Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 05:56:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  2002 VMA performance was a debacle?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2002 VMA performance was a debacle?  (Read 24272 times)
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #80 on: September 12, 2006, 02:44:51 PM »

That is strange since his voice actually started to get better and MUCH more consistent from mid 92 - 93...the end of the tour.

yeah but in around the vma's and montreal wasn't he really fucked up? when was that shit goin down?

Yes....that one and one of the shows at Giants stadium with Metallica were the only 2 shows during that time where his voice was failing him.....Both were during the tour with Metallica.... yes...His voice sounded amazing during November Rain at the VMA'S in 92' though.

i just remember he seemed to be really straining himself...watch it, he looks in pain

Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #81 on: September 12, 2006, 02:56:53 PM »

That is strange since his voice actually started to get better and MUCH more consistent from mid 92 - 93...the end of the tour.

yeah but in around the vma's and montreal wasn't he really fucked up? when was that shit goin down?

Yes....that one and one of the shows at Giants stadium with Metallica were the only 2 shows during that time where his voice was failing him.....Both were during the tour with Metallica.... yes...His voice sounded amazing during November Rain at the VMA'S in 92' though.

i just remember he seemed to be really straining himself...watch it, he looks in pain

During the VMA'S 92'?...nahh...just trying to hit those notes....your face looks like that when you sing and change to different levels of your voice...it is human nature..... peace

NOW GO HOME AND GET YOUR FUCKIN' SHINEBOX!!!
slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

A Rock N' Roll bash where everybody's smashed

« Reply #82 on: September 12, 2006, 03:10:13 PM »

i thought it was a great performance apart from axls voice, if his voice was like now, it would have been ace

Hammersmith - london 7th june G N' F' R
NEC - Birmingham 25th july G N' F' R
Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #83 on: September 12, 2006, 03:22:49 PM »

i thought it was a great performance apart from axls voice, if his voice was like now, it would have been ace

Ummmm...his voice sounded MUCH better in November rain from 91-93...then it does now....are you a fairly new fan?...... Ya know...post 93' GNR fan? It sounds ok now.....but better in other songs....not November Rain

requiem156
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #84 on: September 12, 2006, 03:27:02 PM »

Ummmm...his voice sounded MUCH better in November rain from 91-93...then it does now....are you a fairly new fan?...... Ya know...post 93' GNR fan? It sounds ok now.....but better in other songs....not November Rain

I don't agree, and I'm not a new fan by a long shot - his voice is much clearer now and that is more appropriate for a song like NR. Is this another one of those things that you can only explain if you talk to someone in person?

On topic, the 2002 VMA performance was a disaster. He got winded way too fast, and much more so than ususal, especially for the amount of running he did - my guess is that he was either sick, or actually out of breath when he got on stage, because the actual shows from the tour had more running, but he was consistently less out of breath.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2006, 03:30:04 PM by requiem156 » Logged
Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #85 on: September 12, 2006, 03:33:51 PM »

I don't agree, and I'm not a new fan by a long shot - his voice is much clearer now and that is more appropriate for a song like NR. Is this another one of those things that you can only explain if you talk to someone in person?

On topic, the 2002 VMA performance was a disaster. He got winded way too fast, and much more so than ususal, especially for the amount of running he did - my guess is that he was either sick, or actually out of breath when he got on stage, because the actual shows from the tour had more running, but he was consistently less out of breath.

No smartass...I don't have to explain this in person....good memory though......November Rain does NOT sound as good as it used to.....we'll just have to agree to disagree.... peace

pumpkin
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #86 on: September 12, 2006, 03:38:57 PM »

yeah, he said the performance was attrocious and when asked what happened he said it was just the band being new.......and i was like "the band sounded fine"  axl simply lost his voice in the middle. 
slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

« Reply #87 on: September 12, 2006, 03:48:48 PM »

i was on about the 2002 performance

Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #88 on: September 12, 2006, 03:51:55 PM »

i was on about the 2002 performance

My bad dude...and you're absolutely right.... ok

kaddisonmoore
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #89 on: September 12, 2006, 03:53:17 PM »

everyone thinks Axl was fat in 2002 cause of the oversized jerseys, which will make anyone look fat, cause they're so wide. but axl was in the same shape then as he is today, just not sporting baggy jerseys
he wore a jersey at the korn party this year. did anyone get a good pic of him there?

the hardest part this troubled heart has ever yet been through now...
http://www.invisionplus.net/forums/index.php?mforum=icecream&act=idx
Greatest Fucking Forum Ever Made By Myself and a friend
slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

« Reply #90 on: September 12, 2006, 03:56:53 PM »

he looked fat with his top off, but nowadays he looks big, as in he has been toning his body

does anyone agree??

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #91 on: September 12, 2006, 04:28:04 PM »

It's just what he wears that makes him look whatever IMO.

Yes his vocals were rather stable through the tour but No, the 2002 VMA performance wasn't all that disasterous.

he got off to a bad start on wttj after the prolonged scream and pc wasn't his best either but it was an otherwise jolly good performance. The band was great.

My guess is that it had something to do with his ear monitor and the rush arrengements.
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #92 on: September 12, 2006, 04:41:48 PM »

im pretty sure he just meant the rushed arrangements as well as the mic problems. no one noticed that he also commented that it was still alot of fun and the crowd was great....

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #93 on: September 12, 2006, 04:58:33 PM »

i think the band was great at the vma`s 2002. axl sucked....

i`ll probably never understand how some of you are able to like his voice in madagascar....    he was out of breath in jungle and had a whiney voice during paradise city, but in maddy it wasn`t even his voice.....       i mean of course it was him, but he never sounded like that before or after...  you get the point....    i guess that was an ear monitor problem. i couldn`t find any other satisfiying explanation for that....

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
AxlRoseVen
Drink Til U Drop
Banned
VIP

« Reply #94 on: September 12, 2006, 06:57:18 PM »

I actually thought at the time too that it may have been done on purpose by Axl - sing the old songs bad to make the new song sound better, but I highly doubt it...

I don't think he would purposefully make himself look stupid.

oh yeah? why does axl's hair is so fucking ugly STILL then?? he wanna look like a Jamaican girl who pretends ta be blond , I guess now it?s time for him ta look in the mirror cuz he's not a reggae singer, think so? confused

I truly believe you are not quite the full ticket mate! You need to take a long look at yourself before you post again! Some of your posts are not only very annoying and seem to be posted just to gauge a reaction, but they are incredibly odd! Just chill out and dont take life so seriously! Mike

-ok, u just want me ta say lies here when it meant ta be for discussing gnr's stuff
-so if everyone gets confused while postin' here then i should act like'em? not at all!
-Axl is a human being, not a perfect man, he?s just like us all so we all must speak 'bout it, don?t ya forget!
- 2002 VMA performance was a debacle just cuz Axl disappear for 4 years AGAIN after playin? that night there, ?.then I wonder why da?fuck did GNR play there in 2002 when they weren?t sure ta come back again? Not fair!!!!    rant
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #95 on: September 12, 2006, 10:19:12 PM »

i`ll probably never understand how some of you are able to like his voice in madagascar

Um, maybe we like it because he sang great on that song. Roll Eyes

He was hitting notes I've never heard him hit before. The "we end together" part is amazing. ok

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
crofty
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #96 on: September 13, 2006, 04:31:11 AM »

Axl was either out of breath during Jungle or he was too occupied playing with his earpiece and wasn't concentrating on what he was doing.  The rest wasn't that bad especially Madagascar. 

The current style/shape of the band would've been 100x better. imo

Agree with you on madagascar. maybe it was a lot better because it was quieter and slower so he could hear/breathe. I didn't think much to paradise city and I thought Jungle as far as his voice was concerned, was a fucking disaster. I was pleased to get hold of the leeds '02 videos, to reassure myself that they really were good, I didn't just think it because it was my first GnR gig.
F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #97 on: September 13, 2006, 04:55:52 AM »

i have come to the conclusion that anyone who sticks up for 2002 Axl and his shot singing voice of 02 know NOTHING about the appetite and illusion days...they are probably 14 year olds who listen to korn.......

Well dude your conclusion is shit. I am 20, listen to Guns N' Roses, The Doors and Pantera, just to name a few.
I was at the Toronto Canada gig in 2002, and he did not sound bad at all. Sounded great. Yes, it would have been better if he sounded as he does now, but it was still a great fucking show.
I think the longer that tour went on, his voice shaped up.

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

« Reply #98 on: September 13, 2006, 05:10:30 AM »

i watch the show and i love it everytime i watch it, i love how they merge the songs into eachother, especially from maddy to PC, thats great, if axl's voice was like it was in the old days or now (i dont mind personally i think he sounds better now) that show would have been one of the best they have done.

but all in all i think axl wasnt prpared for the show vocally, something realy did change his voice back then, smokin or whatever, but i think also he got over excited and started goin crazy on stage.it was great to see him running about, it was an awsome show

if only axls voice.....

meatloaf
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #99 on: September 13, 2006, 06:51:02 AM »

the 2002 VMA performance was halarious!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: