Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 12:31:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Aerosmith Thread.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 44 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Aerosmith Thread.  (Read 212911 times)
JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #620 on: January 08, 2010, 04:32:24 PM »

Child worked with Kiss before Bon Jovi. 

Plus I am sure whoever wrote Britney Spears' first hit was put on the map by her as well. 

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #621 on: January 08, 2010, 04:39:48 PM »

yeah but Kiss never had a Livin On A Prayer or Bad Name.

wonder why Child didn't hit it big until he worked with Richie and Jon?

U act like Desmond wrote the entire song himself and BJ just performed it.  That isn't close to how it works.

Richie wrote the riffs to Bad Name, Jon Came up with the hook and chorus. Desmond helps with making sure everything is smooth and tight but he doesn't write the entire song.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #622 on: January 08, 2010, 04:47:07 PM »

It is the contrived nature of the thing that bugs me....like sitting in the office of the record company pondering how to make a hit..."I have an idea, this guy can really turn that cool riff of yours into a number one single, lets bring him in.."

ish...

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #623 on: January 08, 2010, 11:45:02 PM »

The hell is with all this Bon Jovi Bashing? they put Desmond Child on the map and he worked with Aerosmith after Bon Jovi.

Ha, I'm not bashing Bon Jovi, but they are quite different from Aerosmith. Bon Jovi did start out more as a pop rock act rather than a hard core rock band.

It is the contrived nature of the thing that bugs me....like sitting in the office of the record company pondering how to make a hit..."I have an idea, this guy can really turn that cool riff of yours into a number one single, lets bring him in.."
ish...

I doubt it's that way, but anyway if they can use a writer and come up with songs like 'Angel', 'Dude Looks Like A Lady', 'Crazy' etc. for their next album, then I'm all for it.

Fuck 'Em All.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #624 on: January 09, 2010, 08:10:39 AM »

At the end of the day.

This is how i see it.

Both Bon Jovi and Aerosmith did albums without song writers. Especially Aerosmith, a decades worth.

Now that to me, proves they can do it. So they song writers in to get bigger hits? The music was still good, in my opinion the music was still them! It was the band that brought all the Horns and keyboards in, not the song writers. Aerosmiths riffs, grooves and inventive music is still there. The writers just helped do the lyrics. Big Deal.

html sucks
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #625 on: January 21, 2010, 02:39:41 PM »

Here is just some of the interview with Joe Perry...

Perry hunting Tyler replacement

"We're already getting the word out there. The word's been out there for a while. After my Motley Crue tour, we'll start having some auditions, making some phone calls," he says. "Hopefully, we'll have found a new singer by the summer, and Aerosmith will be able to go back out on the road."

But he [Steven Tyler] has to have leg surgery and foot surgery and it's basically going to take him out of the picture for about a year, year and a half. So, in the meantime, the rest of the band wants to play. And I want to play with the other guys in Aerosmith. So the four of us are just making our plans. We're gonna find somebody to get in there and fill that spot.

I think it would be appropriate to call it Aerosmith. We'll play Aerosmith songs. Maybe we'll do five shows, maybe we'll do 20 shows, I don't know. And hopefully sometime Steven will come back.

http://www.winnipegsun.com/entertainment/music/2010/01/18/12515371-qmi.html

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #626 on: January 21, 2010, 03:21:22 PM »

"We're already getting the word out there. The word's been out there for a while. After my Motley Crue tour, we'll start having some auditions, making some phone calls," he says. "Hopefully, we'll have found a new singer by the summer, and Aerosmith will be able to go back out on the road."

But he [Steven Tyler] has to have leg surgery and foot surgery and it's basically going to take him out of the picture for about a year, year and a half. So, in the meantime, the rest of the band wants to play. And I want to play with the other guys in Aerosmith. So the four of us are just making our plans. We're gonna find somebody to get in there and fill that spot.

I think it would be appropriate to call it Aerosmith. We'll play Aerosmith songs. Maybe we'll do five shows, maybe we'll do 20 shows, I don't know. And hopefully sometime Steven will come back.

I hope this an idle threat to try and get Steven to shape up. Otherwise it's the dumbest idea ever. Actually....does anyone even give a shit anymore?

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #627 on: January 21, 2010, 07:26:47 PM »

This is just ridiculous

I absolutely don't like Joe Perry whatsoever after this ridiculous crap.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #628 on: January 21, 2010, 09:34:51 PM »

This is pathetic. They wanna get a temp replacement singer just to do some shows while Steven has surgery he needs to have. I almost hope Steven quits the band now.
inlikeflynn420
Rocker

Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke!

« Reply #629 on: January 21, 2010, 09:57:13 PM »

The first time i saw Aerosmith was at the Spectrum in Philly in '88. I went because Guns n' Roses was the opening band. Both bands kicked ass that night. Now Aerosmith may be no more, they're tearing the Spectrum down...

But Guns n' Fuckin' Roses is still kicking ass!!!

8.4.88Philly
6.11.91Hershey
7.17.92D.C.
12.6.2Philly*
10.25.6Tampa
11.13.6Baltimore
1.28.10Toronto
11.20.11WilkesBarre
11.26.11Camden
2.27.12Philly
5.13.14Bethlehem
4.8.16Vegas
7.14.16Phil
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #630 on: January 22, 2010, 05:58:05 AM »

Good luck with finding a replacement for Steven Tyler that quickly Mr Perry...  whats his goddamn rush?  Surely he and the other guys can be musical whilst Steven is recovering without it having to be Aerosmith.  Not good for the band as a whole in my opinion. We'll just have to see.  Am glad they all still want to be playing but I wouldnt buy a ticket to see "aerosmith" without tyler performing personally. 
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #631 on: January 27, 2010, 10:51:04 PM »

Weird!

http://undercover.com.au/News-Story.aspx?id=10200

Steven Tyler Performs Karaoke Aerosmith
by Music-News.com - January 28 2010

Steven Tyler gave shoppers in a hardware store a treat on the weekend. He shocked shoppers by serenading them with two of Aerosmith?s biggest hits.

The rock star ? who checked into rehab in December - launched into a cappella versions of 'Dude Looks Like a Lady? and 'I Don't Want to Miss a Thing? over the loudspeaker system at a Californian Home Depot store this weekend, shocking staff and shoppers.

A source told website TMZ: 'Steven also swallowed a few mouthfuls of gas from a helium machine, for blowing up balloons, and kept singing in a high pitched Bee Gees style. He was very relaxed though, and happily signed autographs for anyone who asked.'

The troubled star is currently on hiatus from Aerosmith after a rocky few months with the group. He entered rehab last month to seek treatment for an addiction to painkillers, which comes from years of orthopaedic injuries.

The other members of the group have said they are looking for a replacement, but have no idea if it will be on a permanent basis or not.

Guitarist Joe Perry said: 'We?re going find somebody to get in there and fill that spot. We?ll play Aerosmith songs. Maybe we?ll do five shows, maybe we?ll do 20 shows, I don?t know. And hopefully sometime Steven will come back.'

Steven?s impromptu performance was not the first time he has exercised his vocal chords in public recently.

Earlier this month, he reportedly turned up at a karaoke bar in Palm Springs, California, where he joined locals in a rendition of 'I Don't Want to Miss a Thing?.

Mike 'DJ Kermie? May, who hosted the event, said: 'All of a sudden, near the end of the song, Steven grabbed the mic and started singing. The whole bar surrounded him and he just started singing the whole thing. Karaoke will never get better than that.'

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #632 on: January 28, 2010, 12:53:50 AM »

Cool. ok

Fuck 'Em All.
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #633 on: January 28, 2010, 09:08:32 AM »

First Paul Rodgers, now Billy Idol   Huh

Source Classic Rock: http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news/could-billy-idol-be-aerosmiths-king-rocker/

Following Classic Rock?s exclusive story that Paul Rodgers was asked by guitarist Joe Perry to be Aerosmith?s new singer, we can reveal the name of another star sounded out by Perry to fill Steven Tyler?s shoes: Billy Idol.
A source tells us:

?Joe had been approaching a few people about replacing Steven and he invited Billy to his show at the House Of Blues in Los Angeles.

?Joe said he wanted to talk to Billy about joining Aerosmith, because the band were having problems with Steven.?

The gig ? which featured the Joe Perry Project ? took place on November 24 in West Hollywood. It was reviewed in the December 2009 edition of Classic Rock (issue No.139).

However, in a strange turn of events, Idol failed to respond to Perry?s invitation.

?As far as I know Idol did not show up due to having a cold,? says our source.

Whether this means the door remains open for Idol to try out for the Aerosmith job at a future date is unclear.

Besides Paul Rodgers and Billy Idol, Classic Rock knows the name of a third high-profile singer who has been asked to replace Tyler.

Can anyone honestly imagine Billy Idol crooning through Dream on ?!
superstarmc
Rocker

« Reply #634 on: January 30, 2010, 11:56:48 PM »

What's the point in getting a new singer?  Aerosmith fans are gonna think this bands a joke now.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #635 on: January 31, 2010, 12:24:57 PM »

Steven Tyler's Strange Home Depot Trip Explained

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20340381,00.html

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #636 on: January 31, 2010, 04:38:59 PM »

U know, Aerosmith use to be one of my 5 fave bands of all time but they have turned me off to the point that Im not sure i even consider myself a fan right now.

Joe Perry turned me off big time on the Making of Pump when he said "Its the easiest way I know to make money."

I know musicians are out for the cash for the most part, but the way he said it just turned me off.. and now all the greatest hits and cash grab tours etc.... now wanting to replace Tyler......... ridiculous shit

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #637 on: January 31, 2010, 05:42:26 PM »

I agree Joe Perry is looking like a complete prick.
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #638 on: February 01, 2010, 08:46:31 AM »

Report: STEVEN TYLER Could Sue To Stop AEROSMITH Replacement Singer

Gary Graff of Billboard.com reports that Steven Tyler's Los Angeles-based attorney, Skip Miller, fired off a letter to AEROSMITH manager Howard Kaufman last week requesting that AEROSMITH's management "immediately cease and desist from engaging in acts and conduct to the harm and detriment of your own client, AEROSMITH, and our client who is one of its members." Miller subsequently told Billboard.com that on behalf of Tyler he's called a meeting of AEROSMITH's "shareholders" on Feb. 9 to discuss the band's future, including recording a new album and touring this year of Europe and South America. The four-page letter also states that "we reserve all of our legal rights and remedies in this matter, including, without limitation, pursuing legal action for damages and other appropriate relief."

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #639 on: February 01, 2010, 11:18:48 AM »

Way to go Tyler. I fully support Steven Tyler on this. The others (or maybe it's just Joe Perry) are way out of line.
We don't want to listen to an Aerosmith cover band, thank you very much.

Fuck 'Em All.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 44 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: