Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 04:21:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Fri Nov. 24th Cleveland, OH Quicken Loans Arena
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fri Nov. 24th Cleveland, OH Quicken Loans Arena  (Read 18577 times)
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #80 on: September 26, 2006, 12:07:44 PM »

The Cleveland date has been wiped from both Pollstar and Ticketmaster.? Is this just another casualty to "the great date change merry go round" or has it been pulled?? I don't know if anyone will be able to answer this or not but any info would be appreciated.
Thanks

I'm hoping all of that stuff will be reinstated when "the announcement" happens.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #81 on: September 26, 2006, 01:02:52 PM »

Detroit and Columbus have not been announced yet-at least 2 out of these three cities will be on the tour-that's why I'm not worried about the Cleveland date not on any more

libertad
mrpukie500
Opening Act

Fernando is a lucky SOB...

« Reply #82 on: September 26, 2006, 01:31:37 PM »

I sure hope you are right...I am worried about them coming to Detroit now.
mega_music
VIP

Chinese Democracy Is Coming Some Day!!!

« Reply #83 on: September 26, 2006, 01:51:45 PM »

From what I have heard, and this is coming from someone who works at the Q arena, the show is not set in stone yet, and when it is then it will be put back up, however November looks like its the month for them to play in Cleveland. She is to keep me posted if I hear anything I'll pass the word along.

Chinese Democracy is Coming Someday
-Trevor-
gunner2
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #84 on: September 26, 2006, 02:09:30 PM »

From what I have heard, and this is coming from someone who works at the Q arena, the show is not set in stone yet, and when it is then it will be put back up, however November looks like its the month for them to play in Cleveland. She is to keep me posted if I hear anything I'll pass the word along.

Awesome.....thanks
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #85 on: September 26, 2006, 02:17:34 PM »

I guess Axl Rose is pissed Lebron James signed an extension with the Cleveland Cavaliers and that he won't come to L.A to play alongside Kobe Bryant... so Rose has decided to boycott Cleveland!!!!
music89
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #86 on: September 26, 2006, 03:08:06 PM »

this also happened withe the NYC and East Rutherford NJ date. What happened is that the promoter of the shows didnt want ticketmaster to be anouncing the dates until GNR Management made the official statement, so ticketmaster took them down.
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #87 on: September 27, 2006, 06:43:23 PM »

with no announcement today, this sux!!
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #88 on: September 27, 2006, 06:45:01 PM »

I guess Axl Rose is pissed Lebron James signed an extension with the Cleveland Cavaliers and that he won't come to L.A to play alongside Kobe Bryant... so Rose has decided to boycott Cleveland!!!!

Haha....I was thinking he was angry we let Ben Wallace go to the Bulls so we might not get a date at the Palace... haha

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #89 on: September 27, 2006, 09:06:54 PM »

The Q is too big an arena for them right now. I wish they would play a smaller venue in the city, maybe the Convocation center which would hold about 7-8 thousand for a concert set-up. When they played the Q in Cleveland in 02 it was maybe a 1/3 of the way full, and you lose some of the atmosphere when you are playing to a sparse audience in a big place like that.

That is probably what has made alot of the more recent shows good, is that they are playing smaller venues which lead themselves to more of a packed house feel. I am happy they are coming to town again, but can't say I didn't wish they were playing a smaller venue to fill the place up a little better.
axlssis
Rocker

Here Today...somewhat

« Reply #90 on: September 27, 2006, 11:24:27 PM »

is there a columbus date mentioned too?  that's only an hour from me, that would be really cool.
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #91 on: September 28, 2006, 04:11:53 AM »

The Q is too big an arena for them right now. I wish they would play a smaller venue in the city, maybe the Convocation center which would hold about 7-8 thousand for a concert set-up. When they played the Q in Cleveland in 02 it was maybe a 1/3 of the way full, and you lose some of the atmosphere when you are playing to a sparse audience in a big place like that.

That is probably what has made alot of the more recent shows good, is that they are playing smaller venues which lead themselves to more of a packed house feel. I am happy they are coming to town again, but can't say I didn't wish they were playing a smaller venue to fill the place up a little better.

It was much more than a third of the way full in 2002, give them some credit.  They won't play CSU because they don't have to. They can play the Q and sell tickets just fine.  In '02, there were really not that many sections that didn't have people in them and the rest of the seats were full. I have so many pictures of the show and there were a lot of people there. Anyway, if Papa Roach opens for them IF THEY COME TO CLEVELAND in November, they will help ticket sales a lot.  Bach won't even effect the sale of tickets at all if he opens. I'm not really a big fan of either but I know there are a ton more people out there that want to see Papa Roach than Sebastian Bach. It all depends on who opens for them and if they have a single or even an album out by then. Something has to happen though.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2006, 04:24:11 AM by lennonisgod » Logged

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
Rockdawg
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #92 on: September 28, 2006, 07:49:22 AM »

They will come to the Q.  It will be annouced with the rest of the dates.  I am figuring it will be today, sometime.

Times are hard,
Thrills are cheaper.
Your arms get shorter,
While your pockets get deeper.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #93 on: September 28, 2006, 07:50:20 AM »

Maybe they forgot  hihi

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Rockdawg
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #94 on: September 28, 2006, 08:31:09 AM »

Maybe they forgot  hihi

I doubt it.  Axl will probably meet up with Adler.  he is from Cleveland.

Times are hard,
Thrills are cheaper.
Your arms get shorter,
While your pockets get deeper.
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #95 on: September 28, 2006, 09:23:28 AM »

They will come to the Q.  It will be annouced with the rest of the dates.  I am figuring it will be today, sometime.

I was given some info saying that Detroit is going to be at the Palace (as I assumed) on November 25 and that it would be announced sometime today or tomorrow. The Cleveland date was the day before that right? That would make sense.

colma
Rocker

I BBQ llamas!

« Reply #96 on: September 28, 2006, 09:24:45 AM »

yes, Cleveland was listed for Friday, November 24th

To say what we are thinking.
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #97 on: September 28, 2006, 09:25:43 AM »

yes, Cleveland was listed for Friday, November 24th

Well thats good and bad for me. I wanted to see both shows, but theres no way I can if they're back to back.

Oh well, I'm sure the Chicago date will be a little further away then.

colma
Rocker

I BBQ llamas!

« Reply #98 on: September 28, 2006, 09:26:36 AM »

If that Detroit date you mentioned comes through....I am there!  ok

GnR on a Saturday  Cool

To say what we are thinking.
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #99 on: September 28, 2006, 09:48:27 AM »

If that Detroit date you mentioned comes through....I am there!  ok

GnR on a Saturday  Cool

My wife was happy about that too.....we need to get a pre-party going maybe at The Post across the street from the Palace?

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: