Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 07:35:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227962 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  badasssss new gnr poster
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: badasssss new gnr poster  (Read 21188 times)
Kitty
Rocker

« Reply #80 on: September 24, 2006, 03:37:11 PM »

Here's why I think this won't be the cover for Chinese Democracy:

In 1991 Guns N' Roses played at the Warfield Theater (05.09.91). The posters for this show were unique and looked very different than the posters used for the other shows. You can find a pic of this poster on www.gnrontour.com: http://www.gnrontour.com/sets1991/19910509poster.jpg.
So I guess the Warfield Theater designs its own posters. That's also why this poster was designed in San Francisco.

Besides, I think the design of this poster would suit a techno album better then a GN'R album, but that's just my opinion.
It has to do with the Fillmore(another venue in the city for those that don't know). As history goes, during the 60s they used to pass out psychedelic concert posters as people left the building. Theres books of all the old posters, and many of them are on display in venues around the area. The warfield and the fillmore are both part of 'bill graham presents', local promoter(now owned by live nation, but still continuing many traditions).

9/20/06 9/21/06 12/15/06 2/10/12 2/12/12 2/15/12 10/20/12 10/21/12 11/2/12 11/3/12
J. Rose
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #81 on: September 24, 2006, 03:56:10 PM »

Here's why I think this won't be the cover for Chinese Democracy:

In 1991 Guns N' Roses played at the Warfield Theater (05.09.91). The posters for this show were unique and looked very different than the posters used for the other shows. You can find a pic of this poster on www.gnrontour.com: http://www.gnrontour.com/sets1991/19910509poster.jpg.
So I guess the Warfield Theater designs its own posters. That's also why this poster was designed in San Francisco.

Besides, I think the design of this poster would suit a techno album better then a GN'R album, but that's just my opinion.
It has to do with the Fillmore(another venue in the city for those that don't know). As history goes, during the 60s they used to pass out psychedelic concert posters as people left the building. Theres books of all the old posters, and many of them are on display in venues around the area. The warfield and the fillmore are both part of 'bill graham presents', local promoter(now owned by live nation, but still continuing many traditions).

Damn, Not only do you go to a concert like every month, you like know the history of venues and shit! Fuckin Awesome ok

and I still can't fuckin believe we met AXL FUCKIN ROSE! it's surreal
KillKurtzKids
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #82 on: September 24, 2006, 03:58:54 PM »

Maybe you should get married?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2006, 04:01:45 PM by KillKurtzKids » Logged
Sillything
VIP

« Reply #83 on: September 24, 2006, 05:36:00 PM »

Great poster! I hope it's the cd cover ok

Stockholm 1991, 1993, 1995 (Slash), 2006,2015 (Slash), 2017
Roskilde: 2006
Helsinki 2010
Prague: 2010, 2017,2022
Milano: 2012
Aarhus: 2016 (Ac/Dc),
Berlin: 2018
Tallin: 2018
Gothenburg 2018
chinese69illusions
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #84 on: September 25, 2006, 01:55:16 AM »

Check out this bullshit.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Guns-N-Roses-Limited-Edition-Warfield-Poster-Fillmore_W0QQitemZ190034686453QQihZ009QQcategoryZ104675QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
I want it but the price is just stupid.

?You better take care of me Lord, if you don't you're gonna have me on your hands.?
Annie
« Reply #85 on: September 28, 2006, 11:44:43 AM »

He dropped his price and Now I have my poster!!! I am so happy! There are still a couple on ebay guys! hihi
GeraldFord
« Reply #86 on: September 28, 2006, 11:49:44 AM »

No wiz when it comes to photoshop, I'm sure many of you could do a better job removing the text.. But I wouldn't mind if the cd looks something similar to this.

Works for me.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #87 on: September 28, 2006, 11:57:46 AM »

Annie may I ask you how much they asked you for? just curious.

Great poster! I hope it's the cd cover

I agree that it's a great poster for the GNR shows. The album cover should be different to this.
shoup
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #88 on: September 28, 2006, 12:28:21 PM »

I love that as a poster or for a t-shirt, but it's to Illusion-esque to be the album cover. Know what I mean?
Annie
« Reply #89 on: September 28, 2006, 12:28:37 PM »

I agree that it's a great poster for the GNR shows. The album cover should be different to this.
I paid $50.00. There are some going for $18 right now, I just liked the buy it now option. SEarch under Warfield poster. There is an auction that ends later today and one that ends tommorrow.
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #90 on: September 28, 2006, 12:35:38 PM »

I paid $50.00. There are some going for $18 right now, I just liked the buy it now option. SEarch under Warfield poster. There is an auction that ends later today and one that ends tommorrow.

So, you retracted your $90 bid from 5 days ago and bought this one for $50...

You have lots of money to spend... But I already knew that from a little research I did on your previous bought items.

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #91 on: September 28, 2006, 12:38:14 PM »

weren't these given away free? you bought a free thing for $50 Undecided

erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #92 on: September 28, 2006, 12:41:00 PM »

You have lots of money to spend... But I already knew that from a little research I did on your previous bought items.

what the fuck Christos, i thought this was a "non stalking" board  hihi

can one buy a poster directly from the guy or company who makes them, i didn't see this poster at the web site...

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #93 on: September 28, 2006, 12:42:29 PM »

weren't these given away free? you bought a free thing for $50 Undecided

Well, unfortunately, if you wanna buy such an item (I'm speaking for those who weren't lucky enough to be at the gig) you have to pay a bit more...

But from what I see on Ebay, lots of these posters will pop up for sale in the following months.

Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #94 on: September 28, 2006, 12:44:40 PM »

what the fuck Christos, i thought this was a "non stalking" board  hihi

can one buy a poster directly from the guy or company who makes them, i didn't see this poster at the web site...

It's not about stalking.

I always "check" my opponents when I'm about to bid on an Ebay item that will surely end for lots of money.

I wanna know who I'm "fighting" against... Too many years on Ebay have taught me better than just bidding on an item and waiting for the auction to end.

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #95 on: September 28, 2006, 12:47:54 PM »

Well, unfortunately, if you wanna buy such an item (I'm speaking for those who weren't lucky enough to be at the gig) you have to pay a bit more...

yeah...i understand just pretty steep price imo for a free poster...but if you are a collector you gotta have it all....god knows i've spent some ridiculous money on things in my time hihi

Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #96 on: September 28, 2006, 12:49:39 PM »

yeah...i understand just pretty steep price imo for a free poster...but if you are a collector you gotta have it all....god knows i've spent some ridiculous money on things in my time hihi

My middle name is "ridiculous money"...  Grin

http://my.gnr.gr  Wink

Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #97 on: September 28, 2006, 12:55:57 PM »

Cool poster, but I still hate that silly Chinese Democracy font.

The one on the original poster, by the way.  Not the one on this page.

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #98 on: September 28, 2006, 12:57:17 PM »

My middle name is "ridiculous money"...? Grin

http://my.gnr.gr? Wink

holy crap dude Grin impressive collection beer i think you have more gnr related cd's than i have in my whole album collection hihi

I used to be a card collector....then got bored with the hobby and sold it all and lost lotsa $$$ ....i don't collect anymore no

Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #99 on: September 28, 2006, 01:00:25 PM »

My middle name is "ridiculous money"...  Grin

http://my.gnr.gr  Wink

holy crap dude Grin impressive collection beer i think you have more gnr related cd's than i have in my whole album collection hihi

I used to be a card collector....then got bored with the hobby and sold it all and lost lotsa $$$ ....i don't collect anymore no

Not everything I have is listed there.

There are some things that will stay private. And ofcourse I always forget to add new stuff there.

I do plan to open a GN'R museum someday...

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: