rockstar that he is!
After a few songs he commented on how he was told by his tour manager (?) that the venue was special and that he thought we were an amazing crowd, to which he got lots of cheers and an 'AXL, AXL, AXL' chant he then smiled and thanked us! During 'Patience' I noticed something was thrown on the stage, Axl walks over to investigate while still singing and picks it up, it's a Union Jack flag!! He held it open for the crowd and then wrapped it around himself Mick Jagger style!!! The crowd loved it!!
There was a slight technical problem during Ron's solo where he was playing but there was no sound, then to make things worse he tried to tell us something over the mic, but that didn't work either! After this was sorted he played 'Don't Cry' and the crowd sang along, Bumble gave us the thumbs up! He seems like a really cool guy.
We were treated to a decent amount of new songs, a few were singing along but a lot of the crowd obv hadn't heard the leaks. 'Madagascar' was played during the encore, I had hoped they would play it, after seeing it on countless bootleg DVD's it was good to finally experience it (Visuals and all) for myself!

A few other highlights (while it's still fresh in my memory!) :

-'Take that one to your ENGLISH hearts' at the end of Out To Get Me
-Izzy joining them onstage!!!!
-Axl between songs - 'We haven't slept for 2 days, Richard hasn't slep cos he was working on a song, I didn't sleep last night cos I was workin on...Something, I can't remember her name...But I can tell you I worked damn hard' LMAO!!
-Finally getting to see Axl perform 'November Rain', goosebumps on my arms!!
-The confetti and pyro during Paradise City
-Axl telling us to 'Take care and have a safe journey home' at the end of the show, fuck what people might think of him ? or say, tonight he was full of smiles and showed the crowd a lot of love.

Sorry if i'm rambling and if the post doesn't make great sense! ?i'm bound to have forgotten a few other things but i'm exhausted! 10/10 show!!

Thankyou and good FUCKING night!!!!!!!!!!

*EDIT* Forgot to say, got some cool photos on the digicam, will try and get them up 2moz for you guys  ok

« Last Edit: July 23, 2006, 09:57:10 PM by GNFNR_UK » Logged

'This is just a horrible divorce, now he (Axl) is looking for a new wife.  His ex wife, Duff and Slash, are remarried and happy' - Smoking Guns on the break up of the original GNR.
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #136 on: July 23, 2006, 10:00:32 PM »

"-Axl between songs - 'We haven't slept for 2 days, Richard hasn't slep cos he was working on a song, I didn't sleep last night cos I was workin on...Something, I can't remember her name...But I can tell you I worked damn hard'"

Thats fucking classic. Axl is the man.  rofl
odd1
Banned
Rocker

The storm is getting CLOSER !!!

« Reply #137 on: July 23, 2006, 10:04:52 PM »

Thanks for the reviews guys, seems like akick-ass show as usual.
Glad you you enjoyed yourselfs ok ok beer
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #138 on: July 23, 2006, 10:10:10 PM »

"-Axl between songs - 'We haven't slept for 2 days, Richard hasn't slep cos he was working on a song, I didn't sleep last night cos I was workin on...Something, I can't remember her name...But I can tell you I worked damn hard'"

Thats fucking classic. Axl is the man.? rofl

haha, the man still has it

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Aquila
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #139 on: July 23, 2006, 10:11:05 PM »

Any pics yet?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: