Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 10, 2024, 07:22:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228026 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  MY PROBLEM WITH US TOUR DATES SO FAR
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: MY PROBLEM WITH US TOUR DATES SO FAR  (Read 19952 times)
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #60 on: September 13, 2006, 04:34:27 PM »

Guys', watch the Rock Am Ring performance, and then tell me they are booking too many gigs. ?This is the best live hard rock band on the planet, and at some point, even the "bling-blingers" are going to get it!!! ?Inland Invasion, if it is broadcast, is going to be a huge boost for the band!!! ?That is why, I wish at the least, the new management would have gathered together an hour of footage from Europe, and broadcast it on MTV or HBO--the live shows are proof of how great this band is!!! ?Build it, and they will come!! ?I do believe, in the long run, great shows will build momemtum.
Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #61 on: September 13, 2006, 04:36:21 PM »

This is fucking retarded. Announce all the tour dates and the album at once, like every other band. This tour is going to be a major fuck up if they start putting these tickets on sale without an announcement of the whole tour and the album. This is some slick marketing!!
Agreed and I have been saying this for MONTHS!!!!!

Anyone who thinks doing things this way is stupid, and the numbers in terms of ticket sales will prove that, now if they give us a release date and/or a single...EVERYTHING will change!

That may come soon......I would love to just flip on the radio and hear a new GNR tune playing before I found out about it on the internet.....

NOW GO HOME AND GET YOUR FUCKIN' SHINEBOX!!!
requiem156
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #62 on: September 13, 2006, 04:37:20 PM »

I think a bigger question not being asked here is shouldn't there be a single coming out soon. Once a single gets played on the radio and casual fans hear it and hear the 'new' Guns N Roses, may prompt more casual rock fans to get into them and buy a ticket.

Of course, since I'm not not a marketing expert and music major, my theory is irrelevant and invalid. And Guns will sell as many tickets without a single as they would with..

Not saying it's invalid, and as long as you're presenting it as a "theory" I have no problem with it. It's the people with zero experience in the business or music that start talking like they have the solution to any problem that GNR has ever had that I can do without. All I'm saying is this- we can all make conjectures about what would be the best thing for GNR to do, and it's an entertaining way to spend some time. On the other hand, there people who are highly paid to work on this stuff 24/7 and whose careers are on the line. So, do you really think that a fan who thinks about it for 15-20 minutes a day knows more about it then any of these people, not the least of which being Axl Rose? I mean, you all profess to be huge fans - wouldn't you think that he might be as smart or smarter than you are, especially considering that he has been in the business of creating and promoting music for a little longer than most of us, and been quite successful at it?
Jaeball104
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #63 on: September 13, 2006, 04:38:27 PM »

You are incredibaly wrong if you think there will be as many tickets sold prior to any music being released as there would be if the music came out first.

All you moderators and big shits including Jarmo are missing the point of the thread.

I am not complaining that there will be all these shows... I hope Axl plays as many shows as he freakin wants... because we havent had the privlidge to see him much over the past 13 years or so.

I will go to as many shows as i possibaly can i hope they play MSG, Hammerstein, Nassau Coliseum, Jones Beach ,Albany and everywherelse in the Tri State Are.

but most of the people who go to larger venue shows are not Die Hards like us who spend our lives on these boards talking about and waiting for Axl

This is why I was stated i think its a mistake to book all these shows in small places without any new music first! Us die hards will love to see them anyway but others won't feel the same way. And it wouldnt be good for this band without Slash and Duff to play half empty shows....becasue then critics and reporters will say there ar empty seats becasue no Slash, Duff and then they will slam the music. and i dont think any of us want that

FOR GOD SAKE THE SECOND VEGAS SHOW DIDNT EVERN SELL OUT I BELIVE and that is a SMALLLLLL venue in a popular city

I hope that clears up my original post... and if you disagree with me then thats fine. But I AM NOT COMPLAINING!
Mattattack
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #64 on: September 13, 2006, 04:48:12 PM »

Guys', watch the Rock Am Ring performance, and then tell me they are booking too many gigs.  This is the best live hard rock band on the planet, and at some point, even the "bling-blingers" are going to get it!!!  Inland Invasion, if it is broadcast, is going to be a huge boost for the band!!!  That is why, I wish at the least, the new management would have gathered together an hour of footage from Europe, and broadcast it on MTV or HBO--the live shows are proof of how great this band is!!!  Build it, and they will come!!  I do believe, in the long run, great shows will build momemtum.
People here don't care how good the band is. All they care about is that Slash isn't in the band, and it's just Axl touring under the GnR name. He really has to release a single and album pronto for this tour to have any chance at success.
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #65 on: September 13, 2006, 04:49:35 PM »

In Jaeball's & others defense I think he is just trying to be pro-active, and look ahead. What if things went not as planned. But again, only what 3 shows have been announced so far, & 4 or 5 warm up shows..

As of yet none of us know how this tour will be scheduled, or marketed. Maybe it will work out, Axl said an Album will come out this year, so an release date could come within a few weeks, as could a single.

I don't blame whoever posted this, or accuse them of complaining, just think it was a little premature & jumping to conclusions as only 1 state has been announced so far. Who knows, myb after Fla they'll only do bigger cities. Then people in smaller cities will be having to travel 3-4 hours to a show. We'll see.

Judge Dredd
VIP

Pretty Hate Machine

« Reply #66 on: September 13, 2006, 04:58:05 PM »

The UK and European tour pretty much sold out with no new material being released.

If the Americans are concerned that Guns can't sell out American venues, it merely strengthens my belief that the a lot of Americans have little or no clue when it comes to music and are brainwashed by the flavour of the week/month on MTV.

http://www.gnrstrip.com/forum/

Give Peace A Chance...
Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #67 on: September 13, 2006, 05:04:12 PM »

The UK and European tour pretty much sold out with no new material being released.

If the Americans are concerned that Guns can't sell out American venues, it merely strengthens my belief that the a lot of Americans have little or no clue when it comes to music and are brainwashed by the flavour of the week/month on MTV.

I live in New York and I am proud and happy to be an American but...I agree with you.....ages 15 - 25 don't know shit as far as music....not all of them but for the most part....P. DIDDY CAN BITE ME!!!!!...I'll whack that softy fucker out!!!!...The real good rappers hate him and make fun of him anyway....

NOW GO HOME AND GET YOUR FUCKIN' SHINEBOX!!!
chinesedemocracy05
Banned
Rocker

SPRECHMAN!

« Reply #68 on: September 13, 2006, 05:12:49 PM »

Well, BOO-HOO Guns N' Roses is touring and they're playing lots of shows! This is so bad. Cry

I can't believe some people actually whine about this stuff, it's hard to believe you're fans.

At no point were theyy whining. Are you living in the real world? GNR isnt gonna sell out 4 shows in one state. half the fucking shows were half full in 2002. But, because someone points out something that isnt along the lines of "God Axl Rose is the 2nd coming of jesus christ" its horrible. Some of You mods are sooooooooooo sarcastic its unbelievable. That really was one of the stupidist things anyone has ever written here.

They just thought Id know better. Better.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #69 on: September 13, 2006, 05:14:39 PM »

Why would a new album make peopele rush to the shows?

It's not like MTV would be playing the new video.... Unless it's in a reality show.? Wink

True, a new album would get the band some publicity, but would that make people buy tickets?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
themovieaddict.com
« Reply #70 on: September 13, 2006, 05:18:34 PM »

It's not like MTV would be playing the new video.... Unless it's in a reality show.  Wink

True, a new album would get the band some publicity, but would that make people buy tickets?

/jarmo

I think more people would hear the new music. It would get more exposure. And people skeptical of the new band would be more interested afterwards and go there at least to hear some of the cool new songs they liked off the album.

I do think releasing an album would greatly help them, but we'll see.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #71 on: September 13, 2006, 05:19:38 PM »

But by that logic every band who releases an album should be playing arenas.....  Wink

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #72 on: September 13, 2006, 05:21:13 PM »

Well, BOO-HOO Guns N' Roses is touring and they're playing lots of shows! This is so bad. Cry

I can't believe some people actually whine about this stuff, it's hard to believe you're fans.

At no point were theyy whining. Are you living in the real world? GNR isnt gonna sell out 4 shows in one state. half the fucking shows were half full in 2002. But, because someone points out something that isnt along the lines of "God Axl Rose is the 2nd coming of jesus christ" its horrible. Some of You mods are sooooooooooo sarcastic its unbelievable. That really was one of the stupidist things anyone has ever written here.

"stupidist" things ever said???

Well, when you misspell "stupid" what does that make one? ? ok
themovieaddict.com
« Reply #73 on: September 13, 2006, 05:24:42 PM »

But by that logic every band who releases an album should be playing arenas.....  Wink

/jarmo

Not every band that releases an album is as huge or iconic as Guns N' Roses, though. No other band could take a 13-year hiatus and make a $13 million + album and still have the kind of artistic freedom that Axl Rose does. It proves how iconic he has become that he still yields so much power in the music world, despite the fact that his mainstream popularity was at its peak over a decade ago.
brock
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #74 on: September 13, 2006, 05:38:36 PM »

It's not like MTV would be playing the new video.... Unless it's in a reality show.? Wink

/jarmo
ARE YOU SERIOUS? LOL

Why would a new album make a difference? LOL  Give me a break
Judge Dredd
VIP

Pretty Hate Machine

« Reply #75 on: September 13, 2006, 05:40:32 PM »

Are you living in the real world? GNR isnt gonna sell out 4 shows in one state.

Why not?

Are you telling me they couldn't sell out 4 MSG's in New York or the equivalent in California?

Guns could have probably sold 4 or 5 shows at Wembley easily.

http://www.gnrstrip.com/forum/

Give Peace A Chance...
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #76 on: September 13, 2006, 05:47:32 PM »

the way they are promoting things doesn't make much sense.. but to bitch that they are playing too many shows in a certain state is silly.   its not like they can do a tour of Montana.  Florida is a heavily populated area with lots of metropolitan areas.   They are still annoucning more and more dates so I'm sure they'll be making rounds all over North America.  peace
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #77 on: September 13, 2006, 06:00:50 PM »

/jarmo
ARE YOU SERIOUS? LOL

Why would a new album make a difference? LOL? Give me a break

You think the album will make people who don't give a fuck about rock music to start buying tickets?

That's how you sell out venues. You make the concert an event. Where even the most casual music fans will go...

You know, the people who say "I don't really like the band but I liked that one song" or "I had to come see this band because everyone talks about them".

Aren't some of you who think they have to release the album the same people who think the new songs aren't any good? ?Tongue

/jarmo

charl!edontsurf
Rocker

Axl doesn't surf either...

« Reply #78 on: September 13, 2006, 06:16:07 PM »

Sometimes being a fan, means looking out for the best interest of your favorite band. After the 2002 debacle, which reigns as the worst comeback attempt in the history of rock, Guns should be doing it right this time. I have been a fan since the early days and there is way too much riding on this tour to be selfish and want four shows in your state.

I don't want Axl to blow anymore awards shows (is he getting worse or better, I can't decide), I don't want anymore half-full shows. I live in Canada, and have travelled to Vancouver (cough) and to Tacoma in 2002. Tacoma was the biggest bore-fest in the history of concerts. It was a third full. It was embarrassing. Pathetic.

In contrast, the Europe tour this summer, was a far greater success. I attended 4 of those shows, only one of which was sold out (Hammersmith Odeon). The other shows were near capacity and didn't suffer from the former problems, but when I can take a train to Paris and get a ticket from Ticketnet the day of the show (capacity 15,000), something is terribly wrong.

Its promotion. Pretty much end of story. GnR has bad management. All the best managers out there are with artists actually DOING something, for better or worse.

As a fan, I think Axl/Management should put there egos aside and fill what they can. Axl isn't King Tut anymore, he's an enigma of his former self. GnR puts on a great show, but joe-blow-America doesn't know or doesn't care unless he sees promotion. Play the hell out of the States, but at least tell people you're coming.

VAN: 11-7-2002 (RIOT!)
TACOMA: 11-8-2002
LONDON: 6-7-2006
DUBLIN: 6-9-2006
PARIS: 6-20-2006
ZURICH: 7-1-2006
CGY: 12-6-2006
EDM: 12-7-2006
CGY: 1-16-2010
EDM: 1-17-2010
SEA: 12-16-2011
VAN:
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #79 on: September 13, 2006, 06:17:48 PM »

Well, if no one shows up at the Tampa gig then I get my very own individual one on one concert Tongue

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: