Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 10:35:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Aerosmith Thread.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 44 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Aerosmith Thread.  (Read 212879 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #600 on: December 03, 2009, 10:40:14 AM »

From an interview with Keith Nelson of Buckcherry today.

You and Josh were in an early version of Velvet Revolver with former Guns N' Roses members Slash and Duff McKagan. Have those guys come crawling back to Josh now that they need a new singer?

(Laughing) I have no idea! I hear Steven Tyler is available.

Actually, Josh's name has been tossed about as a replacement for Tyler in Aerosmith.

I'm not worried. I know Josh's level of commitment to Buckcherry. (The rumors) are fun for people to play with because they need something to talk about. I'm a huge Aerosmith fan, but if somebody else sings for that band it's just not Aerosmith.

http://www.austin360.com/music/content/music/stories/austin360/2009/12/1203xlmusic.html

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #601 on: December 07, 2009, 02:21:46 PM »

Here is a two part interview with Joe Perry where he talks about Steven Tyler with Itou Masanori.  In part 1 he talks about Steven joining him on stage in Boston, that Steven has never said he is leaving the band and that there's no feud between them.  In part 2 he talks about what's on the new album and why the album didn't get finished, how Steven was not excited to work with Brendan O'Brien.

Part 1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUWKCrlaf_g

Part 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=St8oG0d6khE

Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #602 on: December 09, 2009, 10:21:00 AM »

Lenny Kravitz I guess said thanks but no thanks to Aerosmith-said Tyler is a family friend-that would have been interesting to say the least

libertad
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #603 on: December 09, 2009, 11:23:43 AM »

This whole drama has to play out and fail, before they realize they can't continue without Tyler. It's a matter of time.

Fuck 'Em All.
_Mezz_
Opening Act

Why let one bad apple spoil the whole damn bunch?

« Reply #604 on: December 11, 2009, 10:53:52 PM »

I love Aerosmith, it's a shame that things are like this now because they don't have to be.
Steven feels like he needs to take 2 years off to work on "brand Tyler", but for what? I mean, Steven defines almost all of what Aerosmith is.

I was at the concert where he came unannounced onto the stage and did "Walk This Way" - I was front row too. At this point it's getting confusing almost....no one knows what's up with Steven and the band are already taking steps to move forward without him.

If there's any hope for them, they have to find a way to communicate with Steven.
Mudkicker
Headliner

« Reply #605 on: December 12, 2009, 12:29:08 AM »

the guys in aerosmith say they want to work with a new singer...why does everyone assume they would call the project aerosmith?
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #606 on: December 15, 2009, 01:14:36 PM »

This is video of Joe Perry Project performing "Slingshot" on David Letterman December 11th.  The full episode, their performance is @ 38:00.

http://www.cbs.com/late_night/late_show/video/?pid=IffX_KEbWRNvHl5ZZ8AyjmQB2x79m48N&nrd=1

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #607 on: December 15, 2009, 04:13:20 PM »

Josh Todd has commented on rumors of replacing Steven Tyler...

He told Rolling Stone: ?He (Tyler) has been a huge inspiration for me and Buckcherry. I truly believe that no one can take his place and hopefully they patch things up. I am the singer of Buckcherry and we are currently hard at work on the next record. Hopefully we will see an Aerosmith/Buckcherry tour in the future.?

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #608 on: December 23, 2009, 01:19:13 AM »

AEROSMITH's STEVEN TYLER Enters Rehab For Painkiller Addiction - Dec. 22, 2009

People.com reports that AEROSMITH lead singer Steven Tyler has entered a rehab facility for pain management and an addiction to prescription painkillers resulting from 10 years of performance injuries.

"With the help of my family and team of medical professionals, I am taking responsibility for the management of my pain and am eager to be back on the stage and in the recording studio with my bandmates Joe Perry, Joey Kramer, Tom Hamilton and Brad Whitford," Tyler says in a statement released to People.com.

Read the entire report from People.com.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=132445

Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #609 on: December 23, 2009, 05:34:36 AM »

"With the help of my family and team of medical professionals, I am taking responsibility for the management of my pain and am eager to be back on the stage and in the recording studio with my bandmates Joe Perry, Joey Kramer, Tom Hamilton and Brad Whitford," Tyler says in a statement released to People.com.

Well, that sounds positive.

Fuck 'Em All.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #610 on: December 23, 2009, 06:57:06 AM »

Awesome news.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #611 on: December 23, 2009, 08:06:48 AM »

Aerosmith singer Steven Tyler goes into rehab

Aerosmith frontman Steven Tyler has checked himself into a rehab clinic to treat an addiction to painkillers.

The 61-year-old had been taking the drugs to help him cope with 10 years of performance injuries.

In a statement released to Rolling Stone magazine, the musician said: "I am taking responsibility for the management of my pain."

He added that he was "eager to be back on the stage and in the recording studio with my bandmates".

'Completely false'

His daughter Liv also issued a statement calling Tyler "a courageous man".

"We love him and are so proud that he is getting help to balance his pain management, not just for himself but for his family, friends and fans," said the actress.

Tyler also reiterated that he had no intention of leaving the band.

"I wish to set the record straight and say that I have read reports of a rumoured two-year hiatus and want to be clear that this is completely false.

"I will enthusiastically be writing, recording and performing with Aerosmith as soon as things are handled," he said.

Last month Aerosmith guitarist Joe Perry reportedly said Tyler had left the band, but the rest of the group planned to continue with a new frontman.

Perry's comments came after Tyler gave an interview to Classic Rock magazine, which stated the star planned to pursue a solo career.

However, days later Tyler ended speculation that he was leaving by joining guitarist Perry on stage in New York's Irving Plaza.

"I just want New York to know, I am not leaving Aerosmith," Tyler declared, before launching into the group's hit Walk This Way.

Tyler last entered rehab in 2008 to deal with pain from foot surgery.

He also had problems with drugs and alcohol in the 1970s and 1980s before completing rehabilitation in 1986.

Tyler fell off the stage during a South Dakota show in early August, forcing the band to cancel the remainder of its summer tour.

At the time, Tyler told Rolling Stone he resented implications that the accident occurred while he was intoxicated.

After the tour was cancelled, there were reports of tensions within the band.

In early November, Tyler told a reporter he was taking time off to work on "Brand Tyler" and his bandmates responded by announcing they were beginning to search for a replacement singer.

Fuck 'Em All.
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #612 on: December 23, 2009, 04:56:52 PM »

Awesome news, Aerosmith are probably in my top five all time favorites.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #613 on: December 23, 2009, 05:33:49 PM »

Good to hear that someone else won't be fronting Aerosmith. Unless they still decide they're looking for a new singer....

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #614 on: December 23, 2009, 05:44:09 PM »

I dont think they really were going to.. i think it was tough love to get Steven to shape up so they threatened him with the only thing they knew would work.

must suck being so susceptible to opiates that you can't even properly recover from surgeries.

JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #615 on: January 08, 2010, 10:21:25 AM »

They used to be for me too...until I found out a while back they had to bring in Desmond Child and others to "help" them write songs.  When I was younger I never really looked at song writing credits, and the Permanent Vacation, Pump, Get  A Grip era was what got me into to Aerosmith.  Kind of like finding out Santa didn't exist.  At least they were a kickass band back in the day though, but now I put them just a notch above Bon Jovi.

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #616 on: January 08, 2010, 12:36:18 PM »

They used to be for me too...until I found out a while back they had to bring in Desmond Child and others to "help" them write songs.  When I was younger I never really looked at song writing credits, and the Permanent Vacation, Pump, Get  A Grip era was what got me into to Aerosmith.  Kind of like finding out Santa didn't exist.  At least they were a kickass band back in the day though, but now I put them just a notch above Bon Jovi.

I don't see what the big deal is. I agree that most modern pop garbage where a singer / band only lends their image and computer fixed up voice to material completely written by others is terrible, but when you have been in the business of song writing as long as Aerosmith have, it's sometimes useful to collaborate with someone from outside to bring in some fresh ideas and inspiration. Besides Desmond has only co-written six songs in the entire Aerosmith catalog and all of them are good songs. You can hardly compare them to Bon Jovi, whose first hit single itself was a Desmond Child song.

Perhaps then, you wouldn't like the Guns songs written with West Arkeen and others?
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 12:38:15 PM by Genesis » Logged

Fuck 'Em All.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #617 on: January 08, 2010, 01:21:15 PM »

I don't see what the big deal is. I agree that most modern pop garbage where a singer / band only lends their image and computer fixed up voice to material completely written by others is terrible, but when you have been in the business of song writing as long as Aerosmith have, it's sometimes useful to collaborate with someone from outside to bring in some fresh ideas and inspiration. Besides Desmond has only co-written six songs in the entire Aerosmith catalog and all of them are good songs. You can hardly compare them to Bon Jovi, whose first hit single itself was a Desmond Child song.

Perhaps then, you wouldn't like the Guns songs written with West Arkeen and others?

West was a friend of the band.

Desmond is a professional.  And the devil, I might add.
JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #618 on: January 08, 2010, 01:48:22 PM »

The songs written with Arkeen, Tobias, etc, where not contrived actions by the record label or band to create more marketable songs that the pop sheeple would enjoy.  You may see that as fresh ideas and inspiration, I don't.

Desmond getting paid to come in and help pen Aerosmith and Bon Jovi hit singles is nothing like a longtime friend of the band before they were even a band cowriting songs. Child was brought in to make hit singles, thats what he does and he does it well.  That is not that same as a few buds having a few cocktails and penning a song on a pizza box. Not a good comparison.

I grant you that my mentioning Aerosmith in the same sentence as Bon Jovi was a bit extreme, since Aerosmith was a solid band prior to the Permanent Vacation era and can still be considered one of the greats because of their prior work. But on the same token, it is the same disease no matter when you caught it.

And it's not that I don't enjoy the modern Aerosmith music anymore,  I do. You're right, its not a big deal.  I can tap my feet and sing along to Bon Jovi with the best of them, I understand why they are popular. I really don't care who what where writes a song if I dig it, however it does affects the level of respect I have for it.  

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #619 on: January 08, 2010, 03:34:24 PM »

The hell is with all this Bon Jovi Bashing? they put Desmond Child on the map and he worked with Aerosmith after Bon Jovi.

Also, it isn't like Desmond wrote the entire song... it was a cowriting thing.  Bon Jovi have plenty of non Desmond Child songs that are great and huge. so lets don't discredit a band cause they worked with a song doctor.

aerosmith have one number 1 single written by Diane Warren.. Bon Jovi have number 1 singles written by just them.

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 44 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: