Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 12:32:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Aerosmith Thread.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 44 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Aerosmith Thread.  (Read 212912 times)
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #660 on: February 16, 2010, 10:49:33 PM »

And if I'm not mistaken, are headlining as their name is above GNR on the poster?

Yeah so?
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #661 on: February 16, 2010, 11:31:55 PM »

And if I'm not mistaken, are headlining as their name is above GNR on the poster?

Yeah so?

When you see festival ads, the band on top usually headlines right?

That's my point.

However not sure what days Aerosmith is playing, nor when GNR are. Doubtful the same day.
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #662 on: February 16, 2010, 11:43:15 PM »

Yeah so?

That's my point.

However not sure what days Aerosmith is playing, nor when GNR are. Doubtful the same day.

If that's the case wouldn't GNR be headlining one night and aerodeath the other?
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #663 on: February 17, 2010, 12:13:25 AM »

Yeah so?

That's my point.

If that's the case wouldn't GNR be headlining one night and aerodeath the other?
Yeah, they're probably both headlining on different nights.  What a crazy year it's been for Aerosmith!

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #664 on: February 17, 2010, 12:43:08 AM »

Yeah so?

That's my point.

Are you illiterate? Or did you fail to read where I said "not sure what day...etc"?
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #665 on: February 17, 2010, 06:52:31 AM »

they are both headliners and will play on different nights

edit: just noticed that they've changed the order of names on the poster, gnr is now above aerosmith
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 10:31:41 AM by CheapJon » Logged
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #666 on: February 18, 2010, 05:55:18 PM »

Aerosmith Plots Summer European Tour

by Gary Graff, Detroit  |   February 18, 2010

erosmith will be adding more European dates to its summer itinerary to follow up the booking at this year's Download Festival in England.

Effectively signaling a settling of differences with frontman Steven Tyler that had the other band members threatening to seek another singer -- temporarily, according to guitarist Joe Perry -- Aerosmith will precede its June 13 Download date with an appearance at the Sweden Rock Festival on June 10 in Solvesborg. A U.K. spokeswoman for the band tells Billboard.com that other European dates will be announced shortly.

"There's no Aerosmith without Steven Tyler," notes Download promoter Andy Copping of Live Nation U.K. "There's no point in entertaining anything other than (with) Steven Tyler." Copping adds that an Aerosmith without Tyler "was never part of the conversation" with the group's representatives.

The group has also been offered tour dates in South America, but nothing has been announced yet. No North American shows have been mentioned, and there's also no word on if and when Aerosmith plans to resume work on the new album it was recording in Brendan O'Brien, which was sidelined by Tyler and Perry's health issues.

Tyler has been in rehab since late December for an addiction to painkillers. Perry has been touring with his Joe Perry Project to support his latest album, "Have Guitar, Will Travel," while drummer Joey Kramer has been promoting his autobiography, "Hit Hard: A Story of Hitting Rock Bottom at the Top." Guitarist Brad Whitford is gearing up for an Experience Hendrix tour that starts March 4 in Santa Barbara, Calif.

http://www.billboard.com/#/events/aerosmith-plots-summer-european-tour-1004068868.story?tag=hpfeed

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #667 on: February 18, 2010, 06:11:32 PM »

Well, they should play in Helsinki Live -festival with GN'R. That would make my summer Smiley

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #668 on: February 21, 2010, 04:42:21 PM »

According to Amazon and Borders, Steven Tylers autobiography will be released on June 15th.

Does The Noise In My Head Bother You?

By Steven Tyler

The book traces Tyler's youth in the Bronx, his early music career and influences, his legendary partnership with Joe Perry, the meteoric rise, fall, and rise of AEROSMITH over the last three decades, their music, his epic romantic life, his relationship with his four children (including actress Liv Tyler and actress and author Mia Tyler) life on the road and in the spotlight, the economics of the rock star business ? and all the sex, drugs, and rock and roll a reader could ask for.

Tyler is still working on his book, which he says will be more personal than the material covered in the band 2003 autobiography, "Walk This Way: The Autobiography of Aerosmith".

Commented Tyler: "This is not just my take ? this is the unbridled truth, the in-your-face, up-close and prodigious tale of Steven Tyler straight from the horse's lips."

Ecco, an imprint of HarperCollins, reportedly paid more than $2 million for the rights to publish Tyler's autobiography.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0061767891?ie=UTF8&tag=upccelboosige-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=0061767891

http://www.borders.com/online/store/TitleDetail?sku=0061767891

The cover?

http://www.infibeam.com/Books/info/steven-tyler/does-noise-my-head-bother-you/9780061767890.html
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 04:53:22 PM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #669 on: February 22, 2010, 05:31:18 PM »

"There's no Aerosmith without Steven Tyler," notes Download promoter Andy Copping of Live Nation U.K. "There's no point in entertaining anything other than (with) Steven Tyler." Copping adds that an Aerosmith without Tyler "was never part of the conversation" with the group's representatives.

Andy Copping is my favorite person in the world today.  Genius.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #670 on: February 22, 2010, 06:36:51 PM »

Andy Copping is my favorite person in the world today.  Genius.

He's right. Aerosmith without Steven Tyler would be like GNR without Axl just no.
The Bedouin
Rocker

only god can judge me

« Reply #671 on: February 25, 2010, 05:41:10 PM »

http://www.aeroforceone.com/index.cfm/pk/view/cd/NAA/cdid/1250674/pid/302766
24-Feb-10 AEROSMITH BACK ON THE ROAD WITH 'COCKED, LOCKED, READY TO ROCK TOUR!'

AMERICA'S GREATEST ROCK BAND ANNOUNCES RUN OF SHOWS IN EUROPE

First European Show - June l0th in Sweden - Tickets on Sale March 5th

Aerosmith - the biggest, most enduring and thrilling band in rock history will make a spectacular return to the UK and Europe this summer with the COCKED, LOCKED, READY TO ROCK TOUR! spawning what will be the ultimate music event of the new decade.

"Back by popular demand with more spit and fire than ever before, we're coming across the pond and parting the waters as we go," says Steven Tyler.

"Aerosmith is going to be rocking in the UK and Europe this summer," adds Joe Perry. "Enough BS - we're coming and everything is going to be set at eleven."

Band members Steven Tyler, Joe Perry, Brad Whitford, Tom Hamilton and Joey Kramer will hit Europe for the first time in three years to deliver a fistful of knockout, heart pounding, headline summer rock shows:

Sweden - Rock Festival ? June 10th
UK - Download Festival ? June 13th
UK - London 02 Arena ? June 15th
Romania ? Bucharest ? June 18th
Greece ? Athens Olympic Stadium ? June 20th
Holland ? Nijmegen Goeffert Park ? June 23rd
Belgium - Graspop Festival ? June 25th
Spain ? Barcelona St Jordi Arena ? June 27th
France ? Paris Bercy Arena ? June 29th
Czech Republic ? Prague 02 Arena - July 1st
Italy - Venice Festival ? July 3rd

For more than 30 years Aerosmith, four time Grammy winners, Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees   (2001), recipients of 12 MTV VIdeo Awards and countless other awards have performed electrifying sold out concerts around the world for decades along with selling well over 150 million albums.

Drummer Joey Kramer says, "Aerosmith is back! Bigger, better and stronger than ever!  So look out Europe, 'cuz we're comin' to get cha."

Guitarist Brad Whitford added, "I'm not sure who is happier, the band or the fans.  Can't wait to get started. We'll see you this summer."

The Sweden Rock Festival is the band's first European date and they can not wait to uncork the tour in Solvesborg on June 10th.

Aerosmith and their shared passion and commitment to continue to rock the world will play ten other European shows including what is set to be a phenomenal and unforgettable return to the main stage at Donington Park for the first time in 16 years, where they join Download Festival co-headliners Rage Against The Machine and AC/DC on June 13th.

The tour then hits London's 02 arena before making its way across mainland Europe playing shows including Bucharest, Athens, Barcelona and Paris before finally finishing up in Venice on July 3rd.

babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #672 on: February 26, 2010, 05:30:08 AM »

Reckon i'll head to 02 gig.  dont like the venue but am sure Aero could change my mind! Donwload sunday still tempting, but this is a must. we may not see them back here for some time..
kaasupoltin
Legend

« Reply #673 on: February 26, 2010, 05:47:13 AM »

Too bad there's no show in Finland this time.. I'd love to see them again, 2007 was a sick show! But I'm very glad they're still touring and giving their fans all that music and energy Smiley

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
Nikolis-Godfather
Opening Act

« Reply #674 on: February 26, 2010, 06:18:41 AM »

they're coming in Greece Smiley... for the first time!

99,9% will be there!

The Best, The Best, Axl Rose is the Best...
Every time i listen him i feel a pressure in my chest
andy1981
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #675 on: February 26, 2010, 06:48:33 AM »

Why won't they come to Scotland? theres fans up here too!

The UK is not London & 1 festival show.

Good to see things are back to normal though, so the last 3 months of headlines & magazine articles are all BS??
There has to be some truth in some of it somewhere
domi
Kashmir
Rocker

Vae Victis!

« Reply #676 on: February 26, 2010, 08:20:53 AM »

I'll try to watch them in Venice. Would be my personal Waynestock with Pearl Jam in Berlin and Aerosmith within four days.

Omne ius hominum causa constitutum.
(Hermogenian, D. 1,5,2)
kaasupoltin
Legend

« Reply #677 on: February 26, 2010, 09:05:42 AM »

Would be my personal Waynestock with Pearl Jam in Berlin and Aerosmith within four days.

Remember to wear the right shirt:

BEEP.
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #678 on: March 03, 2010, 07:27:52 AM »

it's over ?100 for a standing ticket for the 02 london gig   no
Apparently there are some at ?85 but they werent available on 02 presales today, maybe on general sale on friday?  I cant pay over ?100 for a ticket for any band apart from GnR.  probably be cheaper to get a day ticket to Download instead and the travel gettin there as well!
 Cry
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #679 on: April 05, 2010, 07:21:37 PM »

Steven Tyler sang "God Bless America" during the 7th inning stretch of the Yanks/Sox game last night on opening night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSAqnfGJWhY&feature=related

Is that his daughter with him?

Edit, I noticed from the comments that it is his daughter.  Good performance.  Nice to see Steven back after the tough times he's had recently.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 44 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: