Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:23:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Ozzy Osbourne/Black Sabbath Thread
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 26 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ozzy Osbourne/Black Sabbath Thread  (Read 175840 times)
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #280 on: June 19, 2007, 08:05:30 AM »

Alice Cooper appears to have replaced ROB ZOMBIE on the upcoming HEAVEN AND HELL tour, which also features QUEENSR?CHE in the opening slot. However, it is not presently clear if ALICE COOPER will play all the shows on the trek or if he will only be added to select gigs. So far the following dates have been leaked:

Sep. 05 - Broome County Arena - Binghamton, NY
Sep. 08 - Nikon at Jones Beach Theater ? Wantagh, NY
Sep. 09 - Tweeter Center - Mansfield, MA
Sep. 14 - St Pete Times Forum - Tampa, FL
Sep. 15 - BankAtlantic Center ? Sunrise, FL
Sep. 16 - Amway Arena - Orlando, FL
Sep. 19 - Post Gazette Pavilion At Star Lake - Pittsburgh, PA
Sep. 25 - Coors Amphitheatre - Englewood, CO
Sep. 28 - Reno Events Center - Reno, NV

The September 9 concert at the Tweeter Center in Mansfield, MA will be part of Loco Fest: Locobazooka! 2007.

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #281 on: July 06, 2007, 01:50:47 PM »

Ernest A. Jasmin of The News Tribune recently conducted an interview with Ozzy Osbourne. A few excerpts follow:

The News Tribune: The first [Ozzfest 2007] gig is at the White River Amphitheatre. And a couple of years ago you had a rough gig there. (Ozzy stormed offstage in 2005 after his voice went out.)

Ozzy: I get a lot of voice problems. ? You have to do a lot of shouting, you know. That's why I think we're booked on the early part of this tour. ? I've just done the biggest European tour I've ever done. And I had a little bit of voice trouble. But it seems to be getting better now, you know.

The News Tribune: Given that in recent years you've had vocal problems, and the first two songs on the new album are called "Not Going Away" and "I Don't Wanna Stop", have you considered retirement?

Ozzy: Every year I do. ? I was listening to the demo tapes of "No More Tears" today, which was recorded, like, 15 years ago. And I would go, "@#$%@% hell." My voice has a lot higher range, you know. And I was talking to Bob Seger a couple of years ago when I was out with him, and I asked him, "Can you still get up there? Like when you sing ('Old Time Rock & Roll'.)" He said, "I have problems." We all have problems. When it's going great, I love it. When it's going bad, I hate it. ? There's a lot of people doing a lot of trickery, with @#%@%@ machines and everything. Like a friend of mine went to see MADONNA, and apparently she does the whole @#$@%@ thing lip-sync.

The News Tribune: When will you know that it's time to pass the torch?

Ozzy: If I go from playing @#%@%@ big shows to playing clubs ? I ain't gonna be doing that. ? If the audience dwindles, and I don't enjoy it any more, I'll quit, you know. I don't want to play to an empty room or an empty theater or an empty amphitheater. I mean, they've been asking the STONES for the last @#%@%@ 20 years, ? and they're still going.

The News Tribune: I read this is the first album you've done completely sober.

Ozzy: Yeah, yeah. I've recorded albums sober before. But I haven't co-written albums or written anything sober before. And why I did it like that was I found a friend of mine. He's got a lot more years time than I have. I says to him, "The alcohol and the drugs fuel my creativity." He says, "That's what your addiction tells you. But what you've gotta do is don't be afraid to ask for help."

When I'm doing an album, I'm usually like some deranged @#%@%@ pregnant man. I didn't get myself too involved. When I have a vision in my head ? I don't play music. I can't read music. I can't hardly read English considering I'm so dyslexic. I had to detach myself from it, you know. And the success of the TV show was (considers) it just put me on this ride, you know.

The News Tribune: Were you apprehensive about how people would receive your album after the show?

Ozzy: Well, no. Luckily for me, I've done other projects of covers and things that have been great sellers for me. But that was just to let (fans) know that I'm still around, you know. But my own albums, they've always been successful, you know. So for whatever reason this album, "Black Rain", didn't do as well as (expected). I can't really complain because I've had such a great ? next year it'll be 40 years I've been doing what I've been doing.

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #282 on: July 06, 2007, 01:53:46 PM »

ary Graff of Billboard.com reports that about 3,000 tickets for each of Ozzfest 2007's 24 shows ? which begin Thursday in Auburn, Wash. ? have been held back in order to provide upgraded seating for fans. Those will include reserved pavilion locations and even some seats that are actually on the stage.

"On the day of the show you can get to different booths, enter a lottery and get upgraded," Ozzfest organizer Sharon Osbourne explains to Billboard.com. "We'll be upgrading throughout the day, 3,000 people. That's a lot of people to upgrade."

Osbourne adds that the upgrades will be handled in a manner that puts some premium on arriving early for the show, although this year's Ozzfest will begin at noon, rather than 10 a.m. or earlier in previous years. Doors will open at 10:30 a.m.

Sharon Osbourne also revealed that talks are ongoing about a BLACK SABBATH reunion in 2008.

"We're definitely talking to the guys, just talking," she says. "I think when they finish their (HEAVEN AND HELL with Ronnie James Dio) tour and we finish (Ozzfest), we can sit down and spend more time on it."

guns_n_motley
« Reply #283 on: July 06, 2007, 02:16:58 PM »

reunion?? they never broke up?? and they toured 2 years ago....oh wait, its just sharons ploy of getting more people to see them confused
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #284 on: July 06, 2007, 02:22:11 PM »

reunion?? they never broke up?? and they toured 2 years ago....oh wait, its just sharons ploy of getting more people to see them confused

it wasn't sharon saying reunion.. it's the article who says the word reunion Roll Eyes
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #285 on: July 06, 2007, 02:23:11 PM »

I don't know that it's a ploy.  They're currently touring separately, so when they get back together that, to me, IS a reunion. 

But a show I'd REALLY like to see would be this one.

Dio
Ozzy Osbourne
Rainbow
Deep Purple
Black Sabbath

So many members have overlapped between those bands, that you could put on an amazing show.  RJD did Dio, Rainbow, and Sabbath, Ozzy's solo and Sabbath, Ritchie Blackmore's in Deep Purple and Rainbow, Ian Gillan did Purple and Sabbath...it would be an incredible gig.

You could have Sabbath doing material from three vocalists...oh, man, what a killer show that would be.  Of course, stamina would be an issue.  Can these old geezers really do that many performances in one night?  Maybe short sets from all but Purple and Sabbath?  That might work.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
guns_n_motley
« Reply #286 on: July 06, 2007, 02:35:10 PM »

hiatus is more of a word to use. they toured 2 years ago and took a break to do their own stuff. they are still in the band, its not like they have to negotiate contracts to get guys back in the band etc.
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #287 on: July 09, 2007, 01:03:42 AM »

For those of you die hard Ozzy fans, you need to buy the Japanese release of Black Rain.

It contains a better cover photo, a jewel case, lyrics, songwriting credits, liner notes, AND two bonus tracks, "I Can't Save You" and "Nightmare".

"Nightmare" is an incredible song, and better than any song of the official release of the album.
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #288 on: July 20, 2007, 09:07:46 PM »

For those of you die hard Ozzy fans, you need to buy the Japanese release of Black Rain.

It contains a better cover photo, a jewel case, lyrics, songwriting credits, liner notes, AND two bonus tracks, "I Can't Save You" and "Nightmare".

"Nightmare" is an incredible song, and better than any song of the official release of the album.

That is not an exaggeration at all. I think "I can't save you" is one of the best songs he's done in years as well. "Nightmare" is a fucking masterpiece.  One of the best songs of his career, and I grew up a huge sabbath fan. It's insane that it's not on the album. I don't know if it's the artsists, the labels, management, or what but this is as bad as "Messages" and "Gas and a $ Laugh" not being on Libertad.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #289 on: July 29, 2007, 01:47:28 PM »

Denver's 9NEWS entertainment reporter Kirk Montgomery has confirmed Ozzy Osbourne had surgery at Rose Medical Center Saturday night (July 28).

The 59-year-old was in town for Ozzfest 2007, which took place at Coors Amphitheatre on Saturday.

Kirk reports that Osbourne was complaining of leg pain for most of the day. After the show, Osbourne was taken to Rose where he underwent surgery on his leg for a blood clot.

Osbourne was expected to be released from the hospital on Sunday. Kirk says wife Sharon was not travelling with him.

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #290 on: August 30, 2007, 12:07:57 PM »

Iommi: 2008 Sabbath Tour Not 'In Stone' Yet

There's plenty of talk about a Black Sabbath reunion for 2008. It's just not coming from the band members themselves. Guitarist Tony Iommi tells Billboard.com that even though "everybody's been talking to me" about the much-reported regrouping, "there's nothing in stone at all. It's very loose, so we'll see what happens."

Sharon Osbourne, original frontman Ozzy Osbourne's wife and manager, indicated earlier this year that Sabbath would be working together in 2008, and recently confirmed that "we're definitely talking to the guys." She hopes to further the discussions while Ozzy is on the road this fall on his post-Ozzfest tour with Rob Zombie and as Iommi and bassist Terry "Geezer" Butler finish up their Heaven & Hell tour with Ronnie James Dio.

Iommi says he'd like to see any Sabbath reunion involve some new music; the group's original lineup hasn't released a full set of fresh material since 1978's "Never Say Die!," though it did include a couple of new tracks on the 1998 live album "Reunion."

"I've been going on for a few years now saying I think we should've done an album a long time ago," Iommi explains. "It would be nice to do one, but, again, it's having the time to do it. I haven't written an album with Ozzy for a long time, so we'll have to see how long that'll take, and what it involves."

Iommi says he and Osbourne have been talking throughout the year and reports that the singer is "doing quite alright. He sounded fine when I spoke to him. We usually check in with each other and say, 'How you doing?'"

Heaven & Hell, meanwhile, is gearing up for a second North American tour, which kicks off Sept. 5 with opening acts Alice Cooper and Queensryche. This time out the group is supporting the "Live From Radio City Music Hall" CD and DVD, and Iommi and Butler acknowledged that they're intrigued by the possibility of continuing this band as well.

"It could happen, but we're not planning anything yet," says Butler. "We've always said it's just for this year only and that's it. But if something happens in the future ... I mean, I didn't even know this was gonna happen a year ago, so never say never."

Iommi adds, "I think we'd probably like to do something, whether it's an album or whatever, because it's such a great lineup. We've sort of mentioned it, but we've not really gone further with it. I think when we get to the end of this year we'll probably make some kind of decision."

JMack
VIP

Hammerstein NYC 1988

« Reply #291 on: August 30, 2007, 01:31:29 PM »

Black Sabbath is Black Sabbath for some reason?? I don't mind Ozzy or Dio doing Sabbath.? Yes they have had multiple singers but only these 2 I consider Black Sabbath.? Who knows how many drummers the band has gone through.? If you made me choose I would pick Ozzy as the man.? He does have a fear or Tony I. though.? He once said he was scared of him, not physically but mentally.? Sabbath is Classic no matter what.? I saw Van Halen open for Sabbath.? So I go back aways.? I remember Ozzy going crazy on the side watching a young Eddie play.? He always loved great guitar players.? OZZY found Randy Rhodes and he was by far the best guitarist I've ever seen live.? I think that Ozzy with Rhodes played Sabbath better than even Sabbath.? I have been listening to The Randy Rhodes Tribute CD for a few days now.? I remembering watching that show After hours and just remembering Ozzy is back and better than ever.? I saw them live at the Palladium in 81 and that was in my top 2 live shows ever.? No matter what though Dio has done well with Sabbath and put on a great show too.

"Your not a man until you've hunted man with Your BFFL SLCPUNK."  He's so dreamy.
http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #292 on: September 06, 2007, 07:20:53 PM »

Ozzy returns to the road October 18 in Seattle, WA for a massive 40-show North American fall tour in support of "Black Rain" ? his critically acclaimed first album of new studio material in six years ? with special guest ROB ZOMBIE. General ticket on-sales start Friday, September 14. Confirmed dates are as follows:

Oct. 18 - Seattle, WA - KeyArena
Oct. 20 - Vancouver, BC - GM Place
Oct. 22 - Edmonton, AB - Rexall Place
Oct. 24 - Saskatoon, SK - Credit Union Centre
Oct. 27 - Winnipeg, MB - MTS Centre
Oct. 29 - Fargo, ND - Fargodome
Oct. 31 - Minneapolis, MN - Target Center
Nov. 02 - Des Moines, IA - Veterans Memorial Auditorium
Nov. 04 - Sioux City, IA - Gateway Arena
Nov. 06 - Rapid City, SD - Rushmore Plaza Civic Center
Nov. 09 - Billings, MT - MetraPark Arena
Nov. 11 - Salt Lake City, UT - The E-Center
Nov. 14 - Portland, OR - Rose Garden
Nov. 16 - Stockton, CA - Stockton Arena
Nov. 18 - Oakland, CA - ORACLE Arena
Nov. 20 - San Diego, CA - San Diego Sports Arena
Nov. 24 - Las Vegas, NV - The Joint
Nov. 26 - Bakersfield, CA - Rabobank Arena
Nov. 28 - Glendale, AZ - Jobing.com Arena
Nov. 30 - Los Angeles, CA - STAPLES Center
Dec. 04 - Denver, CO - Pepsi Center
Dec. 06 - Oklahoma City, OK - Ford Center
Dec. 08 - Wichita, KS - Kansas Coliseum
Dec. 11 - Kansas City, MO - Sprint Center
Dec. 13 - Milwaukee, WI - Bradley Center
Dec. 16 - Chicago, IL - Allstate Arena
Dec. 18 - Detroit, MI - Joe Louis Arena
Dec. 20 - Pittsburgh, PA - Mellon Arena
Dec. 22 - New York, NY - Madison Square Garden
Jan. 03 - Portland, ME - Cumberland County Civic Center
Jan. 05 - Washington, DC - Verizon Center
Jan. 08 - Worcester, MA - DCU Center
Jan. 10 - Philadelphia, PA - Wachovia Spectrum
Jan. 14 - Quebec City, QC - Colis?e Pepsi Arena
Jan. 16 - Montreal, QC - Bell Centre
Jan. 19 - London, ON - John Labatt Centre
Jan. 21 - Toronto, ON - Air Canada Centre
Jan. 24 - Cleveland, OH - Quicken Loans Arena

SLCPUNK
« Reply #293 on: September 07, 2007, 12:07:08 AM »

That is the best news I've heard for a while. I'm going to LAS VEGAS!!!!!   peace peace peace peace
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #294 on: September 07, 2007, 02:29:39 PM »

I'll be at the Metra gig!

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
GeraldFord
« Reply #295 on: September 09, 2007, 10:29:30 AM »

Check this out, Van Halen and Black Sabbath--1978

SLCPUNK
« Reply #296 on: September 10, 2007, 01:51:37 AM »

That's a cool ass pic! ^^^
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #297 on: September 29, 2007, 04:57:40 PM »

Couldn't get tickets for the Metrapark show, the damn thing sold out in 3 hours!

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
Cornell
Nice to you
Legend

« Reply #298 on: September 29, 2007, 10:42:30 PM »

Alice Cooper appears to have replaced ROB ZOMBIE on the upcoming HEAVEN AND HELL tour, which also features QUEENSR?CHE in the opening slot. However, it is not presently clear if ALICE COOPER will play all the shows on the trek or if he will only be added to select gigs. So far the following dates have been leaked:

Sep. 05 - Broome County Arena - Binghamton, NY

I was there!  It was a great show!  beer

It was the first time that I saw Alice Cooper and I really enjoyed it much more than I expected to.  Great night! ok

Why don't you just....
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #299 on: October 08, 2007, 06:36:56 PM »

Ozzy Says He'll Headline 2008 Ozzfest

Forget those rumors that Ozzfest will have to do without Ozzy Osbourne in the future. The Prince of Darkness told reporters during a teleconference today (Oct. Cool that he'll be at the top of the 2008 Ozzfest bill -- "as far as I know."

He did not, however, indicate whether the annual heavy metal summer trek would remain free for attendees, as it was this past summer, saying that would be his wife, manager and Ozzfest creator Sharon Osbourne's decision.

Osbourne -- who begins an arena tour with Rob Zombie on Oct. 18 in Seattle -- told Billboard.com that any Black Sabbath plans in 2008, for Ozzfest or separately, are up in the air. "I'm the last person to be told anything," he cracked, but Osbourne noted that he felt if Sabbath was to do anything it would have to be up to a certain standard.

"I'd love to do another Black Sabbath album," Osbourne said. "We did try and write together; there are a bunch of things written. But the problem I'm having is it's got to be at least on the same level as when we departed. If it's not, then what's the point in doing it. I'm definitely doing another album, whether with my own band or Sabbath. As long as I'm not doing bullsh*t..."

Osbourne said that his upcoming arena trek, still supporting his latest album, "Black Rain," came about because "I happened to mention to Sharon at the beginning of this year that one thing I really miss is doing arenas, 'cause the Ozzfest, we didn't think it would last nowhere near as long as it did. I just missed doing arenas. It's part of what rock'n'roll's about."

In the wide-ranging conversation, Osbourne also said he has no plans to write a book (blaming poor short-term memory) and will not be cooperating with filmmaker Peter Margolis' forthcoming documentary about Osbourne's original guitarist, the late Randy Rhoads. He did, however, defend Sharon from attacks made in the British press by her brother David Arden, who said that "she will keep Ozzy on the road until ... he dies on stage."

"Let me put this straight -- my wife does not get involved with telling me about working," Osbourne said. "My wife can't make me do anything I don't want to do. I think the guy needs to see a f*cking psychiatrist."

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 26 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: