Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 01:36:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  The Official NHL 2006-2007 Season Thread
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 34 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Official NHL 2006-2007 Season Thread  (Read 126143 times)
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #180 on: February 23, 2007, 10:25:11 AM »

Missed the game cause I was watching my struggling Leafs....Wasnt a good fight by any means like some of the classics but was definetly cool to see its been a while....Should be a good one saturday when they play again

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #181 on: February 23, 2007, 04:06:40 PM »

Anson Carter is on the move again.

The Carolina Hurricanes have acquired the 32-year-old winger from the Columbus Blue Jackets in exchange for a fifth round draft pick in 2008.

Carter has 10 goals and 17 assists in 53 games with the Blue Jackets this season.  Carter scored a career-high 33 goals with the Vancouver Canucks last season.  In 663 career games with the Blue Jackets, Canucks, Kings, Capitals, Rangers, Oilers and Bruins, Carter has totals of 201 goals and 219 assists.

''Anson is a veteran NHL player who has had some good goal-scoring years in his career,'' Hurricanes general manager Jim Rutherford said in a statement. ''He will help strengthen our forward corps at a much needed time.''

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #182 on: February 23, 2007, 04:11:29 PM »

Missed the game cause I was watching my struggling Leafs....Wasnt a good fight by any means like some of the classics but was definetly cool to see its been a while....Should be a good one saturday when they play again

that peters or peterson whatever his name is is an asshole for sticking his nose in there...he should get something for 3rd man in...the goalies had a fair fight IMO he had no buisiness in there

Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #183 on: February 23, 2007, 06:07:09 PM »

that peters or peterson whatever his name is is an asshole for sticking his nose in there...he should get something for 3rd man in...the goalies had a fair fight IMO he had no buisiness in there

Yeah but Neil did nothing wrong, blind siding someone from behind, right?  Roll Eyes

If Ottawa had a problem they could pulled Peters off of Emery
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #184 on: February 23, 2007, 08:03:41 PM »

didnt see the neil thing all i saw was highlights....there is big time repercusions for being 3rd man in a fight so why would they jump in?

besides the goalie fight looked far any away from the rest of the action Undecided

Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #185 on: February 23, 2007, 10:52:48 PM »

Peters should be suspended like 3 games, Emery should be for one because if you watch he's clearly baiting Biron, he started that fight just because he wanted to fight. Neil should be gunned at for the rest of his career.

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #186 on: February 24, 2007, 12:26:53 PM »

Blues re-sign Brewer and Legace

Remove Eric Brewer's name from the list of trade candidates for deadline day.

Sources tell TSN the St. Louis Blues and their star defenceman have agreed to a four-year contract.

Brewer, 27, was acquired as part of the Chris Pronger trade two summers ago and has 18 points in 61 games with the Blues this year.

It's also believed the Blues have re-signed goaltender Manny Legace to a two-year contract.

An announcement on both players is expected this afternoon.

Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #187 on: February 24, 2007, 01:09:25 PM »

didnt see the neil thing all i saw was highlights....there is big time repercusions for being 3rd man in a fight so why would they jump in?

besides the goalie fight looked far any away from the rest of the action Undecided

The goalie fight was long over... Its not like Peters mugged Emery.. Emery is just as guilty... He could have backed away from Peters...

Why would they jump in?? Because its their goaile mabye  Huh
Communist China
Banned
VIP

« Reply #188 on: February 24, 2007, 03:20:25 PM »

The goalie fight was long over... Its not like Peters mugged Emery.. Emery is just as guilty... He could have backed away from Peters...

Why would they jump in?? Because its their goaile mabye? Huh

Neemo's got a point there. The only part of the fight the Sabres put on was Peters going after Emery. It was goalie vs. goalie, the way it should be. I'd suspend them both anyway, but Peters should've stayed out of it.

Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #189 on: February 24, 2007, 04:05:44 PM »

Why would they jump in?? Because its their goaile mabye? Huh

Neemo's got a point there. The only part of the fight the Sabres put on was Peters going after Emery. It was goalie vs. goalie, the way it should be. I'd suspend them both anyway, but Peters should've stayed out of it.

Right... Should have but didnt... With Emery skating around the way he was, it was gonna happen either way....

Nothing as far as suspensions yet??

EDIT: Just saw this...
 rant
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=2777923&campaign=rss&source=NHLHeadlines

Typical NHL and their worthless Canadien bias  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: February 24, 2007, 04:10:34 PM by Loaded NightraiN » Logged
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #190 on: February 24, 2007, 04:10:26 PM »

Lindy Ruff's decision to match his tough guys against Ottawa's top line prior to Thursday's brawl between the Sabres and the Senators will cost the Buffalo coach US$10,000.

The NHL fined the coach Saturday after Colin Campbell, the league's director of hockey operations, met separately with Ruff, Sabres GM Darcy Regier, Senators coach Bryan Murray and GM John Muckler.

Campbell did not issue any suspensions.

Angered by Chris Neil's elbow to Sabres forward Chris Drury, Ruff sent out tough guys Andrew Peters, Patrick Kaleta and Adam Mair to take a faceoff against Ottawa's Dany Heatley, Jason Spezza and Mike Comrie.

Afterward, Ruff admitted to telling his players to: "Go out and run 'em."

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #191 on: February 24, 2007, 04:16:54 PM »

Bruins claim goalie MacDonald off waivers

The Boston Bruins added some goaltending depth on Saturday, claiming Joey MacDonald off waivers from the Detroit Red Wings. The move will create about $117,000 in salary cap room for the Wings, who are reportedly trying to land a top-six forward by Tuesday's 3pm et trade deadline. MacDonald is 1-5-1 this season with a 3.46 goals-against average and .872 save percentage.

Bruins sign Sturm to a four-year deal

Marco Sturm took his name off the trade market Saturday, signing a new deal that will keep him with the Boston Bruins.
Sturm will make an average of $3.5 million a season in his new deal after signing a $14-million, four-year contract. He would have been an unrestricted free agent July 1 and was garnering lots of interest on the trade market ahead of Tuesday's 3 p.m. ET deadline. Sturm, 28, had 20 goals and 11 assists in 54 games before Saturday's matchup at Florida.

Stars claim Baumgartner off waivers

The Dallas Stars claimed defenceman Nolan Baumgartner off re-entry waivers on Saturday from the Philadelphia Flyers.
Baumgartner, 30, has been with the AHL's Philadelphia Phantoms since Oct. 18, when he, Petr Nedved and Niko Dimitrakos were waived after a 9-1 loss in Buffalo the night before.The 6-foot-2, 205-pound defenceman was signed as an unrestricted free agent by the Flyers last summer after a season and a half with the Vancouver Canucks. In 124 career games, he has six goals, 43 points and 67 penalty minutes.

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #192 on: February 24, 2007, 11:24:12 PM »

The Atlanta Thrashers have made a move to bolster their blueline for a playoff run, acquiring veteran Alexei Zhitnik from the Philadelphia Flyers in exchange for top defence prospect Braydon Coburn.

Zhitnik, 34, was acquired earlier this season from the New York Islanders, in exchange for Freddy Meyer, and has 23 points and a minus-4 rating in 60 games with the Islanders and Flyers in 2006-2007. In 1001 career NHL games, Zhitnik has recorded 448 points and 1194 penalty minutes.  The 5-foot-11, 215-pounder has a heavy shot from the point and can play a physical game. Zhitnik also has NHL playoff experience, with 94 career postseason games, though he hasn't participated in the playoffs since 2000-2001 when he was with the Buffalo Sabres. Coburn, 21, was the 8th overall pick in the 2003 draft and the 6-foot-5, 220-pound blueliner has four points and is plus-1 in 29 games with the Thrashers this season.

Communist China
Banned
VIP

« Reply #193 on: February 25, 2007, 01:45:56 PM »

With two days remaining before the NHL's trade deadline, the Atlanta Thrashers received a roster boost by acquiring forward Keith Tkachuk from the St. Louis Blues Sunday for forward Glen Metropolit, a 2007 first-round pick and two other draft choices.

Atlanta is commited to this year, it seems.

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #194 on: February 25, 2007, 02:03:34 PM »

The Anaheim Ducks have traded defenceman Shane O'Brien and a third round pick to the Tampa Bay Lightning for minor-league goaltender Gerald Coleman and a first round pick.

The deal gives the Ducks a first round pick that could be used to add an asset before Tuesday's trade deadline. Last summer, the Ducks traded their first round pick to the Edmonton Oilers to acquire defenceman Chris Pronger. This season, O'Brien has scored two goals and added 12 assists while amassing 140 minutes in penalties. The Port Hope, Ontario native was drafted in the eighth round of the 2003 Enty Draft and re-signed as a restricted free agent last summer.
Coleman was drafted in the seventh round of the 2003 Entry Draft and has yet to appear in an NHL game.

Mal Brossard
There should be a title here....
VIP

Iihan stuoramus alo vuoitte.

« Reply #195 on: February 25, 2007, 02:44:54 PM »

The Sens' actions in that brawl were pathetic, but at the same time, the Sabres management and some of their fans are just as bad.

These are the same fans who just loved Campbell laying out Umberger.  Then a similar hit (it was a blindside, but he was hit from the side) and they go foaming at the mouth.  Sic semper tyrannus.

Second, Biron started the goalie fight more than Emery.  Who came down to whose end of the ice?  Biron came out first and then Emery came.  Let's not go all revisionist on this one.

As for not jumping in, it doesn't matter.  Emery is your starting goalie, someone needs to get in, fighter or not.  Spezza and Heatley showed they're real great team guys.  Yeah, let your goalie get mugged because you'd rather stay in the game.  What happened to balls in this league?  What happened to standing up for your teammates?  There's a 10-game suspension for leaving the bench to get into a fight, and when your goalie is getting attacked by a top-quality fighter, that's a time where I'd say it's acceptable to take a 10-gamer.  When your goalie is fighting a player, you take the penalty, you take the suspension, you just don't let the guy fight him no matter what.

The fine on Ruff is bullshit.  Why is the league allowed to tell a coach who he can and can't play, and when he can and can't play them?  Glad to see there were no suspensions though.  There shouldn't be any for anyone involved.

By the way, all of the last seven goalie vs. player fights have involved a Sabres player.  Just an interesting tidbit of info.

I’ll be the last to say "Don’t follow your heart," but there’s more to what it takes to be a man.
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #196 on: February 25, 2007, 04:37:44 PM »

I agree the fine on Ruff was absolute bullshit...and I knew the 2nd game between the two would go the way it did with the two heavyweights from each team going after each other....I was unaware that Mair brought up the Snyder incident to Heatley in the 1st game, thats disgusting

Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #197 on: February 25, 2007, 07:37:24 PM »

These are the same fans who just loved Campbell laying out Umberger.? Then a similar hit (it was a blindside, but he was hit from the side) and they go foaming at the mouth.? Sic semper tyrannus.

Are you serious?? Umburger was in control of the puck with his head down.. Nothing dirty about that for a second.. But Drury got rid of the puck, with his side to Neil, and a head shot.... Ridicilous how you can compare that by any means.. Connley got taken out in the playoffs last year.. Not 1 buffalo fan started foaming at the mouth... You know why... It was clean!!! We had a reason to be pissed last Thursday tho...

II was unaware that Mair brought up the Snyder incident to Heatley in the 1st game, thats disgusting

I've still heard nothing of this  Huh If true, yes thats bad taste on Mairs part, totally uncalled for  no

Even though I cant stand Heatly...
Communist China
Banned
VIP

« Reply #198 on: February 25, 2007, 08:52:52 PM »

These are the same fans who just loved Campbell laying out Umberger.? Then a similar hit (it was a blindside, but he was hit from the side) and they go foaming at the mouth.? Sic semper tyrannus.

Are you serious?? Umburger was in control of the puck with his head down.. Nothing dirty about that for a second.. But Drury got rid of the puck, with his side to Neil, and a head shot.... Ridicilous how you can compare that by any means.. Connley got taken out in the playoffs last year.. Not 1 buffalo fan started foaming at the mouth... You know why... It was clean!!! We had a reason to be pissed last Thursday tho...

Yea, the Umberger hit is not anything like the Drury hit.

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #199 on: February 25, 2007, 11:22:24 PM »

Canadiens trade Rivet to Sharks

Craig Rivet who was the Montreal Canadiens' longest-serving player, is now a San Jose Shark. In a move that general manager Bob Gainey said will boost both teams for the playoffs, the 32-year-old Rivet was dealt to the Sharks on Sunday for 22-year-old Josh Gorges in a swap of defencemen.Rivet, who was about to return from a bout of pneumonia, had spent is entire 12-year NHL career in Montreal but had an inkling that he would be moved. He is to become an unrestricted free agent on July 1. The Canadiens will also receive a first-round draft pick in 2007 while the Sharks get a fifth-rounder in 2008. It may appear a stiff price for Rivet, but the Sharks already held New Jersey's first-round pick for 2007 from a previous deal. "We acquired that pick for this purpose," said Sharks GM Doug Wilson. "I would rather get exactly what we want and pay a price than to have to chase your tail and get something that maybe doesn't fit as well."
Gainey said San Jose wanted an experienced defenceman who is a right-handed shot.Montreal wanted a fit, young defenceman who could step into the lineup right way and help with their playoff push. The Canadiens sit ninth in the East, one spot out of playoff position."We are still a team that isn't a selling team," Gainey said. "We want to make the playoffs and we're in position to make the playoffs."? ?Gorges is to arrive in Montreal on Monday but will not play before a game Tuesday night against the Rangers in New York.

Report: Leafs, Tucker reach multi-year deal

According to the Toronto Star, the Toronto Maple Leafs have tentatively agreed to terms on a multi-year contract with Darcy Tucker. Tucker will earn an average of US$3-million per season for at least three years, reports the newspaper. A possible fourth year, structured around a no-trade clause, would allow the Leafs to get out from under cap implications if neccessary. Tucker had 19 goals in 39 games for the Maple Leafs this season before injuring his foot on January 1. Tucker has scored at least 20 goals four times in his career, and had 19 in 39 games before getting sidelined by a foot injury in late December.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2007, 10:42:09 AM by Malcolm » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 34 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: