Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 12:48:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  RUMOR: Rocky balboa soundtrack?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: RUMOR: Rocky balboa soundtrack?  (Read 24500 times)
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #80 on: September 07, 2006, 08:58:10 AM »

Rocky soundtracks have always been awesome and very, very successfull. Remember that band called Survivor.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
GNFNRAXL
« Reply #81 on: September 07, 2006, 09:01:20 AM »

Rocky soundtracks have always been awesome and very, very successfull. Remember that band called Survivor.

Yeah but the problem is....  They were all one hit wonders!  I love Rocky and I can't wait to see this movie.  But I do not want GNR in that soundtrack.
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #82 on: September 07, 2006, 09:28:13 AM »

Somehow I don't think it's good for GN'R to be in Rocky Balboa's soundtrack no

I don't think this movie will be groundbreaking. But then, we never know right ?

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #83 on: September 07, 2006, 10:01:14 AM »

we should all remember that this could just be a rumour.. and it would not surprise me if it was, someone can have gotten the idea of starting this rumour because of the t-shirt with rambo and the banner that said "welcome to the jungle"

but if it's real it would be cool yes
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #84 on: September 07, 2006, 10:39:52 AM »

we should all remember that this could just be a rumour.. and it would not surprise me if it was, someone can have gotten the idea of starting this rumour because of the t-shirt with rambo and the banner that said "welcome to the jungle"

I think I first heard this rumor around June or so. Then the Rocky trailer came out two weeks ago, I watched it just to see if there was any GNR music in the background; none. The other day I was watching CNN Headline News and they were talking a little bit about the movie. They got on to the subject of the soundtrack so I turned it up and paid attention. They only mentioned that it would be "filled with alot of todays biggest music acts" the only one they mentioned by name was Natashia Beddingfeild. They said she is singing the "Theme Song", no mention of GNR at any point for what it's worth.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #85 on: September 07, 2006, 10:55:27 AM »

I think I first heard this rumor around June or so. Then the Rocky trailer came out two weeks ago, I watched it just to see if there was any GNR music in the background; none. The other day I was watching CNN Headline News and they were talking a little bit about the movie. They got on to the subject of the soundtrack so I turned it up and paid attention. They only mentioned that it would be "filled with alot of todays biggest music acts" the only one they mentioned by name was Natashia Beddingfeild. They said she is singing the "Theme Song", no mention of GNR at any point for what it's worth.

okey then
deanaxlrose
Rocker

Hey, where's my Avatar ?

« Reply #86 on: September 07, 2006, 11:02:57 AM »

if its true.Chinesse democracy will fit to this movie.
Rocky 6 doesnt need bigger opponents.
bring it on... JET LI! ok

My life is so Fuckin' Boring...Until The Chinese Democracy Comes.
Yesterday
Rocker

"It seems like forever and a day....."

« Reply #87 on: September 07, 2006, 11:09:07 AM »

The script is pretty well written.
I think it will be a success, "Rocky" not boxing in the ring in part 5 was lame, and there were script changes. (ie: he died in one of the scripts.)  Also alot of people like the Rocky movies, but yes there will be the jokes about him being 60 and boxing.  Um, George Foreman was in his 50's when he last boxed.  Oh and the Stallone can't act thing is funny too.  Sure there was Stop or my mom will shoot.  But what about the original Rocky and IMO the best movie he has done Cop Land.  I think a song on the soundtrack would be a great way for Gn'R to get some exposure here in the US.  Do I think it will happen, maybe. Stallone is friends with Arnold and the Governator loves Gn'R and Axl.?

Time just fades the pages in my book of memories...
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #88 on: September 07, 2006, 11:10:40 AM »

another box office hopeful another GnR soundtrack rumor Roll Eyes ...arghh when will it end hihi

Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #89 on: September 07, 2006, 11:49:28 AM »

Somehow I don't think it's good for GN'R to be in Rocky Balboa's soundtrack no

I don't think this movie will be groundbreaking. But then, we never know right ?

Certaintly not as groundbreaking as Big Daddy.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
RR Mafia
Headliner

« Reply #90 on: September 07, 2006, 05:33:51 PM »

I really think this Rocky movie is going to be great. I saw the trailer and it lookes like it is done well,  along the same lines as the first 4. They should have never made part 5.  It didnt look like the others and the plot was wack.   

What they should do now is remove part 5 from the franchise and act like it never existed.

As far as Gnr being on the sound track, man I dont know.  I wouldn't complain, but I dont know if it would be cool. no peace
SINSHINE
VIP

"I knew the storm was getting closer!"

« Reply #91 on: September 07, 2006, 05:57:16 PM »

I think someone mentioned this earlier, but Madagascar would be a nice fit here for this underdog story.

"You could have a steam train...if you'd just lay down your tracks!" - P. Gabriel
GNRSANDMAN
Rocker

Bring it Axl

« Reply #92 on: September 07, 2006, 06:05:49 PM »

I really think this Rocky movie is going to be great. I saw the trailer and it lookes like it is done well,? along the same lines as the first 4. They should have never made part 5.? It didnt look like the others and the plot was wack.? ?

What they should do now is remove part 5 from the franchise and act like it never existed.

As far as Gnr being on the sound track, man I dont know.? I wouldn't complain, but I dont know if it would be cool. no peace

First 4 were great.  Especially 1 (of course) and 4, IMO.  I never even saw 5 after the reviews were horrible.

CD or no CD, THAT is the question?Huh?
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #93 on: September 07, 2006, 06:33:35 PM »

I really think this Rocky movie is going to be great. I saw the trailer and it lookes like it is done well,? along the same lines as the first 4. They should have never made part 5.? It didnt look like the others and the plot was wack.? ?

As far as Gnr being on the sound track, man I dont know.? I wouldn't complain, but I dont know if it would be cool. no peace

First 4 were great.? Especially 1 (of course) and 4, IMO.? I never even saw 5 after the reviews were horrible.

I loved 5. I'm always quoting it "Hey you knocked him down. Why don't you try knocking me down?"

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #94 on: September 07, 2006, 06:40:49 PM »

I think a GNR song would be awesome on the soundtrack, however there is already alot of great Rocky music, they ll probably just recycle some songs

themovieaddict.com
« Reply #95 on: September 07, 2006, 07:09:56 PM »

FAKE.

No, seriously, fake. There's no way. If GN'R is going to break the silence with a single for a film or just to include a song in a film (minus a single) it would not be for something low-budget like Rocky Balboa.

And yes, it's a low-budget picture, because Rocky V was a flop and Stallone fought to get a distributor for this flick. GN'R would cost top dollar.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: