Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 08, 2024, 07:46:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228015 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Who plays drums on oh my god?
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who plays drums on oh my god?  (Read 5098 times)
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2006, 09:05:13 AM »

Former member Duff McKagan as well as former employee Matt Sorum

hihi am I the only one who finds it hysterical that Duff is titled a member and Matt is titled an employee?? Oh that silly Axl.

In fact I like that. But then I've never liked Sorum. So Grin

'Oh My God' IMO is a great song, lyrically. I'm not a big fan of its musical orientation but it has grown on me over the years smoking

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2006, 09:29:10 AM »

Wow. I've never thought that answering this question needs 2 pages. Good job!  ok

BTW Josh's playing is really great on that song.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
AxlRose4eva1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2006, 01:17:43 PM »

Josh and his brother Jason also play on Tommy's village gorilla head album.  Hes a great drummer, putting him down is idiotic.  He was Tool's drum tech for a long time and wanted to play in a real band. GNR hadnt toured and there wasnt a tour for a long time so he went with the band that seemed to be going places.  Hes very well respected in the music world and its a shame he left GNR, but it was probably the right decision for both groups, I like Brain's beats for gnr better and Tommy doesnt seem like the kinda guy who would been happy sitting around for ten years in his prime doing nothing.
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2006, 01:25:46 PM »

Josh is very versatile player, after leaving GNR he formed A Perfect Circle with Tool frontman and some more musicians, their debut is very good stuff called Mer De Noms. he did session drums with numerous bands, including The Offspring's Splinter.

his drumming at OMG is not so awesome in my opinion, the song is average, but it has very addictive riff, it definitely has grown on me... I like it altough it's no hit

AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2006, 01:26:42 PM »

Josh is very versatile player, after leaving GNR he formed A Perfect Circle with Tool frontman and some more musicians, their debut is very good stuff called Mer De Noms.

Check my post on the first page about why he left GN'R. Wink
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2006, 01:30:08 PM »

Josh is very versatile player, after leaving GNR he formed A Perfect Circle with Tool frontman and some more musicians, their debut is very good stuff called Mer De Noms.

Check my post on the first page about why he left GN'R. Wink

hmmm yea I haven't read it before I wrote that above :-*but you're right. personally I like the fact that GNR are absorbing modern rock style, I'm a big fan of Tool and NIN.

liesin
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2006, 02:11:58 PM »

yeak it really is. Good drummer that josh
Chinese Democracy
Headliner

"What, did somebody step on a duck!?"-R.D. 1980

« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2006, 02:15:19 PM »

If Josh Freese played the drums on oh my god, then i think is a big loss for guns n roses, why he quit the band?

I know that brain played oh my god live, and I heard 10 full concerts aprox. of the new guns.

I don't catch the style of brain, don't convince me, I think Sorum was best, and possibly Freese too...

nice song by the way...

As soon as I read the read the part about Matt Sorum being best I almost laughed out loud.

Like the tide out on the ocean,
? The waves already set in motion...
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2006, 02:26:52 PM »

a machine, probably a computer. That's why it sucks, lol. terrible, terrible song anyway...

I do like the song OMG, even although it sounds different to the classic AFD Gn'R sound. The biggest down side to OMG is the muffled sound it has about. It would be good to hear the band play it and record it in a studio without all the added fx and over used voice distortion.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2006, 02:27:18 PM »

hihi am I the only one who finds it hysterical that Duff is titled a member and Matt is titled an employee?? Oh that silly Axl.

yeah i laughed so hard when i saw that too yes rofl
Eclipsed107
VIP

Fucked over in Philly - 12/06/02

« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2006, 02:45:39 PM »

hihi am I the only one who finds it hysterical that Duff is titled a member and Matt is titled an employee?  Oh that silly Axl.

In fact I like that. But then I've never liked Sorum. So Grin

haha, you know, I used to not mind him, but he just seems like he's become a huge ass of late.  I saw him with the Cult and after the show he wasn't exactly being friendly with the fans (except for a couple of girls) and did you see him that "Making of Velvet Revolver" show on VH1 (sorry can't remember the name).  He was just a huge asshole on it.  ugh.  His drumming is alright, it never impressed me, but the way people rave about him you'd think he was Keith Moon!

If I said you had a beautiful body, would you take your pants off and dance around a little?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2006, 03:27:06 PM »

Josh also plays on the new Sweet Child O' Mine version heard over the end credits of Big Daddy.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2006, 04:17:22 PM »

I find it truly amusing, as it couldn't be closer to the truth.

Eclipsed107
VIP

Fucked over in Philly - 12/06/02

« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2006, 04:25:58 PM »

Josh also plays on the new Sweet Child O' Mine version heard over the end credits of Big Daddy.

It's almost a shame that he didn't say with the band, he's a great drummer.. and he's played with EVERYONE.

He's the type of guy who has to be constently doing something though, deffently not the right fit for Gn'R. hihi

If I said you had a beautiful body, would you take your pants off and dance around a little?
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2006, 05:49:52 PM »

/jarmo
[/quote

do you know if this can be heard on the dvd too or was it just with the cinema release? by the by, its curious that no one has mentioned the vandals so far...? Apologies in advance if i missed that thogh. and im fairly sure he has never been anyone's drum tech, especially not gnr's.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2006, 06:01:18 PM by AL1978 » Logged

I would'nt do that if I were you.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2006, 06:07:30 PM »

I think it plays over the end credits....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
madagas
« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2006, 06:26:04 PM »

Josh also played drums for Paul Westerberg's solo stuff in the early and mid 90's. He is the drummer on the two new Replacements tunes on their greatest hits as well.  ok
shoup
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2006, 06:41:21 PM »

Oh My God is a really good song. I wouldn't care one bit if it appeared on CD (doubtful it will) if it was rerecorded and didn't sound like it was produced through a sludge machine. Rio 2001 kicked arse!  ok
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: