Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 06:37:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227942 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl In L.A. Club Last Night
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl In L.A. Club Last Night  (Read 7625 times)
monkeychow
VIP

How's that for provocation?

« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2006, 07:40:15 PM »

Remember on the trunk interview, how Chris Jerrico told the story of how Axl met hiom as a child and told him to "wait there, i'll be right back" to give him an autograph, then bailed. As a celb, you gotta do what u gotta do I think.

Oh I remember that. Poor Chris. Lol. Can you imagine??  hihi

I know! I would have waited there for like 3 days, and then still been convinced it was my fault for leaving  hihi
NiGhTrAiN?
Headliner

Where's my Geritol? I need some Ensure

« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2006, 08:13:12 PM »

Anyways, my friend turned to the bouncer and was like, "Dude, this is Axl Rose from GNR...you gotta let him in...go in and kick 3 people out".? Anyways, the boucner then lifted the rope and let Axl and the 2 girls in.? Axl just walked past my friend and didn't even say thank you.

Next time try the words "that's the guy pretending he's Axl Rose let's kick him outta here" and maybe he will learn some manners

phreakofnature
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2006, 08:59:48 PM »

It doesnt really seem like Axl would just walk by your friend and not acknowledge his coolness. Thats too bad. Maybe he was embarrassed he had to take a couple wish foundation chicks out for a night. I kid I kid.

i don't give a fuck if you were kidding! that was wrong. my child was in the Make A Wish Foundation. If anyone said something like that in front of me, i don't give a rat's ass who you are or how fuckin big you are, you best have a goddamn good dental plan, cuz i'm knockin' some teeth straight down your motherfuckin' throat- even if it means using a goddamn equalizer to accomplish the job! rant rant rant

someone needs to rub the budda.  jesus christ dude, relax.
1badapple
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2006, 10:12:41 PM »

It doesnt really seem like Axl would just walk by your friend and not acknowledge his coolness. Thats too bad. Maybe he was embarrassed he had to take a couple wish foundation chicks out for a night. I kid I kid.

i don't give a fuck if you were kidding! that was wrong. my child was in the Make A Wish Foundation. If anyone said something like that in front of me, i don't give a rat's ass who you are or how fuckin big you are, you best have a goddamn good dental plan, cuz i'm knockin' some teeth straight down your motherfuckin' throat- even if it means using a goddamn equalizer to accomplish the job! rant rant rant

someone needs to rub the budda.? jesus christ dude, relax.

Relax? You couldn't even possibly begin to fathom the idea of knowing that you'll outlive your 1 and only child. Until you know what it's like to have a kid with an incurable life ending illness, you can bite me. I hope you never have to live that though. I wouldn't wish the pain i feel on a daily basis on anyone else. Don't tell me to relax though, i have a right to get defensive about that kind of stuff.
phreakofnature
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2006, 10:29:33 PM »

read my PM, I am not going to get into this in public. thanks.

Relax? You couldn't even possibly begin to fathom the idea of knowing that you'll outlive your 1 and only child. Until you know what it's like to have a kid with an incurable life ending illness, you can bite me. I hope you never have to live that though. I wouldn't wish the pain i feel on a daily basis on anyone else. Don't tell me to relax though, i have a right to get defensive about that kind of stuff.
deanaxlrose
Rocker

Hey, where's my Avatar ?

« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2006, 11:30:15 PM »

Axl with 2 ugly broads?? I don't think you met Axl? hihi
maybe its Beta and her daughter.

My life is so Fuckin' Boring...Until The Chinese Democracy Comes.
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2006, 11:36:45 PM »

Im sending you a PM.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
1badapple
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2006, 12:21:52 AM »

Can we not discuss this anymore, please. I never brought it up before because i never felt that this was the place for that, and this is 1 of the very few places that i can come to escape and forget shit for a minute or so. I've just been stressed, and that comment set me off. it's since been resolved in a civilized manner and i have no ill feelings towards Buddha, Phreak, or any other member of this board. 

i'm sorry for disrupting this thread.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2006, 12:31:54 AM by 1badapple » Logged
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2006, 12:43:45 AM »

Yea you should be  Wink

Nomally that's Adz the moderators Job in my threads.  smoking

Anyway, the more Im reading hear, the more I really am excited GNR are playing in the place they are. I already saw them in the big places and this is something that is really special. I would have prefered a Saturday night but that is such fucking nitpicking especially in light of this holy shit awesome news release update.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Annie
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2006, 01:19:06 AM »

Axl with 2 ugly broads?? I don't think you met Axl? hihi
maybe its Beta and her daughter.
They are not ugly! They are both very beautiful!!
beta
B12
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2006, 02:00:41 AM »

I thought you all might get a kick out of this.?

I was at a club last night here in L.A. called Les Deux.? My friend that I was w/ went outside to get some people past the bouncer...as he was doing so Axl walked up to the door with 2 girls ("young and not that cute").? The bouncer wouldn't let him in at first cause he didn't know who he was.? He claimed that it was at capacity or some shit.? Anyways, my friend turned to the bouncer and was like, "Dude, this is Axl Rose from GNR...you gotta let him in...go in and kick 3 people out".? Anyways, the boucner then lifted the rope and let Axl and the 2 girls in.? Axl just walked past my friend and didn't even say thank you.
beta
B12
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2006, 02:05:55 AM »

I thought you all might get a kick out of this.?

I was at a club last night here in L.A. called Les Deux.? My friend that I was w/ went outside to get some people past the bouncer...as he was doing so Axl walked up to the door with 2 girls ("young and not that cute").? The bouncer wouldn't let him in at first cause he didn't know who he was.? He claimed that it was at capacity or some shit.? Anyways, my friend turned to the bouncer and was like, "Dude, this is Axl Rose from GNR...you gotta let him in...go in and kick 3 people out".? Anyways, the boucner then lifted the rope and let Axl and the 2 girls in.? Axl just walked past my friend and didn't even say thank you.

This is Beta and you are a liar. You have nothing to do but try to get some atention using Axl's name. I was not there but it was Vanessa and another friend and whatever crap you just wrote is a lie. Go get a life.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2006, 02:11:47 AM »

Merck asked me to add that this is just somebody wanting to promote himself by rewriting events at Axl's expense or insulting his family and crew for no apparent reason and is simply a waste of space.

Axl was there with friends and the fire marshall wasn't allowing anyone in for a short time. Though there were a lot of idiots trying to scam their way in by pretending to be a part of Axl's party harassing the club's security staff.

Axl had no problems whatsoever with the club. The owner was a great guy and a big fan and ultimately Axl and his group had a great evening.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2006, 02:42:44 AM »

Thanks for clearing the air, Jarmo and Beta, shoot down these losers.  peace
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2006, 02:45:24 AM »

Merck asked me to add that this is just somebody wanting to promote himself by rewriting events at Axl's expense or insulting his family and crew for no apparent reason and is simply a waste of space.

Axl was there with friends and the fire marshall wasn't allowing anyone in for a short time. Though there were a lot of idiots trying to scam their way in by pretending to be a part of Axl's party harassing the club's security staff.

Axl had no problems whatsoever with the club. The owner was a great guy and a big fan and ultimately Axl and his group had a great evening.

/jarmo

Why isn't this guy banned already?
velvet1223
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2006, 04:39:17 AM »

Hmmmmm.....I'm just going off on what my friend that I was w/ told me...trust me, I'm not trying to gain exposure on "Axl's name at expense"....haha.
fixintodie
« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2006, 07:08:02 AM »

sorry Jarmo, this should probably go in Dead Horse, and maybe i shouldn't be posting it at all. But I think there's been too much ugly shit and in-fighting on this board lately. I was as pissed off as anyone about the security crap - roughing up fans, taking back mics, but we've had that cleared up as much as it's gonna be. I think 99% of the people here don't come to read one-post-wonders shouting the odds about this not being the 'real GNR' whatever the fuck that means. I don't think anyone comes here to read members groundlessly slagging off Beta, Merck, Axl or any of the band, and that goes double for those folks slagging off fellow board members. We've been waiting around here for years and now things are finally taking off. HTGTH has a great reputation with the band - at least thats the way it seems to me - but when Merck and Beta are constantly having to take time to correct shit that people are making up/posting to stir things up or for a little bit of attention, that reputation isn't going to stand. Chi Dem is literally weeks away. We've waited for this for so long...how about we just enjoy the ride and put the fucking claws away.  peace
snooze72
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2006, 07:59:33 PM »

People seem to have a problem with things like grey areas, opinions, perspective, tolerance, etc..   I don't think the original poster was slagging off Axl, just relating a story as it appeared to happen to him and/or his friend.

I think it's a little of one side, a little of the other -- and a little opinion.  I think Vanessa is very good looking, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  Maybe the beholder's idea was a lot of make-up, cleveage, impossibly long legs hanging out of an impossibly short mini-skirt ... in other words, some of Axl's past 'dates'.   Grin

And if Axl wasn't let in the club right away, I wouldn't be surprised if that meant he wasn't recognized.  As noted in the story, they should have kicked three people out and let Axl in!  But then again, maybe the fire marshall was actually in the building and it didn't matter if it was Christ, nobody was getting in.

And it's logical the interpretation from somebody watching and seeing Axl not being let in was that he wasn't recognized when in fact he was.  And the story teller could have told the bouncer 'hey, that's Axl', the door guy already knew and Axl knew he knew, so there was no reason to acknowledge the guy as Axl walked in.

You just have to look at all sides of these things, and don't interpret them as black or white.
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: