Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 07:36:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227942 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Am I the only who is GLAD that they are not playing more new songs?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Am I the only who is GLAD that they are not playing more new songs?  (Read 6148 times)
veritas55
Rocker

Here Today...

« on: September 18, 2006, 08:34:27 PM »

You know, I understand the desire to open christmas presents before christmas -- especially if you have been waiting for christmas to arrive for about 10 years!

BUT I don't want more CD (or potential CD) songs to be showcased live before the album comes out.  I really like the teaser songs that have been leaked -- they have given me some faith that CD will be decent, if not excellent.  But I'd like to hear additional songs mixed and well-recorded - I want to be surprised when I first hear CD, just like I was when I bought appetite or the UYI's.  So, I understand why Axl is not playing any more new songs (and don't really get all the bashing over the set list).
dewdewboy
Banned
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2006, 08:37:50 PM »

Hummm..... Good point
mega_music
VIP

Chinese Democracy Is Coming Some Day!!!

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2006, 08:38:34 PM »

I understand what you mean, what the bashing mainly is over is to drop so much AFD mix in some UYI songs. We have the library lets add some new songs to the list. I do agree keep the other songs on CD a surprise until CD comes out. Im happy with the Blues, Maddy, Chinese, IRS, and Better at the shows. Thats plenty of songs of CD to keep us die hards happy, and also turn on some new people to the new material.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2006, 08:40:55 PM by mega_music » Logged

Chinese Democracy is Coming Someday
-Trevor-
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2006, 08:40:23 PM »

I'm glad too, i can wait for the album, I don't want the whole thing out before I get the actual CD. Cause i dont have the willpower NOT to listen to somethign that leaks, lol

Axl is God.
veritas55
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2006, 08:41:00 PM »

I understand what you mean, what the bashing mainly is over is to drop so much AFD mix in some UYI songs. We have the library lets add some new songs to the list. I do agree keep the other songs on CD a surprise until CD comes out. Im happy with the Blues, Maddy, Chinese, IRS, and Better at every show. Thats plenty of songs of CD to keep us die hards happy, and also turn on some new people to the new material.

I completely agree with the wishing the setlist would have a little more variety.  I would love Locomotive, Coma, and Yesterdays, for instance.  So, I hear you on that.  I thought a separate major gripe was that Axl wasn't putting in more CD songs.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2006, 08:42:48 PM by veritas55 » Logged
veritas55
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2006, 08:42:11 PM »

I'm glad too, i can wait for the album, I don't want the whole thing out before I get the actual CD. Cause i dont have the willpower NOT to listen to somethign that leaks, lol

yeah, me too, sadly!!  After hearing IRS (which I loved) and the initial part of Better, I swore I would leave the rest to surprise.  But of course, I couldn't resist TWAT and Catcher.  Now I swear if more leaks, I will wait.  But chances are, I won't.
themovieaddict.com
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2006, 08:44:52 PM »

I want new old songs: Yesterdays, Civil War, Coma, Estranged, Pretty Tied Up, whatever. This setlist is just getting old, I can't help feeling this way...I just don't really feel anticipation about getting bootlegs anymore. I have all the ones from the European tour and it's like, "Wow, the same setlist again."
Melrose Chick
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2006, 08:45:58 PM »

I want the new songs and I want them now..... in the form of a CD would be very nice please!!!!!!!!!
dewdewboy
Banned
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2006, 08:46:38 PM »

Well, First off. Has Axl ever Confirmed that the "new" songs they have been playing will be on the Album? And if not, what reliable source has? This just came to my head
robinfinckfan
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2006, 08:50:54 PM »

theres got to be a reason axl isn't playing more uyi songs. i don't know if he could pull a track like locomotive off live now, that songs got a lot of verses in it, he would be dead after that track alone. but i wonder if it's like more personal w/ him and the old line up with  alot of uyi he doesn't play
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2006, 09:04:12 PM »

I want the new songs and I want them now..... in the form of a CD would be very nice please!!!!!!!!!

I always hate to disagree with a gorgeous woman, but I must here.  I just want to go to the store, buy the album, and pop it in and cry in joy repeatedly!  Save the new tunes for post-album release.   peace

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
monkeychow
VIP

How's that for provocation?

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2006, 09:09:50 PM »

I get what you mean in that its likely the studio versions of stuff like Maddy and Blues will own the live ones...so like its a shame not to hear it in the best possible quality first....

But then at the same time, I think the new band shines when peforming the new songs!!

So i'd much rather hear them play TWAT and the rest than interpret slashs parts.

So i guess overall i'd still prefer more new stuff!! Grin
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2006, 09:19:58 PM »

in a way im glad theyre not because i want to hear the new songs on the CD, however i wish they would just release it then they can play them live

jimb0
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2006, 09:20:14 PM »

I'm glad they aren't play more new songs. ?I happen to enjoy the back catalogue.

But CW or Coma would rule
PrettyTiedUp763
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2006, 09:34:03 PM »

I understand how you feel. I have listened to all the leaks so many times that by the time CD comes out I kind of ripped myself off by listening to everything I could get my hands on. I can't wait to discover all the songs we have not heard when the album finally drops! It's going to be awesome. No doubt about it!  yes And I actually want to hear more Illusions songs to be honest. I have my fingers crossed for Civil War or Double Talkin' Jive. I'd like Coma too, but that's kind of unrealistic, I know.
Negleyjj
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2006, 09:45:06 PM »

I agree, although I'd be really excited, I don't think adding a new new song would be a good idea (other than maybe playing Rihad again).

It's getting kinda off topic here, but whatever, from UYI I'd like: Civil War if nothing else... Yesterdays and Don't Cry w/ vocals would be nice as well... Coma, Estranged, and Locomotive too (3 of my favorite GNR songs) - but they're not realistic... And while I'm naming things, I wouldn't mind Breakdown and Don't Damn Me too, but again those aren't very realistic...
Bono
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2006, 09:51:02 PM »

I just think they should be playing Better, Madagascar, The Blues, TWAT, CITR, IRS, & Chinese Democracy on a nightly basis. The ?real fans have heard these songs already so why not play them. ?These songs aren't a secret so let's hear them. ?there's 7 songs that can stand on their own as New Gn'R originals. The casual fan isn't gonna take the time to turn them into bootlegs anyways and the fans who would take the time to do it have already heard them so to me there's no point in not playing at least these seven songs.
monkeychow
VIP

How's that for provocation?

« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2006, 09:55:50 PM »

I just think they should be playing Better, Madagascar, The Blues, TWAT, CITR, IRS, & Chinese Democracy on a nightly basis. The  real fans have heard these songs already so why not play them.  These songs aren't a secret so let's hear them.  there's 7 songs that can stand on their own as New Gn'R originals. The casual fan isn't gonna take the time to turn them into bootlegs anyways and the fans who would take the time to do it have already heard them so to me there's no point in not playing at least these seven songs.

Yeah i agree. I think the tour should be like the new songs, and then enough of the classic hits to satsify the average punter. Sorta like VR do - its all contraband then like a 2 GNR and 2 STP songs or something along those lines. They could do all the CD songs listed above, Plus like Jungle, Sweet Child, Paradice City and YCBM and NR or something and that would be a good mix for me!
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2006, 10:00:18 PM »

its funny to think that by now the "new" songs are 5-10 years old by now  hihi

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2006, 10:38:28 PM »

I just think they should be playing Better, Madagascar, The Blues, TWAT, CITR, IRS, & Chinese Democracy on a nightly basis. The ?real fans have heard these songs already so why not play them. ?These songs aren't a secret so let's hear them. ?there's 7 songs that can stand on their own as New Gn'R originals. The casual fan isn't gonna take the time to turn them into bootlegs anyways and the fans who would take the time to do it have already heard them so to me there's no point in not playing at least these seven songs.

While I agree with you that the new tunes are amazing...until the album drops, I think it's a mistake to play more than a third of the show (7 out of 20 or so) with new tunes people haven't heard off an album.  Yes, the die-hards like us would love it, but the overwhelming majority of fans going to the show would be like, "what's that?"  Honestly, have a little "Patience," the album will be here soon.   Wink   

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: