Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 08:46:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228062 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Longest stay on the Billboard 200 since 1999
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Longest stay on the Billboard 200 since 1999  (Read 21652 times)
axleu
« Reply #60 on: September 07, 2006, 11:43:31 AM »

78 71 Guns N' Roses Greatest Hits
Geffen   |  001714   |  Interscope
    Peak:3 RIAA3 Wks On:128 
axleu
« Reply #61 on: September 08, 2006, 05:19:03 PM »

Sorry, just my two cents: ?

122 BON JOVI HAVE A NICE DAY 7,241 -9 7,950 1,248,552

64 GUNS N'ROSES GREATEST HITS 13,195 -1 13,323 3,093,530

An it was about a month ago, the GH is still in the top 100 (128th week !).

One album was heavily promoted and featured NEW songs, the other has been put out against the will of the members (actual and ex) of the band.

One band made tons of records, tours, promotions, video clips for more than 20 years, the other has put out only four real LPs, one EP, one double live album and one compilation. This band has only been active for like 9 years and sold about 85 or 90 millions albums.

I might be alone, but GN?R?s short but awesome carreer impresses me way more than BJ?s one !
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #62 on: September 08, 2006, 05:23:45 PM »

yeah, the old band (with SLASH, DUFF, IZZY, GILBY etc...) was one of the most important band in History. It still prooves how legendary they are.
If they reformed, they would be even bigger than U2... we all want it to happen... we all want a reunion... it's THE absolute GN'R dream of every GN'R fan... too bad Axl doesn't want it Undecided
« Last Edit: September 08, 2006, 05:38:08 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #63 on: September 08, 2006, 05:35:14 PM »

Sorry, just my two cents: ?

122 BON JOVI HAVE A NICE DAY 7,241 -9 7,950 1,248,552

64 GUNS N'ROSES GREATEST HITS 13,195 -1 13,323 3,093,530

An it was about a month ago, the GH is still in the top 100 (128th week !).

One album was heavily promoted and featured NEW songs, the other has been put out against the will of the members (actual and ex) of the band.

One band made tons of records, tours, promotions, video clips for more than 20 years, the other has put out only four real LPs, one EP, one double live album and one compilation. This band has only been active for like 9 years and sold about 85 or 90 millions albums.

I might be alone, but GN?R?s short but awesome carreer impresses me way more than BJ?s one !

you're right,but it is very sad because gnr have only 2 real albums,they had a potential to be the biggest band ever

I have never seen so many tree
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #64 on: September 08, 2006, 05:37:20 PM »

They have 3 real albums: afd, use your illusion 1, use your illusion 2.
Use your illusion lp's are 2 albums, not 1.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #65 on: September 08, 2006, 06:47:24 PM »

we all want it to happen... we all want a reunion... it's THE absolute GN'R dream of every GN'R fan... too bad Axl doesn't want it Undecided

Who made you the spokesperson for the fans? I can definitely say you're not talking for me.

The "dream of every GN'R fan" should be to have happy current and former band members.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Bono
« Reply #66 on: September 08, 2006, 07:00:03 PM »

we all want it to happen... we all want a reunion... it's THE absolute GN'R dream of every GN'R fan... too bad Axl doesn't want it Undecided

Who made you the spokesperson for the fans? I can definitely say you're not talking for me.

The "dream of every GN'R fan" should be to have happy current and former band members.

/jarmo

Well Jarmo who are you to speak on behalf of the fans telling them what they should want? rofl I'm with nesquick on this one. get CD outta the way and move on to the reunion negotiations. The genreal public would rather have a reunion, half the fans on these boards would rather have a reunion and I'd be willing to bet most peeople in the music industry would rather have a reunion. So in my opinion you're in the minority here Jarmo. Not that, tha's a bad thing. I'm not so sure I'd agree with nesquick about Gn'R being bigger than U2. There's a real good arguement as to who was bigger in the early 90's(I think Gn'R were bigger but it's close) but part of me thinks too much time has past for Gn'R to ever reach those heights again with or without a reunion. It would be awesome though. ok
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #67 on: September 08, 2006, 07:29:21 PM »

As far as I know, GN'R has never been about pleasing "the general public".

There's plenty of artists out there who've made a career out of pleasing that crowd.

You two can take your reunion daydreams to the Dead Horse section.  ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #68 on: September 08, 2006, 07:48:03 PM »

I usually always check out the GN'R section at my local Tower, and all the GN'R albums have been flying off the shelves, you can't even find a Greatest Hits album, they are usually out of stock.  drool
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #69 on: September 08, 2006, 07:51:35 PM »

I usually always check out the GN'R section at my local Tower, and all the GN'R albums have been flying off the shelves, you can't even find a Greatest Hits album, they are usually out of stock.? drool

People are dying for good rock songs these days.

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #70 on: September 08, 2006, 09:10:48 PM »

The thought of reunion makes me want to vomit.  Why oh why do folks so into the old band hang around?  I don't get it.  Oh well, I won't let it get me down.  Congrats to "Greatest Hits," even though we all know here, those aren't the greatest GNR hits.  Wink

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #71 on: September 09, 2006, 02:00:04 AM »

The thought of reunion makes me want to vomit.  Why oh why do folks so into the old band hang around?  I don't get it.  Oh well, I won't let it get me down.  Congrats to "Greatest Hits," even though we all know here, those aren't the greatest GNR hits.  Wink

me too.  fuck a reunion.  and fuck people who think they are speaking 'on behalf of GNR fans'.   the old band was great but its history and those guys all left for their own reasons, so its what was meant to happen.    yes   to the future..
axleu
« Reply #72 on: September 09, 2006, 02:31:39 AM »

/jarmo

+1!

I REALLY don't want an artificial reunion only for the fuckin' money (Sex pistols, anyone?)!!!!! I don't care about Velvet revolver (bought and sold the album a few months later, Slash just doesn't do it for me anymore...sorry!) and I love the new band, I hope they'll stay together for at least a few years and two or three albums!
gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #73 on: September 09, 2006, 02:40:45 AM »

I don't want reunion,because they won't to say nothing new
I think Axl vision of gnr in next years are impresive,and i'm a big fan of this band

Mattattack
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #74 on: September 09, 2006, 03:23:53 AM »

I hope they never reunite myself. I don't believe old GnR could ever recapture the magic they once had, and it would just be a nostalgia thing. GnR was bigger than U2 by the way. U2 has just outlasted every band, and sucked so much industry dick, that they've become the biggest band. If Oasis kissed ass and acted like corporate whores like U2, they would be the biggest band in the world right now. Oh well, after hearing Axl's new material I'm convinced he'll take GnR right back to number one, thank god.
gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #75 on: September 09, 2006, 09:56:04 AM »

I hope they never reunite myself. I don't believe old GnR could ever recapture the magic they once had, and it would just be a nostalgia thing. GnR was bigger than U2 by the way. U2 has just outlasted every band, and sucked so much industry dick, that they've become the biggest band. If Oasis kissed ass and acted like corporate whores like U2, they would be the biggest band in the world right now. Oh well, after hearing Axl's new material I'm convinced he'll take GnR right back to number one, thank god.

totally agree with you,gnr have been band "who have said something",u2 are commercial band and Bono is one of the most stuppiest guys ever,he told a lot of shit from some nations without any reason(only reason why he said that were tony bler and lady de)

Axk is the man

Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #76 on: September 09, 2006, 03:17:39 PM »

totally agree with you,gnr have been band "who have said something",u2 are commercial band and Bono is one of the most stuppiest guys ever,he told a lot of shit from some nations without any reason(only reason why he said that were tony bler and lady de)

Axk is the man

Are you serious?

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #77 on: September 09, 2006, 09:31:59 PM »

Axk is the man

The irony  Roll Eyes

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
SkiX
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #78 on: September 09, 2006, 11:25:08 PM »

Axk is the man

The irony? Roll Eyes
rofl
Anyway, I agree...Axk Axl is the man!
axleu
« Reply #79 on: September 28, 2006, 10:52:28 AM »

83 91 Guns N' Roses Greatest Hits
Geffen   |  001714   |  Interscope
     Peak:3 RIAA3 Wks On:131 
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: