Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 02, 2024, 11:19:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227992 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  DOES ANYBODY ELSE REALIZE HOW SIGNIFICANT IT IS AXL HAS HIS VOICE BACK
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DOES ANYBODY ELSE REALIZE HOW SIGNIFICANT IT IS AXL HAS HIS VOICE BACK  (Read 29308 times)
Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2006, 08:02:58 PM »

I'm not saying Axl's a coke head but he is a rockstar and I don't doubt he's done bit. I thought in 02 his voice was lacking clarity and pitch due to his breathing. During his rants he would put on a nasally sounding mock voice but it only emphasised the fact that his normal speaking voice sounded a bit nasally too. I'm wondering maybe with the pressure of the comeback was he doing a bit of charlie to get himself comfortable and confident for performing with a whole new band infront of the world again and it affected his voice. I remember on the live in Tokyo videos at one point Axl comes back out on stage and he looks like he's a bit of white powder smeared on his cheek, I can't remember it might be before Sweet Child, someone take a look. Anyway, I'm guessing maybe Axl's cuttin down on the coke and is alot more focused now, he's happy with his look, he's happy with his band, he's out partying, getting his hole, feeling confident and sounding fucking class!!!!
No coke in Tokyo buddy....his voice was just spent at that point....you could here it start to go during YCBM....when your voice starts to go, and then you take a 30 minute break for a solo.....sweet child ain't gonna sound to good.......I have had experience with the singin' thing... peace

NOW GO HOME AND GET YOUR FUCKIN' SHINEBOX!!!
Niko
Rocker

« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2006, 08:08:46 PM »

But cmon guys, just by viewing some of the stuff on You Tube, Axl blantly sounds like shit.? SOrry

Now there's a reliable source of information. Clips filmed on mobile phones and uploaded to Youtube.

I thought the whole band got better and better during the tour.

/jarmo

if he is talking about axl in the old times he is right
i mean, dont wanna start a old vs new discussion, but axl is better than the 2002 a lot and i mean a lot LOT better than that tour, but the other day i was watching the tokio dvd after listening some bootlegs, and he has lost some of his voice, don get me wrong nightrain in RAR was simply amazing just like the old times, but he is not capable of doing an entire show with that quality now, dont bash me, i understand he is in his 40's and still keep rocking, so even not stronger than the old times its a dream come true seeing axl touring again like he is doing now  Smiley
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2006, 08:09:34 PM »

I just watched the 2002 VMA performance on youtube and i must say his voice is so much better, does anyone know if where I can see the full paradise city performance from the VMA's in 2002, I can't find them on youtube.
Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2006, 08:13:42 PM »

I just watched the 2002 VMA performance on youtube and i must say his voice is so much better, does anyone know if where I can see the full paradise city performance from the VMA's in 2002, I can't find them on youtube.
They only did the last part of PC after Madagascar......if that's what you mean....if not, look up gnr mtv.....It'll be there

NOW GO HOME AND GET YOUR FUCKIN' SHINEBOX!!!
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2006, 08:24:58 PM »

I'm not saying Axl's a coke head but he is a rockstar and I don't doubt he's done bit. I thought in 02 his voice was lacking clarity and pitch due to his breathing. During his rants he would put on a nasally sounding mock voice but it only emphasised the fact that his normal speaking voice sounded a bit nasally too. I'm wondering maybe with the pressure of the comeback was he doing a bit of charlie to get himself comfortable and confident for performing with a whole new band infront of the world again and it affected his voice. I remember on the live in Tokyo videos at one point Axl comes back out on stage and he looks like he's a bit of white powder smeared on his cheek, I can't remember it might be before Sweet Child, someone take a look. Anyway, I'm guessing maybe Axl's cuttin down on the coke and is alot more focused now, he's happy with his look, he's happy with his band, he's out partying, getting his hole, feeling confident and sounding fucking class!!!!
No coke in Tokyo buddy....his voice was just spent at that point....you could here it start to go during YCBM....when your voice starts to go, and then you take a 30 minute break for a solo.....sweet child ain't gonna sound to good.......I have had experience with the singin' thing... peace
I don't know I reckon if he wanted coke in Tokyo he'd get it or someone would have it. It was the powder on the cheek thing that got me thinking at the time...but yes you're right his voice probably was getting tired. Still and all it was well rusty in 02, he definately had a breathing problem, his was trying to get it but couldn't. I'd say thats why he pulled the tour, he's a bit of a perfectionist and probably felt his voice was letting him down

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2006, 08:56:39 PM »

They only did the last part of PC after Madagascar......if that's what you mean....if not, look up gnr mtv.....It'll be there

Thanks I found it, I just wondered why it was so short, I guess they had to do a short performance because of time restraints
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2006, 09:21:24 PM »

We realized this in May, but yes, this is a great thing. '02 sucked.

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
jaypayton
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2006, 10:39:59 PM »

even in 1988 or 91/92 when his voice would wear down it would still be very raspy and hoarse (which is fine with me-i think the more hoarse and rasp the better-check out inglewood july 29, 1991 or august 1988 orange county fairgrounds)  as opposed to 02 when it sounded like mickey mouse..........now when he may wear down its raspy again...Maybe thats why its been so long since axl has returned..maybe he needed to recover his voice
PrettyTiedUp763
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2006, 10:58:54 PM »

His voice has been back for awhile now. In 2002, I was just so happy to see GNR perform that I did not even realize how his voice had changed. But looking back now. Wow!  Shocked He has improved indeed!
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2006, 11:01:19 PM »

I think the 02' voice was stronger...he def. held the screams out longer.  I do enjoy the newer voice too.  Just listen to 2002's Live and Let Die screams...or opening to Jungle.  He held the notes 5 times longer on those songs.  I guess going back to the raspy voice takes a lot out of you and you can't do both.  Either way I'm satisfied.
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2006, 11:58:25 PM »

Just listen to 2002's Live and Let Die screams...or opening to Jungle.? He held the notes 5 times longer on those songs.

He only did the full Jungle scream like two or three times in 01-02. I can think of Rio, Osaka and the VMA's off the top of my head.

And notice how after doing the full Jungle intro at the VMA's that he was completely out of breath afterwards.

He's lost a fair amount of weight since that time and now he can actually achieve vibratto in his falsetto, something he couldn't do in 2001-2002.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2006, 12:48:05 AM »

I never thought he lost it.............
newgnr
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2006, 12:48:48 AM »

there's a soundboard from download?

can I get this in appetite for collection?
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2006, 01:00:29 AM »

Not exactly - the whole show is available as Axl's monitor mix.

Only "My Michelle" and "Paradise City" are available from the show in soundboard/broadcast quality (TV source).
newgnr
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2006, 01:07:27 AM »

Not exactly - the whole show is available as Axl's monitor mix.

Only "My Michelle" and "Paradise City" are available from the show in soundboard/broadcast quality (TV source).

where can i download this?
Mattattack
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2006, 01:23:16 AM »

The only song that Axl can't seem to nail live right now is Paradise City. I think he would probably nail it if he sang it earlier on in the set. 
no more patience
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2006, 02:03:35 AM »

haha i bet axl was on coke in tokyo...
remember duffs interview on the video? He was extremely yaayyyyed....
i thnk the yay makes ur voice raspier and better...

this is a song about your fucking mother!
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2006, 02:06:51 AM »

haha i bet axl was on coke in tokyo...
remember duffs interview on the video? He was extremely yaayyyyed....
i thnk the yay makes ur voice raspier and better...

Could you call it Yayo instead. Its sounds so much better.
Sorry, I just love Scarface.  Grin
newgnr
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2006, 03:17:03 AM »

Ok so i'm listening to the show right now...and since being at hammerstein, i think axl's voice is great once again.  BUT, for only about half the show.  It gets "tired" after about 10 songs...thats the only thing that is a little discouraging.
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2006, 04:29:36 AM »

Ok fellas, I'm speaking about the Rock AM Ring Pro Shots on You Tube.? Do not tell me he sounds amazing on IRS or even the Blues.? Even read some of the comments.? Non-die hards have a much more objective perspective on it people.? However, I do think he has sounded really good for the? most part.? As I said, Hammerstein was really, really good.? I do think the word 'amazing' is somewhat of an overstatement, sorry for being honest.?

Personaly, I think he is amazing at RAR. Just listen to 'Nightrain' or the sing along on KOHD. He's just brilliant.

He's singing better than during the UYI Tour. Just my opinion.

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: