Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 12:16:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  The Official NHL 2006-2007 Season Thread
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 34 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Official NHL 2006-2007 Season Thread  (Read 126094 times)
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #360 on: April 13, 2007, 02:06:58 PM »

Usually when people try and make a game more 'exciting' they end up fucking it up.

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #361 on: April 13, 2007, 02:30:05 PM »

leave the playoff OT alone IMO....i remember one year i watched the Wings and Blues in OT....when Yzerman scored it was the fucking best after all that time

ididnt stay up to watch the Van/Dal game though..i said fuck it and crashed after the 3rd was over hihi

COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #362 on: April 13, 2007, 06:01:11 PM »

Ranger game was terrific hockey. Jagr was getting mugged as usual - but besides that
it was a pretty open game. I think the Rangers need to get a little more physical the next game. Atlanta pretty much pushed them around, despite losing.
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #363 on: April 13, 2007, 06:34:47 PM »

Hurricanes sign Ray Whitney to 3-year deal

Left wing Ray Whitney, the Carolina Hurricanes' leading scorer, signed a three-year, $10.5 million contract Friday.

"Ray's leadership on and off the ice is important to our success in the future," said Jim Rutherford, the team's president and general manager. "He has the dedication and desire to win that a team needs, and he makes the players around him better."

Whitney would have become an unrestricted free agent July 1.Whitney led the Hurricanes and tied for 21st in the NHL with a career-high 83 points. He tied his career high with 32 goals.The Hurricanes originally signed Whitney as a free agent on Aug. 6, 2005.

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #364 on: April 13, 2007, 07:10:15 PM »

Yeah definitely no shootouts. A playoff game or series should not be decided on a shootout.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #365 on: April 13, 2007, 08:58:15 PM »

Ranger game was terrific hockey. Jagr was getting mugged as usual - but besides that
it was a pretty open game. I think the Rangers need to get a little more physical the next game. Atlanta pretty much pushed them around, despite losing.

Yeah in the third period Atlanta was clearly playing better. The rangers dominated the first two. The rangers can't let that happen again
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #366 on: April 15, 2007, 02:54:21 AM »

Rangers now up 2-0 on Atlanta. Two very close and good games. I hope we can end it in New York.
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #367 on: April 15, 2007, 08:37:48 AM »

Rangers now up 2-0 on Atlanta. Two very close and good games. I hope we can end it in New York.

Hell yeah bro - another solid game - Garden will be rocking
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #368 on: April 15, 2007, 07:59:56 PM »

I wish i could be there or at least see it but unfortunately i won't get the broadcast here in texas.
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #369 on: April 15, 2007, 10:50:30 PM »

I wish i could be there or at least see it but unfortunately i won't get the broadcast here in texas.

Bumber
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #370 on: April 15, 2007, 11:02:14 PM »

yep definite bummer.
Mal Brossard
There should be a title here....
VIP

Iihan stuoramus alo vuoitte.

« Reply #371 on: April 16, 2007, 06:26:57 AM »

You play the game 'till you have a winner. No weird 4-4 overtimes, no shoot outs.

Agreed.  No way should gimmicky crap like 4-on-4 or a shootout decide something as important as the playoffs.  I like it in the regular season so that there are no ties anymore, but in something like the playoffs, keep it 5-on-5.

Anyways, I'm really liking the fact that for once there's actually some physical play going on in the postseason.  So many previous years, there's a hit after the whistle blows and nothing happens.  A borderline hit, and no response.  Now there are a lot of great hits, scrums after every whistle, a few fights, and you can tell the players are actually playing with some fire for once in this league.

I’ll be the last to say "Don’t follow your heart," but there’s more to what it takes to be a man.
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #372 on: April 16, 2007, 12:44:25 PM »

Kinda random but... The local news was talking to Danny Briere in the locker room after game 2, and nightrain was blairing!! Thought that was cool  peace
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #373 on: April 16, 2007, 12:52:29 PM »

Surprised at Calgary's performance so far..but i'm not complaining jsut kinda shocked...although they are totally differnet at home....i hope Detroit can take at least one game there Wink

and see that bullshit call against forsberg on friday...wtf?

and that poor ottawa dude got smoked yesterday holy shit. they gotta do somthing about those shoulder pads man Undecided

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #374 on: April 16, 2007, 01:17:18 PM »

Agreed...The Shoulder Pads are a huge part of the problem...Go back to the old cushoned
ones and they will no longer be knocked out on every other 'big' hit..It's ridiculous...If they dont do this at the end of this year its basically saying they dont care about there players health....I would much rather see a huge hit and the guy get right back up then him lay therre while they bring the stretcher out

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #375 on: April 16, 2007, 09:47:18 PM »

Wow I thought the Devils would be doing so much better than this...Big props to Lecalvier and St Louis

Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #376 on: April 16, 2007, 11:31:47 PM »

Wow I thought the Devils would be doing so much better than this...Big props to Lecalvier and St Louis

Whats the streak at now?? The one where a 7 seed beats a 2 seed??

Will it continue this year??
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #377 on: April 16, 2007, 11:48:03 PM »

Whats the streak at now?? The one where a 7 seed beats a 2 seed??

Will it continue this year??

well if it does its going to have to be tampa bay that does it. anaheim is up on 7th seed wild in the west.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #378 on: April 18, 2007, 12:10:59 AM »

So how about that Ranger game tonight. They completely dominated the thrashers. I think they'll end it tomorrow. Atlanta is just showing absolutely no life at all. I said it before the playoffs started. A hot team with a hot goalie is scary to play in the playoffs and the rangers are proving it. They are playing great hockey right now.
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #379 on: April 18, 2007, 12:30:41 AM »

So how about that Ranger game tonight. They completely dominated the thrashers. I think they'll end it tomorrow. Atlanta is just showing absolutely no life at all. I said it before the playoffs started. A hot team with a hot goalie is scary to play in the playoffs and the rangers are proving it. They are playing great hockey right now.

Hi-Five Timothy

They were dominant tonight - nothing else to say man

Atlanta is gonna go out looking to bludgeon people tomorrow
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 34 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: