Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 02:03:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227963 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  badasssss new gnr poster
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: badasssss new gnr poster  (Read 21190 times)
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #60 on: September 22, 2006, 05:50:32 PM »

What great about the poster is the motif, cupid (eros, love, libido ) kissing psyche (agape, soul, spirit) to revive her.
Damn intelligent and beautiful idea to use this for the tour.

What do all these have to do with a rock n' roll band's tour?  Huh  Am I the only one here who doesn't think this poster suits GnR?
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #61 on: September 22, 2006, 05:56:21 PM »

read it as the music wakes you up in raptures. Or "wake up fuckers!", if you prefer
« Last Edit: September 22, 2006, 06:13:19 PM by ppbebe » Logged
nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #62 on: September 22, 2006, 06:07:57 PM »

Does anyone know how to digitally remove the writing?  I want to use this as a desktop, but it's too cluttered with all of the writing on it.

"This isn't McDonald's or Burger King - it isn't 'Have it your way.'"
- Axl Rose, as cited by Del James
MrBrOwNsToNeR
Rocker

http://www.myspace.com/pellostone

« Reply #63 on: September 22, 2006, 06:13:43 PM »

Does anyone know how to digitally remove the writing?  I want to use this as a desktop, but it's too cluttered with all of the writing on it.

photoshop.

nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #64 on: September 22, 2006, 06:14:06 PM »

can you do it?

SPUNKY
Rocker

do one sweatheart!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #65 on: September 22, 2006, 06:50:27 PM »

Looks like a wallpaper I made a while ago:

That poster would make a real fuckin' cool CD cover. Although....Imagine the yellow....in gold (on the CD case). yes

it looks nothing like it, good job

SOUTHEND UNITED LEAGUE 1 CHAMPIONS 2006

HAMMERSMITH JUNE 7TH

DOWNLAND 9-11 JUNE GNR
nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #66 on: September 22, 2006, 06:57:16 PM »

is that supposed to be a joke or something?  cause it's not funny...

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #67 on: September 22, 2006, 07:59:55 PM »

No wiz when it comes to photoshop, I'm sure many of you could do a better job removing the text.. But I wouldn't mind if the cd looks something similar to this.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #68 on: September 22, 2006, 08:01:04 PM »

^ Nah...  Undecided
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #69 on: September 22, 2006, 08:05:31 PM »

^ Nah...  Undecided

I agree with Lara, I'd rather have the Chinese man with the bandana as a front cover.
IndiannaRose
VIP

AiN'T iT FuN WhEn YoU KnOw YoU'Re GoNnA DiE YoUnG

« Reply #70 on: September 22, 2006, 08:06:37 PM »

That poster would make a real fuckin' cool CD cover. Although....Imagine the yellow....in gold (on the CD case). yes

I'm talkin' about the theme.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #71 on: September 22, 2006, 09:26:36 PM »

I'd rather have the Chinese man with the bandana as a front cover.

Nah. I suppose that one was sorta makesift as it was originally a suicide pilot.
suicide
VIP

« Reply #72 on: September 23, 2006, 03:28:12 AM »

Here's why I think this won't be the cover for Chinese Democracy:

In 1991 Guns N' Roses played at the Warfield Theater (05.09.91). The posters for this show were unique and looked very different than the posters used for the other shows. You can find a pic of this poster on www.gnrontour.com: http://www.gnrontour.com/sets1991/19910509poster.jpg.
So I guess the Warfield Theater designs its own posters. That's also why this poster was designed in San Francisco.

Besides, I think the design of this poster would suit a techno album better then a GN'R album, but that's just my opinion.
SPUNKY
Rocker

do one sweatheart!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #73 on: September 23, 2006, 04:30:58 AM »

ohhhhh ok im sorry than

Embarrassed
I'm talkin' about the theme.

SOUTHEND UNITED LEAGUE 1 CHAMPIONS 2006

HAMMERSMITH JUNE 7TH

DOWNLAND 9-11 JUNE GNR
chinese69illusions
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #74 on: September 23, 2006, 04:39:38 AM »

I thought I read someone wanted the poster as a wallpaper so here 800x600

And the large version1280X1024 http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GACM2WA7
« Last Edit: September 23, 2006, 06:26:11 AM by chinese69illusions » Logged

?You better take care of me Lord, if you don't you're gonna have me on your hands.?
liesin
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #75 on: September 23, 2006, 06:39:48 AM »

No wiz when it comes to photoshop, I'm sure many of you could do a better job removing the text.. But I wouldn't mind if the cd looks something similar to this.

really nice one, to bad this one can't be bought, ad far as I know.
liesin
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #76 on: September 23, 2006, 06:53:40 AM »

the one without the phot shop edit of course
Bono
« Reply #77 on: September 23, 2006, 06:58:00 AM »

Cool wallpaper Indianna. But for CD cover.... nah. Unless it's the cover for the Axl Rose solo album. 
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #78 on: September 24, 2006, 03:41:02 AM »

I have this pic as my wallpaper on my computer right now and I was kind of just off in a daze looking at it for minute.  DID ANYONE NOTICE what looks to be like a Jesus Christ type looking figure in the pic??  Maybe it's just me, but if you look between the right elbow of Cupid and the right arm pit area of Psyche, you see can see it.  It's a little dark in that area but I don't think it's a coincedence that it's there. From a distance it may even look like a woman but it seems to have long hair. Maybe I'm going crazy because it's 3:40 in the morning right now.  Oh, and sorry if this was already pointed out.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2006, 03:43:59 AM by lennonisgod » Logged

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
nooz
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #79 on: September 24, 2006, 01:24:37 PM »

Interesting place to stick a pic of Jesus.....

The Columbia Encyclopedia, Sixth Edition.? 2001-05.

Psyche

(s ?k ) (KEY) , in Greek mythology, personification of the human soul. She was so lovely that Eros (Cupid), the god of love, fell in love with her. He swept her off to a beautiful, isolated castle but forbade her to look at him since he was a god. When she disobeyed, he abandoned her, but she ceaselessly searched for him, performing difficult and dangerous tasks, until at last she was reunited with him forever and made immortal.

Eros, in Greek religion and mythology

( r? s,? r??) (KEY) , in Greek religion and mythology, god of love. He was the personification of love in all its manifestations, including physical passion at its strongest, tender, romantic love, and playful, sportive love. According to some legends he was one of the oldest of the gods, born from Chaos and personifying creative power and harmony. In most legends he was the son of Aphrodite and Ares and was represented as a winged youth armed with bow and arrows. In Greek poetry Eros was often a willful and unsympathetic god, carelessly dispensing the frenzies and agonies of love. At Thespiae and at Athens he was worshiped as a god of fertility. In Hellenistic and Roman myth, he was represented as a naked, winged child, the son and companion of Venus. To the Romans he was Cupid, or Amor. Eros was sometimes attended by his brother, Anteros, who was said to be the avenger of unrequited love or the opposer of love. See also Psyche.Anterosby Micha F. LindemansIn Greek myth,

Anteros ("return- or opposite-love") is sometimes the brother of Eros, the god of love. The latter languished of loneliness until Aphrodite gave Anteros to him as a playmate: love must be answered if it is to prosper. Anteros is also the god who punishes those who scorn love or do not return love of others.

The Black Rose is a rarely used symbol of the anarchist movement. The political origins of the Black Rose can be traced to the Irish song about their struggle against the British, "Little Black Rose". The song is about resistance and rebellion, and as such aligns to the general view adopted by anarchists of anti-authoritarianism.

Dragons - Guardians of the Earth
Taken from "The Sacred Earth" by Brian Leigh Molyneaux

The dragon is one of the most potent symbols of the primordial energy that is the source of all power, both god and evil. In the West, dragon symbolism has tended to emphasis the negative side of that energy, mainly through the influence of Christianity, while Oriental mythology represents the dragon as a positive force, a symbol of the human potential to combine the power of the four elements to creative ends. This distinction is reflected in the way in which each tradition views the relationship between the dragon and the landscape.

In Western mythology, the dragon's associated with particular locations is often through its role as a guardian. The dragon is seen as a fearsome, fire-breathing beast that guards treasure (spiritual knowledge), or a maiden (a symbol of purity), and is set up as an obstacle to be overcome by such saintly heroes as St Michael and St George.

In China, the primal power of the dragon was said to be channelled through the landscape along paths of energy "dragon lines". These lines were regarded as very auspicious locations and used by members of the imperial family as burial sites. Locating the way in which the flow of energy, both positive and negative, interacted with the landscape was developed into a highly sophisticated practice, geomancy, which is still used today.

The Chinese dragon is fierce but rarely malevolent: it represents the East, the sun and the bounty of the land. The four-clawed dragon, Mang, represents temporal power. The dragon named long hold a fiery pearl in its claws, which may present the Moon as a source of fertility, although the Taoists and Buddhists it is the "pearl which grants all desires" (wisdom and enlightenment). As symbols of the dark powers of the Earth, dragons and serpents are close relative and, in myth, often indistinguishable. The word "dragon" comes from the Greek dracon or largest serpent.

In North America, the rock art of the Algonkian people depicts serpents beside natural holes and crevices, perhaps as spiritual messengers to the underworld. In Algonkian myth, the dark side of the Earth energy is shown through the great underwater serpent spirit, Mizhipichew, which stirs up the waters of lakes with his tail and must be appeased with offerings of tobacco.

In Australia, serpent beings identified with the rainbow bring forth life through the rain and yet are the dangerous guardians of the waterholes, easily angered if rituals to propitiate them were not followed correctly.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: