Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 10, 2024, 02:37:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228026 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  MY PROBLEM WITH US TOUR DATES SO FAR
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: MY PROBLEM WITH US TOUR DATES SO FAR  (Read 19948 times)
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #80 on: September 13, 2006, 06:18:04 PM »

It seems to me that Axl and the boys are playing too many dates.

I don't see how they are going to come close to selling out these dates in Tampa, Jacksonville, Nashville and small cities such as this....I have NEVER HEARD OF ESTERO FL!!!!!

they should do 2 dates in FLorida... MAX...

Theya re going to end up not selling out thesse venues and then the press is going to turn on them and say look they cant sell out gigs... i think it will turn into bad press...

I think they should have stuck to major cities in the U.S.   until the album is out and hopefully doing well.

DOes anybodyelse agree?

It's almost completely unbelieveable to me that people are complaining about too many GNR shows.

Wait, nevermind... this is just another example of people finding anything to complain about.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
King Sand
Patron Saint of Dust N' Bones
Rocker

... And there was nothing left but a grain of Sand

« Reply #81 on: September 13, 2006, 06:18:39 PM »

The new album, released or not, would have little effect on ticket sales.  Do you think that thousands of people all of a sudden went to see The Rolling Stones just because they released "A Bigger Bang"??  Hell no!! People went to see the Stones because they were the FUCKING STONES!!!  Yeah, the album will have some impact on ticket sales (if it is a success)..  But the true fans of rock will see GNR because they like rock, not some new album.

"Strange travel plans are dancing lessons from God." - Kurt Vonnegut
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #82 on: September 13, 2006, 06:25:11 PM »

Maybe don't bother releasing an album.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
IndiannaRose
VIP

AiN'T iT FuN WhEn YoU KnOw YoU'Re GoNnA DiE YoUnG

« Reply #83 on: September 13, 2006, 06:26:47 PM »

Jarmo, some people say that tours are engaged to promote an album, but in reality it is truly the other way around. It is the album that promotes the tour. Touring is where bands make their true income (merchandise + ticket sales). I can say from personal experience that when a band that I use to largely support or like in the past releases a new album, my interest for them skyrockets. This happened with me with Garbage, Nince Inch Nails, Bon Jovi, U2, etc...

The reason for that being is that these albums have singles and videos that let the audience out there know that this band is alive and running. Also, by saying that a new album won't do anything to garner ticket sales you're also saying that the new Guns N' Roses will not be able to garner a new audience with a new album. Well, let me tell you, in my opinion there is no doubt in my mind that they can. You know, people can become fans of Guns N' Roses for the first time after listening to songs like Better or There Was A Time.

New albums are just the tools that garner a huge new interest when it comes to bands like Guns N' Roses. Videos, especially in the digital age (Youtube & Launch) can just bring in a massive audience to any band. Trust me Jarmo, a new album/single/video will help this band in more ways than you think.

Oh yeah, also, GN'R are not the Rolling Stones. The Rolling Stones have been constantly touring for so long that their tours have become an 'event' of sort. Also, people tend to just brush off new material from them. Although, a band like GN'R that has been dormant for so many years (American wise) will need a promotional boost for this tour. That boost is Chinese Democracy ('Greatest Hits' also brought back interest to GN'R in a BIG way). I mean, c'mon', we've all seen what has happened in the past when New GN'R tried to tour without an album support. Eh, yeah, the '02 debacle.

People need to know that they are a functioning band. An album release is the way in which it will be done (or atleast should). This is a scenario that is especially only suited and linked with GN'R.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2006, 06:30:00 PM by IndiannaRose » Logged
brock
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #84 on: September 13, 2006, 06:37:07 PM »

Jarmo, some people say that tours are engaged to promote an album, but in reality it is truly the other way around. It is the album that promotes the tour. Touring is where bands make their true income (merchandise + ticket sales). I can say from personal experience that when a band that I use to largely support or like in the past releases a new album, my interest for them skyrockets. This happened with me with Garbage, Nince Inch Nails, Bon Jovi, U2, etc...

The reason for that being is that these albums have singles and videos that let the audience out there know that this band is alive and running. Also, by saying that a new album won't do anything to garner ticket sales you're also saying that the new Guns N' Roses will not be able to garner a new audience with a new album. Well, let me tell you, in my opinion there is no doubt in my mind that they can. You know, people can become fans of Guns N' Roses for the first time after listening to songs like Better or There Was A Time.

New albums are just the tools that garner a huge new interest when it comes to bands like Guns N' Roses. Videos, especially in the digital age (Youtube & Launch) can just bring in a massive audience to any band. Trust me Jarmo, a new album/single/video will help this band in more ways than you think.

Oh yeah, also, GN'R are not the Rolling Stones. The Rolling Stones have been constantly touring for so long that their tours have become an 'event' of sort. Also, people tend to just brush off new material from them. Although, a band like GN'R that has been dormant for so many years (American wise) will need a promotional boost for this tour. That boost is Chinese Democracy ('Greatest Hits' also brought back interest to GN'R in a BIG way). I mean, c'mon', we've all seen what has happened in the past when New GN'R tried to tour without an album support. Eh, yeah, the '02 debacle.

People need to know that they are a functioning band. An album release is the way in which it will be done (or atleast should). This is a scenario that is especially only suited and linked with GN'R.
Well said!

We need the album first and foremost before anything else, touring at this point without the album is fairly pointless...
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #85 on: September 13, 2006, 07:08:25 PM »

I think playing as many shows as possible is a good thing, but I also believe a new album, video or single would definitely help ticket sales... it definitely won't hurt them. peace
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #86 on: September 13, 2006, 07:17:54 PM »

Jarmo, some people say that tours are engaged to promote an album, but in reality it is truly the other way around. It is the album that promotes the tour. Touring is where bands make their true income (merchandise + ticket sales).

I think it goes both ways.

I can say from personal experience that when a band that I use to largely support or like in the past releases a new album, my interest for them skyrockets. This happened with me with Garbage, Nince Inch Nails, Bon Jovi, U2, etc...

My interest in a band increases when they do something.

The reason for that being is that these albums have singles and videos that let the audience out there know that this band is alive and running.

Well, they seemed pretty alive in Europe without that. Wink

Axl getting arrested in Stockholm let a lot of people know he was "out there" don't you think?

Also, by saying that a new album won't do anything to garner ticket sales you're also saying that the new Guns N' Roses will not be able to garner a new audience with a new album. Well, let me tell you, in my opinion there is no doubt in my mind that they can. You know, people can become fans of Guns N' Roses for the first time after listening to songs like Better or There Was A Time.

No, I'm not saying that.

All I'm saying is that people like to have all kinds of theories about how the album's release would solve all "problems" and how everything should be done (play these songs, play here, play there etc etc.).

I think the release of new material would cause more interest in the band. But I don't think it would guarantee they'd sell out arenas faster....

I don't doubt it wouldn't help.

As I said, I don't think it would guarantee more sold out shows.

We need the album first and foremost before anything else, touring at this point without the album is fairly pointless...

Tell that to all the people over here in Europe who had a great time at the shows.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #87 on: September 13, 2006, 07:28:42 PM »

Jarmo question for you. Did you notice, or are you able to research, an increase in new viewers to your site, or new people registering when the leaks came out.. Same thing with when the European tour & US tour have now been announced. If these events increase views to your site don't you think a single or album might increase people's interest to PAY for a ticket to see them??

That's kind like saying "If people want to visit HTGTH they'll visit HTGTH, they won't need a new song to visit here." If that's how you think that's fine, I just think visits to this site will easily double once the album comes out.. Due to people Googling GnR, etc, but they're not aware of this site yet.
chinesedemocracy05
Banned
Rocker

SPRECHMAN!

« Reply #88 on: September 13, 2006, 07:28:51 PM »

Well, BOO-HOO Guns N' Roses is touring and they're playing lots of shows! This is so bad. Cry

I can't believe some people actually whine about this stuff, it's hard to believe you're fans.

At no point were theyy whining. Are you living in the real world? GNR isnt gonna sell out 4 shows in one state. half the fucking shows were half full in 2002. But, because someone points out something that isnt along the lines of "God Axl Rose is the 2nd coming of jesus christ" its horrible. Some of You mods are sooooooooooo sarcastic its unbelievable. That really was one of the stupidist things anyone has ever written here.

"stupidist" things ever said???

Well, when you misspell "stupid" what does that make one? ? ok

wow thanks man. that was dumb on my part. I feel like a jerk, but what adz said was still rediculous.

They just thought Id know better. Better.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #89 on: September 13, 2006, 07:37:49 PM »

Great attitude Jarmo and everyone else. I absolutely 100 percent agree.

I am thrilled as fuck they are playing Nashville. This will be the first opportunity I have ever had to see GNR live.

If Axl plots every move worried about the press than he would have to just go back home cause he isnt gonna please everyone, especially biased critics with their own agendas.

So Im glad he has the attitude he has, Fuck the press, fuck haters, fuck the naysayers and he is gonna do what he wants to do, this is the way it should be.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #90 on: September 13, 2006, 07:39:14 PM »

Jarmo question for you. Did you notice, or are you able to research, an increase in new viewers to your site, or new people registering when the leaks came out.. Same thing with when the European tour & US tour have now been announced. If these events increase views to your site don't you think a single or album might increase people's interest to PAY for a ticket to see them??

That's kind like saying "If people want to visit HTGTH they'll visit HTGTH, they won't need a new song to visit here." If that's how you think that's fine, I just think visits to this site will easily double once the album comes out.. Due to people Googling GnR, etc, but they're not aware of this site yet.

Sorry for the double post.. Dude I don't think Jarmo is in this to see how many members he can get. I have a feeling this board would still be here whether there were 100 or 1 million fans.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #91 on: September 13, 2006, 07:45:04 PM »

Sorry for the double post.. Dude I don't think Jarmo is in this to see how many members he can get. I have a feeling this board would still be here whether there were 100 or 1 million fans.

I didn't mean it like that.. I was trying to make an analogy between events which cause an increase of people visiting a bands fansite and how they may cause an increase in people buying tickets.

Sorry for any confusion.  ok  It was a futile attempt I know. Embarrassed
« Last Edit: September 13, 2006, 07:46:54 PM by pasnow » Logged
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #92 on: September 13, 2006, 07:47:24 PM »

Yes, there's been an increase in traffic every time something big has happened in the GN'R world.

Greatest Hits, leaks, NYC shows, European tour, VMAs.....

I didn't say it woudn't help, I'm saying people need to be realistic. Some seem to think a new album is some miracle thing that would guaratee sold out shows all over the place.

I don't think it's that easy because of how the "business" is these days....

Besides, we don't even know what the plan is.

Axl says "this year". That could mean during the tour as well...

I'm kinda puzzled about how people think. GN'R sold out several shows over here (and before you Americans say "yeah, even David Hasselhoff could do that", they sold out shows in the UK as well.). Are European rock fans just more used to looking up who's playing where themselves instead of waiting for somebody to tell them? Or is rock music in general just more popular here (I saw people who were barely born back when AFD was released at the shows)?

I don't know...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #93 on: September 13, 2006, 07:53:57 PM »

I will say I'm very impressed they played what, 10 shows or so in UK. That's very impressive. Back OT, I really think it's too early for us or anyone to say what they're doing right/wrong. I expect a few more cities announced tomorrow & Friday, then next week. So we'll see.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #94 on: September 13, 2006, 08:22:44 PM »

About the ticket sales in the U.S: it was the same thing for the Paris show, everybody though it would be half-empty that the tickets didn"t sell enough etc... but at the end the Arena was almost packed. It was not sold-out, but there were much more people than I though.?? Smiley
There was a very few promotion as well, nothing compared to the promotion for a Madonna Concert or something like that for exemple, but the Arena was not empty at all. So don't worry.
Anyway, have a good show, I hope for you you will have less solos/interludes/jams/bossa-nova waiting interludes, and put the piano, and push the piano, and move the piano, and clean the stage, and dring a coca-cola, and go offstage,? and this and that exept playing songs. I hope you will have more songs, especially new ones. I also hope you won't be bored as much as I did because of all those things. lol.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
charl!edontsurf
Rocker

Axl doesn't surf either...

« Reply #95 on: September 13, 2006, 09:05:08 PM »

Paris vs. Estero. Battle!

VAN: 11-7-2002 (RIOT!)
TACOMA: 11-8-2002
LONDON: 6-7-2006
DUBLIN: 6-9-2006
PARIS: 6-20-2006
ZURICH: 7-1-2006
CGY: 12-6-2006
EDM: 12-7-2006
CGY: 1-16-2010
EDM: 1-17-2010
SEA: 12-16-2011
VAN:
veritas55
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #96 on: September 13, 2006, 09:19:00 PM »

Ticket sales didnt cancel the 2002 tour, ridiculous demands from Clear Channel did.

rofl  That's the funniest thing I have read in quite some time.  Good one.
flickn
« Reply #97 on: September 13, 2006, 09:26:45 PM »

Jarmo, some people say that tours are engaged to promote an album, but in reality it is truly the other way around. It is the album that promotes the tour. Touring is where bands make their true income (merchandise + ticket sales).

I think it goes both ways.

I can say from personal experience that when a band that I use to largely support or like in the past releases a new album, my interest for them skyrockets. This happened with me with Garbage, Nince Inch Nails, Bon Jovi, U2, etc...

My interest in a band increases when they do something.

The reason for that being is that these albums have singles and videos that let the audience out there know that this band is alive and running.

Well, they seemed pretty alive in Europe without that. Wink

Axl getting arrested in Stockholm let a lot of people know he was "out there" don't you think?

Also, by saying that a new album won't do anything to garner ticket sales you're also saying that the new Guns N' Roses will not be able to garner a new audience with a new album. Well, let me tell you, in my opinion there is no doubt in my mind that they can. You know, people can become fans of Guns N' Roses for the first time after listening to songs like Better or There Was A Time.

No, I'm not saying that.

All I'm saying is that people like to have all kinds of theories about how the album's release would solve all "problems" and how everything should be done (play these songs, play here, play there etc etc.).

I think the release of new material would cause more interest in the band. But I don't think it would guarantee they'd sell out arenas faster....

I don't doubt it wouldn't help.

As I said, I don't think it would guarantee more sold out shows.

Tell that to all the people over here in Europe who had a great time at the shows.

/jarmo

you forgetting this is america , nobody gives a fuck about axl , he needs to do more then just release a bunch of dates , he has had bad publicity left and right here in the states since he started puberty, he even knows that , the  american crowd is rough , he admitted it so then what the hell gives ?

9 out of 10 people I talk to outside this website could give a rats ass about Axl asshole .All they remember is the bad shit.
Ask yourselve this , what's he doing from this piont on to combat american centiment
robinfinckfan
« Reply #98 on: September 13, 2006, 09:31:23 PM »

Yes, there's been an increase in traffic every time something big has happened in the GN'R world.

Greatest Hits, leaks, NYC shows, European tour, VMAs.....

I didn't say it woudn't help, I'm saying people need to be realistic. Some seem to think a new album is some miracle thing that would guaratee sold out shows all over the place.

I don't think it's that easy because of how the "business" is these days....

Besides, we don't even know what the plan is.

Axl says "this year". That could mean during the tour as well...

I'm kinda puzzled about how people think. GN'R sold out several shows over here (and before you Americans say "yeah, even David Hasselhoff could do that", they sold out shows in the UK as well.). Are European rock fans just more used to looking up who's playing where themselves instead of waiting for somebody to tell them? Or is rock music in general just more popular here (I saw people who were barely born back when AFD was released at the shows)?

I don't know...

/jarmo
I would say Europe has more diehard fans of  GnR than in america. I think thats pretty obvious don't you?
Europe sold well and america won't without a album. Maybe were lazy or maybe axl is cuz he's the one that didn't show his face on a stage with some sort of solidified lineup calling themselves guns n' roses for 9 yrs and then pass it off as chinese democracy tour saying " soon is not the word". If the other  half of the arena is supposed to be packed with new fans how in the hell are they supposed to know when theres no product being promoted?
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #99 on: September 13, 2006, 09:32:47 PM »

I can't even believe this thread exists on a board for GNR fans.

You had NOTHING for years and now you have TOO MANY SHOWS? confused

Unbelievable. 
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: