Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 11:09:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228060 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  The Official NHL 2006-2007 Season Thread
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 34 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Official NHL 2006-2007 Season Thread  (Read 126013 times)
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #260 on: March 11, 2007, 10:54:18 AM »

New York Islanders forward Chris Simon has been suspended for the remainder of the 2006-07 regular season and the entirety of the Stanley Cup playoffs.

Simon is suspended a minimum of 25 games, including Saturday night's game against Washington plus the 14 that remain in the 2006-07 regular season. If the Islanders do not qualify for the 2007 playoffs, or play fewer than 10 playoff games in the 2007 playoffs, Simon would serve additional games at the start of the 2007-08 regular season to satisfy the minimum term of the suspension.

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Mal Brossard
There should be a title here....
VIP

Iihan stuoramus alo vuoitte.

« Reply #261 on: March 11, 2007, 12:03:59 PM »

The remainder of the season is acceptable for this.

And yes, it was in retaliation for a dirty hit from behind, face-first into the glass.  Retaliation should have happened in this situation, but not in the way Simon did it.  However, I think this is similar to the McSorley slash on Brashear-- it was not intended to go to the guy's head.

When Marty hacked Brashear, he was trying for his shoulder.  But Brashear was turning, he dipped his shoulder, and the stick glanced off his shoulder and came to his head.  Likewise, I think Simon was trying to just give a cross-check type of hack to Hollweg's shoulders or chest to get him to come back and fight in response to his dirty hit.

Simon is reportedly suffering from concussion-like symptoms from the hit he took.  Perhaps this caused him to be a tad woozy and missed on his aim by about 6 or 8 inches and smack Hollweg in the face.

Anyways, I think the suspension Simon is receiving is plenty.

I’ll be the last to say "Don’t follow your heart," but there’s more to what it takes to be a man.
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #262 on: March 11, 2007, 01:33:14 PM »

The remainder of the season is acceptable for this.

And yes, it was in retaliation for a dirty hit from behind, face-first into the glass.? Retaliation should have happened in this situation, but not in the way Simon did it.? However, I think this is similar to the McSorley slash on Brashear-- it was not intended to go to the guy's head.

When Marty hacked Brashear, he was trying for his shoulder.? But Brashear was turning, he dipped his shoulder, and the stick glanced off his shoulder and came to his head.? Likewise, I think Simon was trying to just give a cross-check type of hack to Hollweg's shoulders or chest to get him to come back and fight in response to his dirty hit.

Simon is reportedly suffering from concussion-like symptoms from the hit he took.? Perhaps this caused him to be a tad woozy and missed on his aim by about 6 or 8 inches and smack Hollweg in the face.

Anyways, I think the suspension Simon is receiving is plenty.

Yup rest of the season is good... This should happen more often

But to say he wasnt going for the head?? Well mabye not, it was for the throat...
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #263 on: March 12, 2007, 10:34:56 AM »

that same jackass, Ryan Hollweg, had another hit from behind last night...about 5 feet from the baords on someone...this guy needs to be investigated...twice in 2 games rant

Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #264 on: March 12, 2007, 04:22:10 PM »

that same jackass, Ryan Hollweg, had another hit from behind last night...about 5 feet from the baords on someone...this guy needs to be investigated...twice in 2 games rant

Wow really? Is there a link?? His hit on simon was boderline I thought... A minor penalty at most.. But if he has a habbit of this shit, yes he needs to be looked at!!
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #265 on: March 12, 2007, 04:29:09 PM »

Wow really? Is there a link?? His hit on simon was boderline I thought... A minor penalty at most.. But if he has a habbit of this shit, yes he needs to be looked at!!

nah i looked but couldnt find it...i saw it on TV this mornings highlights from yesterdays games.

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #266 on: March 20, 2007, 12:30:16 PM »

Never a dull moment at NHLPA: Hall of Famer Mike Gartner resigns
Canadian Press    Mar 20, 2007, 12:06 AM EDT

TORONTO (CP) - Mike Gartner handed his resignation from the NHL Players' Assocation on Monday night, the latest development in a saga that appears far from over.

The Hockey Hall of Famer began a conference call with the players' executive board with his announcement that he was leaving as the NHLPA's director of hockey affairs, ending eight years of work at the union. "This decision was made with careful thought and consideration and has been contemplated over an extended period of time," Gartner said in a statement.

"I leave with great reservation due to my longstanding involvement with the Players' Association and in light of the current circumstances affecting the union. I am sincerely troubled by the recent revelations and am hopeful that the Association can move forward and be restored to a level of respect worthy of its members."

Mal Brossard
VIP

« Reply #267 on: March 21, 2007, 12:30:14 PM »

From SportsFansOnline.net...

Tuesday, March 20, 2007
Self-defense no longer legal in the NHL

It was officially announced today that Jordin Tootoo will receive a 5 game suspension for his gloved punch on Dallas' Stephane Robidas, proving two things. First, you are no longer to defend yourself from an oncoming attack, and second, that star players play by a different rulebook.

For those who didn't see what happened, Dallas' Mike Modano had his head down and was hit from the side by Tootoo in a clean, but hard hit. While Tootoo was skating away, Robidas flew over and was about to hit Tootoo after taking a good 6 or 7 strides, when Tootoo sensed him coming, turned, and slammed him with a right hook, glove still on. Robidas fell to the ice in a heap and was carted off on a stretcher. Just after the punch, Modano whipped around, sending his stick across the back of Tootoo's neck. Tootoo turned and challenged Modano to fight him like a real man, and Modano just ran away. Typical, considering Modano has two career fights-- he got jumped by John Kordic in his rookie season, and got cut open by noted tough guy (not) Rod Brind'Amour the next season.

Tootoo was simply defending himself from an oncoming attack. He was given 4 minutes for roughing, Robidas got two for charging. Modano was given nothing for a slash intended to hit Tootoo in the head, and even went on to score on the ensuing power play, putting him over the top for most goals scored by an American. For the rest of the game, Modano was booed every time he touched the puck due to his slash.

Five games for defending yourself? Is this supposed to send another anti-fighting message? We've already established via the instigator rule that you can't start a fight. And now with the suspension to Tootoo, you can't defend yourself from a fight either. Thanks NHL, you've finally done it. You've managed to get fighting out of the game by bending rules and fitting suspensions to what you think is appropriate.

But at the same time, via Modano's unpunished slash, you're seeing what happens when you ban fighting. The sticks will rise. The slashes will get higher. Elbows and hits from behind will take over. You can ban fighting in the NHL, but the violence as a whole will continue to escalate.

Posted by Drew at 3/20/2007 09:44:00 AM 0 comments 

Labels: hockey, hockey fight, NHL, violence

I’ll be the last to say "Don’t follow your heart," but there’s more to what it takes to be a man.
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #268 on: March 21, 2007, 04:28:50 PM »

Modano should've been given a penalty for the slash, maybe even more, but punching is not defense. If your going to hit a star player, you're going to get hit. It's the way it is. Tootoo knew it was coming, and he was man enough to take the hit or quick enough to brace his shoulder, so he punched Robidas in the face. 5 games may be a tad harsh, but it's worthy of a suspension.

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
Mal Brossard
VIP

« Reply #269 on: March 22, 2007, 12:55:09 PM »

I agree that there should be a suspension but 5 games?  It should have been three, tops.

The anti-fighting brigade in the media will be out in full force this week after Orr dropped Fedoruk last night.  I can see it coming now...

Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #270 on: March 22, 2007, 01:41:47 PM »

I agree that there should be a suspension but 5 games?? It should have been three, tops.

The anti-fighting brigade in the media will be out in full force this week after Orr dropped Fedoruk last night.? I can see it coming now...

Yeah it sucks... It was a clean fight, clean hit... To bad the guy got knocked out, hope he's ok... But he'll be the first to tell you its a part of the game...
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #271 on: March 22, 2007, 01:48:24 PM »

i guess fedoruk spent the night in hospital under observation hihi that can happen when you use your face to block a punch

i say Tootoo shoulda got 2 games max

COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #272 on: March 22, 2007, 02:28:49 PM »

The Rangers are f*cking smoking hot right now - Exact opposite of last year's nose dive
Mal Brossard
VIP

« Reply #273 on: March 23, 2007, 11:21:00 AM »

Even the NHL's head disciplinarian, Colon Cowboy Campbell is jumping on the anti-fighting bandwagon.

He's forgetting that fighting is the only thing that got him into the league in the first place, and it's the only thing keeping his son in the league as well.

Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #274 on: March 23, 2007, 04:36:30 PM »

Even the NHL's head disciplinarian, Colon Cowboy Campbell is jumping on the anti-fighting bandwagon.

He's forgetting that fighting is the only thing that got him into the league in the first place, and it's the only thing keeping his son in the league as well.

Whos his son?
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #275 on: March 23, 2007, 11:01:51 PM »

Fucking Leafs blowing a 4-1 lead in the 3rd to loose 5-4 to Buffalo...OMG

gnrgnr06
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #276 on: March 23, 2007, 11:06:29 PM »

FUCKING LEAFS YOU MOTHERFUCKS >:(I can't believe this shit.................im so depressed crying
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #277 on: March 23, 2007, 11:18:55 PM »

Guys do you hear that???

.........Its the leafs choking!!? rofl rofl rofl rofl

Wow what a game... Even with the refs handing an open net goal to the leafs, to secure the game with 14 min left....? hihi

Face it guys they are not playoff material... Bring back Quinn!!? Grin

LETS GO BUFFALO
« Last Edit: March 23, 2007, 11:50:39 PM by Loaded NightraiN » Logged
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #278 on: March 24, 2007, 08:59:50 AM »

Thank God for Thomas Vanek. He pulled Buffalo through last night. I was there, and the crying Leafs fans were adorable.

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
gnrgnr06
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #279 on: March 24, 2007, 09:11:46 AM »

We will get our revenge tonight. More along the lines of a 10-0 win
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 34 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: