Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 11:35:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227963 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The European Tour through the eyes of this really handsome but humble Greek...
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: The European Tour through the eyes of this really handsome but humble Greek...  (Read 10748 times)
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« on: August 11, 2006, 12:11:06 PM »

Well, as most of you must have understood the title is a joke.

I am not humble.

Anyways, today I listened to Sailing from Wembley, and I remembered what I've lived this summer, so I decided to share it with the rest of the board.

Before this crazy summer began, I was supposed to see 3 shows, a bit later 2, a bit later they became 3 again, then 2 again, then 4, and in the end I attented 6 GN'R shows... Crazy huh?

Well, it all began back in February or March... I wanted to go and see them at Rock Am Ring. Then I talked with Jarmo and he told me he and lots of others were going to Rock In Rio. So, one Sunday night I bought one ticket to Rock In Rio festival. Little did I know... I ended up buying tickets for 4 other Greeks.  Grin

The days were passing by and the rumours for Madrid were really strong, so I booked the plane tickets for all of us and I thought what the hell, in worst case scenario, we'll get to see Madrid as well.

GNR were announced for Madrid, so our money weren't "lost". Then they changed the date.

I couldn't miss the opening night of this European tour... I HAD TO BE THERE. So I paid for plane tickets all over again and...

Oh, I had also bought plane tickets to Nuremberg for the 10th of July, a show with the Rolling Stones, a dream show.

May 25th, 2006

Woke up really early, something like 4 am, and we flew to Madrid. The first surprise was waiting for us at our hotel.

We didn't have a hotel. Anyway, we found one quickly and went straight to the venue.

Well, back in 2002 I had this small sign which Axl noticed in London Arena. This time I decided to make it a bit bigger...  Grin

Me and Natassa outside the venue in Madrid

A few hours before the show GN'R were soundchecking. It was surreal, being out of the venue, listening to the soundcheck. And then Axl joined the band and they kept on soundchecking. People around me didn't seem to realize what they were listening to so they weren't paying attention...

Me and meanmachine before the gig

Well, the spanish crowd got really upset cause of the delay, GN'R showed up at 12. People got crazy the moment they appeared on stage.

GN'R, 4 years later, without Buckethead. AND they played There Was A Time. This reason alone was worth all the extra money I spent. I just love that song. And I feel extremely lucky that I heard it that night, since they never played it again on this tour.

Anyway, the night had come to an end and we headed back to the hotel. Straight to our beds for sleep...

May 26th, 2006

We got up, went to eat some McDonald's and went straight to the airport with one of those cars GN'R used in London. That was a bit funny, cause the windows were dark and I felt like a celebrity driving through Madrid.

At the airport we found out that we didn't have a hotel in Lisbon as well, the 2 Greeks that didn't have enough money to buy another ticket for Madrid had already arrived in Lisbon and gave us the good news.

I was so fuckin upset during the flight, but an hour later all this would be a loooong forgoten memory... Or NOT...

The plane landed safely and we went to get our bags.

Suddenly as I was seating I heard someone screaming DIZZY.

I turn around and I see Dizzy. The rest can be found here: http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=30827.0

After this "meeting" we went to the hotel to see what's going on, anyway we only found a hotel a few minutes before the pre-show party at the Hard Rock Cafe. All the hotels we looked at before ending at the right one, were like whore-houses... But in the end everything worked out fine...

God, what an amazing night.

Read about it starting from here: http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=30864.msg602638#msg602638

Me and Jarmo presenting Kidnap

Me singing Knockin' On Heaven's Door with Kidnap

Thanks to these amazing guys from Portugal, I had one of the best nights of my life. Thank you Kidnap.

May 27th, 2006

Dead tired. Sleeping all day. Went to Bella Vista Park right before the Darkness started playing. Enjoyed all of their set, as I really dig them.

Then GN'R came on stage for what I consider one of the best gigs I've been to, along with some other from this tour and some other artists...

Most of you have downloaded the dvd so I won't get into this.

Back to reality after 2 beautiful days in Lisbon, a city I've loved so much, I'll be back as Arnold said once...

Back To Reality

So, back to reality, just to find out that the gig with the Stones in Germany has been cancelled and that a pre-sale for the shows in London is on.

I immediately bought my ticket for the 30th, and a day later for the 29th.

A few weeks later, I found out that they're coming to Greece. On the same date I was supposed to see them in Germany. Life plays weird tricks on us...

I'm in constant talks with the promoter to help them advertize the show, since it's only 2 weeks away.

Official Preshow Party for the show, with the help of Universal Music and the promoter (Poster thanks to and by xxxrosexxx)

One week in Athens for promotion. Met lots of nice people, especially at the pre-show party. One hell of a night.

Then the day of the gig came.

July 10th, 2006

Right before the gig I got interviewed by MAD TV, the biggest Greek music tv station. They asked me questions like when the album is coming out or why do GN'R have so many really young fans. Like I could answer both those questions... Still, they played the interview like 5-6 times for the next 2-3 days. Lots of people saw it, a friend of my dad as well, he told him about it but my dad hates such things...  hihi

Now, lucky again, the promoter had saved the pit infront of the stage for the VIP's. Since I helped them with the promotion, I was one of the lucky fucks in the pit.

Front row, definitely one of the best gigs of my life. I was singing all the new songs by heart, Axl was watching me singing them and he was smiling... And then he mentioned my GREECE LOVES GN'R sign... I think I died that moment.

I was also the one who screamed "DO THE ASSHOLE SONG" and Axl said "Ooh, we got another request for this one" and he played it... Funny... Felt really weird, my first request and not denied... Frank's (the drummer) first request was denied at the acoustic gig and mine wasn't...  Grin

You can find many pictures from the show here: http://www.gunsnroses.gr/athens2006pix.htm

Only 3 weeks away from London...

July 28th, 2006

Flew to London, watched Superman, went to the pre-show meeting. Funny night, when I left the "meeting" I met Juliet Lewis (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000496/). She was really cool to me, talked a bit about her singing "career".

July 29th, 2006

Probably the best day of my life.

Went to Soho to buy some used records, then left them at the hotel and went straight to Wembley. We went to the pre-show meeting at Greyhound, not so many people.

Me outside the new Wembley stadium

Then the gig. I really loved this gig. Covers (of Sailing, Sway, Back to the USSR), Izzy, Sebastian and the winners announced.

After the show we had heard that there was this aftershow party at some club in Soho but we didn't know if the acoustic was gonna happen there.

So, after 3 hours of waiting in the rain, we found a cab and went straight to that club in Soho.

Everybody was getting out of that club, so I assumed that the acoustic wasn't gonna take place there.

Then my ANGEL (you know who you are  Kiss) sent me a text with the club's name. We headed there and a friend got me in.

I managed to get in front of the band, dead center. I watched an acoustic gig by GN'R, and I was right infront of them.

God, that was weird and amazing at the same time. Right infront of the guy who saved my life with his lyrics 6 years ago.

All that week, I was thinking of making a new sign that would say GREECE THANKS GN'R. I never did it.

So, then it struck me. I took this yellow envelope out of my bag and I wrote it on its back.

GREECE THANKS GN'R

I showed it to Axl and he smiled and shook my hand. I really wanted to say it to him, but showing it had the exact same effect and probably even better..., so I'm so fuckin happy I had this chance.

Now, Sailing, that song has been haunting me ever since he performed it with the band that night. I wish they'd release it cause it was simply mindblowing.

Amazing night, probably the best of my life.

The next night was great but weird as well, last night of the tour, with Axl being sick, not able to finish the gig, Sebastian saving the day... Also thanks to the people who showed up at the pre-show meeting at the Greyhound.

And now, back to reality once again, trying to work, but how can I after this summer?

I wanna thank all the people I've met this summer, too many to name them, I hope you still remember me. Thank you all for being so cool to me.

And sorry to Jarmo, Adam and the 2 girls who were with us for being such an asshole on our last morning in London. You didn't deserve that...

Above all, thanks to Guns N' Roses for one amazing summer and for the years to come.

I'm sure it will be one hell of a ride. And I'll be there until the end...  peace
« Last Edit: August 11, 2006, 12:21:49 PM by Christos AG » Logged

R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2006, 12:21:30 PM »

Good work you lazy greek!  Kiss

Nice meeting you finally, i still use the lighter you gave me as a gift, i'm even more suprised that it still works!  Wink

Great review man!

anythinggoes
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2006, 12:32:08 PM »

Yeah nice review? Roll Eyes Cheat
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2006, 12:34:00 PM »

Yeah nice review  Roll Eyes Cheat

Hey,

stop calling me a cheater.

I was the first person to give updates on this European tour. You copied me...  Tongue

Nice meeting you finally, i still use the lighter you gave me as a gift, i'm even more suprised that it still works!  Wink

Great review man!

Ofcourse it would work... What do you think I'd give you? Some cheap fake zippo?

An authentic GUNSNROSES.GR lighter...  Grin

anythinggoes
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2006, 12:35:23 PM »

Yeah nice review? Roll Eyes Cheat

Hey,

I was the first person to give updates on this European tour. You copied me...? Tongue

Good work you lazy greek!? Kiss

Nice meeting you finally, i still use the lighter you gave me as a gift, i'm even more suprised that it still works!? Wink

Great review man!

Ofcourse it would work... What do you think I'd give you? Some cheap fake zippo?

An authentic GUNSNROSES.GR lighter...? Grin

ha i was the first to sent live photos and video  smoking
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2006, 12:36:54 PM »

Yeah nice review  Roll Eyes Cheat

Hey,

I was the first person to give updates on this European tour. You copied me...  Tongue

Great review man!

An authentic GUNSNROSES.GR lighter...  Grin

ha i was the first to sent live photos and video  smoking

Well, a teacher is always happy to see the student doing good and sometimes better... Ofcourse with the years technology gets better...  Grin

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2006, 01:12:02 PM »

I remember when I went to Wembley on Saturday 29th and this sign waited for me there:

ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2006, 01:13:38 PM »

I remember when I went to Wembley on Saturday 29th and this sign waited for me there:

ok

/jarmo

Yeah, it was the joke of that day...

We wanted to make you feel "special"... But you're not, so don't get excited...

R4tfink
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2006, 01:20:04 PM »

ok

/jarmo

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Im suprised they havent taken you in for medical research yet due to the size of your ego!  Tongue Kiss

My highlight was Jarmo playing tour guide, round a city he doesnt even live in! Amazing stuff.
Musical highlight? Rocket Queen on the 29th, despite Axl getting the lyrics wrong a little bit. This song kicks ass live.
Also, each Paradise City as a closing track was awesome, that track owns live and this "New" band kick the shit out of it, slap it in a garbage can and throw it off a cliff. Brilliant! Cheesy

I did break the GNR greece lighter a bit, i burnt/ melted the top metal bit whilst rolling a joint. It stuck to the bottom metal bit. Fixed it with a bit of Ol' English strength!

Its weird, every time i light a cigarette or a suspicious cigarette i think of Christos! love

smoking

Smoke Weed

Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2006, 01:22:58 PM »

Its weird, every time i light a cigarette or a suspicious cigarette i think of Christos! love

That was something I didn't need to know...  nervous

R4tfink
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2006, 01:25:24 PM »

That was something I didn't need to know...? nervous

Go back to sleep. And grow a beard, instead of that fake one!  Wink

The lighter is running out of gas, does me receiving it as a gift mean i get a life times supply, courtesy of the gift giver?

Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2006, 01:32:22 PM »

That was something I didn't need to know...  nervous

Go back to sleep. And grow a beard, instead of that fake one!  Wink

The lighter is running out of gas, does me receiving it as a gift mean i get a life times supply, courtesy of the gift giver?

Aaaaaah, go and take off with a rubber those 3 lines you got for a beard...

And no, you don't get a lifetime of supplies. You gotta do it yourself. You lazy bastard.

R4tfink
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2006, 01:37:53 PM »

And no, you don't get a lifetime of supplies. You gotta do it yourself. You lazy bastard.

Can  i have a lifetimes supply of lighters then?
Lots of people i know want one!  Cheesy I could sell them at 2 quid a go and send you 20p per lighter sold?

Thinking of going to any US shows Christos?

anythinggoes
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2006, 02:00:01 PM »

Can? i have a lifetimes supply of lighters then?
Lots of people i know want one!? Cheesy I could sell them at 2 quid a go and send you 20p per lighter sold?

I wanted one as a souvineer Christos saw me looking at yours and pulled one out (a lighter naughty) and said "do you smoke" so i said "no" so he put it away and walkd of to the venue. no

I cried  crying

rofl
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2006, 02:11:02 PM »

great typings Christos... as always  Wink
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2006, 02:11:30 PM »

Can  i have a lifetimes supply of lighters then?
Lots of people i know want one!  Cheesy I could sell them at 2 quid a go and send you 20p per lighter sold?

I wanted one as a souvineer Christos saw me looking at yours and pulled one out (a lighter naughty) and said "do you smoke" so i said "no" so he put it away and walkd of to the venue. no

I cried  crying

rofl

PM me your address and I'll send you one.

justynius
Rocker

« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2006, 02:12:46 PM »

Awesome review, Christos.... sounds like you had a great time!     peace
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2006, 02:15:28 PM »

Awesome review, Christos.... sounds like you had a great time!     peace

Yeah, I guess you could say that, apart from my last morning in London, and the crappy hotels everywhere...

anythinggoes
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2006, 02:16:35 PM »

you crazy Greek everyone will want one now  rofl
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2006, 02:18:10 PM »

you crazy Greek everyone will want one now  rofl

Yeah, they might want them but they can't get em.

They cost and I don't intend to sell them so very few will get one.

You and Velimir deserve at least one, that's for sure...

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: