Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 12:18:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227963 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Rock Star Supernova
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rock Star Supernova  (Read 19620 times)
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2006, 03:31:42 PM »

This band will probably have disolved by the time he got healthy enough to play anyways.

What does fitting in with Navarro have to do with anything? He's not even in the band.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2006, 03:44:03 PM »

This band will probably have disolved by the time he got healthy enough to play anyways.

What does fitting in with Navarro have to do with anything? He's not even in the band.

Oh yeah, this band is finished come March '07. Newstead is out, period. Although, not a huge loss for him considering he playing in Metallica for nearly 15 years.

As for Navarro, he &  Tommy always had some buddy-buddy thing going on, and Gilby seems the type who can fit in with alot of people. I'm not saying Navarro had much to do with it, but come tour time, I think Tommy wanted someone they would fit in with better on the road. Maybe Newstead took the whole band, tour & album too seriously.
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2006, 03:47:00 PM »

I'll agree with Newstead having what seems like a super-serious demeanour most of the time.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2006, 03:50:19 PM »

Newsted sucks. He sucked in Metallica, really crap replacement of cliff.

html sucks
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2006, 03:52:04 PM »

As highly regarded as Cliff is/was it would have been tough for just about anyone to replace him.

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2006, 04:17:40 PM »

As highly regarded as Cliff is/was it would have been tough for just about anyone to replace him.

Yeah but i mean look at robert trujillo, far far better person to fill in the role of bass then jason.

html sucks
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2006, 04:49:12 PM »

Yeah but i mean look at robert trujillo, far far better person to fill in the role of bass then jason.

Huh Trujillo hasn't recording 1 track yet with Metallica??  How can you say he's a better fit?!!
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2006, 05:08:30 PM »

Huh Trujillo hasn't recording 1 track yet with Metallica??  How can you say he's a better fit?!!

live stuff.

html sucks
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2006, 04:22:21 PM »

The Newstead injury is suspicious.. I think there's something more than that behind the scenes. He always seemed too serious & didn't really seem to fit in with Tommy & Navarro, almost like they got annoyed by him.

I agree, it is suspicious.  Jason always seems a little too...serious for both his bandmates and the material.  Although that might be more *my* problem than the band's.  After seeing Jason thrash out with Metallica for years, he didn't seem to be a good fit for the significantly lighter, poppier, and just plain bad music played by RS Supernova.  He seemed to take the artistic process quite seriously in finding a singer - as well he should have - but, to me, his "buying into" the band as a whole seemed a bit...forced.

And, of course, I could be totally wrong.  If the story is completely accurate, then it's really disastrous timing.  I wish Jason a speedy recovery...
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2006, 04:25:24 PM »

Huh Trujillo hasn't recording 1 track yet with Metallica??? How can you say he's a better fit?!!

live stuff.

and his recordings from previous bands are incredible Shocked

Sparksry
VIP

Keep Calm and Welcome to the Jungle

« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2006, 11:09:37 PM »

I just heard Tommy andlukas were caugt making out... has anyone else heard this? is it true .... my source is i dont know but in some new pics they look pretty close

So, is there any tread left on the tires? Or at this point would it be like throwing a hot dog down a hallway?
    - Stewie Griffin-
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2006, 11:55:42 PM »

After hearing their original songs I think they should be playing bars. I can see why Axl kicked Gilby out of the band.

I agree  on the bars comment, but Gilby is a stand up guy. he is cool and has good values, music and otherwise.
axlslasher
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2006, 04:43:16 PM »

Supernova more like Supersuck they should have went with Toby.
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2006, 02:08:40 AM »

Bassist Johnny Colt, who was with the BLACK CROWES in their early days, will reportedly be filling in for VOIVOD/ex-METALLICA bassist Jason Newsted on ROCK STAR SUPERNOVA's upcoming North American tour, which kicks off New Year's Eve.

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2006, 03:34:25 PM »

which kicks off New Year's Eve.

And ends New Year's Day!! ok hihi
J.J. Cook
Headliner

« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2006, 07:44:06 PM »

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d161/bratchick/LukasSupernova.jpg

Plus in some interview Jason said his personal pick was magni. I don't think Jason liked the direction or Lukas as the singer. Tommy wanted Lukas cuzz of his image and Gilby wanted Dilana. The way I see it Tommy is the only one who's actually famous and he always seemed to be the ringleader while the other two were his bitches. I don't like Lukas personally.

I hate fanboys.
Dirty Little Thing
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2006, 10:11:36 PM »

If the CD is any good and the tickets are cheap I might try to see them in Columbus... doubt it though.
jc524
Rocker

I should have known you're crazy

« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2006, 07:08:28 PM »

Magni and Storm Large, two finalists in the top 5 on the CBS reality show "Rockstar: Supernova," have been essentially fired from the opening act on the upcoming Rockstar Supernova tour.

This is just the latest controversy to besiege Tommy Lee's new band, Rockstar Supernova, since the reality show wrapped production last month.

First a California punk band claimed rights to the name Supernova and sought an injunction to halt the television act from performing or recording under the "Supernova" brand, unless they changed or added words to the name. A San Diego judge ruled in favor of the punk band and forced the CBS backed group to find a new moniker. For once Davey trumped Goliath!

Tommy Lee and the rest of the band, including the show's winner Lukas Rossi, changed the name to Rockstar Supernova.
With a tour scheduled to begin on New Year's Eve in Vegas, the bill's opening act was to include The Panic Channel, host Dave Navarro's latest band, as well as, fellow contestants Toby Rand, Dilana, Magni, Storm Large and the program's House Band.

But now TMZ has learned that due to financial reasons Magni, Storm Large and the House Band have been kicked off the tour. Toby and Dilana are still on board (thank God!), but will now be backed by Toby Rand's Australian group Juke Kartel. Evs!

Though this is sure to be a blow to Storm Large and Magni, who is already a bona fide sensation in his native Iceland, the real question is how fans will react to the news.

And while Magni and Storm will be sorely missed, we're still hoping they add the ever unpredictable and fabulous Zayra Alvarez to the bill.

A call to Rockstar Supernova's record label was not immediately returned.

Cry Cry
I didn't know that!! I was looking forward to seeing Storm and Magni and the House Band

I don't give a fuck about dilana!

what a joke, I was going to buy a ticket off ebay but I don't know yet

Is the panic channel still opening too?

Oh, and you can listen to clips of the tracks here: http://www.sonymusicstore.com/store/catalog/MerchandiseDetails.jsp?selectionId=688414&skuId=111720&sms=myspace-supernova

Fucked up and out of place
Sparksry
VIP

Keep Calm and Welcome to the Jungle

« Reply #38 on: November 20, 2006, 11:19:53 AM »

CD is out tommoro ... anyone think of a price??

So, is there any tread left on the tires? Or at this point would it be like throwing a hot dog down a hallway?
    - Stewie Griffin-
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2006, 12:00:20 PM »

i'm guessing 13.99 hihi

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: