Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:27:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  What Happened to this Section?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: What Happened to this Section?  (Read 8529 times)
Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« on: July 24, 2006, 09:57:05 PM »

I haven't visited this section of the forum in a long while.? Just hasn't been worth it without the political discussions.? Well today I decide to visit for the hell of it, and I see that the great vibrant, colorful political discussions we used to war over here have been replaced with people airing their ridiculous drama shit like "my husband is a cheat" or "my daughter does crack" or "I want to leave my boyfriend but I don't know how".? I just think its a real shame that this used to be a great part of this forum to come discuss and argue about important issues, and now its basically Dr. Phil's house for the depressed and distressed.? No offense to people who have real problems, but I just miss discussing things that are important.? I mean do we really care about the problems of total strangers?? I know I don't.
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2006, 10:02:52 PM »

It's better than nothing.

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
journey
Moondancer
Legend

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2006, 10:26:21 PM »

If you don't care about 'total strangers' then why do you want to discuss the members of a rock band? Do you know them personally?

The reason politics aren't being discussed, is because people end up losing respect and calling each other names. Also, not everybody is into discussing politics, religion, etc... Our lives are consumed with talks of war and gas prices and everything else that raises the blood pressure. Sometimes it's nice to get away from it for a while.

On the other hand, there are some people on this forum with serious things going on in their lives and they need all the support they can get. And they're not such total strangers.

WeHeldTogether
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2006, 10:33:59 PM »

Wow, you really don't care if someone's daughter is on drugs?  Pretty sad...
SuperMike
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2006, 11:00:27 PM »

Maybe counselors charge too much.
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2006, 11:12:51 PM »

Wow, you really don't care if someone's daughter is on drugs?  Pretty sad...

Ah come on, you know what this guy is TRYING to say. Don't give him such a hard time.  hihi

Anyways, I don't mind the board without politics. It's incredibly frustrating to see how people act and treat each other. Almost everybody who says "I can act civilized.. too bad theres those crazy (insert: liberals/right wings)" is a part of the problem. Civilized until "something was out of line" or "well what he said was just stupid" is more like it  Undecided.

I don't think the board is a good place for civilized politics... but hell, alot of people liked it... so who knows. People just don't know how to aurgue properly through restraint and respect. Part of doing this is learning how to get hit without hitting back. If the majority of people could do that then politics would be discussed here with no problem... too often the excuse is "he started it" or the other examples I used ("they were out of line" or "well what he said was just stupid")

O well. I'd say maybe put in a child board.. but Jarmo doesn't seem to want that.

gnrevolution.com
MCT
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2006, 11:14:52 PM »

I haven't visited this section of the forum in a long while.? Just hasn't been worth it without the political discussions.? Well today I decide to visit for the hell of it, and I see that the great vibrant, colorful political discussions we used to war over here have been replaced with people airing their ridiculous drama shit like "my husband is a cheat" or "my daughter does crack" or "I want to leave my boyfriend but I don't know how".? I just think its a real shame that this used to be a great part of this forum to come discuss and argue about important issues, and now its basically Dr. Phil's house for the depressed and distressed.? No offense to people who have real problems, but I just miss discussing things that are important.? I mean do we really care about the problems of total strangers?? I know I don't.

You're on the right track there you little beast, but let me be the first to say, ahem...STOOOPID!!!

You see, by devaluing the establishment you devalue the people who operate within the establishment. An antithetical disposition when considering your own motives, no?

But all the same, thanks for bringing it up! With any luck your cheap post'll help foster some real discussion on a real issue.*

* See - Jack and journey.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2006, 11:24:31 PM by MCT » Logged
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2006, 11:25:02 PM »

I haven't visited this section of the forum in a long while.  Just hasn't been worth it without the political discussions.  Well today I decide to visit for the hell of it, and I see that the great vibrant, colorful political discussions we used to war over here have been replaced with people airing their ridiculous drama shit like "my husband is a cheat" or "my daughter does crack" or "I want to leave my boyfriend but I don't know how".  I just think its a real shame that this used to be a great part of this forum to come discuss and argue about important issues, and now its basically Dr. Phil's house for the depressed and distressed.  No offense to people who have real problems, but I just miss discussing things that are important.  I mean do we really care about the problems of total strangers?  I know I don't.

Quite whining like a little bitch with a boo boo on your knee .Cause you can?t talk about politics .

those topics you list are of importance .Maybe not to you but to those who started them.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2006, 12:34:39 AM by Timothy » Logged

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
pebbles
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2006, 11:29:52 PM »

Fuck you,  and  fuck your fucking boring ass politics
« Last Edit: July 24, 2006, 11:32:42 PM by pebbles » Logged
SLCPUNK
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2006, 11:31:22 PM »

I haven't visited this section of the forum in a long while.  Just hasn't been worth it without the political discussions.  Well today I decide to visit for the hell of it, and I see that the great vibrant, colorful political discussions we used to war over here have been replaced with people airing their ridiculous drama shit like "my husband is a cheat" or "my daughter does crack" or "I want to leave my boyfriend but I don't know how".  I just think its a real shame that this used to be a great part of this forum to come discuss and argue about important issues, and now its basically Dr. Phil's house for the depressed and distressed.  No offense to people who have real problems, but I just miss discussing things that are important.  I mean do we really care about the problems of total strangers?  I know I don't.
Fuck you, no one cares if you even come back here!

That about sums it all up.................
Evolution
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2006, 11:42:03 PM »

I think Prettytiedup opened a possible floodgate, but a positive one.

How can someone sharing their problems on an "anonymous as you want" basis and finding some help a bad thing?
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2006, 12:24:58 AM »

While I don't mind the personal things people write about, I do miss the political/current events stuff too.  But with having so many fans from so many different parts of the world, politics can be kind of a tricky subject on a board like this.  The real shame is all it takes is one bad apple to get a good thread closed.

The real shame is people can't have an intelligent convo without cursing at each other and getting ugly.

There are PLENTY of other places for political/news chat though....just look around the net and you can find them.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2006, 12:30:32 AM »

I for one know how important the comfort of strangers is.

This board got me through tons of bad times in my life.

Its easier talkin about your problems with strangers than it is with people u know.

strangers dont judge u or gossip about u like people u are acquaintances with would.

If the girl whose daughter was datin the dude on crack was to tell her friends about it, they'd gossip it all over town and her business would be known by all.

On a message forum u can vent, get advice while staying completely anonymous.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2006, 01:38:38 AM »

The real shame is all it takes is one bad apple to get a good thread closed.

you got that straight ! Smiley

-Jack-, nice avatar !

The Dog
Legend

« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2006, 01:44:48 AM »

-Jack-, nice avatar !

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2006, 02:14:37 AM »

-Jack-, nice avatar !

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

It's raining cats and dogs !

Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2006, 03:12:02 AM »

Call me crazy, but I prefer someone having some real prolbems to some boring "What went wrong in iraq?" or "Which is better, Bushes sideprofile in bright sun or his political views?" anyday.

"The real reason a man hits on a girl - is to fight masturbation."
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2006, 03:14:52 AM »

-Jack-, nice avatar !

Mmm thank you sir. When I saw it I was like "awesome!"  hihi

Call me crazy, but I prefer someone having some real prolbems to some boring "What went wrong in iraq?" or "Which is better, Bushes sideprofile in bright sun or his political views?" anyday.

Cha, good point.

gnrevolution.com
Shirell
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2006, 03:49:51 AM »

I'm real sorry that I'm boring you with my problems.? I do care about what's going on out there in the world but I have problems in my own world at the moment.? I'm pleased for you that you obviously have a great support network around you and that you don't need to seek counsel and advice from people here. For a very long time in my life I've had noone else I could tell about whats been happening to me.? This is not the first time he's behaved this way but it will be the last.? I cant talk to my family about most of this because my mums catholic and there is no way she will even hear the word 'abortion'.? My sister is a health visitor she used to be a midwife so draw your own conclusions on that one.? I have a couple of friends who will say just one thing (sorry Kerry) just get rid of it.? My 'old school' aunt thinks I should take him back because "he's your husband" she thinks that gives him the right to treat me like shit as long as he doesnt kill or disfigure me.? So who else can I talk to?? You tell me and I'll go away.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2006, 04:05:40 AM by Prettytiedup » Logged
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2006, 04:20:11 AM »

People must be very desperate if they come here to get some help for serious problems.. but I don't care, I can just shut The Jungle off and concentrate to what this board really is about.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: