Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 10:23:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Aerosmith Thread.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 44 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Aerosmith Thread.  (Read 212876 times)
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #680 on: April 08, 2010, 01:11:12 AM »

Steven Tyler was a guest in the NESN booth along with Peter Wolfe (J Geils Band) during the Red Sox game tonight to announce the 2 bands will be playing the annual concert at Fenway Park in August.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #681 on: April 08, 2010, 02:32:06 PM »

Steven Tyler was a guest in the NESN booth along with Peter Wolfe (J Geils Band) during the Red Sox game tonight to announce the 2 bands will be playing the annual concert at Fenway Park in August.

For the First Time Ever Rock Legends Aerosmith Perform at Fenway Park With The J. Geils Band August 14th

THIS WILL BE THE ROCK EVENT OF THE SUMMER

TICKETS ON SALE APRIL 17th
http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/for-the-first-time-ever-rock-legends-aerosmith-perform-at-fenway-park-with-the-j-geils-band-august-14th-90232332.html

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #682 on: April 08, 2010, 02:33:27 PM »

Aerosmith didn?t want to miss a thing

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Aerosmith was on the verge of a Permanent Vacation until the feuding factions staged a pseudo-intervention to air grievances, resolve their differences and - after months of break-up threats - put the Bad Boys of Boston back together again.

?There was a lot of sort of reconciling and processing feelings and stuff,? bassist Tom Hamilton told the Track. ?Everyone said how they wanted things to be in the future and it became clear that, for everybody, the coolest thing to do would be to resolve things with the band.?

Hamilton joked that he and bandmates Steven Tyler, Joe Perry, Brad Whitford and Joey Kramer came to the February sit-down in their rehearsal studio ?all lawyered up.?

?There was management there,? he said, adding that ?it took a while? to get everybody to realize that the best thing for everyone was for Aerosmith to be Aerosmith.

As you may recall, the band was falling to pieces after Tyler fell off the stage in Sturgis, S.D., last summer - the culmination, sources said, of some out-of-control partying on the part of the perennial 12-Stepper.

The rest of the group vowed to go ?on strike? until Tyler addressed his sobriety issues, at which point the longtime frontman announced that he wanted to take a two-year hiatus from rock ?n? roll. That revelation prompted a return volley from Perry & Co. threatening to replace Steven with a new singer. Tyler countered that he?d sue if they did.

Hamilton said all seemed lost until, out of the blue, Tyler turned up at Joe Perry?s New York gig in November and announced he wasn?t leaving the band.

?I wasn?t shocked, but I thought it would take longer. It came very suddenly,? Hamilton said. ?Up to that point there had been no direct communication with Steven. It sucked. I hated that it was that way for a few months.?

Tyler told his bandmates he wanted to get back together and agreed to enter rehab to battle an addiction to painkillers.

?He took a really big step and it was really great,? Hamilton said.

Tyler did a 30-day ?intensive sobriety treatment? program and remained for 60 days after that. In February he came out for a few days for the summit meeting.

Hamilton said throughout Aerosmith?s troubles, ?the phone was ringing. People wanted to see the band.?

?We finally realized, even with all the BS flying around, that there was a beautiful thing right there if we had enough sense to grab it.?

http://bostonherald.com/track/inside_track/view.bg?&articleid=1245560&format=&page=1&listingType=trak#articleFull

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #683 on: April 15, 2010, 04:09:37 PM »

so I'm only a casual fan, mostly knowing the hits really.. what 3 records would you reccommend me to check out?
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #684 on: April 15, 2010, 04:15:01 PM »

so I'm only a casual fan, mostly knowing the hits really.. what 3 records would you reccommend me to check out?

Toys In The Attic and Rocks are usually considered their classics, and IMO Get A Grip is a good latter-day 'Smith album.

TITA is probably my personal fav, but the second half of Rocks (plus Back In The Saddle) is awesome.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #685 on: April 15, 2010, 06:59:24 PM »

Toys In The Attic and Rocks are usually considered their classics, and IMO Get A Grip is a good latter-day 'Smith album.

TITA is probably my personal fav, but the second half of Rocks (plus Back In The Saddle) is awesome.
Yeah, I became a fan in the 80's.  The first album I got of theirs was "Pump" and I think it still sounds pretty solid today.  Get a Grip was good too.  Permanent Vacation was pretty good, but not quite the same level, for me.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #686 on: April 16, 2010, 02:18:46 AM »

Rocks
Wings
Toys

Get those and you are set.

Honorable mention for Draw The Line.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #687 on: April 19, 2010, 01:26:50 PM »

Joe Perry was looking for his replacement. confused

Not as close Aerosmith members put differences aside to tour

By Cindy Martin

Monday, April 19, 2010; 11:55 AM

LONDON (Reuters) - Aerosmith are not as close as they once were, but the "Boston bad boys" have put their considerable differences behind them to tour Europe for the first time in three years, guitarist Joe Perry said.

Perry, who led a recent uprising against lead singer Steven Tyler, said of his bandmate that he was "stronger than ever" despite a stint in rehab for an addiction to prescription painkillers related to 10 years of performance injuries.

Perry also played down the unusually public dust-up between members of a group whose history has been littered with divisions, drug abuse and debauchery.

"He didn't really leave the band," Perry said of Tyler.

"He made it very clear from the very beginning that he wasn't going to leave the band and he just wanted some solo time," the guitarist added in an interview.

He was referring to Tyler's expressed wish to take a break from Aerosmith in order to write a memoir and focus on what he cryptically termed "brand Tyler."

"The press kind of twisted it around to sell papers but you know the bottom line is I just knew things were just going to work themselves out," he told Reuters.

"And he is back and he is stronger than ever."

The words of reconciliation were a far cry from a recent falling out during which Perry announced the band was searching for a singer to replace Tyler.

Perry and Tyler, dubbed the "toxic twins" for their hard-living days of old, wrote classic tracks like "Walk this Way" and "Love in an Elevator" together.

NO LONGER CLOSE

Perry, 59, admitted that the Grammy award-winning band, formed 40 years ago, had drifted apart over the years.

"When our kids were younger and our kids were growing up together we were a lot closer together," Perry said.

"As the kids got older and they started going off their own ways and Steven ended up getting divorced ... you know, the family get together we don't really do that much any more."

He added that the band did not "hang out together that much," with 62-year-old Tyler spending time with his own group of friends and Perry with another.

"But it doesn't interfere with the band," he said.

Aerosmith hits Europe with its "Cocked, Locked, Ready to Rock" tour starting at in Sweden on June 10 followed by two dates in Britain on June 13 and 15.

The 11-concert tour also visits Romania, Greece, Holland, Belgium, Spain, France, the Czech Republic and Italy.

As well as Tyler's stint in rehab and desire to go solo, Aerosmith was also forced to cancel a disastrous 2009 tour when the lead singer fell off stage and broke his shoulder.

The group, which said it had sold "well over" 150 million albums, has not released a studio album of new material since 2001.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/04/19/AR2010041901791.html

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #688 on: May 18, 2010, 06:35:12 PM »

AEROSMITH Kicks Off South American Tour; Video Available - May 18, 2010

Boston hard rock legends AEROSMITH kicked off the South American leg of the "Cocked, Locked, Ready To Rock Tour 2010" last night (Monday, May 17) in Caracas, Venezuela.

The band's setlist was as follows:

01. Back In The Saddle
02. Love In An Elevator
03. Falling In Love (Is Hard On The Knees)
04. Walkin' The Dog
05. Pink
06. Chip Away The Stone
07. Dream On
08. Livin' On The Edge
09. Crazy
10. Cryin'
--drum solo/Combination outro (w/Steven playing along on drums)--
11. Rag Doll
12. I Don't Want To Miss A Thing
13. Sweet Emotion
14. Stop Messin' Around
15. Last Child
16. Baby Please Don't Go
17. Draw The Line

Encore:

18. Walk This Way
19. Train Kept A Rollin'

Fan-filmed video footage of the concert can be viewed below.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=140285

Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #689 on: May 29, 2010, 11:58:26 AM »

Boston hard rock legends AEROSMITH have announced the following North American tour dates:

Jul. 23 - Oakland, CA @ Oracle Arena
Jul. 26 - Paso Robles, CA @ California Mid-State Fair
Jul. 29 - Irvine, CA @ Verizon Wireless Amphitheater
Jul. 31 - Las Vegas, NV @ MGM Grand Garden Arena
Aug. 03 - Dallas, TX @ Superpages.com Amphitheatre
Aug. 05 - Woodlands, TX @ Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion
Aug. 07 - Tampa, FL @ Ford Amphitheatre
Aug. 09 - Fort Lauderdale, FL @ BankAtlantic Center
Aug. 12 - Wantagh, NY @ Nikon at Jones Beach Theater
Aug. 14 - Boston, MA @ Fenway Park
Aug. 17 - Toronto, ONT @ Air Canada Centre
Aug. 19 - Omaha, NE @ Qwest Center
Aug. 22 - Tinley Park, IL @ First Midwest Bank Amphitheater
Aug. 24 - Holmdel, NJ @ PNJ Bank Arts Center
Aug. 26 - Syracuse, NY @ New York State Fair
Aug. 28 - Atlantic City, NJ @ Boardwalk Hall
Aug. 31 - Detroit, MI @ The Palace at Auburn Hills
Sep. 02 - Cincinnati, OH @ Riverbend Music Center
Sep. 04 - Uncasville, CT @ Mohegan Sun Arena

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #690 on: June 04, 2010, 09:59:25 AM »

Joe Perry had this to say regarding the new Aerosmith album, to Rolling Stone:

Jun 03

Perry has higher hopes for their next effort. "Looking at the calendar we'll probably be going into the studio sometime around the holidays or maybe in the beginning of next year. We'll have to take time off from touring to make the best record we can make. We owe it to ourselves to make the best record we can make."

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/;kw=[36885,165810]

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #691 on: June 04, 2010, 04:50:47 PM »

I just have to say i think its a crime what these guys are apparently charging for tickets for the US tour. The few dates that are up on ticketmaster already range from $35 for the worst seats which isn't bad but go all the way up to over $200!
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #692 on: June 06, 2010, 01:35:52 AM »

I just have to say i think its a crime what these guys are apparently charging for tickets for the US tour. The few dates that are up on ticketmaster already range from $35 for the worst seats which isn't bad but go all the way up to over $200!

Especially given that they canceled a tour not long ago. 

Given the economic downturn, I've noticed that ticket prices seem high as hell.  Nothing in the 20s, before "fees" (aka "fuck you, here's the ripoff part").  Hell, Tom Petty (round here ...for GA) is $41 BEFORE fees.  That's bullshit.  $25 + fees I can live with for cheap seats.  But shit...nobody's got any money and ticketmasterbator figures this is the time to cash in?  Hell with that!  I'm seeing two shows this summer.  Maiden...$31+ fees, and Gov't Mule, which I bought during livenation's "no fees" period.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Dayle1066
Rocker

« Reply #693 on: June 06, 2010, 12:56:42 PM »

Reading about the tickets make the more expensive Download ticket of this year(?190 compared to ?160) seem like good value. Its all a fucking rip off though really. ?30 is a fair price for a decent show at a good venue.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #694 on: June 06, 2010, 03:58:48 PM »

Also, have you noticed as the ticket prices go up the length of shows get shorter?
Dayle1066
Rocker

« Reply #695 on: June 06, 2010, 05:55:30 PM »

I think the only band I would pay over ?150 to see is AC/DC. They were so incredible and I only had to pay ?60. Also maybe Clapton, but that was only ?50 for 4th row at the Royal Albert Hall. Both two hour shows and just unbelievable.

Ive never seen Aerosmith (really looking forward to Download) but I cant imagine they are better than DC so $200 seems ridiculous.

Either way great band, Rocks has gotta be one of the best rock records ever.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #696 on: June 06, 2010, 06:03:08 PM »

I saw them back in the 90s great show great band. Not worth 200+ for good seats though. The fees are ranging from 13 and change to 23 and change. So the highest priced ticket is still $185 before fees. Ridiculous.
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #697 on: June 08, 2010, 02:17:04 PM »

I think the only band I would pay over ?150 to see is AC/DC. They were so incredible and I only had to pay ?60. Also maybe Clapton, but that was only ?50 for 4th row at the Royal Albert Hall. Both two hour shows and just unbelievable.

Ive never seen Aerosmith (really looking forward to Download) but I cant imagine they are better than DC so $200 seems ridiculous.

Either way great band, Rocks has gotta be one of the best rock records ever.
Aerosmith blow AC/DC out of the water musically and vocally live. Brian can't fucking sing.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #698 on: June 13, 2010, 11:08:30 AM »

saw them at sweden rock festival, was very impressed, liked the show quite a bit.. also my friend who never really liked them were impressed as well, calling it one of the best shows he'd seen
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #699 on: June 14, 2010, 09:49:10 AM »

Interview with the band from Download

http://www.thedailyrock.com/2010/06/14/aerosmith-interview-at-download-festival/

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 44 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: