Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:56:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Ozzy Osbourne/Black Sabbath Thread
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 26 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ozzy Osbourne/Black Sabbath Thread  (Read 175742 times)
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #220 on: March 28, 2007, 05:44:44 PM »

HEAVEN AND HELL ? the band featuring BLACK SABBATH guitarist Tony Iommi and bassist Geezer Butler, singer Ronnie James Dio, and drummer Vinny Appice (BLACK SABBATH, DIO) ? will tour the U.K. in November 2007 with support from none other than LAMB OF GOD and ICED EARTH. Tickets for the dates are expected to go on sale at the end of this week. The dates are as follows:

Nov. 04 - UK - Metro Radio Arena, Newcastle Upon Tyne
Nov. 06 - UK - SECC, Glasgow
Nov. 07 - UK - Hallam FM Arena, Sheffield
Nov. 09 - UK - Manchester Evening News Arena, Manchester
Nov. 10 - UK - Wembley Arena, London
Nov. 11 - UK - Centre, Brighton
Nov. 13 - UK - NEC, Birmingham
Nov. 14 - UK - International Arena, Cardiff
Nov. 15 - UK - Arena, Nottingham
Nov. 17 - UK - Pavilions, Plymouth
Nov. 18 - UK - BIC, Bournemouth

Ambitious tour. The NEC was only a third full in '92.

it sold out, i couldnt get tickets.

html sucks
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #221 on: April 06, 2007, 01:26:24 PM »

According to Rolling Stone magazine, OZZY OSBOURNE has set "Black Rain" as the title of his new solo album, due out early June.

Heard a preview of his first single 'I Dont Want To Stop' it sounds pretty fuckin good...Pretty heavy to

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #222 on: April 10, 2007, 07:54:15 AM »

His website has short sample clips of all the tracks. Blabbermouth had all the links up a few days ago so you could listen to them all without searching the site.

Sounds pretty cool though, kinda like a cross between Black Label Society and Ozzy.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #223 on: April 10, 2007, 07:56:28 AM »

His website has short sample clips of all the tracks. Blabbermouth had all the links up a few days ago so you could listen to them all without searching the site.

Sounds pretty cool though, kinda like a cross between Black Label Society and Ozzy.

link me up
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #224 on: April 10, 2007, 08:04:30 AM »

Just go to www.roadrun.com/blabbermouth.net and scroll back through a few pages there, you should be able to find it.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #225 on: April 10, 2007, 03:04:08 PM »

OZZY OSBOURNE will release his new album, "Black Rain", on May 22 via Epic Records. Songtitles set to appear on the CD include "I Don't Wanna Stop", "Not Going Away", "Thank God For The Almighty Dollar", "Civilize The Universe", "Black Rain", "Countdown's Begun" and "Trap Door".

You can tell by looking at many of the song titles on "Black Rain" ? Ozzy Osbourne's first album with new studio material in six years ? that the rock legend took a good look at his own life and the world around him. He also salutes his fans?among the most devoted in the world ? with such songs as "Here For You" and "Lay Your World On Me".

"Black Rain" finds the two-time Grammy Award winner and Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee as vital, creative and evocative as ever. You also get the clear sense that he's operating at the peak of powers, as a singer and songwriter. Ozzy fans can log onto www.ozzy.com to hear samples of tracks from the album.

Ozzy co-produced the album with Kevin Churko and recorded it with his touring band: Zakk Wylde (guitar), Mike Bordin (drums) and Blasko (bass). Ozzy says that he felt a new freedom while recording the album at his home studio in Los Angeles. The result: songs that are not only hard-hitting but adventurously arranged and sonically fresh. Explains Ozzy, "It's a well-put together album. I think it's evident that it hasn't been just slapped out and put down. I took my time on the album and Zakk plays some amazing stuff as always". Ozzy feels "Black Rain" is the true follow-up to his classic "No More Tears", the 1991 album that also challenged the expectations of what an Ozzy Osbourne album should sound like.

Some of the songs on "Black Rain" are ominous in their emotional tone ? they examine a world teeming with greed, war, deception, bad drugs ("11 Silver", about crystal meth) and environmental havoc. Ozzy also zooms in on the overriding sense of fear and dread that define our times ? perpetrated, he feels, by news programs that make "entertainment" out of terrible news events.

Says Ozzy: "I just thought there's so much fucking bad news, the only way I can release it is to put it in a song". On the other hand, the new track "Civilize The Universe" offers a sense of hope, as Ozzy sings: "I'm alive/Watching better turn to worse/One more time/Try to civilize the universe".

Ozzy will support "Black Rain" with a world tour beginning in Moscow on May 27 which continues through July 6. Then starting July 12 in Seattle, he'll headline the 12th annual Ozzfest tour throughout America.

The pioneer and trendsetter has pulled the plug on ticket prices in America and given the power back to the fans, calling this summer's Ozzfest "FreeFest". That's right, this year's Ozzfest is entirely free for fans, an unprecedented move for an artist and tour of this stature.

Ozzy is being honored in May on VH1's "Rock Honors" telecast. He will perform three songs on the broadcast including a track from "Black Rain". Premiering on Thursday, May 24 at 9:00 p.m. ET/PT, "VH1 Rock Honors" will be taped at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas on Saturday, May 12.

TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #226 on: April 12, 2007, 06:25:09 PM »

HEAVEN AND HELL ? the band featuring BLACK SABBATH guitarist Tony Iommi and bassist Geezer Butler, singer Ronnie James Dio, and drummer Vinny Appice (BLACK SABBATH, DIO) ? will tour the U.K. in November 2007 with support from none other than LAMB OF GOD and ICED EARTH. Tickets for the dates are expected to go on sale at the end of this week. The dates are as follows:

Nov. 04 - UK - Metro Radio Arena, Newcastle Upon Tyne
Nov. 06 - UK - SECC, Glasgow
Nov. 07 - UK - Hallam FM Arena, Sheffield
Nov. 09 - UK - Manchester Evening News Arena, Manchester
Nov. 10 - UK - Wembley Arena, London
Nov. 11 - UK - Centre, Brighton
Nov. 13 - UK - NEC, Birmingham
Nov. 14 - UK - International Arena, Cardiff
Nov. 15 - UK - Arena, Nottingham
Nov. 17 - UK - Pavilions, Plymouth
Nov. 18 - UK - BIC, Bournemouth

Ambitious tour. The NEC was only a third full in '92.

it sold out, i couldnt get tickets.

I don't think we're talking about the same show. I was there and half the place was curtained off, and the open sections were pretty empty. Are you talking about the Ozzy reunion shows in '98 or whenever it was?

Now doesn't that make you feel better?
The pigs have won tonight
Now they can all sleep soundly
And everything is all right
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #227 on: April 12, 2007, 06:27:46 PM »

woah, is there anyone who thinks ozzy.com is a good website?
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #228 on: April 19, 2007, 11:38:52 PM »

http://www.sonymusic.com/clips/selection/fu/OzzyOsbourne/DontWanna_01_01_full_100.asx

Ozzys new song "i don't wanna stop" is avalible for streaming. found this on Blabbermouth, enjoy
peace
« Last Edit: April 20, 2007, 12:00:08 AM by CHINESE DEMOCRACY eventually » Logged

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
SLCPUNK
« Reply #229 on: April 20, 2007, 01:13:07 AM »

woah, is there anyone who thinks ozzy.com is a good website?

Yea, I think they just changed it, kinda nutty.
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #230 on: April 20, 2007, 01:52:51 AM »

Hmm...according to Ozzfest.com, those "free" Ozzfest tix will be offered first to those of us who forget that Ozzy hasn't released anything worthwhile for years and shell out for his new album.   no

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #231 on: April 20, 2007, 04:21:16 AM »

Hmm...according to Ozzfest.com, those "free" Ozzfest tix will be offered first to those of us who forget that Ozzy hasn't released anything worthwhile for years and shell out for his new album.   no

who gives a shit? don't buy the fucking album. and get tickets the regular way....not that fucking hard Roll Eyes

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
DEAD HORSE
VIP

08.08.08 ?

« Reply #232 on: April 23, 2007, 02:45:11 AM »

WHo is going to HEaven And HEll show in Los angeles?  I got tix, is goin to be awesome, i cant wait! nervous

If the world would end today... Wink
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #233 on: April 23, 2007, 09:17:05 AM »

http://www.sonymusic.com/clips/selection/fu/OzzyOsbourne/DontWanna_01_01_full_100.asx

Ozzys new song "i don't wanna stop" is avalible for streaming. found this on Blabbermouth, enjoy
peace

commercial, very. how much does he wanna tell us hes all fired up.

html sucks
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #234 on: May 02, 2007, 10:49:12 AM »

Ozzy Osbourne has told MTV.com that he be playing several songs from "Black Rain" at Ozzfest this summer but will of course dip into the archives to play some of his older solo material, as well as some BLACK SABBATH classics. But he can't take credit for this summer's gratis tickets.
"I'm the entertainer ? my wife's the manager," he said. "I may be talking out of my ass, but what happened was, we always try to do a reasonable ticket. We have to alter it and ultimately put more on the ticket [as tour-related costs increase]. So last year, Sharon was getting pissed off at the bands who wanted more and more [money to play], so she goes, 'F--- this, I'm going to do it for nothing,' and bring it back down to earth. And people thought it would be a washout, that it wouldn't work.

"It's our way of saying, 'Eh, come along, have some fun,' " he continued. "The ticket prices don't ever go down. ... We're in hard times now. I'm just trying to bring a bit of fairness to the game, and Sharon is also, and keep people happy. If it wasn't for them ? I'm [turning] 59 this year ? I wouldn't be anywhere near where I am now. I wouldn't be living in these houses I have."

As for the reunion of BLACK SABBATH's 1980s lineup ? guitarist Tony Iommi, bassist Geezer Butler, singer Ronnie James Dio and drummer Vinny Appice ? which will be touring this year under the moniker HEAVEN AND HELL, Ozzy wishes them all the best but maintains the only true BLACK SABBATH is the band he fronts. And while he's not sure what HEAVEN AND HELL's future plans might be, his next order of business, so long as the rest of the guys are still up for it, is to record with SABBATH once again.

"I'm still on for an album and a tour with them, but we have no [new material written]," he said. "It would be so easy for us to get in and out of a studio and make an album. But if it's not up to the par of when I left, why do it? It will destroy the f---ing legacy of BLACK SABBATH, and the legend of BLACK SABBATH. I haven't dropped the idea, because Tony and I are talking alright about it. I haven't abandoned the idea ? like, 'If my album does well, f--- BLACK SABBATH.' It's what I want to do. We have repaired some of the damage between each other, and now, I'd like to do a really good f---ing BLACK SABBATH album."

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #235 on: May 13, 2007, 09:12:04 AM »

Ozzy Osbourne recently spoke to Kara A. Medalis of WWE.com about his upcoming appearance on World Wrestling Entertainment's "SmackDown" and his new album, "Black Rain". A few excerpts follow:

On his involvement with WWE:

"Working with WWE, it's fun, you know. I'm not new to wrestling. I started doing some stuff with the British Bulldogs many, many years ago. I became a very good friend of Andre the Giant when he was alive. I used to go drinking with him, and he was such a lovely man."

On this year's Ozzfest:

"Why's it free? You better ask my wife about that, I don't know. That's her job! I'm glad she's doing it that way though. Ultimately it comes back to the kids. Normally they have to pay a couple hundred bucks a ticket, I'm guessing. I hope we can give them a good show. I'm doing the biggest tour of my life."

On addressing the state of the world and its effect on his life on "Black Rain":

"People are saying to me that I've gotten very political. I haven't got very political, but I watch a lot of documentaries, like on the History Channel, Discovery, A&E and so on. What I get interested in, in the news is this f****** war that's going on. If it gets in my head and has an effect, it's going to come out in my music I suppose.

?There's quite a bit of anti-war and questionary lyrics there, which is not a new thing for me. People just think that when I was singing with BLACK SABBATH, all we ever sang about was the devil and the dark forces or whatever, but it's not true. There were a lot of political things, a lot of anti-war things there."

On his new single, "I Don't Wanna Stop", which holds special meaning to the Rock and Roll Hall of Famer:

"I'm 59 this year. People keep saying to me, 'You'll be quitting soon, retiring.' I don't wanna stop! You'll know when I want to stop because I won't be doing it anymore. I've tried not doing it, but it's not like I've got a job. I'd miss the fans. I'd miss the buzz, seeing the crowd going crazy."

On wrestling fans:

"I've been doing arenas and gigs and festivals for the best part of 30, 40 years. The f******* fans of wrestling go absolutely crazy. I thought nobody could get louder than a rock concert, but was I ever wrong!"

GeraldFord
« Reply #236 on: May 13, 2007, 10:01:42 AM »

Magic 8 Ball says "new Ozzy CD will suck."
Sparksry
VIP

Keep Calm and Welcome to the Jungle

« Reply #237 on: May 13, 2007, 08:03:12 PM »

Well the new ozzy track is kickass so i guess ur 8 ball is wrong ok

So, is there any tread left on the tires? Or at this point would it be like throwing a hot dog down a hallway?
    - Stewie Griffin-
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #238 on: May 16, 2007, 07:41:47 PM »

Magic 8 Ball says "new Ozzy CD will suck."

You're magic 8 ball must be broken, I already have the new album and it's pretty damn good. Its no Blizzard of Ozz, but considering the fact that Ozzy can hardly even speak let alone sing, its pretty damn good. Its definitely harder then the last few albums. Stand out tracks to me so far are The Almighty Dollar, I don't wanna stop, Not going away and Black Rain.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #239 on: May 17, 2007, 10:14:11 AM »

im not enjoying this album its all dark and depressing, and hes trying to do crossover styles, whats with the dance sounding track really, and ozzys singing as if hes trying to do the "hip" thing  hihi then theres the tracks where he goes into beatles mode.

He hasnt topped no more tears.

html sucks
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 26 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: