Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 11:40:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Do you think CD will "save" rock n roll?
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Do you think CD will "save" rock n roll?  (Read 11764 times)
VolcomStone
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2006, 04:42:40 PM »

for you, it won't.  that's because you're nostalgic for 80's metal and early 90's grunge.  different people like different musical eras.  personally, i like the current music scene better than anything else.

If you wake up at a different time, in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?
Gargh!
Rocker

Danny Cockroach

« Reply #41 on: August 03, 2006, 07:09:05 PM »

I'm not so sure, people talk about the 80s being halcyon days for rock music, but was that not when the charts were ruled by Duran Duran, Culture Club, Abba, Run DMC, Bryan Adams etc?   In the 80s rock fans probably harped back to the good ol' 70s, a decade in which rock fans complained about Bootsy Colllins, soul and Wings style stadium pop and wished they lived in the 60s.  You get my picture?

Welcome to the ZooFarm: www.myspace.com/dannycockrach

Please check us out and leave us some feedback.  If you live near us, it'd be great to see you at a show or something.  Rock on!
G n R Fan 87-06
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2006, 07:35:18 PM »

it won't save rock n roll has that does'nt need saved but it will put g n r back at the top of the rock world hihi beer
VolcomStone
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2006, 10:33:59 PM »

exactly gargh... although i'm more a fan of current alternative and indie music, i have to say that today's pop music is 1000x more listenable than that shit that owned the charts in the 70s and 80s.  Yeah those eras had some good rock music, but there was a lot of really really bad music too.  With just about everything, people remember what they want to remember and thus see the past as something better than the present.

If you wake up at a different time, in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?
Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #44 on: August 04, 2006, 12:58:44 AM »

exactly gargh... although i'm more a fan of current alternative and indie music, i have to say that today's pop music is 1000x more listenable than that shit that owned the charts in the 70s and 80s.?
Are you standing up for today's pop music because Fortus played with N'Sync and Nena ? hihi
« Last Edit: August 04, 2006, 01:09:25 AM by Slashead » Logged

I'll download it !
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #45 on: August 04, 2006, 01:56:52 AM »

for you, it won't.? that's because you're nostalgic for 80's metal and early 90's grunge.? different people like different musical eras.? personally, i like the current music scene better than anything else.

the question was will it bring back rock, and it won't.. Those two eras were the last big movements in rock.. One band today one it's last leg is not going to save rock and roll.. You need an album anyways
VolcomStone
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #46 on: August 04, 2006, 10:50:36 AM »

the 50's and 60's were big for rock n roll?  most would consider elvis, chuck berry, the beatles, and woodstock to be very important.  in fact, a lot of people would consider most 80's music an embarrassment to music in general.  that isn't to say there were a lot of good bands in that era.  my point is, in 10-15 years people will be saying, "man, music just isn't as good as it was ten years ago".

GNVR
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #47 on: August 05, 2006, 05:05:05 PM »

Chinese Democracy will save rock n' roll about as much as Green Day saved it with American Idiot...  Roll Eyes
Bumblefeet
Rocker

"The fuckin fighting Irish"-Axl 9/6/06

« Reply #48 on: August 13, 2006, 09:56:26 AM »

for me.....................it already has!!!!!

Oh My God, you can't deny this...it's fuckin coming!!!
novemberparadise23
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #49 on: August 16, 2006, 02:15:12 PM »

if it is as good as im expecting it to be yes

"life sucks, but in a really beautiful kind of way."
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #50 on: August 17, 2006, 03:29:19 AM »

if it is as good as im expecting it to be yes

people really are dreaming.. even if cd is very solid it won't "save" ANYTHING .. I saw AI mentioned by green day.. Kind of had it's big year, saved them at least, but now it's like whatever,,, What afd did in 87-88 is highly unlikely to happen for rock in 06.. Age, new band same name, the fact the era is over with guns n roses are all things that weren't the case back when gnr was new.. The world fell in love with original gnr now it's just the tail end of their fame from the past that the new is living off.. Back then it took the band to make afd and hitt he world hard, everyone loved diferent members, guitar rock plus great vocals... Now we have a gnr that could have been done by anybody plus axl and the name and it would have done the same.. That is carry over love from the past.. I know people just think everyone lovews the new band, it's more they love axl, love the gnr name, and love those classic tunes
Dr_Sweden
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #51 on: August 20, 2006, 08:21:29 AM »

It won't "save" rock n roll ..... i think the record will be good and sell alot of copies .... but i think the media gonna give it very bad reviews .......
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: