Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 04:03:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  2002 VMA performance was a debacle?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2002 VMA performance was a debacle?  (Read 24271 times)
31illusions
I am the coolest guy I know
Rocker

Axl, slash, duff, izzy & steven. The true GN'R!

« on: September 01, 2006, 11:55:52 PM »

AXl said in the pre-show interview at the VMA"s, that the 2002 VMA performance was a mess and a debacle, why? I'm kinda new to this forum so i musta missed out why it was a mess. Can someone explain why he thinks that?

There you go, negative karma for you for being a troll. I'll give gandra negative karma as well. Happy now?  Next time you try this behavior will be the last. keep that in mind.

/jarmo
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2006, 11:57:11 PM »

The band was not completely prepared for the performance, and his voice wasn't as good as it is now. It's as simple as that.
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2006, 11:57:46 PM »

because axl couldnt hear himself due to technical difficulties and didnt sound too good

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2006, 11:58:22 PM »

AXl said in the pre-show interview at the VMA"s, that the 2002 VMA performance was a mess and a debacle, why? I'm kinda new to this forum so i musta missed out why it was a mess. Can someone explain why he thinks that?

Axl says it was due to the whole new band thing. I thought everything was kinda off that night. Overall I thought it was an exciting moment, but a very poor performance. ?smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
EFISH
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2006, 11:58:33 PM »

He just totally messed up Jungle. Maddy and Paradise werent too bad, but jungle was aweful, but the performance in general was cool. The audience went crazy
31illusions
Rocker

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2006, 11:59:14 PM »

did people tell him that his voice sucked? i know alot of people thought that.

There you go, negative karma for you for being a troll. I'll give gandra negative karma as well. Happy now?  Next time you try this behavior will be the last. keep that in mind.

/jarmo
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2006, 11:59:51 PM »

I thought the band sounded great.

Were they supposed to play Jungle in a different way? It seemed as though Axl's voice was the problem either due to bad monitors, windedness...ect.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2006, 12:03:57 AM »

I thought the band sounded great.

Were they supposed to play Jungle in a different way? It seemed as though Axl's voice was the problem either due to bad monitors, windedness...ect.
exactly,axl blamed the band for the 2002 problems when the only problem was his voice.im as big an axl fan as anybody here so dont bash me when i say im sure even axl knows that the 2002 performance wasnt his best  peace

31illusions
Rocker

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2006, 12:05:59 AM »

He just totally messed up Jungle. ?

yeah jungle was off, but ?i though maybe is was because it was a medly of songs therefore the songs were squeazed together. but by that time they had already been out playing, and they couldn't get it together? interesting.

/jarmo
imsorry
Rocker

d|0_o|b

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2006, 12:06:08 AM »

The true is Axl voice was bad at the time the band was playing for couple of years and the monitor excuse for who had done that before that era its just BS take the shit out of your ears and screaaammmmmmmmm but his voice is there now maybe even better cuz i was impressed with him in RAR.  peace

20-23/01/1991
10-12/12/1992
15/01/2001
07-13-16/03/2010
11/20/2016
I believe!
jaypayton
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2006, 12:07:03 AM »

where should we start..axl was fat, dressed like a fool, his voice was AWFUL and he had more botox than joan rivers..absolute nightmare
31illusions
Rocker

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2006, 12:09:19 AM »

where should we start..axl was fat, dressed like a fool, his voice was AWFUL and he had more botox than joan rivers..absolute nightmare

funny shit!

/jarmo
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2006, 12:09:48 AM »

where do poeple keep gettin this idea that axl was fat in 2002.he had a few extra pounds in 2000 but in 2002 he was as fat as he is now

DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2006, 12:11:31 AM »

where do poeple keep gettin this idea that axl was fat in 2002.he had a few extra pounds in 2000 but in 2002 he was as fat as he is now

That's a lie - look at his face in 2002 compared to his face now.

He's lost weight in four years, not a big surprise.
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2006, 12:13:13 AM »

ok so his face might be a bit slimmer (due to his botox wearin off maybe) but he wasnt exactly fat was he.look at some or all pics of him from then.hes as thin as he is now

31illusions
Rocker

« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2006, 12:17:47 AM »

Tell me something. I was thinking, when i was listening to a bootleg of "it taste good don't it" AXL said that he blew his throat out and a doctor wanted to do surgery on it. Could it be possible that at some point during axl's many, many years off, that he had throat surgery, and maybe thats why his voice sucked?

/jarmo
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2006, 12:18:21 AM »

And then when she said she was gonna like, wreck my car, I didn't know what to do!
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2006, 12:21:59 AM »

I have no idea about the botox...all I can say is that Axl looks to be a good 10 to 15 pounds lighter and in much better shape than in '02.  More importantly, he seems to be in a much "Better" frame of mind these days.  I think he knows GNR is just going to blow people away.   beer

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Axl_GNR
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2006, 12:27:59 AM »

everyone thinks Axl was fat in 2002 cause of the oversized jerseys, which will make anyone look fat, cause they're so wide. but axl was in the same shape then as he is today, just not sporting baggy jerseys

31illusions
Rocker

« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2006, 12:28:39 AM »

I think he knows GNR is just going to blow people away.

i think if he thought that he would have released the CD long ago. It seems to me that (mostly fans) think the longer he waits the "Bigger" and "better" the album will be. I don't think that. I know the fans will by the new CD. but he will have to prove himself to get "NEW & NON" fans to by the CD. He's got his work cut out for him.

/jarmo
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: